User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 6 Jul 2005, 18:01   #1
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Cold Calling

today I have recieved five phonecalls trying to sell me things or to get me to donate money to the blind or telling me that I have won a prize. this is nt an isolated incident. At the very least I get 2-3 of these types of calls a day and it ****ing pisses me off. Where do these people get off thining that they can constantly disturb me throughout the day. I don't consent to these ponecalls and if I had my way I'd have every call centre burnt to the ground and every Jehovahs Witness fed through a wood chipper.

Surely this amounts to harassment and I cant wait for the day that it al gets banned.

And while we're at it we shoud be allowed to douse in petrol and set alight any charity workers who accost you in the street. If I wanted to give you my money I would come up to you!
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2005, 18:06   #2
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Cold Calling

If you set fire to the charity workers, I am sure that, quickly, other charity workers would gather round and offer to sell you marshmallows to roast over the fire.
Unread 6 Jul 2005, 18:06   #3
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of

http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/

A change in the law means that if you register with TPS it makes cold calling illegal.

I had exactly the same problem as you, and after registering it has almost completely put a stop to any cold calls.

I hope this helps.

P.S. It takes 2 minutes to register online, however about 2 weeks to work.
MrPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2005, 18:07   #4
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of

I am assuming you are from the UK.
Unread 6 Jul 2005, 18:10   #5
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I am indeed. thanks for the link btw.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2005, 18:17   #6
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

When I was 16 somebody cold called me telling me that they would install double glazed windows in my house for free if I let them put my house in some magazine. I said "Yes, that sounds great. Call my wife in a couple of hours to confirm the details." Then when they phoned my mum she had a big argument with them about how she wanted no such thing. I of course denied all knowledge.

I found it amusing anyway. I was a simpler man back then.
Unread 6 Jul 2005, 18:19   #7
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend

I did the same as MrPeach. It worked very well. But the past week has been an absolute shit.
Unread 6 Jul 2005, 18:20   #8
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend

Also if you want to annoy them try and sell them something. They are not allowed to hang up on you but you can try and sell stuff, its highly amusing.
Unread 6 Jul 2005, 19:32   #9
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

One of my ex teachers answered the phone at his mothers and told them that he would like a quote for a patioor something similar. When they turned up they found she lived 4 floors up so it was impossible to do which amused me.

I don't seem to get these calls anymore though. I have never had them often but they seemed to have totally stopped recently without me signing up to anything. The last few I did have they hung up on me after just a minute or so heh.
Unread 6 Jul 2005, 19:38   #10
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I got an American Express application form posted to me when I was about 11. I sent it back with all the details filled in, including my salary, which I estimated would be approximately 120 quid, if you included my pocket money on top of the huge one pound a week I got for doing a paper round.

They didn't even send me a letter to sat it had been refused. Bastards.

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2005, 20:06   #11
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

120 quid when you were a kid must have been enough to buy you a set of tropical islands!

lololol!!!!1
Unread 6 Jul 2005, 20:22   #12
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Displaying 7 Users of 1344 that match your request:
Code:
Chu3y			[Ban User] 	[View Profile] 	[Change Signature]
chubaka			[Ban User] 	[View Profile] 	[Change Signature]
ChubbyChecker		[Ban User] 	[View Profile] 	[Change Signature]
ChubbyLee		[Ban User] 	[View Profile] 	[Change Signature]
Chucky			[Ban User] 	[View Profile] 	[Change Signature]
Chuggerboom		[Ban User] 	[View Profile] 	[Change Signature]
Churchil5		[Ban User] 	[View Profile] 	[Change Signature]

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2005, 20:28   #13
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

as DM ages and loses his wits, the threats get less and less subtle
Unread 6 Jul 2005, 20:32   #14
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

I don't recognise any of those nicks. Apart from mine of course
Unread 6 Jul 2005, 21:31   #15
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

You can instruct your telephone operator (certainly BT, presumably others as well) to prevent incoming calls with withheld numbers (which includes all marketing calls, as they're all from call centres).
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2005, 21:38   #16
MrPeach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus
You can instruct your telephone operator (certainly BT, presumably others as well) to prevent incoming calls with withheld numbers (which includes all marketing calls, as they're all from call centres).
Yes, but that would stop people phoning you.

Such as:

Someone calling from behind work switchboard
Someone abroad
Someone with a mobile on witheld
Unread 7 Jul 2005, 09:49   #17
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

"Hello, is that Mr ......?" comes the woman's voice

"Yes" says I, (well I am, they wanted to talk to my dad, but since my balls dropped and my voice broke I pretend I am him)

"My name is suzie" she continues "from Yorkshire glazing, and we have a special offer this summer on patios and conservatories."

"oh that sounds interesting, what sort of price range do you offer?"

she waffles about prices for a bit semingly pleased that she has a potential customer

"how much for stilts?" I enquire

"pardon" she says, suddenly confused

"well we live in a second floor flat, we would need stilts for the conservatory since.... hello? hello?"

silence.

And I didn't even get to ask her about how to deal with planning permission for listed buildings.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2005, 09:54   #18
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Most of the calls we get tend to be from India, which means there is a delay before they start speaking. I tend to answer the phone, say hello and then if there is no reply in the first 2 seconds put the phone down just as some Indian bloke is about to start talking.
Unread 7 Jul 2005, 10:21   #19
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Most of the calls we get tend to be from India, which means there is a delay before they start speaking. I tend to answer the phone, say hello and then if there is no reply in the first 2 seconds put the phone down just as some Indian bloke is about to start talking.
aah yes, indian call centers.

"Hello, I would like to book a driving test" says I

"certainly sir" (do your best apu accent in your head) "which county are you living in?"

"North Yorkshire"

"is that one word or two"

wtf thinks I.

"two, North and Yorkshire"

"thankyou sir, your test is on .....(date)..... at the ...(driving center).... in hull"

"what? Hull is over 50 miles away, why don't you ask me what town I live in and then I can do a test in the center down the road"

..................... gimps.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2005, 15:11   #20
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

I've been getting loads of those recently.

They say can I talk to "my mother" please

Whats it about

We understand she recently filled out a survey...

Well no she didn't and sh'es not interested

I think I should talk to her

No, she's dead (I'm tempted to do this next time)

so so annoying
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2005, 15:28   #21
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPeach
http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/

A change in the law means that if you register with TPS it makes cold calling illegal.

I had exactly the same problem as you, and after registering it has almost completely put a stop to any cold calls.

I hope this helps.

P.S. It takes 2 minutes to register online, however about 2 weeks to work.
Thanks for the information. I get the odd call myself, so I`ll register today. There`s also a mailing preference service that deals with spam letters in the post.

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.
pyirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2005, 16:01   #22
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts

I have been getting lots of nusiance calls from fax machines (one in particular) in Leeds west Yorkshire.

Thanks to MrPeach for posting the link for TPS, I found the FPS Facsimilie Preferance Service.

http://www.fpsonline.org.uk/fps/
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2005, 11:16   #23
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute

I also get silent calls, which is weird.

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.
pyirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2005, 11:45   #24
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

That's because somebody is stalking you.
Unread 11 Jul 2005, 12:11   #25
berzerker
Professional AlcoFrolic

berzerker has a spectacular aura aboutberzerker has a spectacular aura aboutberzerker has a spectacular aura about

Try this handy guide: http://www.extremefunnypictures.com/funnypic212.htm (its not a picture funnily enough!).
Unread 12 Jul 2005, 10:10   #26
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyirt
I also get silent calls, which is weird.
Badly configured autodiallers, it's illegal to run them at a level your call centre muppets can't keep up with but too many people don't understand how they work (I speak from experience of supporting the damn things).
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2005, 12:03   #27
Che
Lifelong Student

Che is an unknown quantity at this point

It's even worse when BT call on the pretext of "Customer Service". Without fail they will ask me if I have a computer.... "Is my line broadband enabled??" "Yes??" comes the reply. "Well, if I didn't have a computer that would be one hell of a waste of money wouldn't it..."

Prats.....
Che is offline   Reply With Quote