User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 26 Jan 2003, 01:34   #1
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
Smile So..

..im probably gonna go for it

in T- 19 days

i, craig peters

will ask my current girlfriend to marry me

how i go about it, was while perched on the toilet, as i knew "mans most profound thoughts happen on the chair"

so i thought about the best way

I buy a ring, i got one in mind, but i will probably try and get beckys opinion at least a week beforehand so i have enough time to rush it up to argos cribbs causeway where a ex-workmate can do engraving. I will buy a bear in the bear factory and attach or hide the ring on it somehow and give it the voice along the lines of will you marry me

anything else i dont know really

especially about the night

we will be IN swansea, but we could get anyway because of trains possibly to london

what i was thinking was getting 2 first class tickets on a train to london

the problem is

I DONT KNOW **** ABOUT LONDON!!

anyone know any good resturants etc?

[mental note] LOG OUT IN CASE SHE DECIDES TO COME ON HERE[/mental note]
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2003, 01:52   #2
Pilatus

Pilatus has a spectacular aura aboutPilatus has a spectacular aura about
Just ask her to marry you. It won't matter where you do it as long as you love here. I don't think you'll need to go to London to find a Romantic place to propose to her.

There's probably enough romantic places in Swansea.
Pilatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2003, 01:53   #3
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

why are all my posts considered spam

the lack of replys is disheartening
Unread 26 Jan 2003, 01:55   #4
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Quote:
Originally posted by Pilatus
There's probably enough romantic places in Swansea.
hahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhaaha
Unread 26 Jan 2003, 01:55   #5
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Starbucks

buy her a onion ring and ask her to marry you.

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2003, 01:56   #6
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Quote:
Originally posted by Mirai
buy her a onion ring and ask her to marry you.
"simpsons did it"
Unread 26 Jan 2003, 01:57   #7
Jammers

Jammers has a little shameless behaviour in the past
propose using a cheap plastic ring from one of those dodgy 20pence machines, and if all goes well substitute for a real one later. It saves money in the event of things going horribly wrong.
Unread 26 Jan 2003, 01:58   #8
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

QazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:

Its ok, happens to me too.

Dont worry, you'll get used to it.

heh
Quote:
Originally posted by Yahwe
Gay ducks only do it because it impresses their peers.
QazokRouge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2003, 01:58   #9
Freakozoid
Anon.

Freakozoid is an unknown quantity at this point
Nandos.
Freakozoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2003, 02:02   #10
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Quote:
Originally posted by Jammers
propose using a cheap plastic ring from one of those dodgy 20pence machines, and if all goes well substitute for a real one later. It saves money in the event of things going horribly wrong.
if there is one thing ive learnt about women, is that they somehow know jewellry, its as if its etched into the brain
Unread 26 Jan 2003, 02:04   #11
Jammers

Jammers has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
if there is one thing ive learnt about women, is that they somehow know jewellry, its as if its etched into the brain

copious amounts of alcohol should solve that problem, as well as making her more agreeable
Unread 26 Jan 2003, 02:07   #12
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Quote:
Originally posted by Jammers
copious amounts of alcohol should solve that problem, as well as making her more agreeable
no
Unread 26 Jan 2003, 02:51   #13
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
[disclaimer]asking for advice on an internet gaming forum, which currently includes threads relating to the forums own moderator nearly getting fired and his subsequent toilet activities isnt the greatest idea in the world [/disclaimer]

but never mind. Ill give you my 2 pennys worth.

Dont go to London, i live near work in and have finally learned to not exactly 'love' but come to an 'understanding' with the city. The first visit is always the worst. I doubt you're looking to go clubbing, i assume its a westend play with a night in a hotel type experience. The train journey to london and back will be shít, even with first class tickets. In addition to which any delays will ruin the experience.

Find the best restaurant you can within a 1 hr drive. Spend the money on the meal and the ring.

A naff bear spouting a tinny voice asking her to marry you, is not the best thought you have ever had.

In all seriousness, spend as much as you can on the ring, its all that will remind her of the 'moment'. The rest on dinner.

Yes its not very original, but at least you know what you're dealing with.
Nusselt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2003, 03:03   #14
Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed is infamous around these partsMr. Ed is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Pilatus

There's probably enough romantic places in Swansea. [/b]
Not in Mumbles, mind...
Mr. Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2003, 03:03   #15
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Quote:
Originally posted by Nusselt
[disclaimer]asking for advice on an internet gaming forum, which currently includes threads relating to the forums own moderator nearly getting fired and his subsequent toilet activities isnt the greatest idea in the world [/disclaimer]

but never mind. Ill give you my 2 pennys worth.

