User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 15 Jan 2005, 23:00   #1
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve
Fast Food

Ok ok, I know, I've been really into health recently but I trust some people here more than the various sites that most of the time, have half saying one thing, another saying something else.

So those health-conscious knowing people like Zar, djbass, apply

Is fast food acceptable as part of a diet? Obviously I'm keeping healthy otherwise but is it ok to have it once a week? Obviously I'm going to hear not at all but I couldn't live with not at all.

Same goes for restaurants - ie: Indian, Chinese etc. ?
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2005, 23:13   #2
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Fast Food

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androme2
Ok ok, I know, I've been really into health recently but I trust some people here more than the various sites that most of the time, have half saying one thing, another saying something else.

So those health-conscious knowing people like Zar, djbass, apply

Is fast food acceptable as part of a diet? Obviously I'm keeping healthy otherwise but is it ok to have it once a week? Obviously I'm going to hear not at all but I couldn't live with not at all.

Same goes for restaurants - ie: Indian, Chinese etc. ?
my interpretation had always been that most fast food (certainly burgers and pizza) were reasonably healthy, just very high in salt. Confrim/deny someone?
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2005, 23:17   #3
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Yes it is safe.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2005, 00:06   #4
Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed is infamous around these partsMr. Ed is infamous around these parts

Well if you're on a diet, id say that once a week is probably a little too often.
Mr. Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2005, 01:58   #5
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Fast food tastes like shit. Why would you eat it?
Unread 16 Jan 2005, 02:08   #6
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend

Fast food is over priced and doesnt fill you (well me) up. Go buy a sandwich instead
Unread 16 Jan 2005, 08:53   #7
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

eat, drink and be merry for sex, drugs and rock and roll.. you only live once so live it up! if you die of a heart attack, at least you lived your life eating what you wanted to eat.. fast food is safe to eat as long as you smoke 2 cigarettes right after you eat.. also chinese food is good specially in those chinese buffets where you can eat as much pork fried rice as you want, then smoke 2 cigarettes right away then go straight to sleep with a stuffed belly.. when you wake up in the morning, eat 7 strips of bacon, 4 fried eggs, 3 buttered toasts, 4 cups of coffee and 3 shots of tequila to start your day.. smoke 3 cigarettes driving to work then sit in a cubicle for 8 hours -

honestly though.. no bullshit.. you can eat whatever you want as long as you exercise

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2005, 10:44   #8
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

Back when I was dieting I lost 4 stone by dieting six days a week and treating myself to fast food every friday.

Its ok in moderation of course.
Unread 16 Jan 2005, 18:02   #9
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It depends what you mean by 'trying to be healthy'. If you're trying to lose weight then no, but if you're just trying to eat in a semi-healthy manner then going for a Mcdonalds once a week isnt going to have any real effect (although having said that, the Jews running the company probably inject some form of morphine into the big macs to keep you coming back etc etc)

Last edited by Nodrog; 16 Jan 2005 at 18:07.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2005, 18:08   #10
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
my interpretation had always been that most fast food (certainly burgers and pizza) were reasonably healthy, just very high in salt. Confrim/deny someone?
denied. Pizza is a lot healthier than burgers, but most stuff from mcdonalds etc is almost entirely saturated fat.
Unread 16 Jan 2005, 21:11   #11
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Hay nod a while ago you said that taking your vitamins in tablet form is no different to taking them through food. It isn't.
Unread 16 Jan 2005, 23:08   #12
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Nothing wrong with fast food once every fortnight if you want to remain healthy.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2005, 23:38   #13
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids
Back when I was dieting I lost 4 stone by dieting six days a week and treating myself to fast food every friday.

Its ok in moderation of course.
Yeah this is what I hope to achieve - I still eat a few bits of crap each day but it's not so bad ;D

I don't mean a proper diet - I'm still taking high carb intake because carbohydrates feed the brain and muscles - rather than having 3 large meals, I'm taking several smaller meals (like diabetics do) which gives me a constant supply of energy all day and a more efficient absorption - read this in a guide.

I will be excercising though :-)
----------retired-------
Unread 16 Jan 2005, 23:39   #14
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I don't mean a proper diet - I'm still taking high carb intake because carbohydrates feed the brain and muscles - rather than having 3 large meals, I'm taking several smaller meals (like diabetics do)
this is also how you become one.
Yahwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2005, 23:40   #15
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Get to the gym and do chest and arms.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2005, 23:40   #16
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
this is also how you become one.
Why is that?
----------retired-------
Unread 17 Jan 2005, 15:09   #17
Nodrog

Quote:
I don't mean a proper diet - I'm still taking high carb intake because carbohydrates feed the brain and muscles - rather than having 3 large meals, I'm taking several smaller meals (like diabetics do) which gives me a constant supply of energy all day and a more efficient absorption - read this in a guide.
)
There's nothing wrong with a high carb intake (even on a 'proper diet', whatever you mean by that) - its normally best to ignore whatever crap the media is reporting about current health fads. And yeah, splitting your meals up is generally considered a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Hay nod a while ago you said that taking your vitamins in tablet form is no different to taking them through food. It isn't.
Do you have some kind of source that settles this definitively? I've been unable to find one - I was relying mainly on common sense, and the fact I've made that claim numerous times and noone has ever managed to show me convincing evidence that it is incorrect.
Unread 17 Jan 2005, 15:37   #18
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
Do you have some kind of source that settles this definitively? I've been unable to find one - I was relying mainly on common sense, and the fact I've made that claim numerous times and noone has ever managed to show me convincing evidence that it is incorrect.
I asked my mother who's an expert in the field.

Seriously she's a nurse and one of her main areas of expertise is diet. Apparently there's problems with absorption (except in the case of vitamin C tablets) and a lack of certain minerals which are prohibitively expensive to manufacture. I imagine if you read some medical journals you'd find detailed information there but frankly I'd rather kill myself than read those appalling tomes (hay I used tome in a sentence )
Unread 17 Jan 2005, 16:20   #19
Nodrog

Quote:
Learn basic grammar and fix your double negative plz, are you agreeing with me or not?

On a sidenote, I never claimed that multivitamins were a replacement for vegetables in the sense that they both contained the same things, simply that taking mineral X in a pill was no different from taking it in a lump of brocolli. As far as I know, the absorption thing only relates to iron.
Unread 17 Jan 2005, 16:20   #20
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future

Can you ask your mum if it is bad for gays to take all that protein straight in the ass? Or should that be ingested orally with water or something?
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote