User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 1 Feb 2006, 02:51   #1
zzhou
zz-crew

zzhou is a splendid one to beholdzzhou is a splendid one to beholdzzhou is a splendid one to beholdzzhou is a splendid one to beholdzzhou is a splendid one to beholdzzhou is a splendid one to behold
buddy pack exile

buddy pack exile

Why isnt it allowed?

Surely if a member of a buddy pack wants to leave that buddy pack/gal it should be his/her decision.

If a galaxy decides a galmate is a total *$&% then they should be allowed to start an exile vote on him.

Why does PA choose to lock people into these buddy packs? Marriage isnt binding anymore, thats why we have divorces.

Perhaps they are trying to increase the difference between random and buddy packs. If you go random you have the freedom to move around if you end up in a craptacular gal, until you end up in a good gal with a good buddy pack

If you end up in a good gal, you know there is no way that gal can split due to buddy pack exile rules.

If you choose buddy pack you have to rely on the strength of your buddy pack and hope you get merged with either:

a) good randoms
b) good buddy packs

Some have great buddy packs with hardc0re players, but most of us just want to play with our friends and have a good time, and if it doenst work out have the option to exile and start again.

Previously this was possible, and the player wishing to exile incurred a penalty. Maybe if you choose to go in a buddy pack you should incur a higher penalty for the choices you made at the start of the round, but the option to exile should still be available.
Unread 1 Feb 2006, 03:05   #2
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
Re: buddy pack exile

I'm amazed at how you compared marriage to joining a buddy pack for a round of PA.

Although I still think it should be possible to break packs somehow during the round. Being chained to a single gal is probably the best way to make someone quit under certain circumstances.
Unread 1 Feb 2006, 04:13   #3
coffee-
Beoyotch

coffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nice

It was done to make people more loyal to their galaxies rather then bailing at the first sign of weakness. An active buddy pack of 5 is more then enough to keep a galaxy above ground. Any galaxy I've been in recently, I've been ecstatic if there are more then 5 active members.
coffee- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2006, 08:05   #4
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtothez
I'm amazed at how you compared marriage to joining a buddy pack for a round of PA.
Well you don't get laid much in either situation

I think trhere should be some latitude with exiles, as sometimes things happen...and like mentioned above, the option should be there. Make it more costly, put some kind of tax on it or something, but eliminating it in my opinion will cause people to leave the game prematurely should they end up in a bad situation
Unread 1 Feb 2006, 13:47   #5
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I think it is the best possible solution to the whole "dead galaxy" problem.

After all, you do perfectly know that a buddy pack means you'll have to cooperate for the whole round if you want to perform good; if you just want to hope for an uber-active galaxy you can as well go random, as that won't create any trouble for anyone else.

The shuffler first creates galaxies from the buddy packs and afterwards assigns random planets to those galaxies, which means that if a buddy pack exiles itself from a galaxy there'll be "dead" galaxies without a core in most cases, which in the end would lead to even more people quitting (especially new people).

I think the circumstances xtothez and angryduck are referring to are those when a buddy pack is formed by members of different alliances and then their alliances go to war, devastating the galaxy (most likely), preventing the people from the buddy pack performing good (also likely) or, last but not least, dropping the morale of people when they got a spy in their buddy pack or similar.
To this thing I can only say: tough luck, it is meant to be a buddy pack, [b]not] a block-party-pack
Unread 1 Feb 2006, 14:24   #6
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Please please please PA crew reconsider the exiling rules. People are quitting the game because of it as we speak. The system is good for thoose who are active alot and have time to build a good galaxy, but the casual players dont have the dedicated time to make that kind of obligation.
Unread 1 Feb 2006, 14:34   #7
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
Please please please PA crew reconsider the exiling rules. People are quitting the game because of it as we speak. The system is good for thoose who are active alot and have time to build a good galaxy, but the casual players dont have the dedicated time to make that kind of obligation.
Why did these players choose to go in an average/shit BP then? They knew the rules, they've made their bed.
Unread 1 Feb 2006, 14:48   #8
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Well, some alliances are better than others picking buddypacks. Guess what, if you put 2 people from the newly dissolved [ROA] together with 3 people from Scythe, you might get a problem.

The buddypacks works for thoose who are intending on playing active. But not for thoose who are less active. or just plain unlucky with their buddypack.
Unread 1 Feb 2006, 14:51   #9
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Not really, the solution is to go random. If you cant guarantee a good BP, go random.
Unread 1 Feb 2006, 14:54   #10
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

I think it's a good idea to not allow BP-members to exile. That forces them to work together. If you think your BP is shit, then try to look at what you can do better. Remember: It was your own choice to buddy-up with them, so ****ing deal with it instead of running around whining on the forums about it.
Unread 1 Feb 2006, 14:54   #11
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

I am assuming that most people didnt know about the new rule change. It was announced, but should have been given some more information about it. The object with the new system was to avoid dead galaxies and from having people quitting on their galaxies. What they seem to be doing instead is quitting the game
Unread 1 Feb 2006, 14:55   #12
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

the thing is, the player we are in danger of losing here isn't the top shelf hardcore guy, it's the mid level guy in mid level alliances that don't have the resources and contacts to sort top shelf buddy packs.those players make up a good portion of our player base, and when cultivated, become the top shelf player
Unread 1 Feb 2006, 14:56   #13
The_Mad_Keg
Fat *******

The_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffee-
It was done to make people more loyal to their galaxies rather then bailing at the first sign of weakness. An active buddy pack of 5 is more then enough to keep a galaxy above ground. Any galaxy I've been in recently, I've been ecstatic if there are more then 5 active members.
tbh 5 members isnt nearly enuf, specially with the bash culture atm. take my gal atm, we have 6 members active on irc. however unfortunately they are from the smaller allies and fairly new to the game. were not in the top 150 gals yet last night we get something like 50 hostile fleets, end result, gals ****ed royaly and new players wanna quit. Buddypacks are often formed within allies with other member from like minded allies, so the smaller allies are gonna band together with each other, creating far inferior buddypacks, far inferior gals, and loads more players quitting. As usual PA is killing itself and none of the big guys care because their winning
<Rocko> so reincarnation is like getting ABSOLUTLEY wankered when u die

[F-Crew] - You known when youve been [FC]ucked
The_Mad_Keg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2006, 14:57   #14
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNgRyDuCk
the thing is, the player we are in danger of losing here isn't the top shelf hardcore guy, it's the mid level guy in mid level alliances that don't have the resources and contacts to sort top shelf buddy packs.those players make up a good portion of our player base, and when cultivated, become the top shelf player

Excactly. The players who play this game hardcore can do a very good job turning a bad galaxy into something better. Kretin did that last round but we cant expect everyone to be like Kretin.

I have to underline that I am not in such an situation myself.
Unread 1 Feb 2006, 14:58   #15
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mad_Keg
tbh 5 members isnt nearly enuf, specially with the bash culture atm. take my gal atm, we have 6 members active on irc. however unfortunately they are from the smaller allies and fairly new to the game. were not in the top 150 gals yet last night we get something like 50 hostile fleets, end result, gals ****ed royaly and new players wanna quit. Buddypacks are often formed within allies with other member from like minded allies, so the smaller allies are gonna band together with each other, creating far inferior buddypacks, far inferior gals, and loads more players quitting. As usual PA is killing itself and none of the big guys care because their winning
You know that the best option for not-so-good alliances is to go random right?
Unread 1 Feb 2006, 14:59   #16
Nadar
I see you!

Quote:
we cant expect everyone to be like Kretin.
Jesus christ... thank God for that
Unread 1 Feb 2006, 15:00   #17
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
The not-so-good alliances have not-so-good HC's who tend to take not-so-good decisions.. should you punish their players because they had to join up with alliances like that? The game doesnt allow alliances to take up more than a certain amount of players..
Unread 1 Feb 2006, 15:08   #18
Razgriz
Retired FCHC

Razgriz is a jewel in the roughRazgriz is a jewel in the roughRazgriz is a jewel in the roughRazgriz is a jewel in the rough

The new bp rule is pants in my eyes. As people have said its fine if you're in a top flight alliance or a hardcore player in a bp with others.
Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath
---------------------------------------------------
[F-Crew] - You know when you've been [FC]ucked

join our public chan #f-crew
Razgriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2006, 15:11   #19
The_Mad_Keg
Fat *******

The_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
idd but they dont know that.
As it is i am random and can exile, but feel a bit guilty about it when the other guys in the gal are active and trying to make it work, but are basically fked from the get-go by huge incs.
Most of us know ah well take it and wait for things to settle down and make our way back up, but for a new player 7 waves of incs (which i have seen already) is so demoralizing they are very likely to quit straight away

Unread 1 Feb 2006, 15:12   #20
Nadar
I see you!

Quote:
The not-so-good alliances have not-so-good HC's who tend to take not-so-good decisions.. should you punish their players because they had to join up with alliances like that? The game doesnt allow alliances to take up more than a certain amount of players..
Why would anyone join a BP if they're not willing to work on it to make it work? People that quit the game because their BP/gal sucks is worth shit-nothing to the game.
Unread 1 Feb 2006, 15:12   #21
Thex
Average Thex

Thex will become famous soon enoughThex will become famous soon enough

I agree that careful selection of a BP should have been your first priority. I doubt any of the smaller alliances choose the BP's for their members - I know that second tier alliances didn't, so I doubt very much those at the bottom did. Therefore the BP members themselves chose who to play with. If they thought that simply choosing a BP would garantee them a place in T150 galaxies then they are very much mistaken.

The BP is designed to allow you to play with some mates. The no exile for BP members rule is designed to create a core galaxy team that can move the galaxy forward in a positive way.

If the galaxy has other inactives, then the BP need to act fast to exile people.

If the galaxy is being attacked all the time then they need to look at their score roid ratio and reduce their attractiveness.

My alliance is [BIG]ger than yours

[ex LOST], [ex IF], [ex G-II]
Thex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2006, 15:16   #22
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Why would anyone join a BP if they're not willing to work on it to make it work? People that quit the game because their BP/gal sucks is worth shit-nothing to the game.
well, I diagree, with only 2,5k players, we need to do stop thinking like that.

Its attitudes like yours that make planetarion lose more and more players. We need to understand that not everyone can be active 10-12 hours pr day at PA anymore.
Unread 1 Feb 2006, 15:19   #23
Nadar
I see you!

Quote:
Its attitudes like yours that make planetarion lose more and more players. We need to understand that not everyone can be active 10-12 hours pr day at PA anymore.
If they can't be active 10-12 hours pr day, then why in the flying ****s name would they expect to play in a good galaxy?

Thex pretty much summed it all up.

And my attitudes doesn't ruin the game at all.
Unread 1 Feb 2006, 15:19   #24
The_Mad_Keg
Fat *******

Agreed Thex, the problem is new players and new alliances DONT UNDERSTAND THIS. with new alliance limits theres very few places they can go to learn these things, and therefore every round new allies are created, made a mess of, and everyone quits because they have no place to go to learn the dynamics of the game. The new BP rule has just created a whole new way of making the hardcore players play better as a team- a good thing- but also a new way of driving new and inexperienced players out -a bad thing-

Also your bound to get the odd arrogant twat who thinks his BP is there soleley to protect him etc and ppl will want him out, not realising what hes like until then. or u get people who have rl issues and can no longer play, then again u have a gal whos stuck with an inactive they cant get rid of.

Unread 1 Feb 2006, 15:19   #25
zzhou
zz-crew

zzhou is a splendid one to beholdzzhou is a splendid one to beholdzzhou is a splendid one to beholdzzhou is a splendid one to beholdzzhou is a splendid one to beholdzzhou is a splendid one to behold

Well, it looks like the thread has taken some alliance based tangent, which was not my intention in the first place, but rather thinking about in the players best interests.

Remember not all buddy packs are the full 5 players, often 2 or 3 friends decide to play together because it will be more fun if they are together, and also with the shuffle rules, they 'could' end up together in a nice gal.

PA is after all a game where you spend most of the time chatting with your buddies online, if you didnt have buddies, you wouldnt play it at all. Being in a gal with your friends is much more fun than being in the same alliance, or even just sharing a channel (from my point of view), and players shouldnt necessarily be penalized for wanting to play with their friends.. after all most players got into PA in the first place through their freinds.

onto the other point

Not being able to exile members of a buddy pack (the GC and minister exile vote thing).

Two players with good intentions sign up as a buddy pack, wanting to be together in the same gal, unforseen events occur, one of the players cant play... the gal cant exile him, he cant exile either, he in fact cant even delete his planet for the good of the galaxy. What if the other friend decides to quit now since his friend couldnt play, 2 dead planets in the gal that cant be moved... and if you are in a buddy pack, u cant even move to get away from those planets

The 1st point, sure, u got yourself into the buddy pack mess, deal with yourself, but i still feel there should be a self exile option, maybe limited, one time onlly, or a penalty for buddy pack members. The 2nd point seems like a problem..
Unread 1 Feb 2006, 15:20   #26
The_Mad_Keg
Fat *******

Quote:
If they can't be active 10-12 hours pr day, then why in the flying ****s name would they expect to play in a good galaxy?

Thex pretty much summed it all up.

And my attitudes doesn't ruin the game at all.
Nadar your seeing it from only your point of view, in your mind noone whos ridiculously active deserves a good galaxy. if u want this game to survive then like Kargool sais casual players need to be taken care of aswell

Unread 1 Feb 2006, 15:25   #27
Razgriz
Retired FCHC

Razgriz is a jewel in the roughRazgriz is a jewel in the roughRazgriz is a jewel in the roughRazgriz is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhou
Not being able to exile members of a buddy pack (the GC and minister exile vote thing).

Two players with good intentions sign up as a buddy pack, wanting to be together in the same gal, unforseen events occur, one of the players cant play... the gal cant exile him, he cant exile either, he in fact cant even delete his planet for the good of the galaxy. What if the other friend decides to quit now since his friend couldnt play, 2 dead planets in the gal that cant be moved... and if you are in a buddy pack, u cant even move to get away from those planets.
/me nods and nods and nods and nods

Me and an ally friend always bp each round. Just the two of us. We can't move away from the other inactive bp(s) or exile ourselves.

Unread 1 Feb 2006, 15:29   #28
Seed of Chaos
Pr0f3ss10na1 P30n

Seed of Chaos will become famous soon enoughSeed of Chaos will become famous soon enough

tbh i was in a shit galaxy last round which was left even shitter when all the bp people exiled themselves looking for greener patches. Now this can't happen so I think that this rule brings more pros than cons cos it stops people from simply just taking the easy way out instead of giving it a chance.

Last edited by Seed of Chaos; 1 Feb 2006 at 15:35.
Seed of Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2006, 15:29   #29
Thex
Average Thex

Agreed that there should be some "unforseen circumstances" get out - like a one time only exile.

But no one should complain if they, themselves, joined a BP that turned out to be full of crap players tho. I felt that the first few posts complained because the BP was not as good (at playing PA) as they thought it would be - which surely is their own fault - not the rule's fault.

Unread 1 Feb 2006, 15:30   #30
The_Mad_Keg
Fat *******

in the mid-top levels it does bring more pro's but its causing a huge destructive force on the lower levels

Unread 1 Feb 2006, 15:32   #31
Thex
Average Thex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razgriz
/me nods and nods and nods and nods

Me and an ally friend always bp each round. Just the two of us. We can't move away from the other inactive bp(s) or exile ourselves.
Well take over the galaxy and exile the inactives then (assuming you're not GC). I can't believe that when everyone joined the galaxy they all would vote for, and never changce a vote for, a GC that's inactive. Use you political skills - get the galaxy to vote for you - install your own ministers and start exiling.

Unread 1 Feb 2006, 15:33   #32
The_Mad_Keg
Fat *******

again Thex i must point out ure seeing it from ure view, yes to us experienced ppl its stupid, but brand new players whove joined new allies because the few main allies that take on board small ppl are full dont know whos crap, they dont even know what level crap is at. Therefore they cannot be asked to pass judgement on the skills of their b-pack when they have no way of knowing whats shit and whats not. Random is the best choice for them, but they come into this game new and nervous. They see a chance to be with a bunch of friends and they feel safer and take the BP option. They need to be taught this stuff u cant expect them to have ure knowledge from the start

Unread 1 Feb 2006, 15:34   #33
zzhou
zz-crew

You cant actually start an exile vote on a inactive (or any ) planet in a buddy pack.

and for the record, I'm not complaining about my buddy pack, its the same one i've had for a few rounds
Unread 1 Feb 2006, 15:38   #34
Nadar
I see you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mad_Keg
Nadar your seeing it from only your point of view, in your mind noone whos ridiculously active deserves a good galaxy. if u want this game to survive then like Kargool sais casual players need to be taken care of aswell
From my point of view? What's my point of view? Most people DO take care of the casual players. They teach them how to play etc. It's up to every newb and his dogs how much they want to put into the game. We can't force them to play actively, nor can we force them to learn the game.

When I play, I take care of the noobs I meet on my way and try to teach them as good as I can. So I refuse to let anyone say that my attitudes ruins the game.

The noobs learns by failing, not sitting in a winner galaxy. And a new player surely doesn't expect to sit in a good galaxy or have a good round rankwise. Besides, who said the game is only fun when you're winning? You can still have lots of fun without having a huge planet that receives no incs because they sit in a top-notch galaxy.
Unread 1 Feb 2006, 15:41   #35
Razgriz
Retired FCHC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thex
Well take over the galaxy and exile the inactives then (assuming you're not GC). I can't believe that when everyone joined the galaxy they all would vote for, and never changce a vote for, a GC that's inactive. Use you political skills - get the galaxy to vote for you - install your own ministers and start exiling.
I am GC, the members i wish to exile are in a bp of their own. i've tried to help them countless times - letting them know how to use irc, how to apply for alliances, how to start their planet, everything. i'm lucky if i get a response.

I'm not one for exiling newbies but i've helped all i can

Unread 1 Feb 2006, 15:47   #36
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

One solution for this is to do what's being done with inactives. If you are in an inactive buddypack, dont login for three days, then you will be exiled. After that you can just login again and reenter the universe. Three days unable to do anything is punishment enough.
Unread 1 Feb 2006, 15:47   #37
Razgriz
Retired FCHC

you could say: "you've made your bed now sleep in it" but i'm increasingly demoralised that i cannot make the galaxy work because of the bp exile rule

Unread 1 Feb 2006, 15:48   #38
PaLiNDRoMe
I like Red

PaLiNDRoMe is infamous around these partsPaLiNDRoMe is infamous around these partsPaLiNDRoMe is infamous around these parts

Zzhou, very good point.

I think most people are viewing the standard buddy pack of 5, but what about the 2,3,4s?

Last round, my gal almost had a split with the buddy pack. Part of them were going to exile because of alliance war and it almost happened. In the end it didn't, kinda hurt our gal but in the end we did okay. What is funny is that 1 week two allys can be enemies and the next week they are NAPed. A lot of time these decisions are based off of limited wars and so allowing the self-exile in this case would be neglectful because its just the easy way out.

Basically though, I don't think it should be allowed to self exile with a 5 member bp. BUT why not let it be a vote with the BP itself? Smart BPs won't have 3 members of the same ally togehter, usually its 2, 2 and 1 or something like that. So say if majority needed to vote someone out, it wouldn't be so bias. The reason i say this is because if you end up having an inactive in your BP (who is usually a great player), what are you supposed to do? The point of the game is competition, and you have to weed out the idlers to do this.

So, although i don't agree with self-exile, having a method of exiling others would still be useful and if limited, couldn't be abused.
_______
PaLiNDRoMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2006, 15:53   #39
PaLiNDRoMe
I like Red

PaLiNDRoMe is infamous around these partsPaLiNDRoMe is infamous around these partsPaLiNDRoMe is infamous around these parts

Ah! an idea!

Gals that have problems with inactive buddy packs.

Why not let the gals exile the WHOLE buddy pack? Say there is a BP of 3 people and all inactive, let the GC do a vote but the whole BP has to go.

This will solve inactive BPs, wouldn't it?

(this problem was in another thread)
_______
PaLiNDRoMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2006, 16:37   #40
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

We can solve all of this by making ticks every 2 hours.
Unread 1 Feb 2006, 16:40   #41
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
We can solve all of this by making ticks every 2 hours.

I guess you mean by doing that it makes it less time consuming so easier to play for less actives ?
#multihunters
----------------------------
Former HC - Conspiracy Theory -
- Proud to have served as -
- High Commander and CEO -
[]LCH[] ...lets change history
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2006, 16:56   #42
Razgriz
Retired FCHC

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaLiNDRoMe
Ah! an idea!

Gals that have problems with inactive buddy packs.

Why not let the gals exile the WHOLE buddy pack? Say there is a BP of 3 people and all inactive, let the GC do a vote but the whole BP has to go.

This will solve inactive BPs, wouldn't it?

(this problem was in another thread)
Thought of that myself, problem is what if a couple of members are in fact active and you want to keep them.....

Unread 1 Feb 2006, 17:33   #43
Zeke

Zeke is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I think it's a good idea to not allow BP-members to exile. That forces them to work together. If you think your BP is shit, then try to look at what you can do better. Remember: It was your own choice to buddy-up with them, so ****ing deal with it instead of running around whining on the forums about it.

Yeah yeah well ok here is my story:

I started with searching for my buddypack in my preshuffle gal, and I found 2 players that promised to be veeeery active and have an ally already and they weill be top100 in not time and what so ever, now 1 has gone inactive, and the other one hasn't even logged in since tick start.
Then I have 2 other people in my bp, that are friends of mine in rl, they only played round 3 and 4, but they are kind of noobs. So I got 2 inactive and 2 nubs(of which one is not active) in my bp, that put together with two 0 roids player(who can be exiled ofc) and 2 inactive nubs and only 1 player that is okay in my opinion was my gal after shuffle. So and whats now? Ofc it is my decision of whom I bp with, but there is another thing but PA, called real life and that often leads to player just not logging in pa anymore and forget about that they even had an account, nobody can foresee whom is going to happen anything real shit in rl or anything else, forcing him to quit.

And an addition, someone said, it is good to let bp member not exile, because it would force the galaxy more together and you have to think about what your doing wrong if your bp doesn't work right...

well thats easily said, when all bp don't log in, there is nobody you can look with, what you want to change and if a galaxy is forced well together, players won't exile, so don't come with anything, that bp have to be locked in galaxy, that's one of the most stupid things I've ever heard, sry....

Last edited by Zeke; 1 Feb 2006 at 17:58.
Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2006, 17:52   #44
Zeke

Quote:
One solution for this is to do what's being done with inactives. If you are in an inactive buddypack, dont login for three days, then you will be exiled. After that you can just login again and reenter the universe. Three days unable to do anything is punishment enough.

why punishment? its is not your fault, when your bps dont login is it? Nobody could have foreseen that they will get rl problems, or anything else making them go inactive...

And to that: Get your galg going, get yourself voted as gc, elect ministers and exile all inactives.

How can you even get gc, when there is nobodyl online, then how can you exile someone with the ministers you elected, when they are all inactive, but its not because you elected the inactives, its because there are no actives, or at least not enough.

This is a free round, but imagine you had paid for it? You are an experienced player, having a good start and a good ally from start on, then you land in a inactive gal with your bp members, who have promised to be so freakin online every day and now aren't, due to whatever, and you are stuck. WIth other words, you will then if you cannot exile quit, as it is no fun anymore, so you paid for nothing... (I know this round is free...)
Unread 1 Feb 2006, 17:53   #45
Zeke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razgriz
I am GC, the members i wish to exile are in a bp of their own. i've tried to help them countless times - letting them know how to use irc, how to apply for alliances, how to start their planet, everything. i'm lucky if i get a response.

I'm not one for exiling newbies but i've helped all i can
same here :/
Unread 1 Feb 2006, 18:11   #46
Nadar
I see you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke
Yeah yeah well ok here is my story:

I started with searching for my buddypack in my preshuffle gal, and I found 2 players that promised to be veeeery active and have an ally already and they weill be top100 in not time and what so ever, now 1 has gone inactive, and the other one hasn't even logged in since tick start.
Then I have 2 other people in my bp, that are friends of mine in rl, they only played round 3 and 4, but they are kind of noobs. So I got 2 inactive and 2 nubs(of which one is not active) in my bp, that put together with two 0 roids player(who can be exiled ofc) and 2 inactive nubs and only 1 player that is okay in my opinion was my gal after shuffle. So and whats now? Ofc it is my decision of whom I bp with, but there is another thing but PA, called real life and that often leads to player just not logging in pa anymore and forget about that they even had an account, nobody can foresee whom is going to happen anything real shit in rl or anything else, forcing him to quit.

And an addition, someone said, it is good to let bp member not exile, because it would force the galaxy more together and you have to think about what your doing wrong if your bp doesn't work right...

well thats easily said, when all bp don't log in, there is nobody you can look with, what you want to change and if a galaxy is forced well together, players won't exile, so don't come with anything, that bp have to be locked in galaxy, that's one of the most stupid things I've ever heard, sry....
You see that you created this situation on your own right? I for one would never ask random people to join my BP.

oh and... sign you negrep next time Zeke

Last edited by Nadar; 1 Feb 2006 at 18:20.
Nadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2006, 18:44   #47
Zeke

did I forget? o0 whoops

Well in my situation it was I wanted to play with my 2 rl friends as it would be more fun, and to minimize the risk of getting into a **** gal I got 2 other players that seemed active from a different timezone. So in my case it is just that I wanted to be in same gal with my rl friends, but not being stuck in it if everyone doenst play...

Yeah ofc I created this situation of my own, that's why I am asking pa team to change the bp exile system, as I think I am not the only one feeling so :/

And nadar if all your 4 pb members whould have a car accident and die (worst caste ofc) then and you landed in a not that good/active gal anyway, but wanted to play the round then you would feel the same I guess
Unread 1 Feb 2006, 18:44   #48
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
From my point of view? What's my point of view? Most people DO take care of the casual players. They teach them how to play etc. It's up to every newb and his dogs how much they want to put into the game. We can't force them to play actively, nor can we force them to learn the game.
Except we arent talking about forcing them to play actively or anything of the sort. You are ranting against something nobody suggested. We arent talking about being in a super galaxy or playing super active, we are talking about giving people the simple chance to play alongside at least somewhat active players. Because right now some people are stuck in galaxies that dont allow them a basic level of play.

Quote:
When I play, I take care of the noobs I meet on my way and try to teach them as good as I can. So I refuse to let anyone say that my attitudes ruins the game.
The fact that you teach noobs doesnt have anythign to do with your attitude on this thread, which has indeed been quite hostile to the concerns of lesser players.

Quote:
The noobs learns by failing,
No, new/inexperienced players learn by playing, and yes while playing failures can teach. But a new/inexperienced player learns absolutely nothing by being stuck in a galaxy full of inactives that they cant escape from while others can because they made the pretick choice to be in a bp. All that player learns is that Planetarion sucks.

Quote:
not sitting in a winner galaxy. And a new player surely doesn't expect to sit in a good galaxy or have a good round rankwise.
Of course not, but who on earth said they should? Giving people in hopeles gals a chance for escape has nothing to do with expecting to be in a top galaxy. It has to do with expecting to get a chance to play the game to some minimum level of satisfaction, somethign that it isnt unreasonable for anyone to expect.

Quote:
Besides, who said the game is only fun when you're winning?
You are the only person on this thread talking about winning. You seem to be completely out of touch with those people whos concern is not being stranded for the round. These people know they wont be winning and really dont care if they win or not, they just want to play.

Quote:
You can still have lots of fun without having a huge planet that receives no incs because they sit in a top-notch galaxy.
But you cant have much of any fun in a completely inactive galaxy. Which is what the rest of us are discussing.

Last edited by K-W; 1 Feb 2006 at 19:07.
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2006, 19:08   #49
Nadar
I see you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-W
*blip*
You know that if your galaxy, including your BP, is totally inactive, that if you ask PA Team they will most likely help you exile right? I know for sure in r13 (and maybe the rounds after aswell) when you only had 1 exile, PA Team would exile you until you ended in a reasonable galaxy suited for your planet. Example: A guy had 2mill score and was in a gal with 500k score planets.

The galaxy-system will never be fair. Some people will always gain advantage by pure luck. That's how it is, that's what we've dealt with for 16 rounds (excluding fully private rounds).

And on another note: You don't need a good galaxy, nor a good BP, to do good. You can be the only active person in the galaxy and still get a good position. Just look at what Kretin did. He didn't need his galaxy at all. He could just aswell be in a 1-man galaxy and still do good. He got roided into small bits of dust every single day, still it didn't matter. If you don't know how to XP-wh0re, it's about time you learn about it. The XP-system is designed so that you can have a good game no matter what galaxy you're sitting in.
Unread 1 Feb 2006, 19:10   #50
Seed of Chaos
Pr0f3ss10na1 P30n

Seed of Chaos will become famous soon enoughSeed of Chaos will become famous soon enough

I actually think this is going to be better for new players. The BP exiling causes a "polarisation" of galaxies that causes some to be ludcrously good and some to be ludicrously bad. But if BP members are not allowed to exile, almost every gal would have a decent base to build on. Yes there are crappy bp's. But in my experience, most bp's are fairly passable at least. The problem is that people often want to take the easy way out. If your gal ain't top 100 at the start, the chances are bp will exile themselves instead of making an effort to drag the gal up. Heck a lot of people keep exiling till they get to into AT LEAST a top 50 gal. But ofc not all gals can be top 50. Yes your BP might be really shit and forseen circumstances might occurr but I think those are minority cases. Newbies who are in BP's are also in the minority I reckon. This non-exile system is more friendly towards those random planet newbies as the chances are whichever gal you're in you stand a good chance of being with a couple of active people at least. And it doesn't take more than a couple of active players to make a gal decent, especially not with the modern scoring formulas. Yes you can think of scenarios where this new system would cause newbies to quit, BUT, with the old system I can ALSO think up scenarios such as newbies exiling and keep ending up in dead galaxies till they get frustrated that would ALSO result in them quitting. These scenarios in theory should be reduced with the new system in place.

Last edited by Seed of Chaos; 1 Feb 2006 at 19:15.
Seed of Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote