User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

View Poll Results: Which name do you want to see as the official Round 22 Name?
A Pledge for Dominion 12 9.60%
A Shift of Power 18 14.40%
Cosmic Storm 17 13.60%
Dawn of Eternity 2 1.60%
Empires on the Brink 3 2.40%
Endless Endeavour 8 6.40%
No retreat, No surrender 16 12.80%
Shards of Infinity 23 18.40%
The Maelstrom 9 7.20%
The Unseen Enemy 17 13.60%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 11 Jun 2007, 15:26   #1
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Round 22 Name

It's time to choose the Round 22 Name again!
Signups for Round 22 open on the 15th, so please cast your vote before then!

To remind you, the previous round names are:
Round 21 - The Price of Victory
Round 20 - Orbital Shift
Round 19 - Endless Nights
Round 18 - The Endless Fight
Round 17 - The Shadows of Time
Round 16 - The End Of An Era
Round 15 - Struggle for Supremacy
Round 14 - An Empty Throne
Round 13 - The Illusion Of Truth
Round 12 - The Edge of Darkness
Round 11 - A Legend Reborn
Round 10.5 - The Awakening
Round 10 - Genesis
Round 9.5 - Resurrection
Round 9 - Redemption
Round 8 - The Final Legacy
Round 7 - Critical Diplomacy
Round 6 - First Encounters
Round 5 - The Price of Freedom
Round 4 - The Tides of War
Round 3 - The New Dawn
Round 2 - The Struggle For Power
Round 1 - The Beginning

Thanks for voting and good luck to all those who's names are in the shortlist!
Unread 11 Jun 2007, 15:47   #2
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Round 22 Name

Can't we just call it....... round 22? :/
Unread 11 Jun 2007, 17:22   #3
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

I voted for "The Unseen Enemy" seems like it follows on nicely from last rounds name. Given that I didn't play last round I don't quite know if it actually fits with the current climate, it just sounded good

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2007, 19:25   #4
AV.
Number 34

AV. is on a distinguished road

Ahh, The New Dawn, now that was a special time to be alive. The rest of these names don't seem all that inspiring, though I'm voting Shards of Infinity because it seems the most ridiculous. What is a shard of infinity?

I can't wait to find out.
AV. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2007, 20:10   #5
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV.
Ahh, The New Dawn, now that was a special time to be alive. The rest of these names don't seem all that inspiring, though I'm voting Shards of Infinity because it seems the most ridiculous. What is a shard of infinity?

I can't wait to find out.
Posting and voting in complete agreeance.
Unread 11 Jun 2007, 19:36   #6
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

I found endless endeavour to be least shit.

I really think we should just start calling them r22\r23 etc. though
Unread 14 Jun 2007, 12:56   #7
LocknLoad
Sh33p h3rd3r

LocknLoad will become famous soon enoughLocknLoad will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx
I found endless endeavour to be least shit.

I really think we should just start calling them r22\r23 etc. though

I can't agree more on both counts
Do not make me get out the paddle!!! "
LocknLoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2007, 15:55   #8
Kael
The Evil Hamster

Kael will become famous soon enoughKael will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocknLoad
I can't agree more on both counts
Same here

"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain" - It's time to toss the dice.

#Spacehamsters
Kael is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2007, 15:59   #9
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kael
Same here
Unread 11 Jun 2007, 19:40   #10
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You should make it a multiple choice poll appoco so people aren't just limited to one choice!

PS The AV account is now actually dead, I think you can re-reg it.
Unread 11 Jun 2007, 19:52   #11
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

seriously there isnt one i like:\
Unread 11 Jun 2007, 20:15   #12
Bruxius

agreed, wasn't that many exciting ones this round, but i guess you gotta vote for something..

Put in my own suggestions, but they weren't shortlisted..

What'd you guys think?

1. Battlestations!
2. Strategic Conquest
3. Brace for Impact!
4. Full Speed Ahead

oh, almost forgot, voted for shift of power... the best sounding name on that list imho
Unread 11 Jun 2007, 20:54   #13
Terminatrix

Terminatrix is an unknown quantity at this point

The name I submitted sadly wasn't posted so I'm not gonna vote
Terminatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2007, 22:45   #14
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Shards of Infinity as well. It kind of sparks my imagination, I don't know.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2007, 22:55   #15
arc

arc is an unknown quantity at this point

omg, where is my suggestion !?
R17 #15 1:2:12 Howling Rain Zik
R20 #10 15:6:8 Destiny Zik
R21 #32 18:5:2 Conspiracy Zik
R22 #13 10:5:8 Jenova Zik
R23 #32 9:5:5 eXilition Zik
R24 #5 5:4:4 Conspiracy Xan
R26 #33 8:3:7 NoX Zik
R28 #3 2:10:8 Äscendäncy Etd
arc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2007, 23:13   #16
Clogg
SiNíng is a lifestyle

Clogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to all

A shift of Power, got a feeling this might well be the last round we will see alliances as we know them shifting toward a more galaxy / cluster orientated game. Dunno if this is a good or a bad direction though, but just my humble opinion.
Unread 11 Jun 2007, 23:25   #17
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold

Endless *blank*? we just going for a repeat of previous rounds?
Struggle for power, shift of power, a few unoriginal entries

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results."

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"
[DW]Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2007, 23:26   #18
GrandAdm Thrawn

GrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the roughGrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the roughGrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the roughGrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the rough

Well Im not playing, least not as a planet, I still be there to improve things, so its obviously for you guys "The unseen enemy" thats my choice
Unread 12 Jun 2007, 01:15   #19
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

The Unseen Enemy got my vote, it would be nice if we can move away from the usual 'power, dawn, struggle, eternity...' vocabulary.
Unread 12 Jun 2007, 01:23   #20
Cocteau
Cherry Colored Funk

Cocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to all

I like "A Pledge for Dominion" best..

Fits the round's timing, since some new alliances are born and PA Team's attempt to attract new players in this free round.
Really need you

-- My Bloody Valentine
Cocteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2007, 01:50   #21
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

Every round the name gets cheesier and cheesier

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2007, 03:09   #22
Batusai

Batusai is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll go for The Unseen Enemy

it keeps u guessing until the last minute.
R21 Rookie - Havoc Rank #68
R22 - Alliance DC
Batusai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2007, 05:43   #23
mactrin

Round 22 - A Pledge for Dominion
Unread 12 Jun 2007, 08:12   #24
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold

Shards of Infinity for me..sweet sounding name that isnt cheesy, not boring and doesnt just sound like a clone of previous rounds

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results."

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"
Unread 12 Jun 2007, 14:55   #25
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

Round 22 - The podening....
Round 22 - Roid or pull
Round 22 - The doldrums...

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2007, 14:56   #26
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

can u make its that if your ip is in scotland it shows up as Nae Retreat , Nae Surrender?

cheers big man
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2007, 13:40   #27
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

don't see my submission in there, thought my idea for "fog of war" as round name wasn't to bad though

have voted for "A pledge for dominion" its the only one i really like
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2007, 16:49   #28
AV.
Number 34

Would "Fog of War" arouse conflict issues with the classic holocaust documentary of the same name? (available in criterion edition I might add) Or do the sub-titles of online games enjoy exemption from this kind of thing?

I don't know.. either way, it's not a shard on shards of infinity.
Unread 13 Jun 2007, 16:57   #29
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV.
Would "Fog of War" arouse conflict issues with the classic holocaust documentary of the same name? (available in criterion edition I might add) Or do the sub-titles of online games enjoy exemption from this kind of thing?
The documentary Fog of War wasn't about the holocaust. Or is there another one in addition to the Errol Morris interview with Robert McNamara?
Unread 14 Jun 2007, 16:35   #30
AV.
Number 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
The documentary Fog of War wasn't about the holocaust. Or is there another one in addition to the Errol Morris interview with Robert McNamara?

Ahh, apologies, I was mistakenly thinking of Night and Fog, which seeing as it's on the shelf behind me was quite an elementary error.
Unread 13 Jun 2007, 18:56   #31
JDsocbas

JDsocbas is an unknown quantity at this point

All I have to say is that Shards of Infinity sounds like an inspiring name and is similar to all of the old endless etc. titles. PA will never end
JDsocbas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2007, 20:37   #32
Existence

Round 22: Its to late to Surrender!
Unread 14 Jun 2007, 00:56   #33
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Round 22 - Flogging a Dead Horse.

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2007, 08:22   #34
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

Round 22 - Sequel to round 21

Unread 14 Jun 2007, 19:56   #35
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Bah, the one i vote for always loses

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2007, 20:15   #36
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Unless round-names are tied to some storyline feature (which would require some notion of an evolving universe instead of round-after-round of the same), you're probably better to stick with 'Planetarion: Round 22' and save people from getting the wrong idea.
Unread 14 Jun 2007, 22:52   #37
Nazqil
s-eX-y

Nazqil can only hope to improve

No retreat, No surrender ? Lovely name... Thats fits perfect with those new players who will waste their fleets in first 300 ticks ? ^^
Nazqil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jun 2007, 20:47   #38
Zipp-ster

Totally agree with Nazqil!!
Unread 16 Jun 2007, 12:21   #39
AV.
Number 34

I'm glad that my avid campaigning led to my choice being used.

The first person to discover what a shard of infinity actually is wins the round!
Unread 16 Jun 2007, 13:32   #40
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

someone recruit AV into ascendancy
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2007, 04:33   #41
rasputini
Love monkey

rasputini is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, again my nomination for "Insert Round Name Here" is ignored. THE TRAVESTY!
Unread 18 Jun 2007, 04:45   #42
rop1964
F Crew

rop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nice

well i submit "a world too far" but it was not retained.. guess i ll have to settle with the popular choice..

[F-Crew] - You know when you've been [FC]uked
rop1964 is offline   Reply With Quote