User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 24 May 2009, 10:41   #1
zPeti

zPeti has a spectacular aura aboutzPeti has a spectacular aura aboutzPeti has a spectacular aura about
Explanation of tonight

After a really really bad nights sleep, our servers are back up.

I phoned Fubra at 2am when I noticed that servers were down. This morning I got this explanation from them.

------------------
Dear All

We've had some problems this morning involving a failure of the chiller system at the Manor data centre. The fault has been isolated to a pump malfunction on one of three chiller units causing depressurisation of the system and loss of coolant. Unfortunately before the fault could be rectified we had an increase of temperature that caused our core switches to shut themselves down.

The faulty chiller has been isolated and the system repressurised and is now performing normally. We have enough chiller capacity in place to run without the faulty unit and expect no further problems withe the cooling system.

These switches have now been fixed and are running normally.

If you have colocation with us then please check over your equipment at the earliest convenient time and get back to me on my mobile if any assistance is required from our end.

If you have container/edge hosting with us, then please bear with us a little while longer whilst we run integrity checks on storage. We hope to get everything back online within the next couple of hours. Again, if you have any queries then please get back to me on the numbers below.

Please accept my apologies for the problems experienced this morning and be assured we are doing everything we can to restore services as quickly as possible.

Kind Regards,

Mark Sutton
Fubra Limited

------------------------

I am really sorry everyone, I was really hoping we would make it through this round without any problems.

PATeam will inform you shortly about where we will go from here.

I am very very sorry.
Pete
zPeti is offline   Reply With Quote