User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 11 Jul 2005, 10:54   #1
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place
Amiga

I still have my old Amiga and every few months I generally get the urge to play a bunch of my old games again. However, my parents moved a few months back and as I have been away in uni I haven't had the chance to use it, when I then went to ovre the weekend I found that most of my games had got lost in the move. I still have about 20 including Street Fighter 2, Sim City, Road Rash, Prince of Persia and Power Monger.

I am also going to rebuy some of my favourite games that went missing such as

Rainbow Island
Carvup
Lotus Turbo Challenge
Monkey Island
Populus
Speedball 2

As I fancy trying some new games though I as wondering if anyone could recommend any other games, any genre. Preferably only around half a dozen - a dozen games as I won't be buying a huge number so will have a better idea on what you think were the better games.

Cheers

Last edited by midge5; 11 Jul 2005 at 13:10.
midge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2005, 11:03   #2
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Amiga

Power Monger is crap.
Unread 11 Jul 2005, 11:12   #3
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

I had an Amiga 500 I think. Weren't Amigas better than PC's back in their heyday? I got rid of my Amiga years and years ago so I can't really remember many of the games I had.

I remember I loved Midnight Resistance. That was a 2d scroller. I played it so much that I managed to get from the beginning to end without losing a life
Also James Pond, that was pretty cool.
I remember some Indiana Jones type game. There was a level in an underground tomb where you run away from boulders and avoid spikes, Raiders of the Lost Ark stylee. Also a level where you run through Hyde Park avoiding aliens. I can't remember what it was called but I liked it.
Unread 11 Jul 2005, 11:19   #4
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
Also James Pond, that was pretty cool.
That was excellent .

I loved my Amiga, dont know why we got rid of it .

The Dizzy the egg games were great platform/adventure style games as well .
Unread 11 Jul 2005, 11:38   #5
berzerker
Professional AlcoFrolic

berzerker has a spectacular aura aboutberzerker has a spectacular aura aboutberzerker has a spectacular aura about

Buy the Workbench package, and play with the nifty-cool voice thingy. Its like the 'speech' thing in windows, but it's a lot more customisable.
Unread 11 Jul 2005, 11:57   #6
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Powermonger is awesome

What about

Turrican
Sensible Soccer
Cannon Fodder
Rick Dangerous
Silkworm
SWIV
Gods
Xenon 2 megablast
Kick off 2
Battle Squadron
Wings
Stunt Car Racer
Shadow of the Beast
Project X
F-18 Interceptor
New Zealand Story
Wonderboy in Monsterland
Persian Gulf Inferno

To name a couple
Unread 11 Jul 2005, 12:00   #7
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

Rick Dangerous! That was it!

I think.
Unread 11 Jul 2005, 12:06   #8
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Stunt Car Racer
Kick Off 2
Speedball 2
Cannon Fodder
Wizkid
Alien Breed
Chaos Engine
Fontier (Elite 2)
Liberation (Captive 2)
Hired Guns
UFO Enemy Unknown
Warlords
Senisble World Of Soccer
Syndicate
Dune II
Civilisation
Celtic Legends
Steel Empire
Alien Breed series
Another World
Apidya
Arabian Nights
Arcade Pool
Banshee
Battle Squadron
Beneath A Steel Sky
Black Crypt
Cannon Fodder
Chaos Engine
Civilization
Cruise for a Corpse
Deliverance
D/Generation
Dragons Breath
Drakkhen
Dune II
Dungeon Master
Elite
Elvira series
Exile
Eye of the Beholder series
Fire & Ice
First Samurai
Flashback
Gods
Great Giana Sisters
Heart of China
Heimdall
Hunter
Hybris
IK+
Indiana Jones adventure series
It Came from the Desert
Killing Cloud
King's Quest V & VI
Knightmare
Leander
Legend of Kyrandia
Lemmings (series)
Lotus (series)
Maniac Mansion
Mega lo Mania
MicroProse Golf
Midnight Resistance
Monkey Island (series)
Moonstone
Myth - History in the Making
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2005, 12:17   #9
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHC
Beneath A Steel Sky
I was really disappointed by this game. Their idea of a puzzle was "make all the key objects about 2 pixels across and hide them in obscure areas of the screen" - other than that there was relly no thought required - definitely not even close to the Monkey Island games.

well I still have a bunch of my old amiga games in boxes back home, dunno if the discs still work though.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2005, 12:27   #10
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

The Amiga was the best gaming console ever. The MegaDrive came a good second. These games kept me happy for many`a`hour.

• Xenon 2 megablast
  • Speedball 2
  • Monkey Island 1 & 2
  • Frontier: Elite 2
  • Streetfighter 2
  • SWOS
Frontier: Elite 2 and Monkey Island 2 were the reasons I got into game programming.

Honourable mentions for Fifa 97, Mortal Kombat and Toejam and Earl even though they were MegaDrive games. I can't remember whether streetfighter 2 was an amiga or megadrive game,

You can get SWOS for the PC with updated files for the current season. It still rocks.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2005, 12:28   #11
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Mortal Kombat was funny because the Ninja's were all short and fat
Unread 11 Jul 2005, 12:31   #12
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

Oh yes, I forgot Speedball 2, great game!
Unread 11 Jul 2005, 12:31   #13
Dark-Strider
Reservoir Dog

Dark-Strider is on a distinguished road

Road Rash was quality.
Unread 11 Jul 2005, 12:47   #14
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Road Rash on the Megadrive was so much better, I had them on both systems.
Unread 11 Jul 2005, 12:52   #15
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

My grandparents have 2 Amiga 500's in their house, stashed away somewhere.
Such a great comp, I miss it.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2005, 12:54   #16
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I bet i was the only one with Captain Planet .
Unread 11 Jul 2005, 12:57   #17
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
Oh yes, I forgot Speedball 2, great game!
Brutal Deluxe!

Unread 11 Jul 2005, 13:09   #18
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
Powermonger is awesome

Sensible Soccer
Cannon Fodder
Gods
Xenon 2 megablast
Kick off 2
Shadow of the Beast
F-18 Interceptor
Quote:
Originally Posted by LHC
Kick Off 2
Speedball 2
Warlords
Senisble World Of Soccer
Alien Breed series
Cannon Fodder
Lemmings (series)
Lotus (series)
Monkey Island (series)
I have/will soon have them games anyway but thanks for the rest of the suggestions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeks
I can't remember whether streetfighter 2 was an amiga or megadrive game,
I have it on the SNES and Amiga, no idea if it ws a Megadrive game though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
I bet i was the only one with Captain Planet
I have it for the NES if it makes you feel any better. I also had Defenders of the Earth which was a hell of a lot worse than CP :/
Unread 11 Jul 2005, 13:26   #19
Radical Edward

Pinball Dreams and Pinball Fantasy. God I loved pinball games.

Unread 11 Jul 2005, 13:26   #20
Billy No Brains

Billy No Brains has a brilliant futureBilly No Brains has a brilliant futureBilly No Brains has a brilliant futureBilly No Brains has a brilliant futureBilly No Brains has a brilliant futureBilly No Brains has a brilliant futureBilly No Brains has a brilliant futureBilly No Brains has a brilliant futureBilly No Brains has a brilliant futureBilly No Brains has a brilliant futureBilly No Brains has a brilliant future

Quote:
Road Rash on the Megadrive was so much better, I had them on both systems.
I agree 118%.
Unread 11 Jul 2005, 13:29   #21
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

To say that the amiga was the best game console goes a bit far, as certain types of games where just more suitable to the megadrive and SNES, like racers, fast paced scrolling shoot 'm ups and such. Still the Amiga is my favourite all time system because of inovative stuff from the likes of Molyneux and the Bitmap brothers.

Streetfighter 2 was incredible wank on the amiga for example, while the megadrive and especially the SNES where as good as perfect copies of the original arcade system.

Last edited by SilverSmoke; 11 Jul 2005 at 14:20.
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2005, 14:17   #22
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
I bet i was the only one with Captain Planet .
no

It was free with my A600.... awful awful game
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2005, 16:03   #23
berzerker
Professional AlcoFrolic

berzerker has a spectacular aura aboutberzerker has a spectacular aura aboutberzerker has a spectacular aura about

F*** streetfighter. Mortal Kombat kicked-ass: 100hit combos, fatality, babyfication, etc. Vastly superior imo.
Unread 11 Jul 2005, 16:25   #24
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

every single game i was going to suggest has been suggested by someone else
turrican 1,2,3 ( not sure of a500 runs it ) , elite 2 - frontier are some i'd definately recommend
Unread 11 Jul 2005, 16:33   #25
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute

my dad had an amiga
i remember playing pacman.. and there was this one game where you were a on a unicycle and you had to jump logs and duck under tree branches... don't remember what it's called though
Unread 11 Jul 2005, 16:44   #26
berzerker
Professional AlcoFrolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryn
... and there was this one game where you were a on a unicycle and you had to jump logs and duck under tree branches... don't remember what it's called though
I remember a game like that on commodore64, riding a pushbike round a theme park and trying to stay on the rollercoaster. again though, dont know what it was called
Unread 11 Jul 2005, 16:46   #27
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryn
and there was this one game where you were a on a unicycle and you had to jump logs and duck under tree branches... don't remember what it's called though
that reminds me of an old C64 game called "BC's Quest For Tires"
Unread 11 Jul 2005, 16:48   #28
1-X
overtired

