User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 2 May 2005, 10:20   #1
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
So, Iraq...

Do you think it is in a worse state now than before the war?
they've just formed their government 3 months after the election.
The population are not happy.
There are daily bombings, assassinations and kidnappings.
The western soldiers are still there much to the dismay of almost all the iraqi's.
The legality of the war is up in the air again, whether you think it was to "make the region safer" or "for oil" or for "regime change" or "saddam was a bad man" or "look he had wmd". It is on dodgy ground, I'm not sure the legality can be argued for.

Anyway, is it better or worse? made the world a better place? and care to add any comments I may have missed?

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2005, 10:38   #2
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: So, Iraq...

its utter anarchy.
the last thing you want to do with a wasps nest is to go stamping on it - the approach for dealing with Iraq was entirely wrong.
Unread 2 May 2005, 10:47   #3
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

i really, really don't give a shit about this piece of desert.

iraqi people happy, iraqi people unhappy.
war for freedom, war for oil.
saddam bad, saddam not bad.
americans to stay, americans to leave.

whatever, people.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2005, 10:49   #4
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

One question i've asked myself is whether 'freedom' (whatever people think this is, as 'freedom' is a bit of a US propaganda word) in the case of other states has been easy to obtain. The conclusion I came to is in the negative, and therefore I'd rather be patient.
Unread 2 May 2005, 11:19   #5
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

There's a thread starter with the ambition of reaching a large amount of replies if ever I've seen one.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2005, 11:58   #6
Squishy
Lost

Squishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond repute

its very simple in my opinion u cant force democracy on people who are not ready

Denocracy has to grow and only when the people are ready. Its something the americans dont realise and probebly never will.

The war was stupid all they succeded in doing was destabalising the region with sadam in power their were no terorist in iraq now their is. He wasnt a nice person in fact he was rather evil but sometimes countrys need that. Look at britian we had many evil dictators rulling us ( we called them kings) and eventuallly the people demanded more of a say in the running of their lifes and thus democracy was born. Its the only way it can happen succecfully imo
Unread 2 May 2005, 12:08   #7
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

i agree with Koen. i dont give a damn any more.
Unread 2 May 2005, 12:08   #8
ceres

ceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud of

I dont believe the Iraqi people were ready for "freedom", i think we saw that when the first thing they did with sadam gone was to loot everything that wasnt bolted down. A more gradual change is what was needed.
________
Adelyn

Last edited by ceres; 31 Aug 2011 at 07:01.
ceres is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2005, 12:12   #9
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

The problem was America went in thinking they are knights in shining armour and that Saddam would roll over and turn himself in on day one. Too much thought was put into who would get what contracts, not how would they rebuild a country and police it.
Unread 2 May 2005, 12:28   #10
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wu_trax

it's still going on, people are still dying, we should still care! It's ok for you in countries that haven't got troops out there.
Another British soldier died today.
It's still an issue and should still be debated!

I'm more interested as to what the pro-war people think.
But I just realised that most of them aren't here any more

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2005, 12:33   #11
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

there never were many around here. if you find someone hes most likelyjust trolling. go to freerepulic.com if you want to talk to people who have completly gone nuts.
Unread 2 May 2005, 12:39   #12
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm of the view it's a mess we've created, and therefore one we should be responsible for.

Pulling troops isn't necessarily the best solution - that's just simply saying 'not our problem' and walking away without a care in the world and the greatest possible self-interest in my view.

It's obvious that the planning to the Iraq war was very poor indeed - I have no problem with their act of war, it was their call to make - their execution leaves a lot to be desired though.
Unread 2 May 2005, 12:57   #13
wu_trax

the execution of the war was perfect. noone could have planed it any better, the problem is that they had no idea about what to do after the war* was over. ofc saddam never was a military genius, so that certainly helped.

* war as one would imagine a war, not that partisan fighting and bombing thats still going on.
Unread 2 May 2005, 13:59   #14
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
its utter anarchy.
the last thing you want to do with a wasps nest is to go stamping on it - the approach for dealing with Iraq was entirely wrong.
Quoted for Truth , Justice , and the American Way.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2005, 14:46   #15
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
Anyway, is it better or worse?
Worse, of course. (Especially for the hundred thousand dead Iraqis, for whom it's considerably worse.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
made the world a better place?
Not unless "a better place" means "far more dangerous than before with far more angry terrorists running around thinking of ways to do as much damage to the West as we've done to the Middle East".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
and care to add any comments I may have missed?
Tony Blair should be impeached and then tried for war crimes.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2005, 15:24   #16
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: So, Iraq...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
Do you think it is in a worse state now than before the war?
Well, I'm sure the trains used to run on time. But I guess it depends on your definitions. :|
Quote:
they've just formed their government 3 months after the election.
As opposed to not having free elections?
Quote:
The population are not happy.
How did you determine this? And were they happier under Saddam?
Quote:
There are daily bombings, assassinations and kidnappings.
Yeah that sucks, but is it worse than this?
Quote:
The western soldiers are still there much to the dismay of almost all the iraqi's.
How did you determine this? The polls I've seen say the majority of Iraqi's would prefer the troops to remain for the time being. And that's been the position of their government as well.
Quote:
The legality of the war is up in the air again, whether you think it was to "make the region safer" or "for oil" or for "regime change" or "saddam was a bad man" or "look he had wmd". It is on dodgy ground, I'm not sure the legality can be argued for.
That's almost funny.
Quote:
Anyway, is it better or worse? made the world a better place?
I think Iraq is marginally better now, and with enormously more potential in the future. The world as a whole is better.
Quote:
and care to add any comments I may have missed?
Hooya!
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2005, 15:30   #17
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I dont think any citizen who lives with Islam is ever going to be "free", the rest is irrelevant.

A war on Islam would have been much better

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2005, 16:36   #18
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

And whoever thinks i've been brainwashed by Fox News is entirely off the mark. I don't have any time for America, but i dont have any time for religion either, especially Islam. I dont think i should tolerate a belief that has no respect for women, or human rights.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2005, 16:40   #19
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It's hard to measure these things. Personally, I'd say that a country which has an unstable democracy, but has reasonable to good prospects for improvement is in a better situation than a dictatorship which was going nowhere fast and was an international pariah.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2005, 16:41   #20
Spiderman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
I dont think any citizen who lives with Islam is ever going to be "free", the rest is irrelevant.

I agree, you cannot liberate a religion that thrives on containment.
Unread 2 May 2005, 16:42   #21
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You cannot liberate a religion that worships a different god.

End
Of
Discussion.
Unread 2 May 2005, 16:44   #22
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Question Re: So, Iraq...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
How can you wage war against a religious conviction?
Unread 2 May 2005, 16:45   #23
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactitus
yes?

and if there's any doubt as to whether a US-led international coalition can run a country better than SADDAM ****ING HUSSEIN there's a problem. and frankly it doesn't look in the slightest like they can.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2005, 16:54   #24
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceres
I dont believe the Iraqi people were ready for "freedom", i think we saw that when the first thing they did with sadam gone was to loot everything that wasnt bolted down. A more gradual change is what was needed.
"Rodney King"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squishy
its very simple in my opinion u cant force democracy on people who are not ready

Denocracy has to grow and only when the people are ready. Its something the americans dont realise and probebly never will.

The war was stupid all they succeded in doing was destabalising the region with sadam in power their were no terorist in iraq now their is. He wasnt a nice person in fact he was rather evil but sometimes countrys need that. Look at britian we had many evil dictators rulling us ( we called them kings) and eventuallly the people demanded more of a say in the running of their lifes and thus democracy was born. Its the only way it can happen succecfully imo
Japan 1945(52)
Unread 2 May 2005, 16:56   #25
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Err, wait a minute. The majority of the electorate of Iraq did participate in the elections. (62%)

For a people who are not yet ready to have democracy 'forced' on them, they have a strange way of expressing it.
Unread 2 May 2005, 17:03   #26
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Maybe Ireland wasn't ready for democracy because of the IRA!

Hold on, you mean minor groups who express discontent violently aren't necessarily indicative of large-scale public opinion? Get out of town!
Unread 2 May 2005, 17:14   #27
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Maybe Ireland wasn't ready for democracy because of the IRA!

Hold on, you mean minor groups who express discontent violently aren't necessarily indicative of large-scale public opinion? Get out of town!
Jonny , can you PLEASE express statements with serious meaning with a far lesser degree of sarcasm please.

It makes it so hard to take you seriously when im laughing.
Unread 2 May 2005, 22:32   #28
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

you can't 'liberate'

or 'democratise'

a society that has lived with despotism for over 5.000 years

(yes you'll note, far longer than it has been islamic.)

Alexander the great noted that the people of (what we call the middle east and iraq) could never be free, because they did not know how to say the word 'no'.

nothing has changed.
Unread 2 May 2005, 22:45   #29
Marilyn Manson
Gone

We'd lived with despotism since the year dot until a few hundred years ago, and yet here we are. I also hear many places in Eastern Europe have also made big strides in this regard recently without having a tradition of this kind of thing.
Unread 2 May 2005, 22:47   #30
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
We'd lived with despotism since the year dot until a few hundred years ago, and yet here we are. I also hear many places in Eastern Europe have also made big strides in this regard recently without having a tradition of this kind of thing.
actually we didn't

but hey

if you want to just say we did, i'm sure people will believe you

oh and when was the year dot exactly?
Unread 2 May 2005, 22:52   #31
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
actually we didn't
Yes we did.

Quote:
Unread 2 May 2005, 22:56   #32
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2005, 00:58   #33
zakoff
Evul Critter

zakoff is on a distinguished road

I don't think anyone can seriously argue that Iraq is a better place.

However, I'd like to see anyone come up with the answer of how to make Iraq better. MM is right, that Eastern Europe didn't have a tradition of democracy, but was able to adopt it fairly easily. The difference is that the Eastern European states gained democracy for themselves, it wasn't forced upon them.

I don't think Iraq is, as Yahwe states, that you cannot democratise Iraq or pacify etc. Where is the evidence for that? Surely any culture can have democracy, Iraqi's aren't aliens...

We also have to remember that the violence etc is only caused by a minority of people within the country, most chose democracy over violence when they went to vote in the Elections.
Unread 3 May 2005, 01:02   #34
JonnyBGood
Banned

Holy shit man I already pointed out that Japan became democratic after World War Two and it certainly didn't gain it for itself.
Unread 3 May 2005, 01:02   #35
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakoff
However, I'd like to see anyone come up with the answer of how to make Iraq better.
Wait until the rebels finally give up and go home, (Which is already happening to some extent, certainly compared to a year ago.) and wait until natural growth and improvement as a result of reconstruction kicks in. It's not that hard.
Unread 3 May 2005, 01:11   #36
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
I don't think anyone can seriously argue that Iraq is a better place.

However, I'd like to see anyone come up with the answer of how to make Iraq better. MM is right, that Eastern Europe didn't have a tradition of democracy,
your memory is too short for me to deal with.
Unread 3 May 2005, 01:13   #37
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Oh, and swathes of states have had democracy 'forced' on them, either directly or to some extent indirectly, and have gone on to prosper. Christ, this applies to practically everything between the Rhine and the Urals.
Unread 3 May 2005, 01:17   #38
zakoff
Evul Critter

zakoff is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
Wait until the rebels finally give up and go home, (Which is already happening to some extent, certainly compared to a year ago.) and wait until natural growth and improvement as a result of reconstruction kicks in. It's not that hard.
I don't think there is much of an improvement. Its just reported less. I read a report recently, in the Guardian weekly, about the kidnappings. It was about the kidnapping of Iraqi's, which according to them was occuring more than with Western citezens and just wasn't getting reported. There are also many kidnappings that are still going on - The Romanian Journalists and now an Austrialian Journalist.

The Bombings are also still going on, however they are less significantly reported on the news. Unless a serviceman dies, its not as important as the Election news etc.

Ok, its improved, but I really doubt that it will just blow over. Whether the reconstruction is working, i don't know... Economic growth is just not going to happen, investment in the country must be at an all time low because of the bombings etc... I'd be suprised if there is enough security for anything significant to happen economically. Who knows though, I'm coming to the conclusion that no one in Government really cares at the moment what goes on.
Unread 3 May 2005, 01:18   #39
Yahwe
I am.

you rant dear

i raised a 5,000 year old truth.

if it changes. i will be surprised.
Unread 3 May 2005, 01:25   #40
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
if it changes. i will be surprised.
It already is changing on the outskirts of the region. Turkey is constantly advancing in this regard, and so are many of the smaller Gulf States (Bahrain springs to mind.) Soon enough the core of the Arab states will also go the same way. The outside pressure is simply too great on them not to change. Ever since the end of 'ancient' times no-one in the West has really given a shit about the Middle East - the absolute opposite is true now.
Unread 3 May 2005, 09:05   #41
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

iraq

is

stupid
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2005, 10:28   #42
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniborp
The problem was America went in thinking they are knights in shining armour
I don't think they did. I think they knew that the rebuilding would be a nightmare, and so they dismissed that problem by not actually paying attention to it. If they had the best interests... hell, any interest in the Iraqi people at all, they wouldn't have gone in until they knew what to do after they won, and not just wing it as they seem to have been doing recently.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2005, 17:43   #43
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Actually, from what I know of the subject, many in the administration considered that they would be greeted more or less across the board as liberators, and thus there was very little need for substantial pre-planning. What planning there was, was poor, and grossly underestimated the potential problems.
Unread 3 May 2005, 17:52   #44
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactitus
Well, I'm sure the trains used to run on time. But I guess it depends on your definitions. :|

As opposed to not having free elections?

How did you determine this? And were they happier under Saddam?

How did you determine this? The polls I've seen say the majority of Iraqi's would prefer the troops to remain for the time being. And that's been the position of their government as well.

That's almost funny.

I think Iraq is marginally better now, and with enormously more potential in the future. The world as a whole is better.

Hooya!

easily the best post in the thread, and possibly the most ignored by people with the other point of view, because its hard to refute
Unread 3 May 2005, 22:51   #45
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

i ignored it because i agreed with it, couldnt improve it, and cba to quote it
Unread 6 May 2005, 20:56   #46
Texan
Prince of Amber

Texan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Hey Wu buddy, I'm back in Germany after five years. Still don't have my computer here yet, or a place to live. I'm at an Internet cafe.

Are you becoming lethargic from caring too much int he past?
Unread 7 May 2005, 09:49   #47
wu_trax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan
Hey Wu buddy, I'm back in Germany after five years. Still don't have my computer here yet, or a place to live. I'm at an Internet cafe.

Are you becoming lethargic from caring too much int he past?
welcome back its been five years already?

and yes, probably, no matter how much you care and argue, you don't change anything anyway, you can't even convice anyone of anything, so i see no point anymore
Unread 7 May 2005, 13:09   #48
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

and yes, probably, no matter how much you care and argue, you don't change anything anyway, you can't even convice anyone of anything, so i see no point anymore

its taken you that long to realise the prime rule of the internet?
Unread 7 May 2005, 19:20   #49
Texan
Prince of Amber

Texan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these parts

Quote:

It's been two years since I left Belgium, but five since I left Germany.

I changed my opinion on Israel a few years back. It can happen.
Unread 7 May 2005, 22:19   #50
CamelToe
You Know I'm Right

CamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these parts

Quote:
investment in the country must be at an all time low because of the bombings etc... I'd be suprised if there is enough security for anything significant to happen economically. Who knows though, I'm coming to the conclusion that no one in Government really cares at the moment what goes on.
Is this a serious comment or was this that witty European humour thing I've heard so much about. For the first time since a while ago, foreign companies are actually putting money into the country legimately to build roads, schools, hospitals, and oil-works.

As the great, and wise Ice Cube once said, "You better check yo self fo' you reck yo'self."

Don't act like you weren't thinking the same thing...

you should stop posting on these forums as you're CRAP
CamelToe is offline   Reply With Quote