User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 4 Jul 2004, 03:13   #1
Alunan

Alunan is infamous around these partsAlunan is infamous around these partsAlunan is infamous around these parts
Ooooh Burn

Is there any moral problem with just sending Basiliks and Hornets against someone. Lots and lots of those?

I sent such a fleet against this 800 roid guy, who was doing fairly well. He only has 200 some roids now, a score of 300k, and no ability to make ships (as far as I know), as well as a few wave amplifiers down. I feel kind of like I am burning and pillaging when I am doing that, instead of just stealing.

How badly does it hurt the guy when you do that, and does it decrease the chance of retaliation?
Alunan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2004, 03:24   #2
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
Re: Ooooh Burn

It'd probably make them pissed :)

Structure killers are useful if you're at war with the target, and are out to damage them as well as just to roid them. Taking out factories and mines can be extremely time-consuming for them to fix, and provides an alternative to the old fleetcatch.
Unread 4 Jul 2004, 07:15   #3
Blazde
Elysium

Blazde is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alunan
Is there any moral problem with just sending Basiliks and Hornets against someone. Lots and lots of those?
You should discuss this fully with your reverand, but I've always viewed burning in hell as well worth it to see those combat reports.
Blazde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2004, 09:45   #4
Alunan

Alunan is infamous around these partsAlunan is infamous around these partsAlunan is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazde
You should discuss this fully with your reverand, but I've always viewed burning in hell as well worth it to see those combat reports.
Hehehehe

I feel naughty, cause I know its just rubbing salt in the wound. Ooops all you can build is 3rd Tier ships? And your Xan? Wow sucks to be you!
Alunan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2004, 10:15   #5
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think you should get XP for killing structures (you don't, by the way) :/
Unread 4 Jul 2004, 11:56   #6
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

planetarion in rewarding bashing shocker?

-mist
mist is offline   Reply With Quote