User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 18 Aug 2007, 17:51   #1
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve
Desktop Thread

Seeing as loads of people hate these kind of threads and we haven't had one in ages, I thought I might as well post up a new one.

Here's my current desk. Wallpaper made by me, using Vista Ultimate, sidebar gadgets found in Windows Live Gallery and icons are from Deviantart on the dock. Am anticipating "mac clone" comments.

Bottom right hand corner is a samurize script I've just modified a bit - look for "crystalite sm" - is a collection of lots of little neat configs.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2007, 18:03   #2
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of
Re: Desktop Thread

You have three clocks.
MrPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2007, 18:03   #3
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of

Actually, you have four clocks. Why so many?
MrPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2007, 18:49   #4
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPeach
Actually, you have four clocks. Why so many?
the one in the top-right hand corner has since been disabled, the vista orb clock i don't even use and is just there as i like the big blue orb, the clock underneath is the only one i use and the other one which is below 3 icons - that gadget comes with it and you can't remove the clock from it.
----------retired-------
Unread 18 Aug 2007, 18:20   #5
Awake
Asleep.

Awake has a spectacular aura aboutAwake has a spectacular aura aboutAwake has a spectacular aura about

http://www.andrewaking.co.uk/awake/awakedesktop.jpg

It's pretty dull.

Plastic Brilliance
Awake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2007, 18:51   #6
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Your background picture says "Road to Nowhere", yet it clearly shows that it is a road to a city. Talk me through this. Talk me through the picture.
Unread 19 Aug 2007, 00:49   #7
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Your background picture says "Road to Nowhere", yet it clearly shows that it is a road to a city. Talk me through this. Talk me through the picture.
you are confused. i will tie you with egg noodle.
----------retired-------
Unread 19 Aug 2007, 02:04   #8
Awake
Asleep.

Awake has a spectacular aura aboutAwake has a spectacular aura aboutAwake has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androme2
you are confused.
While being confused, he does have a point.

Plastic Brilliance
Unread 19 Aug 2007, 21:45   #9
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awake
While being confused, he does have a point.
Maybe the road stops before reaching the city.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2007, 00:36   #10
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Maybe the road stops before reaching the city.
Surely it's not a Road to Nowhere then, but a Road To A Cul-De-Sac or similar?
Unread 18 Aug 2007, 19:57   #11
Awake
Asleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androme2
Seeing as loads of people hate these kind of threads and we haven't had one in ages, I thought I might as well post up a new one.

Here's my current desk. Wallpaper made by me, using Vista Ultimate, sidebar gadgets found in Windows Live Gallery and icons are from Deviantart on the dock. Am anticipating "mac clone" comments.

Bottom right hand corner is a samurize script I've just modified a bit - look for "crystalite sm" - is a collection of lots of little neat configs.
Don't you find the side bar extremely ram guzzling?

Plastic Brilliance
Unread 19 Aug 2007, 00:48   #12
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awake
Don't you find the side bar extremely ram guzzling?
nope my ram is high there because utorrent is running in compatibility mode and is being beh ram intensive - dont ask me why
----------retired-------
Unread 18 Aug 2007, 20:01   #13
Tomkat

The whole thing is pretty pointless. I mean he's devoted a section of his desktop to telling him how many items are in his recycle bin. I can't see how you'd use it often enough to care; also if something is in the recycle bin then usually it means you don't want it anymore...?

I wondered why all those quicklinks at the bottom are needed. Do you really use ALL those programs so often that you need a quick icon link to them, Androme?

Sooping desktops on your computer up is the geek equivalent of painting "Go Faster" stripes on your car.
Unread 18 Aug 2007, 20:05   #14
Tomkat

Oh, and this is my desktop. Not very exciting.
The "startup.bat" file is something I double click on after I start the computer and it loads up iTunes, IRC, Firefox and MSN Messenger. I'd put them all on auto-start every time but sometimes I don't want them all coming on at once.

That's my dog in the background
Unread 18 Aug 2007, 20:07   #15
Awake
Asleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
The "startup.bat" file is something I double click on after I start the computer and it loads up iTunes, IRC, Firefox and MSN Messenger. I'd put them all on auto-start every time but sometimes I don't want them all coming on at once.
Nice idea :-)

Plastic Brilliance
Unread 18 Aug 2007, 20:49   #16
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Mine also falls into the uninteresting catergory.
http://wow.dsm.id.au/images/desktop.jpg
Unread 18 Aug 2007, 22:54   #17
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbass
Mine also falls into the uninteresting catergory.
http://wow.dsm.id.au/images/desktop.jpg
I love the fact that that Joe guy from Westwood Studios looks exactly the same in C&C as he did 10 years ago.
Unread 18 Aug 2007, 20:53   #18
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

pretty bland really but i like it.
Unread 19 Aug 2007, 10:32   #19
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

mine
kind of boring, but my hard disk is about to fall apart any minute now, so there is no point in making it look nice. (and vista is crap, if I have to reinstall my OS, im going back to XP)
Unread 19 Aug 2007, 21:07   #20
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Simple.

The only novel thing I have is Winamp as a thin always-on-top thing at the top of the screen.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2007, 21:38   #21
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

Something must be wrong with my Computer. I cannot do a print screen on it and paste it into something.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2007, 22:10   #22
sale
Bavarian Barbarian

sale is a glorious beacon of lightsale is a glorious beacon of lightsale is a glorious beacon of lightsale is a glorious beacon of lightsale is a glorious beacon of light

why the hell is everybody using vista?
sale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2007, 22:21   #23
Androme
☆ ♥ 

I have XP on dualboot.
----------retired-------
Unread 19 Aug 2007, 22:54   #24
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

Ok I installed some updates and got the print screen working. Here is my desktop. I have some pictures of my wife and her friends for my background.

http://usera.imagecave.com/Jacob/Unt...ueColor-03.jpg

Unread 19 Aug 2007, 23:28   #25
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travler
Ok I installed some updates and got the print screen working. Here is my desktop. I have some pictures of my wife and her friends for my background.

http://usera.imagecave.com/Jacob/Unt...ueColor-03.jpg
what the hell? You're still using Windows 98?!?
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2007, 00:12   #26
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Dave
Yup. Windows 98 Second Edition. Amazing I can even get on the web.

Unread 20 Aug 2007, 00:37   #27
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Dave
We have actually covered this in another thread where Travler states his computer is kind of old.
Unread 19 Aug 2007, 23:09   #28
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend

Here is my desktop.

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/9149/pazz1.jpg

The second screen is my TV.
Unread 20 Aug 2007, 00:38   #29
Awake
Asleep.

That's pretty ace still using Windows 98. Retro OS

Plastic Brilliance
Unread 20 Aug 2007, 05:58   #30
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Oh, this is going to be boring.

And on a high resolution for those who like scrolling.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote