User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 16 Jan 2005, 00:04   #1
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Resident Evil: possibly the worst film ever made

It's airing on Channel 4 [UK] now, but it was making me laugh. As laughter is not generally considered an indication of a sucessful horror film, I came up here to stare at the intarweb instead.

:stare:
Unread 16 Jan 2005, 00:14   #2
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Resident Evil: possibly the worst film ever made

Its not technically a horror film , its just a really badly done "Dark" action flick

Like Blade but without the music.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2005, 00:15   #3
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

Yeah I agree. The beginning intro title bit promised so much - I remember when I first borrowed the DVD off a mate - I had the volume on relatively low-medium (I have top-notch speakers!) and the sub went mental - then the rest of the film sucked

The 2nd one sucked even more and the ending was utter shite.

[/end the end]
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2005, 00:42   #4
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

is this the first one? i don't think it was that bad. not especially good either, nothing you would remember in a wekk, but still, i have seen a lot of worse movies (like the 2nd part for example)
Unread 16 Jan 2005, 00:45   #5
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

And its not the worst movie ever. Have you seen "The Postman" ?
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2005, 00:48   #6
mpr0733

mpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of light

Postman was quite dissapointing after having read the book not so long before the film came out. Still, I think that Waterworld was worse.
Unread 16 Jan 2005, 00:48   #7
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
Is that that kevin costner one? oh, yes, that was pretty bad. But just go to the cinema and watch some random comedy, most of them are an embarrassment to the human race.
Unread 16 Jan 2005, 00:48   #8
Ninja_spammer
Freedom Fanatic

Ninja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud of

I see your post man and raise you a waterworld.
Unread 16 Jan 2005, 00:55   #9
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Its not technically a horror film , its just a really badly done "Dark" action flick

Like Blade but without the music.
I thought the first Blade was quite fun But then again, I'm a 'casual' movie fan (is that the equivalent of a casual gamer?).

Resident Evil was pretty dire, but I'm guessing none of you have ever seen 'The Grim'. A dumbass mate; 'OMG THIS LOOKS GREAT', 'no it doesn't, but I suppose it is your turn to pick'.

Stupid, stupid person. Except for perhaps the Grinch, it's the worst film I've even seen part of.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2005, 00:57   #10
wu_trax

blade wasn't bad either, i even BOUGHT it on DVD. However, the 2nd one really sucked. i don't even want to imagine what that 'trinity'-one is like.
Unread 16 Jan 2005, 01:00   #11
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by wu_trax
blade wasn't bad either, i even BOUGHT it on DVD. However, the 2nd one really sucked. i don't even want to imagine what that 'trinity'-one is like.
Trinity is better than the second, IMO.

Still just a popcorn muncher at best, though it made me laugh pretty hard at one point.
Unread 16 Jan 2005, 01:50   #12
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The third one's not great.
It has a 'comedy' trick, which is some cocky guy repeatedly yelling "what the ****?!" at various points, which gets a few cheap laughs.

My experience of it was also spoilt by some dumb bint in the row behind blathering on to her friend about what happened next because she'd seen it in a review (and also repeating what the actors had just said for no good reason), until one of my mates finally got fed up and asked her to shut the hell up.
Unread 16 Jan 2005, 01:57   #13
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I like Resident Evil
Unread 16 Jan 2005, 02:12   #14
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Crybaby is the worst film ever.
Unread 16 Jan 2005, 03:22   #15
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

What Women Want

say no more
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2005, 10:46   #16
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by meglamaniac
The third one's not great.
It has a 'comedy' trick, which is some cocky guy repeatedly yelling "what the ****?!" at various points, which gets a few cheap laughs.

My experience of it was also spoilt by some dumb bint in the row behind blathering on to her friend about what happened next because she'd seen it in a review (and also repeating what the actors had just said for no good reason), until one of my mates finally got fed up and asked her to shut the hell up.
I thought that guy was absolutely hilarious.

and the 'you cock juggling thunder ****' line gos down in my book as the best line in any film ever.
Unread 16 Jan 2005, 12:21   #17
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

WTF was wrong with waterworld? I liked waterworld! It's like mad max... post apocalyptic movie about a bad guy who wants to dominate the world/desert and then some freaky good guy coming along and kicking his arse.
So... what was wrong with waterworld?
Unread 16 Jan 2005, 13:03   #18
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Waterworld was pretty ok in my book, it's just one of those big budget movies people like to rage against the machine over. The Postman, that was horrible.
Unread 16 Jan 2005, 13:37   #19
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I loved Waterworld also, never really understood the bad wrap it recieved from critics.
Unread 16 Jan 2005, 13:49   #20
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids

and the 'you cock juggling thunder ****' line gos down in my book as the best line in any film ever.
beat me to it.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2005, 14:18   #21
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I didn't hate Waterworld either, although I didn't love it either. It wasn't worse (or better) than many other big budget films out there.

I think the critics just had their knives out for Costner at the time. He seemed a little too up his own arse and people were wanting him to fall.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2005, 14:33   #22
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I liked Waterworld - I love post-apocalyptic books/movies.
I also liked Resident Evil. If you just take it as a bit of a silly, fun film, then it's ok. Yeah I know, there are some bits that try to be scary - but as a mindless horror movie it is fun. I prefer the second one, actually.
Unread 16 Jan 2005, 16:07   #23
Gate
;D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids

It was the 'new secret recipe' bit that made me laugh

As for Waterworld/resident evil, I found them both watchable. But whereas I'm quite elitist as a gamer, I don't really have very high standards with films. I can watch almost anything
Unread 16 Jan 2005, 16:51   #24
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I sat in my kitchen last night watching Resident Evil with my flatmates. None of them had seen it before, and all of them (despite cringing at some of the gory bits) thought that it was a good film. It'll never win any oscars, but it's a movie you can put your feet up to and switch off your brain.
Unread 16 Jan 2005, 23:00   #25
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

RE1 is dire.

RE2 is at least closer to the game's story than RE1. Makes it slightly better in my opinion.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2005, 23:38   #26
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

I think Pokemon movie = shittest one
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2005, 08:47   #27
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

RE1 has the hallmark of a bad horror film.

Oh my, this would be a bad time to be attacked by zombies, they say, immediately before being attacked by zombies.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2005, 11:17   #28
slick
Last Of The Soul Reaver

slick is on a distinguished road

1) Resident Evil ROCKED
2) Heard 2nd 1 is pretty good, haven't seen it yet
3)waterworld is a 10 beer film
4) worst film ever is PLATOON (unless u like hanging yourself....)

You're just jealous coz the voices are talking to me!

Rimmer: Step Up To Red Alet!
Kryten: Are You Sure Sir, It Does Mean Changing The Bulb!

Death to the deamoness Allegra Gellar!
slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2005, 11:24   #29
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

People saying Platoon and Deerhunter being bad movies

I can imagine it's just not your cup of tea, in both occasions but how the hell can you call 'm 'worst' while there is so much real trash out there.
Unread 17 Jan 2005, 11:33   #30
slick
Last Of The Soul Reaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
People saying Platoon and Deerhunter being bad movies

I can imagine it's just not your cup of tea, in both occasions but how the hell can you call 'm 'worst' while there is so much real trash out there.

Easy...... PLATOON IS THE WORST FILM EVER CREATED AND I THINK IT SUCKED MORE THAN A HOOKER ON SPEED

Unread 17 Jan 2005, 11:35   #31
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick
Easy...... PLATOON IS THE WORST FILM EVER CREATED AND I THINK IT SUCKED MORE THAN A HOOKER ON SPEED

Rage on teenager, rage on!
Unread 17 Jan 2005, 11:41   #32
slick
Last Of The Soul Reaver

well, as i didn't explain why before, i will now.

platoon sucks because of three things that a film requires to keep veiwers happy.

1) decent cast (ok i'll admit, charie sheen, but hes a comedy actor, duh)
2) decent plot no need to explain, its right there
3) decent ability to stop people killing themselves, although if that was the idea, Rock On!

Unread 17 Jan 2005, 12:10   #33
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonentity
I like Resident Evil
Unread 17 Jan 2005, 12:18   #34
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
RE1 has the hallmark of a bad horror film.

Oh my, this would be a bad time to be attacked by zombies, they say, immediately before being attacked by zombies.

Yeah, it's a terrible horror film (if you view it alongside other horror films). If you just watch it as a film to turn off from, not pay much attention to plotholes, and just enjoy the action, then it's pretty good.

I don't think any of them actually say "This would be a bad time to be attacked by zombies" though...
Unread 17 Jan 2005, 12:28   #35
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

saying "This would be a bad time to be attacked by zombies." In the middle of a zombie infested city would most likely be the stupidest thing you can possibly say (along with "I don't want to die!")

I mean, come on, as soon as someone says that, you can be sure that you're about to get overrun by a rampant horde of zombies.

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2005, 14:35   #36
[Graham]

[Graham] is an unknown quantity at this point

looking for bad films heres a few

A.I - what a pile or rubbish. boring no REAL story nothing you dont get by watching the more entertaining (and animated) pinnochio
Bridget jones - i saw the first five mins and then left everybody else to watch one word 'tripe' (i did not get the choice of film to rent )
and lastly space oddesy 2001 i actually fell asleep in the cinema it was that crap. again forced to go along with friends to see this 'classic'.

yes and i agree totally resident evil blew the best bit was people getting diced by lasers

i have not even bothered with the second one.
[Graham] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2005, 14:48   #37
[Graham]

havent seen that yet but the trailer looked good, but dont they always

so you wouldn't recommend it as a lazy sunday film?
Unread 17 Jan 2005, 18:56   #38
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
1) decent cast (ok i'll admit, charie sheen, but hes a comedy actor, duh)
You made frogface cry.

Quote:
2) decent plot no need to explain, its right there
Wait, hold on, was this things it does do or doesn't do? It's fairly clear what's going in Platoon, at least if you have any idea about Vietnam. But then that's like approaching a WW2 film asking the background to those organised chaps with the funny cross.

Quote:
3) decent ability to stop people killing themselves, although if that was the idea, Rock On!
Given that the incidental music is largely (entirely?) Barber's Adagio for Strings, I don't think it was meant to be a happy uplifting romp through Indochina.

[edit]

Given that you say that RE 'rocked', I think your opinion can safely be stricken from the record.

[/edit]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
I don't think any of them actually say "This would be a bad time to be attacked by zombies" though...
No, but they frequently utter words to that effect.
Unread 17 Jan 2005, 19:16   #39
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Graham]
looking for bad films heres a few

A.I - what a pile or rubbish. boring no REAL story nothing you dont get by watching the more entertaining (and animated) pinnochio
AI is a fantastic beautiful film. But then, you're watching it on the same level you'd watch a Disney film.

Quote:
Bridget jones - i saw the first five mins and then left everybody else to watch one word 'tripe' (i did not get the choice of film to rent )
I take it you aren't very much in touch with your feminity. Are you English? I know too many people who would disagree with you here.

Quote:
and lastly space oddesy 2001 i actually fell asleep in the cinema it was that crap. again forced to go along with friends to see this 'classic'.
I.... god.... damn... you. Watch things on a level deeper than "ooh big guns boom people up!" with a plot. I don't like criticising people's tastes, but yours are horrific

Quote:
yes and i agree totally resident evil blew the best bit was people getting diced by lasers
Unread 17 Jan 2005, 19:18   #40
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
AI is a fantastic beautiful film. But then, you're watching it on the same level you'd watch a Disney film.
To be fair, once the Kubrick parts run out, AI turns to tripe.

Quote:
I.... god.... damn... you. Watch things on a level deeper than "ooh big guns boom people up!" with a plot. I don't like criticising people's tastes, but yours are horrific
2001 is fairly crappy in places. It's the kind of thing that is fine if and only if you knew what was going on before you started watching. There's no way you're getting any kind of meaning out the film itself.
Unread 18 Jan 2005, 00:33   #41
[Graham]

Quote:
no i was comparing it to the disney film due to its 'im a real boy' plot , nothing more. your saying my taste is bad? if you actually were able to sit through this 'film' then your an odd guy indeed

Quote:
I take it you aren't very much in touch with your feminity. Are you English? I know too many people who would disagree with you here.
NO i am not english in the slightest! would those people who disagree be women? as ive yet to meet a male who actually liked that film.
Unread 18 Jan 2005, 00:57   #42
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
You made frogface cry.

Wait, hold on, was this things it does do or doesn't do? It's fairly clear what's going in Platoon, at least if you have any idea about Vietnam. But then that's like approaching a WW2 film asking the background to those organised chaps with the funny cross.

Given that the incidental music is largely (entirely?) Barber's Adagio for Strings, I don't think it was meant to be a happy uplifting romp through Indochina.

[edit]

Given that you say that RE 'rocked', I think your opinion can safely be stricken from the record.

[/edit]
i am in complete agreement with MrL here. Platoon is a fantastic film with a great score (musical score that is). Anyone who says Platoon is a bad film can **** off and get bum-loved by MM
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2005, 01:02   #43
Tomkat

Quote:
no i was comparing it to the disney film due to its 'im a real boy' plot , nothing more. your saying my taste is bad? if you actually were able to sit through this 'film' then your an odd guy indeed
I got A.I on DVD for christmas. I love it

Quote:
NO i am not english in the slightest! would those people who disagree be women? as ive yet to meet a male who actually liked that film.
It uses a lot of English humour - such as our mannerisms etc. So maybe that's one of the reasons you don't like it.

Incidentally, I'm male, and I like it
Unread 18 Jan 2005, 01:04   #44
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I got A.I on DVD for christmas. I love it

It uses a lot of English humour - such as our mannerisms etc. So maybe that's one of the reasons you don't like it.

Incidentally, I'm male, and I like it
AI. a whole film with only one attractive concept. then teddy died.
Yahwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2005, 01:04   #45
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Sorry Tomkat, I fell asleep in the cinema when Bridget Jones was on.
However, I was in the room when it was on over Christmas and I did find myself watching and chuckling.
But it has to be up there with Pretty Woman in the chick flick stakes.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2005, 08:33   #46
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
AI. a whole film with only one attractive concept. then teddy died.
He doesn't die actually
Unread 18 Jan 2005, 10:41   #47
slick
Last Of The Soul Reaver

Trust Me, Platoon Sucks.

It was a film created mearly to show to madmen in mental institutuions to make them want to kill themselves, however it managed to leak into mainstream under the titile "Fluffy Kittens"

Bridget jones didn't suck, it just didn't rock.
A.I...... I was gonna watch that film, but i got drunk instead.

Unread 19 Jan 2005, 22:52   #48
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Bridget Jones. Possibly the most overrated film I've ever seen in my life imho.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2005, 23:37   #49
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Trust Me, Platoon Sucks.

It was a film created mearly to show to madmen in mental institutuions to make them want to kill themselves, however it managed to leak into mainstream under the titile "Fluffy Kittens"
If it's called Fluffy Kittens, then why is it called Platoon?

I'm confused.
Unread 20 Jan 2005, 02:36   #50
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future

I thought Resident Evil and the Chronicles of Riddick were ok, which shows you just how bad Blade Trinity must really be for me to hate it.
Nondescript Human is offline   Reply With Quote