Dont go to London, i live near work in and have finally learned to not exactly 'love' but come to an 'understanding' with the city. The first visit is always the worst. I doubt you're looking to go clubbing, i assume its a westend play with a night in a hotel type experience. The train journey to london and back will be shít, even with first class tickets. In addition to which any delays will ruin the experience.
got the idea with the play, she likes plays, ESPECIALLY musicals

the trains are usually not that late, and first class isnt anything special apart from the fact its called that and you get free coffee (and wine on friday nights)

The delays will be unlikely on the first great western between swansea and london paddington, rarely anything happens and its a speedy line, takes 2 1/2 hours max from swansea to london paddington

and your disclaimer is well noted, and thought of before making this thread
Quote:
Find the best restaurant you can within a 1 hr drive. Spend the money on the meal and the ring.
problem: i dont have a car, this is a problem. within 1 hours drive is cardiff, but even so, renting a car is pointless and more expensive

i am therefore left with swansea, which only has a pizza express, no other resteraunt is worth mentioning as they are useually jointly takeaways as well
Quote:
A naff bear spouting a tinny voice asking her to marry you, is not the best thought you have ever had. [/b]
i had it on the toilet, all thoughts on the toilet are a mans best thoughts, FACT

this has been backed up by my friends girlfriend who works in the bear factory and says it has a "great effect all the time, and most think its "cute"" becky likes cute things
Quote:
In all seriousness, spend as much as you can on the ring, its all that will remind her of the 'moment'. The rest on dinner.
[/b]
that i intend to do really bear and train tickets are 70 max, ive got arond 400 saved for the night from overtime over christmas, i was gonna spend it on a new processor and motherboard, but what the hey

the ring im thinking of spending around 160 pounds on, the engraving if i get it done is free
Quote:
Yes its not very original, but at least you know what you're dealing with. [/b]
i dont like being original, im eccentric, rawr

so everything must have lots of special "touches" to it, and i will make damn sure everything goes to plan
Unread 26 Jan 2003, 03:04   #16
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Ed
Not in Mumbles, mind...
comedy "do the mumbles mile and propose on the last pub" option

Unread 26 Jan 2003, 03:11   #17
Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed is infamous around these partsMr. Ed is infamous around these parts
Quote:

Im coming along if you decide to do that!
Mr. Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 09:06   #18
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
I don't really have anything to say here, exept:

*bump*
and
good luck mate!
(Pizza resturants and kebab joints are dead romatick, no?)
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 09:50   #19
Ğiscorporation

Quote:
Originally posted by Snurx
I don't really have anything to say here, exept:

*bump*
and
good luck mate!
(Pizza resturants and kebab joints are dead romatick, no?)
do the Snurx!
\\:eek:\\:eek://:eek:/

Starbucks, show her this thread. That'd do the trick
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 09:52   #20
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Quote:
Originally posted by ĞiSCoRPoRaTioN
do the Snurx!
\\:eek:\\:eek://:eek:/
Only if we can ĞiSCo first!

-/\--:eek:/
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 09:57   #21
Spearhead
Beyond The Sun

Spearhead is an unknown quantity at this point
hey starbucks,

congratulations man, i dont know London very well, but i would try to go to a place where you first met if it was something nice, about the ring dont tell her !!! dont ruine your suprise

best of luck!!! and congrats from all of us
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 09:59   #22
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of
Quote:

A thread in wich you share your private and personal intent to marry your loved one is such excellent discussion material. It touches everyone on here, you know.

It certainly isn't spam.
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 15:34   #23
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Having someone ask you to marry them and then. if the answer is 'yes', spending 2½ hours on a train, WHATEVER the destination, does not seem to me the ideal finale to an evening you want to feel 'special' about for the rest of your life.

I understand the point about cars, but if renting is the problem, arrange for a limo to turn up 10 minutes after you plan to propose. Where it takes you probably won't matter, as long as it has a ice bucket and a bottle of champagne.

From my brothers' experiences of asking their future wives to marry them, the very last thing you want to do is make any part of it long-winded.

Ask her, kiss her, toast her, shag her seems to be the way it goes.

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 15:38   #24
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
If she says no, the train ride back is going to be 2 and a half of hours of PURE FUN
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 15:58   #25
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
goto london
stay in london

id suggest the london eye but it will take ages to get back down and if the answer is no then your buggered.

try just finding a spot overlooking the serpantine or thames thats 'pretty'.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 19:56   #26
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Quote:
Originally posted by Rids
If she says no, the train ride back is going to be 2 and a half of hours of PURE FUN
after this and what dead meat said, its a fair good point

**** it

might do it tonight
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 20:39   #27
Zither
Alcoholic

Zither is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Ah the memories Is bentlys still there?

Think there is a 'posh' restraunt out on the gower, remember a friends family visited and took him out to some expensive place for a meal.

<Ahriman> i didn't know they were shemales until i f*cked them...

If you can't win an argument without using insults you have lost the argument already
Zither is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 20:55   #28
p333333
p333333

p333333 can only hope to improve
Talking

Don't do it!

Don't propose!

She wants/needs to have your attention all day long so you can't play behind your comp!

Wait till you're 40 or so then start to think about asking her to marry you if she is still with you which i doubt very much (according to statistics).

Been there, done it, wasted it and doing it again :-)
33:33:33
p333333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 20:59   #29
Vanilla

Vanilla has a spectacular aura aboutVanilla has a spectacular aura aboutVanilla has a spectacular aura about
Restaurants:

Tokyo joes
Atlantic

Both swank but not stuck up.

Places to go:

After go to the Comedy Club in picadilly circus. make sure to buy tickets online beforehand or something. Really funny place, a few hours of stand up comics, damn good time to be had (and DECENT stand up's, not amatuers)
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 21:03   #30
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
In Dutch we sing:

Trouw niet voor je veertig bent,
en alle geheimen van het leven kent....
etc

These people knew what they were talking about

Anyway, goodluck StarBucks!
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote