User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 19 Jul 2005, 23:05   #101
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: World of Warcraft

One on one with a druid, a rogue will lose, they may not (any?) dps, but they have the staying power, and to be fair, some of our epicced up druids can be a pain in the ****ing ass with moonfire/root spam. Combine this with the fact that druid shit seems to drop every other ****ing mob in high end content, and you'll find they can drop us quicker than any pally. (Just to give you an idea of how bad druid shit is, I have a full set of Wildheart apart from the belt, also, if Cenarion wasnt druid only, I could probably have 4 or 5 pieces of that, I want to be a tree damnit )

If they get the dps boost in cat form that they're all bitching about, we could have a new class to rival shamens in the faggotry stakes.
Unread 19 Jul 2005, 23:41   #102
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

In our raids on MC, we've seen hunter loot, hunter loot, hunter loot. We operate a zero-sum DKP system, and the only person as low as the three hunters is Mr Shards, who is the person the negative points go to when we dis something - which has been almost exclusively hunter loot as well.

The best way to beat a druid is to run away - same as with palas.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jul 2005, 00:17   #103
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
The best way to beat a druid is to run away - same as with palas.
Entangling Roots. Travel Form.
Unread 20 Jul 2005, 04:31   #104
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I think druids will be getting their DPS boost in the next patch, Blizzard have said they're looking at the Druid feral tree in particular along with all the Hunter trees. While I agree with Rids that if they do buff Druid DPS they risk creating another monster class like Shaman (Overpowered LOL) there does need to be a trade off imposed through a rework of the Feral tree. Druids who spec feral should be able to do good DPS and have skills almost on par with a rouge but at a cost of their healing being very limited, at the moment the trade off is simply spec restoration or be laughed at.

Druid I don’t think will be a tough job for Blizzard to “fix” without ruining game balance the hard task is going to be making Paladins a viable/fun class without over powering them or just deleting them from the game.

Also surely running from Druids is a bad move, Paladins I can see running away from since they have zero catch ability but Druids are fairly good at stopping classes escaping, as Leshy said root > travel form > moonfire > root > bear form melee.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jul 2005, 08:51   #105
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
Entangling Roots. Travel Form.
Shows that I haven't been fighting many druids lately - or at least not "high" level ones.
Unread 20 Jul 2005, 12:22   #106
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I was fighting one for about two hours last night.

He was four levels below me (33 vs 37) and kept attacking me at the troll ruins just north of Grom'Gol. Every time I'd be stabbing away at a troll, I'd get a cat destealthing behind me, and him attacking me. I seriously blew about 20 Flash Powder on Vanishes to get away, break Entangling Roots, or be able to Ambush him. I've never been so happy to have Preparation as last night. In the end, I ended up killing him a grand total of seven times, including:
  • Two one-shot Ambushes upon his resurrection
  • Two cases of him aggro'ing a high level mob while chasing me, and then being finished off by both of us
  • One attempt by him to just circle me in catform and going pure melee
One time he also got the help from a level 37 Human Rogue, as I had just finished killing a Troll. I Vanished, sapped the Rogue and /hugged him. He then sodded off.

After about two hours of this, the Druid managed to get me once. I had a pretty bad pull of two Trolls at once, and just as I was about to finish off the second, when I got Faerie Fired and Rooted, so I Vanished to break it and hit Sprint to get away. I was halfway to Grom'Gol when I noticed two things: I was at pretty low health, and I was out of healing pots. Uh-oh. *BAM* Moonfire. Then he went away as I didn't see him again
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 10:24   #107
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
I'm either Nyxlath or Nyxene, MrL will be some variation of *oodleduck
I've tried looking for both names and many variations of *oodleduck. Just keeps telling me no such character exists :/

I did manage to find Hicks though \o/
djbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 10:27   #108
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I've started playing the other day. I'm "Dariann" (Darian was taken ) on Shadow Moon. Night Elf.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 10:28   #109
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Which class?
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 10:35   #110
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Warrior, I generally start games as a warrior as it's often the dullest class and that means there's more excitement yet to come.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 10:50   #111
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Actually tanks (and healers) are pretty important teamwise. Solo'ing can be pretty boring indeed though.
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 10:50   #112
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbass
I've tried looking for both names and many variations of *oodleduck. Just keeps telling me no such character exists :/
We're both horde, so if you're on the alliance side then you won't be able to find or communicate with us.
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 10:53   #113
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Warrior, I generally start games as a warrior as it's often the dullest class and that means there's more excitement yet to come.
The dullest class is probably one of (Warrior, Priest, Warlock, Druid). Priests and warriors because if you don't like the roll they play in the game, you won't enjoy them, or at least you'll annoy people trying to group with you, druid because they're so sloooooow to level and warlock because of shard farming.
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 10:55   #114
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
We're both horde, so if you're on the alliance side then you won't be able to find or communicate with us.
So am I though, playing as a Troll Mage under the name 'djbass'. Since the chance of finding you both online is something of a random probability I've tried to send mail as a test, each name including dante's have come back as player not found.
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 10:57   #115
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbass
So am I though, playing as a Troll Mage under the name 'djbass'. Since the chance of finding you both online is something of a random probability I've tried to send mail as a test, each name including dante's have come back as player not found.
Ah, thought - are you using the european servers?
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 11:13   #116
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

you need to be on the same server to mail though ?
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 11:19   #117
djbass
mmm.. pills

Ah.. fair point, and yes you would need to as there are seperate databases for us & european realms.

Bugger, since I've already activated by key on the us realms I can't transfer it. I didn't choose them by choice, it was the only option presented to me at time of installation.
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 11:21   #118
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

transferring us->eu is 'a bastard' from what i hear, and t akes a few weeks at best.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia