User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 19 Jul 2005, 21:09   #1
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Worst flight of my life

So as you may or may not know I spent the last 3 weeks travelling round Spain with my kind-of ex girlfriend (although now we're dropping the ex bit ) it was all fun, and nothing went wrong, explored loads of cities, survived driving on the wrong side of the road (it may be the right side but it's still wrong) survived shitty spanish drivers and survived a mosquito attack as well.

Anyway, it was all fine until the flight home from Madrid to Manchester. We turned up at the airport over an hour before the flight left, it would have been longer but we were,err, busy... we were flying home with Monarch who we hadn't heard of before so we weren't sure what to expect. Cheap flights to and from Spain though. Long walk to the terminal, then another long walk to the gate.
The flight started boarding a little late but we got on the plane (an airbus something) and there were free newspapers and radio and TV which we thought were nice and the plane seemed comfortable, the flight was quite empty and the air hostesses were attractive although they were all scousers...

10 minutes into the flight, the pilot says "cabin crew, code bravo" over the tannoy and we all looked at each other confused. Then one of the worst things you can hear on a plane "I am sorry to announce that one of the engines has failed" SHIT SHIT SHIT we are all thinking,
"However it is perfectly fine to fly this plane with one engine so we will be landing back at Madrid.
Plane lands, spanish passengers all clap (apparently they do this all the time, strange) we all get off and get back into the departure lounge. 2 hours pass, no announcement is given to us. It's 9.30pm at this point and I go to find out what's happening. the girl at the desk is quietly telling people that there is a plane from Alicante coming at 10 that we can catch or we can get a free night in a hotel and get the same flight home the next day. We just wanted to get home so we waited for the flight to arrive.
At 10:30 they finally announced the flight would leave at 11 and boarding would start shortly. It was then they realised that there wasn't enough room on the flight for everyone.
11 came and went.
at quarter past they read out 5 spanish names and asked them to come to the desk. They were to be left in the hotel in Madrid.
We all breathed a sigh of relief and prepared to board leaving the five girls to argue with the people on the desk. as we got to the plane we realised why there wasn't room. They'd redirected a flight from Alicante that was going straight to Manchester to Madrid instead and the poor bastards on the plane had been sitting waiting for us for over an hour.
Then as we all found random seats the crew realised they'd miscounted. There were two extra people on the plane. This was then followed by a massive argument with the two that were to be removed who refused to move. After another half hour the captain pleaded with them over the tannoy to get off the plane so we could all get home and they finally got off.
The plane headed for the runway.
What next we asked ourselves?
Well, the smell hit us first. An old woman had shit herself.
She was carried to the toilet sobbing and the plane had to sit there waiting for her to sort herself out. Finally, at 00:30, 5 and a half hours after we were initially meant to leave, the plane took off. Stinking of shit.
What was our compensation for this wait? A small can of fosters and a small glass of wine.
Bah.

Anyone got any idea what I can claim back from the airline?
Any other flying experiences to share?

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2005, 22:01   #2
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
Re: Worst flight of my life

good story
Unread 19 Jul 2005, 22:16   #3
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Just be glad you didnt spend 10 hours on a plane with food poisoning needing to shit diahrrea every 2minutes and having stomach cramps so that the only position thats comfortable (vaguely) is standing up.

on top of that make it a night flight where you have to sleep and make sure that the pretty cabin crew people know that your condition is somewhat bad.

The cause of this :
a Burger from the restaurant of a supposedly 5* hotel.

however i doubt you could sue the airline. send a letter complaining. you might get some kind of 'token' way of saying sorry.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2005, 22:23   #4
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I've had an engine fail on me before when I was about 6. It scares teh living shit out of you when you see fire engines screaming down the runway as you're landing. The difference with mine is that we flew out of Malta, and this happened over Rome. The bastard airline refused to land in Rome and we had to limp back to Malta and sit there for 6 hours while the plane got fixed. This was also at the time when the air terminal there was a festering hole unlike the relatively pleasant one that stands there now.
Unread 19 Jul 2005, 22:50   #5
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

That was no fun.

I have never had an experience even close.

I do have an uncle who was flying out of Seattle. He was looking out the window when an entire engine let loose and fell away from the plane. There were several pairs of stinky underwear on that flight but they made it back to Seattle without injury to anyone.
Unread 19 Jul 2005, 22:50   #6
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I was on a flight that lost an engine half way over the atlantic once.
And on another flight where the captain informed us we would be heading to iceland for 2 hours whilst the fixed the navigation computer which had decided to just shutdown. They were flying the thing manually like in the 'good old days'.

the look of panic on everones face was priceless
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2005, 22:58   #7
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

I like flying. Nothing has ever gone wrong. But I'm flying in a couple of weeks so it might be my lucky flight!
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2005, 23:10   #8
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

I like 4 engine aircraft, I severely dislike 2 engine aircraft. I've never had an engine go out on me, but I follow the Jack Ryan principle, 3 is better than 1.
Unread 20 Jul 2005, 00:54   #9
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If you thought your flight was bad consider yourself lucky that you're not this guy!*

*i mean he had to time travel just to see his family and friends again
Unread 20 Jul 2005, 01:03   #10
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
If you thought your flight was bad consider yourself lucky that you're not this guy!*

*i mean he had to time travel just to see his family and friends again
ACTUALLY
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jul 2005, 01:08   #11
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

BEHIND YOU TOO STEVE!
Unread 20 Jul 2005, 01:10   #12
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
what
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jul 2005, 01:17   #13
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
what

It's a "joke" that came out around the time of 9/11.

The setting is a board room with a jumbo jet coming towards the window.

One man turns to the other and says "Ey John, there's a plane behind you!"

Cocking his finger at Steve John carries on with what he percieves to be the joke and says:

"Behind you too Steve!"
Unread 20 Jul 2005, 01:50   #14
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Clearly flying in Europe is safe. Go Airbus!
Unread 20 Jul 2005, 09:56   #15
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i think i'm a mean bastard as the old woman shitting her self just made me laugh
Unread 20 Jul 2005, 10:46   #16
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

yeh us too, in fact we spent most of the flight giggling as we found the childrens radio channel and one of the stories was about a dwarf playing with his balls and the rest were muppet show songs which are always funny.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jul 2005, 13:13   #17
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of

A few years ago my father had similar long wait at Sydney Airport filled with incompetence.

After much complaining he got 2 free tickets to anywhere in the world.

Although he is a frequent flyer and this was BA.
MrPeach is offline   Reply With Quote