User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 13 Jul 2005, 10:35   #1
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Is GD dying?

If so what do you think we can do about it. Perhaps try and encourage more friends to join the forums, perhaps be a bit more open to planetarion players when they first want to join GD or even encourage them to join GD? But lets face it threads are hardly being posted in like they were even 12 months ago, or maybe because the threads are just as shit as this thread.

I dont know what it is GD but we have a responsibility to fix it!
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 10:50   #2
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future
Re: Is GD dying?

GD has been dead for a long time. The problem is it became inhabited by far to many uninteresting people and the good posters left. I remember when I used to come on here, spend hours trawling posts but laughing out loud and many a fine post, nowadays its all just political/literary/useless drivel.
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 10:54   #3
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

gordon dyes his hair

koen should but doesn't

other than that you're waffling crap
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 11:15   #4
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend

I dont think the board is dieing. Its fairly active for the amount of members. Alot of the threads are a waste of time but it passes a few mins posting pointless crap.
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 11:28   #5
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madina
I dont think the board is dieing. Its fairly active for the amount of members. Alot of the threads are a waste of time but it passes a few mins posting pointless crap.

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.
pyirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 11:29   #6
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
If so what do you think we can do about it. Perhaps try and encourage more friends to join the forums, perhaps be a bit more open to planetarion players when they first want to join GD or even encourage them to join GD? But lets face it threads are hardly being posted in like they were even 12 months ago, or maybe because the threads are just as shit as this thread.

It happens occasionally.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 11:58   #7
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

GD died long ago. it is now an undead forum. See, since the undead have no willpower, they just go to the places that they enjoyed in life (this is why in Dawn of dead, they all went to the mall) and we are a bit like that. when we were alive, we posted here, and since we are .... oh stuff it.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 12:38   #8
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig

You know, the same thought was had by GD members 12 months ago. 12 months before that I had thought the same of GD. What I have come to realise is that GD is not dying, it is evolving. What many of the present posters reminisce about as being the glory days of GD come from the point in time I used to think GD was in decline. It all depends on which point you entered into this whole deal, and which areas you associated with the strongest.

GD is like any social circle, people come and people leave. Old ties are severed that leave you feeling that things will never be the same, that the long line of the greats has been severed, but then new ties are formed, other people with new ideas, some of them alien in concept but you learn to get along all the same.

Basically we've become the internet equivelent of grumpy old men. Poking and prodding at the new guys saying 'sheesh.. y's remember dem good ole' days, they just don't make 'em like they used ta!'.
djbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 13:00   #9
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

One problem is the ammount of neg rep's some people hand out, even if the post isnt bad at all.
This seems to be mostly directed to the newcomers, like this: http://pirate.planetarion.com/showth...=186366&page=2 (scroll down to PSH's post).
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 13:04   #10
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

GD has been "dying" for about three years I haven't really noticed a huge fall in posts recently.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 13:46   #11
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
One problem is the ammount of neg rep's some people hand out, even if the post isnt bad at all.
This seems to be mostly directed to the newcomers, like this: http://pirate.planetarion.com/showth...=186366&page=2 (scroll down to PSH's post).
Agreed.

Actually, I also think people should concentrate on not posting alot more. For example that Cricket thread just now, where yawhe stopped by to tell original poster to go away, and a couple of other people posted just to say cricket was boring and not a real sport.

Thread was correctly labeled, and just as with the London Bomb Jokes thread, if you find the subject Offensive / Boring / Shit either skip it, or barring that, atleast derail with something moderatly interesting.

[edit]
Ohh,, and the reason I actually enjoy this forum now is the moderatly low posting speed. Keeping track doesn't take all that much concentration, so it fits in quite naturally with the breaks I take from not working on my master thesis.. and there are still plenty of interesting people here and the signal/noise ratio is fairly decent.
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 13:57   #12
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think there are fewer threads lately but it's just the summer dip.

As regards new members, while I personally have never done anything to alienate them from contributing, when I see someone new going through their "baptism of insults" I think in some ways it's a good thing because if they don't have what it takes to persevere and fight back in the right way, they're finding out early that they're not going to enjoy being a member. I'm not going to step in and defend them, but I like to think a little pos rep with an encouraging message can be worthwhile.

I've always posted with the simple rule in mind that you don't say anything to someone online that you wouldn't say to their face. We do seem to have a very negative minority who think GD is only about being mean and cynical, when there's other things too, no really, stop laughing.

One final thought (as I'm waffling a fair bit), I sometimes wonder if we're depriving the PA players of a forum that's rightfully theirs. :eek:
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 14:17   #13
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

It is often true that the new members are mistreated somewhat. People see a name they've not seen before (or a small postcount), and it is suddenly a lot less excusable for them to type with poor grammar and spelling than it would be for a GD regular. See the cricket thread for a recent example. Oh yeah and everyone that posts is labelled a gimmick by at least one person.

A lot of this is brought on by themselves however. Someone like Perle came in with an idiot thread ("the british are terrorists" or whatever) in his first post. Not wise when a large number of GD regulars are British, and even those that don't give a shit about Britain just saw it as objectively wrong.

And then there is Chika. For his first few dozen posts, he seemingly just randomly insulted everyone on GD. This gets annoying even with well known people (Sunday8pm) but when some random unknown trolls every thread with insults, they are hardly likely to be accepted.

It's not that you can't become accepted here. dda is now a fairly regular poster despite being called a gimmick by |sk and there are various people that manage to phase in to posting. Many though aren't willing to try.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 14:25   #14
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
One final thought (as I'm waffling a fair bit), I sometimes wonder if we're depriving the PA players of a forum that's rightfully theirs. :eek:
Well thats a very good question, but as jammyjim has said, its not where the forums are we will still post. Planetarion members have the chance to post here as I started doing, its just that some are retards on forums so they cant take the insults and they start going downhill as a poster. So in regard to your question, no I dont think we are as we are all pa players at one point in time, and a fair few of us still are.

By the way, as far as people go to welcoming to the forum I think 1-X was one of the best at welcoming people, especially as far as being accomodating (ie his footy threads etc) I still believe 1-X is one of the best, if not the best posters on these forums
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 14:27   #15
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

I dunno, it's all gone wrong since the end of the football season
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 14:28   #16
pig
1up on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHC
I dunno, it's all gone wrong since the end of the football season
dont worry just over a month and it can all get good again !!!!

Last edited by pig; 13 Jul 2005 at 15:06.
pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 14:29   #17
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I post regularly on 3 other forums, all of which probably have a higher percentage of worthwhile threads, and one of which is far more active than this one. Yet I still continue to read GD, due to liking quite a few people here. If you were to encourage a load of shit posters to sign up, it would just become another run-of-the-mill internet forum full of worthless crap.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 14:52   #18
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

There is a small group of people, lets say around 6-7, who seems to think they are gods gift to GD or something. Even if they usually post drivel/one liners/etc.

The same people are also quite hostile to any newcomer.

Im not saying that one should be totally soft on all newcomers, but telling people to "go die" after they write one post is just far off.
The same goes for neg-repping people for making a thread. If you dont like it, dont read it.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 14:55   #19
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:

Im not saying that one should be totally soft on all newcomers, but telling people to "go die" after they write one post is just far off.
I hope you aren't talking about those faggots that register just to post some kind of marketing link.
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 14:55   #20
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If you dont like getting neg repped, stop making shitty posts.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 14:56   #21
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

ofc not, Silversmoke.
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 15:05   #22
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There is a small group of people, lets say around 6-7, who seems to think they are gods gift to GD or something. Even if they usually post drivel/one liners/etc.

The same people are also quite hostile to any newcomer.

The same goes for neg-repping people for making a thread. If you dont like it, dont read it.
This is true, and in all irony I would consider those people noobs in the general timeline of GD/PA.
djbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 15:06   #23
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

This is why I hate threads like this. it's a silly concept that then degenerates into a lot of whining and name calling.

the bad posters always need to blame someone else for their low status. they never seem quite able to make that logical connection between the fact that they post appalling rubbish and the criticism they then recieve.

it's always easier to blame someone else.

but the truth is perfectly obvious. new people who post quality material are always happily embraced and encouraged

the poor quality posters are just poor quality posters. there is no magic to it: and no one for them to blame but themselves
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 15:10   #24
pig
1up on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
This is why I hate threads like this. it's a silly concept that then degenerates into a lot of whining and name calling.

the bad posters always need to blame someone else for their low status. they never seem quite able to make that logical connection between the fact that they post appalling rubbish and the criticism they then recieve.

but the truth is perfectly obvious. new people who post quality material are always happily embraced and encouraged

the poor quality posters are just poor quality posters. there is no magic to it: and no one for them to blame but themselves
a good point there, that good posters are encouraged and bad posters are discouraged, however to a certain extent maybe we shouldnt be so harsh on bad posters, instead of telling them to fk off, maybe in pm or rep tell them what they are doing wrong. Thats how I have improved my posting to a certain extent and im sure the same applies for others.

What I dont want is a name calling scenario, I think we have some very good posters here, lets leave it at that, what I think should come from a thread like this is constructive advice on how to improve these forums, not name calling etc.
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 15:14   #25
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
a good point there, that good posters are encouraged and bad posters are discouraged, however to a certain extent maybe we shouldnt be so harsh on bad posters, instead of telling them to fk off, maybe in pm or rep tell them what they are doing wrong. Thats how I have improved my posting to a certain extent and im sure the same applies for others.

What I dont want is a name calling scenario, I think we have some very good posters here, lets leave it at that, what I think should come from a thread like this is constructive advice on how to improve these forums, not name calling etc.
oh but advice is given:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
If you dont like getting neg repped, stop making shitty posts.
there is not really much more one can do if one constantly posts shit.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 15:29   #26
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Is GD dying?

Quote:

This is all true.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 15:34   #27
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

I wouldn't say GD is dying.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 15:57   #28
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical Edward
oh but advice is given:

there is not really much more one can do if one constantly posts shit.
Constantly posting shit is one thing, we have Chika for that. I fully endorse any bad treatment he gets (although as DDA said, the best thing to do against him would probably be to pos-rep and treat him nicely).

Posting "shit" once is something different though. I'm sure very few of us here actually much contributed much in their first posts. I know I didn't atleast.
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 16:01   #29
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place

it has always been a rough initiation around here
it weeds out the weak of spirit

am reasonably sure i am still regarded as a wittering annoyance around the place
i just dont give a crap
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 16:03   #30
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madi

am reasonably sure i am still regarded as a wittering annoyance around the place
i just dont give a crap
It's an attitude which does you credit.
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 16:12   #31
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madi

i just dont give a crap
actually when we see the last post was by madi, we click on it quickly to see if you've mentioned your pants again
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 18:16   #32
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I don't know if GD is dying or not. I hope not because I enjoy it.

I often post crap just because I want to be a part of the conversation. However, I generally try to stay out ot threads that I can't possibly comprehend. (Football, cricket, anything about computers or other technology)

I was not greeted with open arms by all but got some very nice explanations even from some who neg reped me early on (Nusselt was very helpful as was Ste). Some of our more cantankerous members (Yahwe comes to mind) while not always charming are very often witty.

I have to say that I enjoy every one of you. (This is a statement that probably should be neg repped and probably will be by someone.) I am constantly amazed by the level of intelligence of most of the people on this forum and their ability to state and defend a position even when shouted at by others.

So, while I have no idea what GD was like before, I really enjoy what it is now. i just hope that our younger members don't outgrow us an go away. I would like to watch and see how your views grow and change over time.

Thanks a lot to everyone.

---dda
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 18:50   #33
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend

Oh the periodic 'GD is dying' phase. How I loathe it.

GD is not dying. The number of regular users has dramatically fallen since I started using these boards. I don't know how many familiar faces and friends I have seen go. I don't know how many 'GD is dying' threads I have seen in the ohholymotherof**** 4 and a half years I have been posting here for. Still we continue.

As for the way we treat newcomers - think of it as an initiation. It's not out of malice. We give shit to people who post crap regardless of whether they are newcomers or old faces. There are countless board members who have joined this forum with no hassle, who have fitted straight in. I am sure there are many who have come, have observed the forum and who have buggered off sharpish realising it's not for them. I know most forums I have joined encourage new users to lurk for a while, get the feel of the place before posting. It'd be nice if newcomers did that here instead of jumping in and posting utter utter tosh and then getting flamed to hell for it - if they'd bother browsing first they'd save everyone a lot of hassle. At the end of the day the feel of this board is down to the users - new people can fit in but not all of them will and I don't think we have any need to apologise for that. It's like asking every regular on this forum to apologise for being the people they are.

With regard to whether we are stealing the board from actual PA players - **** it. We were all, at one time or another, PA players. Why shouldn't we post here? Personally I don't give a damn who posts on this board as long as they don't fill it with crap and then get pissy because we tell them they are posting crap.

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 18:57   #34
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
I don't know if GD is dying or not. I hope not because I enjoy it.

I often post crap just because I want to be a part of the conversation. However, I generally try to stay out ot threads that I can't possibly comprehend. (Football, cricket, anything about computers or other technology)

I was not greeted with open arms by all but got some very nice explanations even from some who neg reped me early on (Nusselt was very helpful as was Ste). Some of our more cantankerous members (Yahwe comes to mind) while not always charming are very often witty.

I have to say that I enjoy every one of you. (This is a statement that probably should be neg repped and probably will be by someone.) I am constantly amazed by the level of intelligence of most of the people on this forum and their ability to state and defend a position even when shouted at by others.

So, while I have no idea what GD was like before, I really enjoy what it is now. i just hope that our younger members don't outgrow us an go away. I would like to watch and see how your views grow and change over time.

Thanks a lot to everyone.

---dda
I <3 you dda, and quite a lot of us have made a post like this at some point or another. I did one when i was on E, manson did one not so long ago when he was drunk.

It's nice to have self affirming love ins every now and again.

<3 <3 <3
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 19:34   #35
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

Anyway we just got a 6 page thread at number 1 and 2 in the google search rankings for London bombing jokes. GD is alive with the sound of music.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 19:59   #36
Thermodynamics
Powering your life...

Thermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I agree- the established posters/those with long impressive bars of green blobs rarely get neg repped [in sofar as I can see] but newcomers get plenty- and usually get torn to shreds too which I think is a general disincentive to become an active member of GD.

PS. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 20:27   #37
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute

i think gd should stop leeching off the pa forums and startup their own. call it the clownshoe forums or something but jj would still be the admin ofc.
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 21:27   #38
1-X
overtired

I took a quick look through the list of top 100 posters, all of whom have made 1400+ posts, and I got to #59 before I found someone who hadn't visited GD recently. Does that prove GD isn't dying?

#59 IncubusGod
24 Apr 2005

#62 Pyr0 MK III
8 May 2005

#63 sayonara
7 Jun 2005

#66 Starbucks
28 Feb 2005

#69 Intrepid00
16 Nov 2004

#71 Bloomers III
21 Dec 2004

#84 ParraCida
19 Apr 2005

#85 HobbieRogue4
24 Nov 2004

See anyone you miss?

(The memberlist doesn't show banned ppl, otherwise users like Sunday8pm/Evergreen would be there too.)

Last edited by 1-X; 13 Jul 2005 at 21:28. Reason: just pointing out that obviously I ignored the non-GD posters
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 22:00   #39
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
See anyone you miss?
nope.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 22:21   #40
Thermodynamics
Powering your life...

Thermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to behold

I don't recognise a single name in that list. Odd indeed, I shall pay more attention to "who" is posting in future.
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 22:34   #41
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks
GD has been "dying" for about three years I haven't really noticed a huge fall in posts recently.
Hicks speaks the truth.

Mind you everytime this subject comes up, all us old-timers always say "it wasn't as good as used to be".

Having said that though, this forum isn't as bad as some I have seen on the web. So I guess it's not really all that dead.
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 22:43   #42
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Only mostly dead.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 22:53   #43
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I miss Bloomers.
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 22:58   #44
1-X
overtired

IncubusGod (or Icy as I believe he preferred to be called) was a good poster, told some good stories. Didn't people keep killing themselves in his garden or something?

Anyway, I think he left "in a huff" after some neg-rep
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 23:02   #45
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I enjoy succinct posts, so here goes:

No.
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 23:06   #46
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermodynamics
I shall pay more attention to "who" is posting in future.
I am paying strict attention to EVERYONE on GD. I am making dossiers and shipping them straight off to Homeland Security. You should all be on the "no fly" list very soon. DM should be able to get out of the country but he might find it difficult to get back in.
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 23:11   #47
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute

ok make it so phil can't fly back home to scotland ta
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 23:14   #48
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
I am paying strict attention to EVERYONE on GD.
Even Flavius? That's brave.
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 23:17   #49
dda
USS Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryn
ok make it so phil can't fly back home to scotland ta
This would, indeed, be a worthy use of such power.
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 01:18   #50
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
Erm, there has not been any name calling in this thread. But why are you having GUILTY spelled out in your forehead?

Quote:
If that was true, you would have as many red blobs as Chicka