User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 21 Oct 2005, 20:28   #1
sigrid
hated dead or alive

sigrid is an unknown quantity at this point
What would you miss?

When we came back from the UK this week, we stopped at the Hrwich supermarket to shop for those things one can't buy in Holland.
Basically we go home with a car ful of:

Heinz salad-cream
HP sauce
Crunchy Nut Cornflakes
Ambrosia Custard and ricepudding
PG tips
meatpie's
Mature Cheddar
Scotch Eggs

If we would live in the UK, Id miss hagelslag and drop most i guess.

What would you take if you moved to another country ?
sigrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Oct 2005, 20:36   #2
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: What would you miss?

apparently other countries don't have orange squash...
And it's bloody difficult to get a decent cup of tea outside the UK!

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Oct 2005, 20:37   #3
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

'hagelslag' and 'drop' ofc.

and cheese, loads of cheese.

and a cheeseslicer!
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Oct 2005, 20:39   #4
sigrid
hated dead or alive

YES the cheeseslicer, gonna buy my whole family-in-law that one for Xmas.

And they dont have Lemonade here either i heard, tho i think 7up tastes the same
Unread 21 Oct 2005, 20:41   #5
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

Nothing much. I've found that continental europe adequetly provides for my material needs. I missed british humour. You can't adequetly translate "y'alright petal?"
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Oct 2005, 20:53   #6
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigrid
And they dont have Lemonade here either i heard, tho i think 7up tastes the same
Where, in the UK?
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Oct 2005, 21:06   #7
sigrid
hated dead or alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Where, in the UK?

In holland
Unread 21 Oct 2005, 21:20   #8
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Completely nothing really. Can't think of anything at the moment.

edit:

Maybe my own language, I remember after visiting France for longer then a week it's really awesome to hear Dutch people around me (or even proper English speaking folks), but I only realise that when I finally arrive back in Holland.
Unread 21 Oct 2005, 21:28   #9
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

Beef Kroketten

http://www.franchiseplus.nl/gfx3/feb...roketten05.jpg

Last edited by Alessio; 21 Oct 2005 at 21:34.
Alessio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Oct 2005, 22:01   #10
sigrid
hated dead or alive

oww, yeah bitterballen!
Unread 21 Oct 2005, 22:11   #11
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Thinks I would take...

Several Glass bottles of Irn Bru, Square sausage, tate scones, fruit pudding, black pudding, haggis, a case of 70' shiling (Mcewans, tartan ot tennents special)
A good single malt like Highland park.
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Oct 2005, 22:49   #12
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Cadburys fingers.

They call them les cadburys fingeres abroad and they taste exactly the same, but its jut not right .
Unread 21 Oct 2005, 22:50   #13
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

Garlic Bread?
Unread 21 Oct 2005, 22:56   #14
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Cheese cake!
Unread 21 Oct 2005, 23:03   #15
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Cadburys fingers.

They call them les cadburys fingeres abroad and they taste exactly the same, but its jut not right .
It's like a Tarantino film in here.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Oct 2005, 23:30   #16
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Fish and Chips. Its bad enough living down south as these bloody Southerners cant make a decent portion of Fish and Chips but even down here its better than any I've had abroad. While on the whol chip shop issue I guess id also miss Mussy Peas, you might get them abroad but im not sure

As others have said a cup of tea would be something I miss. Give me a nice cup of tea over a cup of coffee any day. If I was moving to the states I guess I'd miss chocolate, yes they have it over there but it lacks that sweetness that we are used to over here and isnt a patch.

I would also miss a proper Cumberland Sausagae. Not these cheap knock offs you get in the supermarket that havent ever seen a Cumberland Sausage but a proper traditional one made in Cumbria.

Most of the things I would realy miss mind you, such as Yorkshire Puddings, Custard, Sponge Cakes ect ect really wouldnt be an issue because its the home made ones rather than shop bought premade or mixture jobs so as long as I could get the ingrediants then id be fine
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2005, 00:56   #17
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

Curly hair.

I think I would wholy embrace wherever I was and if I didn't like the food of where i was, I'd put loads and loads of ketchup on it which i would carry around in a little bottle at all times for such occasions/emergencies
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2005, 01:13   #18
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

Decent bacon, cant find proper bacon anywhere but in the UK it seems.

Pork and Beef sausages.

Good old english cafes.

Proper fruities.
Unread 22 Oct 2005, 01:17   #19
Arachnidman
You love me really

Arachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond repute

British Beef.
Arachnidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2005, 06:39   #20
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I'd miss proper tea. Irish tea. British tea is weak as piss and half as satisfying. European tea doesn't exist.

If venturing outside the EU I'd miss milk chocolate. That would be the main thing. That and a proper pint of Guinness.
Unread 22 Oct 2005, 06:47   #21
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

When I lived in the US I missed HP Sauce, Heinz Baked Beans (what kind of warped mind decided to put brown sugar in beans ?), mars bars, decent instant coffee, PG Tips tea and The Times.

If the US was ever to introduce all of the above then it could be considered possibly bearable.

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2005, 10:51   #22
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

yeh i guess they would have tea...
i was thinking more "outside the UK but still in the western world"

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2005, 13:40   #23
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: What would you miss?

I'd miss Stockton, obviously.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2005, 13:50   #24
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

They are called Lorne sausages and they taste shit.
Unread 22 Oct 2005, 17:47   #25
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

cornish pasties
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2005, 18:40   #26
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place

google tells me hagelslag are chocolate sprinkels, jeremy clarkson was right!!! weird ****ing dutchies! whats drop?
Unread 22 Oct 2005, 18:47   #27
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
They are called Lorne sausages and they taste shit.
You can't get good square saugage outside of scotland... closest I could find in england was in sainsburys. Which I am guessing that is the case.
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2005, 18:55   #28
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place

square sausage?? what part of the pig do you kilt wearers use?
Unread 22 Oct 2005, 18:56   #29
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

the cheapest
Unread 22 Oct 2005, 19:29   #30
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaio
When I lived in the US I missed HP Sauce, Heinz Baked Beans (what kind of warped mind decided to put brown sugar in beans ?), mars bars, decent instant coffee, PG Tips tea and The Times.

If the US was ever to introduce all of the above then it could be considered possibly bearable.
Heinz and Mars are American companies

Mars also makes m&m's, is this some subliminal desire for MM?
Unread 22 Oct 2005, 19:40   #31
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
Heinz and Mars are American companies
You can get something called a 'mars bars' in America but its actually an uber Milky Way rather than being the same as a British mars bar
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Oct 2005, 10:51   #32
sigrid
hated dead or alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nusselt
google tells me hagelslag are chocolate sprinkels, jeremy clarkson was right!!! weird ****ing dutchies! whats drop?
drop is liquorice. The dutch have like 100 flavours tho, not just the english ones.
Unread 24 Oct 2005, 15:10   #33
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
yeh well so does cock
Only if you're sucking sweaty old man cock to feed your heroin addiction.
Unread 24 Oct 2005, 15:19   #34
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of

Unox Rookworst
'Belegen' cheese
Peanutbutter (That crap from the UK is like doughlike and not creamy at all)
Drop (licorice)
Boerenkool (don't know what that is in english)
Erwtensoep, or any canned dutch soups
Space-koeken
Kroketten, frikandellen, bitterballen kaassouffle's mexicano's. RAS-patat.
Sate
One-person meals from Albert Hein & Lonny's
Surinam spices
Indonesian spices
Puddings & deserts from Mona
Griesmeel
Marsepein
pepernoten
ontbijtkoek
Havermoutpap

Anyway I can't really get them here and anyone bringing them to me will receive a heroes feast, during wich I will kill you so I have more goods for myself and won't have to pay for them.
Unread 24 Oct 2005, 16:48   #35
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrasyn
Unox Rookworst
'Belegen' cheese
Peanutbutter (That crap from the UK is like doughlike and not creamy at all)
Drop (licorice)
Boerenkool (don't know what that is in english)
Erwtensoep, or any canned dutch soups
Space-koeken
Kroketten, frikandellen, bitterballen kaassouffle's mexicano's. RAS-patat.
Sate
One-person meals from Albert Hein & Lonny's
Surinam spices
Indonesian spices
Puddings & deserts from Mona
Griesmeel
Marsepein
pepernoten
ontbijtkoek
Havermoutpap

Anyway I can't really get them here and anyone bringing them to me will receive a heroes feast, during wich I will kill you so I have more goods for myself and won't have to pay for them.

agree on most of it, escept for RAS-patat and havermoutpap. they're both horrible.

btw you forgot zuurkool.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2005, 17:29   #36
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place

If you can buy twinnings loose leaf assam tea there and lots of fresh ingredients, i dont think i would miss anything at all.
Unread 24 Oct 2005, 17:44   #37
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

As others have mentioned, I find certain differences in established products most disconcerting when abroad. So something is called the same thing but made by a different company and tastes completely different.

Most places I've been there's been at least one "English shop" in the region anyway. It might be different if you were in some sort of third world place. Then I might miss a lot.

Like lack of AIDS for instance.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2005, 19:41   #38
SeanG
Wick

SeanG is a jewel in the roughSeanG is a jewel in the roughSeanG is a jewel in the rough

nowhere in Devon seems to sell the Red Kola that they sell in Scotland so when i go up there i always make sure to bring back a few bottles of that

<Desse> I am trying to breed a new superpod by leaving Unipods and Megapods alone in the same room with dim lights and Barry white on the cd player
SeanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Oct 2005, 14:51   #39
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoeN
agree on most of it, escept for RAS-patat and havermoutpap. they're both horrible.

btw you forgot zuurkool.
No I didn't, I can actually get that here.