User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 4 Mar 2004, 19:58   #51
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Why do people like Fast Cars

either you 'get it' or you dont.

i guess its too difficult to explain.

:/
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2004, 20:02   #52
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
OK, but you said "Anyway, if your the risk taking type then you'll get why fast cars are fun."

According to your definition I'm a risk taker in some ways, but I don't quite get why fast cars are fun.
In some ways you are a risk taker,in alot of ways you might not be. My statement was ment as an indication of why people take risks and hence a subset of these are people who like fast cars.
So to say that everyone is either a risk taker or not,they either get why they are fun or dont is too much of a conclusive jump from what my post was ment to show.

Clearly there are a myriad of combinations of Risk Taker and Play it Safe and everyone would have an element of a risk taker in them.

They example doesnt play into such explicit details as it gets very subjective.

Dont pick it apart saying "Well I take risks and I dont get it", you got my point. The point was that people take risks for a reason. And driving fast is one of those risks.

People who are part of the Risk taking group will be more likley to get why Fast Cars are necessary than people who Play It Safe.
Unread 4 Mar 2004, 20:08   #53
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

i also think there are two caterories of people. those who like fast cars and those who dont.
Unread 4 Mar 2004, 20:13   #54
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

I don't believe that 'take risks' = 'get biotch'

edit: or even that people that drive fast cars do so for the risk of it.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2004, 20:42   #55
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim
I enjoy going fast. I like speed. Therefore fast cars are what i want. That's why I have a VW Polo 1.4GL.

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2004, 00:06   #56
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncubusGod
The fun of acceleration is a big thing I find.

Anyway, if your the risk taking type then you'll get why fast cars are fun. If your the quiet type who dont particulary like risks then you'll never get it. Ever.

There are two main types of people. Risk Takers and Play it Safe people.
Risk Takers get an adreneline and endorphine rush from doing things that are dangerous. This would be needed for the progression of the species. If there were no risk takers we'd have never left africa,crossed oceans, gone into space etc.The higher the risks the bigger the gain for them and their genes.

Play it Safe people are the bankers as regard to the progression of the species. They dont take risks that might endanger themselves or their lineage. They dont see why it is necessary to leave this area of nice fertility. Why it would be necessary to cross oceans,to drive fast.
They don't get adreneline or endorphine rushes from danger. They are just terrified.

Nowadays there are really no more risks to take that mankind can benefit from. So we take risks in things like cars,to go faster,harder,longer. Push ourselves etc.
We use cars as they are the most easily available devices to do this.

So that is why people will have fast cars, its not just the top speed its the acceleration,the handeling, the looks, the statement saying " I TAKE RISKS".
Its a badge to show off to others in the risk takers bracket. Thats why it can get you women.
Yeah youre pretty much right; some view their life as a manifestaition of Byronic heroism as they engage in perpetual battle with the malevonant universe surrounding them, some live only for the elation they feel at the top of the mountain as they take a brief moment's respite before seeking out new challenges, some feel the ever present pull of their dark side as they slide at ever increasing speeds down the helix leading ultimately to self-destruction, some laugh with unbridled ecstacy as they grind the broken skulls of their former enemies under their feet, and some like to sit in red ferarris listening to techno.

Go get 'em tiger.

Last edited by Nodrog; 5 Mar 2004 at 00:12.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2004, 00:35   #57
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Some like to sit on an internet forum and feel important?
Unread 5 Mar 2004, 01:13   #58
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncubusGod

Clearly there are a myriad of combinations of Risk Taker and Play it Safe and everyone would have an element of a risk taker in them.

If you're going to talk about Risk, get the terms right. The three classes of people are:

Risk Loving - your version of Risk Takers; those who will gamble on things if the odds aren't particularly in their favour, but the stakes are high. Those who love to "take a walk on the wild side".
Risk Neutral - the "in-between" people - those who will bet if the odds are generous enough, and the stakes are generous enough. These people will enjoy supposed risky things, so long as there is enough reassurance that they will be safe.
Risk Averse - you put this as "Play It Safe". They will very very rarely gamble on anything, even if the odds are in their favour. They will avoid any kind of risk to them in any way.

I don't really see the link between risk and a fast car though. In fact, having a fast car will probably be safer. The mechanics are of a higher quality, the tyres have more grip, the brakes are likely to be better... so there's less risk involved, if you were driving (say) a Z4, against a Fiesta.
Unread 5 Mar 2004, 01:55   #59
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

DM : im only 19 :-(((((

and its a 1.0litre...
however :

http://users.aber.ac.uk/jat2/phone/Speeding%202.jpg

PHWOAR

one day i shall own one of these :
http://www.koenigsegg.com/
Unread 5 Mar 2004, 02:18   #60
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Yeah, I know.

It's sad, isn't it? You go to FL for three months, get used to driving something with 4 litres, then come back to your 1.0 and it has the same power output as the Yank tank.

I never ever doubted for a second the truth the American car industry came up with when they were challenged to increase the average MPG across the entire range by a single MPG. They said it was not possible

And who would I be to doubt the sincerity of the American motor industry?

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2004, 05:09   #61
JammyJim
Godfather

the yank tank is actually quite a nippy bastard. i can get to 60 in around 6-7 seconds and its top speed is well off the spedo.

it hit 115 and still had 'kickdown' (its an auto). the spedo only goes to 120mph tho and i didnt particularly want to snap the needle or anything heh.

god bless american toll highways at 2am with their long stretches of well lite police free roads.
Unread 5 Mar 2004, 05:33   #62
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

Jammyjim Likes Sparkplugs In His Spark Holes (?!?!?!?!?)
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2004, 12:32   #63
Deciduous

Deciduous is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Actually, he's pretty much right.
Heh, right in what respect? That he knows his own opinion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
...the truth is that respect of this sort only comes if your fast car is an expensive one (ie a ferrari, not a super souped up ricer shitheap)
A ricer, by definition, is a car that isn't souped up, merely aesthetically modified to give the impression of a higher performance vehicle. How this then equates to poor people having fast cars is beyond me.

A quick look on autotrader shows you can buy a second hand Bentley Turbo R (powerful and classy) for £14k, which I don't think is too much of a stretch if these poor people were going to buy a 'fast' bog standard auto. (£14k will buy you a new mini cooper s, or add another 6 grand to that and you could get a decent Honda Civic)
Deciduous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2004, 13:14   #64
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
If you're going to talk about Risk, get the terms right. The three classes of people are:

Risk Loving
Concave indifference curves.

Quote:
Risk Neutral
Straight indifferece curves.

Quote:
Risk Averse
Convex indifference curves.

Microeconomics is
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2004, 13:16   #65
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim
DM : im only 19 :-(((((

and its a 1.0litre...
I'm only 20 and I have a 1.4 Polo, SE
Unread 5 Mar 2004, 14:56   #66
Cynical Oracle
Poster Professionale

Cynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really nice

I get that all of you guys has different opinions about what other people should do. What I don't get is why it's so horrible to have something that few others have. It's like 'No it sucks because 99% don't have it'.

I got a damn fast car, it's very nice to drive, it looks totaly plain (I'll upload a picture if needed) and I simply love it.

****ing communists!

Quote me if you will

Quote:
I wish we could trademark for a less shitty poster
hahahahahahaha, get it?
Cynical Oracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2004, 15:18   #67
JammyJim
Godfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical Oracle
I get that all of you guys has different opinions about what other people should do. What I don't get is why it's so horrible to have something that few others have. It's like 'No it sucks because 99% don't have it'.

I got a damn fast car, it's very nice to drive, it looks totaly plain (I'll upload a picture if needed) and I simply love it.

****ing communists!

Quote me if you will

S4's are slow :-p
Unread 5 Mar 2004, 15:20   #68
Stew
Made of Twigs

S3s are much nicer imo
Unread 5 Mar 2004, 15:28   #69
Cynical Oracle
Poster Professionale

Cynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really nice

Slow??!

Quote:
hahahahahahaha, get it?
Unread 5 Mar 2004, 16:18   #70
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical Oracle
What I don't get is why it's so horrible to have something that few others have. It's like 'No it sucks because 99% don't have it'.
I don't think many people said that. You're free to spend your money on whatever you want.

We're then free to think less of you.

You're then free not to care...

etc....
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2004, 16:49   #71
Cynical Oracle
Poster Professionale

So in other words: you don't care if I care or not. Why are you posting? For feedback? Or would it be equally entertaining if everyone just left. We give you feedback, but if you don't care we might aswell stop responding to any and all of your posts.

Quote:
hahahahahahaha, get it?