User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 23 Apr 2004, 12:25   #1
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend
Every [iBook] me.

So i've been thinking.

800 quid for an ibook.
I want the small 12" one.
Whatcha think?
I'm not a gamer. Or afraid of a change of system.

Please save your cretinious "Apple sucks" posts for another thread in a different forum.
Also, please dont commit me to the bottomless pit that is, P&IT.

Last edited by Dr. Octagonecologyst; 23 Apr 2004 at 12:31.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2004, 12:43   #2
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Every [iBook] me.

Get rid of the pirate.planetarion.com in your link dude .
Unread 23 Apr 2004, 12:45   #3
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think laptops are generally worthless unless you travel a LOT (people who use them as a replacement for desktop computers are silly), but the ibook is certainly better than most. It actually feels like youre handling a computer, rather than a plastic piece of tacky Tony crap. The keyboard is even worse than that of an average laptop though, which isnt very good.

edit - if I were you, I'd pay the extra 100 for the 14" screen though.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2004, 14:17   #4
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
I think laptops are generally worthless unless you travel a LOT (people who use them as a replacement for desktop computers are silly)
Why?
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2004, 14:26   #5
Cynical Oracle
Poster Professionale

Cynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really nice

Not equally configurable, upgradable, and the stiff prices are quite unreasonable in many cases.

Offcourse, I got both.

Quote:
I wish we could trademark for a less shitty poster
hahahahahahaha, get it?
Cynical Oracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2004, 14:33   #6
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
all of apple's products really are obscenely expensive for what they are.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 23 Apr 2004, 14:54   #7
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of

Quote:
I think laptops are generally worthless unless you travel a LOT (people who use them as a replacement for desktop computers are silly)
Why?

I'd like you to justify that please.
Unread 23 Apr 2004, 18:58   #8
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

If you want a valid point of view, as I work for an Apple Service department...

the iBook's are great. Fast little machines, very very portable and have everything that the Powerbooks have except a matching speed.

It depends what you want it for. If you want fast Photoshop trickery, then I'd go for the bottom end Powerbook (it's also slightly thinner if I recall correctly).

The iBooks themselves are great though. Make sure whatever one you get it has a combo drive - as they rock for playing DVD's on the go or taking to a mates who doesn't have DVD player.

If you're into music (as in playing), GarageBand has just been released in the new version of OS10.3 - it's also a free download off the Apple site. It's basically Cubase, but with not as many features. It's twice as easy to use and infinitely cheaper too.

I'd say go for it. Personally I'm saving for a 17" Powerbook G4, but that's just me and I get them significantly cheaper than store price.

Definitely a good buy.
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2004, 19:35   #9
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

shitty screen, shitty keyboard, feel plasticy and horrible, hideously expensive, poor upgradability.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2004, 19:57   #10
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of

Quote:
shitty screen, shitty keyboard, feel plasticy and horrible, hideously expensive, poor upgradability.
Shitty screen? The size is something yes, but then, they can be small enough to fit comfortably in a bag. And, most modern laptops have a high resolution anyway.

shitty keyboard? In that the tactile response of the keys is slightly different (but that is true of different keyboards in general, and the fact that some of the keys are in different positions, then sure, shitty. Otherwise? Not really, however for me yes, as I have an ergonomic keyboard and can't use a 'normal' straight keyboard for longer than 10 minutes without getting pains in my forearms.

feel plasticy and horrible? well that's personal preference per se, however some makes/models do feel like fisherprice toys.

hideously expensive? So are desktop computers at the end of the day.

poor upgradability? to an extent, yes. It all depends on whether you want to play Quake 6 or half life 5000 or not. If you want something for offiice/email/chat/web/programming, then it doesn't matter. I've had the same basic computer for nearly four years - 1.4gig athlon t-bird, 768mb ram, same abit kg-7 raid mobo, it's only in the last 6 months that I upgraded the gfx card and increased hard drive capacity.

I'm considering replacing this machine with a decent-ish laptop, not sure yet.