User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 23 Nov 2005, 01:06   #1
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little
Vietnam

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4451992.stm

Ok.

Now, I was reading this in the Daily Express today, far be it for me to say which source is more reliable, but the Express stated that he could face a firing squad for this as underage rape is one of 43 crimes punishable by death in Vietnam.

Forgive me for this, but...

Gary Glitter could be shot in the face, with bullets, not cum.
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 01:07   #2
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Vietnam

I hope they televise it.
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 01:10   #3
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

But the BBC say:

Quote:
Under Vietnamese law, the charge of obscene acts with a minor carries a penalty of one to five years in jail.
So if he gets himself a very good lawyer, he could end up sharing a cell with a Vietnamese Bubba.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 01:11   #4
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

not a Buddha?
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 01:12   #5
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

"Under Vietnamese law, the charge of obscene acts with a minor carries a penalty of one to five years in jail."

The Express should try reading the BBC website more often.

Edit: Beaten
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 01:12   #6
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

From what I can remember Vietnam is third in the world rankings of people executed (after Iran and China) so I guess they're trying to stay competetitive.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 01:16   #7
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
not a Buddha?
Nah. In America, a common name for a cell mate is Bubba (or so I've been told).
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 01:16   #8
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
From what I can remember Vietnam is third in the world rankings of people executed (after Iran and China) so I guess they're trying to stay competetitive.
What about Saudi Arabia?
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 01:18   #9
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I wasn't aware that anyone read the Express.

do you do so regularly? and if so, why?
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 01:19   #10
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoderm
Nah. In America, a common name for a cell mate is Bubba (or so I've been told).
i think he was making a joke dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe

I do occasionally at home, but only for Garfield and Dilbert
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 01:23   #11
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:

The guy I live with gets it every day for the £1000 prize crossword that they run.

When it's around I'll flick through it to pass time during adverts or the likes, or if I see interesting stories on the front page (such as Mr Glitter's possible execution...)
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 01:26   #12
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Dave
i think he was making a joke dude
I know dude.
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 01:26   #13
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm not mocking, I was genuinely curious.

In the last decade the express hasn't made a profit: it's totally ignored by mainstream media (ie. when they do the round up of tomorrows frontpages on newsnight: I've genuinely never come accross anyone who reads it.

mind you £1000 crossword prize seems a good enough reason and I was terribly fond of garfield when I was a child
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 01:29   #14
pig
1up on you

Apparently the express was pro euro a few weeks ago so I was told in a lecture on europe, thats the most ive ever heard of the express other than that gay advert "express delivery" etc
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 01:36   #15
Yahwe
I am.

Piglet you should be more informed.

Under Lord Beaverbrook the Express was the most read newspaper in the world. It declined pretty sharp after Beaverbrook and as I understand it nowadays it is declining even swifter. The Sun and Mirror are the papers of the masses, the Mail the paper of the lower middle classes, the Torygraph is the paper of the countryside, the times for the urbanites, the guardian is the paper for pedants and socialists, the Independant is the paper for the liberally minded. The Express has no niche and no obvious direction.

Curiously the Express' sister paper the London only Evening Standard is far more successful than the nationwide Express.

Newspapers and their popularities with certain demographic groups is a fascinating barometer of the nation's views.
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 01:45   #16
pig
1up on you

I knew that already, just not really on the express. I always saw the express as the mails little brother, being the mail but well not such a wide appeal. I was making my comment on the fact that by lecturer seemed quite shocked that a paper other than the FT was pro Euro.
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 03:22   #17
JamMak
Cynical Optimist

JamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud of

Quote:
Under Vietnamese law, sexual contact with a minor carries varying degrees of penalty, depending on the charge.
"Obscene acts with a child" can lead to 12 years imprisonment while child rape carries the maximum penalty of death before a firing squad.
Older BBC News article
JamMak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 03:39   #18
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Somebody on the underground was reading the mail and i caught the headline regarding Glitter's possible execution.

I chuckled on the inside all the way into work.

ALL - THE - WAY!
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 03:51   #19
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

The Express = The Daily Mail
There have been several occasions when the Express and the Mail have had the exact same front page.

Also, the Express is far from being pro europe, at least the last time i read it it was (i've not read since being at uni).
We shall remember them.
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 03:58   #20
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
The Express = The Daily Mail
There have been several occasions when the Express and the Mail have had the exact same front page.

Also, the Express is far from being pro europe, at least the last time i read it it was (i've not read since being at uni).
do shut up

esmond rothermere and bill aitken are spinning.
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 12:55   #21
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You weren't there man. You just weren't there.
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 16:38   #22
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Question Re: Vietnam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
Somebody on the underground was reading the mail and i caught the headline regarding Glitter's possible execution.

I chuckled on the inside all the way into work.

ALL - THE - WAY!
Not much of a spirit of solidarity, Dace?

People who get caught deserve everything they get, eh?
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 18:52   #23
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
You weren't there man. You just weren't there.
They were coming out of the trees man. Out of the trees

Quote:
do shut up

esmond rothermere and bill aitken are spinning.
sorry, who?

Have you actually read the Express lately Yahwe? I'm pretty sure that there was a time when the Express was a decent newspaper, but now it's just a tabloid in disguise. About 35% of it these days is "celebrity news" and gossip. What ever news they report on is heavily sensationalised (not so much so with major international news though) and they have these really annoying "Express Crusades"
We shall remember them.
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 22:22   #24
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
What ever news they report on is heavily sensationalised (not so much so with major international news though) and they have these really annoying "Express Crusades"
You're clearly talking rot!
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 00:36   #25
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
Not much of a spirit of solidarity, Dace?

People who get caught deserve everything they get, eh?

it's only not illegal if you don't get caught