Quote:
Originally Posted by berzerker
I remember a game like that on commodore64, riding a pushbike round a theme park and trying to stay on the rollercoaster. again though, dont know what it was called
that reminds me of "Action Biker" and it was a motorbike. Clumsy Colin ring any bells?
Unread 11 Jul 2005, 17:01   #29
berzerker
Professional AlcoFrolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
that reminds me of "Action Biker" and it was a motorbike. Clumsy Colin ring any bells?
Unread 11 Jul 2005, 17:45   #30
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society

Speedball II is still very playable btw, not that long since I tried it

Super Cars II , Moonstone haven't been mentioned yet.
Unread 11 Jul 2005, 18:35   #31
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Indy 500 is a superb top down car racing game, almost as good as Ivan Iron Man Stewarts Offroad Challenge, and brilliant for multiplayer with friends and family.

Frontier, obviously, is the dogs bollocks, no matter how much its criticised.

And Daedalus. Remember that?
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2005, 18:58   #32
Ninja_spammer
Freedom Fanatic

Ninja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud of

SWIV and Nuclear war

Oh and Lemmings ofc.
Unread 12 Jul 2005, 04:09   #33
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Meglamania, Bubble Bobble, Lords of Chaos, Cadaver.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2005, 08:20   #34
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
Indy 500 is a superb top down car racing game

No it isn't, you are speaking about another game which name I can't recall.

Indy 500 (Indianapolis 500) is a rather excellent 3D indycar simulator.
Unread 12 Jul 2005, 10:50   #35
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If you can find it, K240 was very good from what I can remember.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2005, 11:00   #36
Radical Edward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
If you can find it, K240 was very good from what I can remember.
that's the one where you colonise the asteroids wasn't ít? brilliant game that

http://free-game-downloads.mosw.com/..._j_k/k240.html

Unread 12 Jul 2005, 11:28   #37
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Later on, Fragile Allegiance was released on the pc, if I am correct this is about the same game as K240 but beefed up a bit. Quite entertaining for a couple of days.
Unread 12 Jul 2005, 11:33   #38
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical Edward
that's the one where you colonise the asteroids wasn't ít?
Aye, that was it. I always remember attempting to amass uber fleets and then getting done.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2005, 11:36   #39
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

You where also able to launch hundreds of missiles on enemy astroids wheren't you?

That was fun.
Unread 12 Jul 2005, 11:39   #40
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

It was always a lark to use a stasis missile to hold the rest of them in orbit till it wore off. Having hundreds of missiles rain down on an asteroid at exactly the same time made for some spectacular fireworks.
Cooling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2005, 12:49   #41
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
Meglamania, Bubble Bobble, Lords of Chaos, Cadaver.
I didn't realise that Lords of Chaos was on Amstrad, but yes, get that definitely.

And Megalomania (I'm pretty sure it's spelt that way) was also great.
Unread 12 Jul 2005, 13:01   #42
Radical Edward

did anyone ever play gravity power? It was a complete game on an amiga power coverdisk, basically a little multiplayer game where two opponents flew round a fully deformable 2D vertically scrolling landscape (the ships were basically the same as in Asteroids) trying to kill one another. that was ace.

Unread 12 Jul 2005, 13:12   #43
1-X
overtired

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHC
And Megalomania (I'm pretty sure it's spelt that way) was also great.
Spelt correctly but they put spaces in it for some reason ie."Mega lo Mania". Remember the camp sounding king who said "d'you want to come on my team?"
Unread 12 Jul 2005, 13:13   #44
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

looooosseeerr
Unread 12 Jul 2005, 13:39   #45
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
Spelt correctly but they put spaces in it for some reason ie."Mega lo Mania". Remember the camp sounding king who said "d'you want to come on my team?"
The best bit was the really quickly spoken "runningoutofelephants", but it may have just been the poor quality sound on SNES.
Unread 12 Jul 2005, 14:04   #46
Ninja_spammer
Freedom Fanatic

Ninja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud of

"Running out of elements" Is what it actually says.
Unread 12 Jul 2005, 17:13   #47
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

That's pretty obvious. It just sounds like elephants.
Unread 12 Jul 2005, 20:22   #48
TheBerk
dazed and confused

TheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant future

Wild Cup Soccer

an old favourite of mine
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 07:47   #49
Ninja_spammer
Freedom Fanatic

I think there was an elemental symbol that looked like an elephant though...

Didnt want any confusion to be caused :P
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 08:23   #50
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
No it isn't, you are speaking about another game which name I can't recall.

Indy 500 (Indianapolis 500) is a rather excellent 3D indycar simulator.

Actually, youre completely right (try finding another board poster that admits this).

The Game was called Indy Heat
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote