User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 12 May 2005, 15:45   #1
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
[football] laughing at man utd fans

Quote:
He said: "I am very sad - I still love the club but I refuse to put a penny into the company. And I believe as many as 20,000 fans may also leave Man Utd."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...td/4541093.stm

and
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4540939.stm

heh
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 12 May 2005, 15:48   #2
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future
Re: [football] laughing at man utd fans

haha

and there goes another club. wasn't liverpool in about the same situation btw?
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2005, 15:52   #3
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

Phalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

We're being shafted harder than a 9 yr old at a gary glitter birthday 'bash'

All is nothing, without you.
Phalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2005, 15:53   #4
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoeN
and there goes another club
Where do you expect them to disappear to?

I very much doubt he is going to buy the club and then watch them waste away into nothingness along with his money.
Unread 12 May 2005, 15:56   #5
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

if i had the money i would.
It would be hilarious to see Man Utd get relegated.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2005, 15:58   #6
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

Phalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

It happened before when noone said it would.

I'd say the chances of it happening are not impossible, especially when fergie goes.

Unread 12 May 2005, 16:01   #7
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
if i had the money i would.
It would be hilarious to see Man Utd get relegated.
Unread 12 May 2005, 16:04   #8
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Businessmen are out to get you and your soul
Unread 12 May 2005, 16:10   #9
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

"Nick Towle, chairman of fans' pressure group, Shareholders United, claimed he has ripped up his season ticket."

Pld, with all of one match to go.
Unread 12 May 2005, 16:20   #10
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: [football] laughing at man utd fans

I blame George Bush.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2005, 16:21   #11
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apothos
"Nick Towle, chairman of fans' pressure group, Shareholders United, claimed he has ripped up his season ticket."

It's an away match as well.
Unread 12 May 2005, 16:24   #12
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place

From what ive been told the deal goes a little something like this

glazer: want that one

banker: what?

glazer: want that one

banker: that what?

glazer: club, want that club

banker: you want man utd?

glazer: yeah

banker: well have you got the money?

glazer: no

banker: so you want man utd but don't have the money to buy it?

banker: so how do you intend to buy it?

glazer: you give me money

banker: we'll need to secure a loan against something

glazer: like wha?

banker: assets, do you have any assets?

glazer: give me moneh and secure against man utd

banker: so we'll give you the money to buy manchester united and we'll secure it against manchester united

banker: how will you make the money back?

glazer: club success

banker: erm

glazer: ticket prices
Unread 12 May 2005, 16:25   #13
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apothos

No home games though.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2005, 16:27   #14
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

Surely Nick Towle is a pillock.
Unread 12 May 2005, 16:28   #15
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

I assume they meant his season ticket renewal form, but who knows.

Unread 12 May 2005, 16:28   #16
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Did he rip up his towel as well lol
Unread 12 May 2005, 16:59   #17
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
Did he rip up his towel as well lol
He'll need that to wipe up his tears

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2005, 17:36   #18
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Mind You

It will cheer up the Everton fans.

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 12 May 2005, 17:46   #19
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I feel an article for SI Games coming on
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2005, 17:54   #20
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

Jules Spencer, chairman of the Independent Manchester United Supporters Association is ready to take radical action.

"If this is to be the end then we will go down kicking and screaming," he said.

"If Glazer does get control, then we will up sticks and form a new club which will continue the traditions and heritage and the legacy of 125 years of Manchester United.
lol
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2005, 18:02   #21
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I seriously don't get what all these united fans are so worried over. Do you honestly think malcolm glazer took over manchester united because he wanted control of the third best team in england so he could asset strip them? For Utd to be successful from a marketing point of view they're going to have to start winning trophies (this means the premiership or the champions league) again. The club is already run as a business for god's sake.
Unread 12 May 2005, 18:05   #22
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

but he'll fund the takeover by taking out loans on man utd assets and then raise ticket prices through the roof to cover the repayments...

(ha ha btw)
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2005, 18:06   #23
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I seriously don't get what all these united fans are so worried over. Do you honestly think malcolm glazer took over manchester united because he wanted control of the third best team in england so he could asset strip them? For Utd to be successful from a marketing point of view they're going to have to start winning trophies (this means the premiership or the champions league) again. The club is already run as a business for god's sake.
indeed, most of them will be Chelsea fans next season anyway.

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 12 May 2005, 18:08   #24
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
For Utd to be successful from a marketing point of view they're going to have to start winning trophies (this means the premiership or the champions league) again. The club is already run as a business for god's sake.
I think they're more worried about man utd being saddled with the debt of glazer buying utd. Hes gambling that he'll be able to make more money than united (already one of the most active marketing machines around) currently are making both in terms of championship winnings and merchandise. If the gamble starts to go wrong it'll go leeds shaped. The fans aren't worried about someone buying man utd, they're worried about the debt.
Unread 12 May 2005, 18:08   #25
JonnyBGood
Banned

He's not funding the takeover by taking out loans. He's funding his business plan for the club by taking out loans. His business plan involves making money back. It's hardly like ticket prices at manchester united have never gone up before heh. To give the man his dues he's shown his ability to increase profit margins before. It's not some random incompetent git taking charge of the club who's going to go and put it on a roulette wheel in las vegas and see what happens.
Unread 12 May 2005, 18:12   #26
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
No you dont understand he only wants to make money he didnt grow up in manchester ok
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2005, 18:16   #27
Nusselt
share the <3

Quote:
He's not funding the takeover by taking out loans. He's funding his business plan for the club by taking out loans. His business plan involves making money back. It's hardly like ticket prices at manchester united have never gone up before heh. To give the man his dues he's shown his ability to increase profit margins before. It's not some random incompetent git taking charge of the club who's going to go and put it on a roulette wheel in las vegas and see what happens.

Hes basically taken out a mortgage on man utd with some of his own money and his business plan. Alot of people are skeptical that his business plan is so enlightened that he'll be able to see something that other multimillion pound clubs can't. He has to make enough money to pay off the loan, still invest in the club and make a profit for himself. The whole fans 'omgshocked' thing is funny though, they'll pay to see man utd regardless of the ticket price like the lemmings they are. But like the ad says, your club may be at risk if you cannot keep up with repayments.
Unread 12 May 2005, 18:24   #28
JonnyBGood
Banned

I'll get my financial advice from someone other than the Independent Manchester United Supporter's Association. I severely doubt a single one of them has any clue of what his business plan involves beyond SELL MANCHESTER UNITED I KELL YOOOOU! Personally I'm not all that skeptical that a highly successful business man will be able to make a greater profit with the club. Sure they were already overtaken by real madrid this year in overall marketing. I'm not sure what you mean by my club, I'm not a united fan (unless it's just the line from the ad you mentioned!)
Unread 12 May 2005, 18:55   #29
Marilyn Manson
Gone

He's an American businessman and therefore he obviously intends to ride around Manchester on his horse eating babies, raping the womenfolk, plundering churches, and terrifying chickens.
Unread 12 May 2005, 19:16   #30
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Why do Man Utd fans never get to watch MOTD?

Because they are travelling back to London on the train.

Last edited by pig; 12 May 2005 at 19:27.
pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2005, 19:23   #31
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

How about we all stop being a bunch of melodramatic faggots and see what happens?
Unread 12 May 2005, 19:37   #32
Nusselt
share the <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids
How about we all stop being a bunch of melodramatic faggots and see what happens?
Weeell. Okay. I wasn't ever 'against' the deal or someone buying a public company for profit. My views are somewhere between the two camps, i think the supporters are going abit OTT at the same time im a but 'hmmmm' about the whole deal.
Unread 12 May 2005, 21:35   #33
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids
Spoken like a man without a ****ing clue what goes on north of the watford gap.
Unread 12 May 2005, 22:00   #34
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

I think that the Glazer deal will improve British Football 200%

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 12 May 2005, 22:13   #35
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaio
I think that the Glazer deal will improve the debt levels within British Football 200%

~Vaio~
Fixed!
Unread 13 May 2005, 00:48   #36
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

i'd love to see manu go bankrupt tbh.

just to see fergie cry.
Unread 13 May 2005, 08:08   #37
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

I think it's strange to see people (particularly those who support the lower premiership teams) laughing at this. If Man Utd pull out of the collective TV-rights dealings, do you really think Arsenal and Chelsea (and Newcastle/Liverpool/Everton maybe) won't do likewise? Leaving those lower clubs with absolutely no bargaining power?
Unread 13 May 2005, 08:45   #38
Minty
Who?

Minty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Where do you expect them to disappear to?

I very much doubt he is going to buy the club and then watch them waste away into nothingness along with his money.
Did you not hear what he did to the Buccaneers?
That is his every intention to sell the good players, merchandise and then fk off with the money

<Bobzy> Minty, you have a line for everything
<Queen> MINTY ROCKS
<Ice-Lady> minty is a odd boy
<Game> Minty rocks
<Queen> no minty..cos u rock
<HobbieRogue4> Minty, you stone!
Minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 May 2005, 08:46   #39
Minty
Who?

Minty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSBOT3
i'd love to see manu go bankrupt tbh.

just to see fergie cry.
Ferguson would leave much before it even got to that state

<Bobzy> Minty, you have a line for everything
<Queen> MINTY ROCKS
<Ice-Lady> minty is a odd boy
<Game> Minty rocks
<Queen> no minty..cos u rock
<HobbieRogue4> Minty, you stone!
Minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 May 2005, 10:02   #40
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minty
Did you not hear what he did to the Buccaneers?
Made them win the superbowl?
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 May 2005, 13:28   #41
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

the point is (as far as i understand it) how are man u going to win trophies when they cant buy any players due to the fact that they technically have 200mil worth of debt?
Unread 13 May 2005, 13:54   #42
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
the point is (as far as i understand it) how are man u going to win trophies when they cant buy any players due to the fact that they technically have 200mil worth of debt?
It'll be secured debt you ninny. Manchester United still turned a pre-tax profit this year, even after buying Rooney, Smith and Heinze.
Unread 13 May 2005, 14:43   #43
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Wish Derby got £20mill a year to spend on new players
Unread 13 May 2005, 14:47   #44
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

it's derby.

they'd buy pies with it or something.
Unread 13 May 2005, 14:48   #45
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSBOT3
it's derby.

they'd buy pies with it or something.
That would also make me happy
Unread 13 May 2005, 15:09   #46
JC
lolly roffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
Wish Derby got £20mill a year to spend on new players
I doubt it will be enough to help Man U win the title though. They could do with buying at least a new keeper and a top quality central midfielder, as well as some better squad players. Even Wigan are talking about spending up to 20 million in the summer.

Chelsea on the other hand will no doubt go out and buy a proper goalscorer (~30 million) a new left back and a midfielder or 2 (+40 million if they want Gerrard). They'll probably keep most of their squad players too with Smertin, Parker, Huth and Forsell being possible exceptions off the top of my head.
Unread 13 May 2005, 15:22   #47
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Even Wigan are talking about spending up to 20 million in the summer.
Bad comparison. Wigan are bankrolled by a sugar daddy. I'd doubt more than Wigan, Chelsea and Man Utd will spend £20m or above over the summer.
Unread 13 May 2005, 15:31   #48
JC
lolly roffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Bad comparison. Wigan are bankrolled by a sugar daddy. I'd doubt more than Wigan, Chelsea and Man Utd will spend £20m or above over the summer.
Yes i realise that, Whelan is a Rovers fan. I brought them up just to show that a team that is aiming for mid-table at best could be willing to spend that much, so if Man U want to compete with Chelsea they are going to have to think closer to 50 million, at least for next season. If they bring in some good youths ala Arsenal they could save themselves a lot of money in the future but at the moment they dont seem to have (m)any coming through.
Unread 13 May 2005, 16:07   #49
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Yes i realise that, Whelan is a Rovers fan. I brought them up just to show that a team that is aiming for mid-table at best could be willing to spend that much, so if Man U want to compete with Chelsea they are going to have to think closer to 50 million, at least for next season. If they bring in some good youths ala Arsenal they could save themselves a lot of money in the future but at the moment they dont seem to have (m)any coming through.
I still don't think it's a valid comparison. Wigan don't have a Premiership worthy squad, nothing near. Manchester United have a squad that have underperformed massively and still come third.

I personally think Promotion -> mid table is a bigger improvement than Manchester United -> Chelsea.
Unread 13 May 2005, 17:42   #50
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Hes up to 74.81%. At 75% , he can take the club private. And his plans apparently leverage the club with a total debt of £265 Million. Now considering that Leeds went into receivership at £90M, Id say its "Game Over" for Man U fans, and they can consider the club in a new era of total uncertainty.