User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 13 Jun 2003, 23:09   #1
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future
Rebirth of Legion?

i heard of it..
can anyone confirm it, that it is true? if it is i am quite curious about who is leader etc...

or

am i just a n00b with p-l-i (pseude-leet-intel)?

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2003, 23:31   #2
BDB

BDB is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Rebirth of Legion?

Quote:
Originally posted by Lupin
i heard of it..
can anyone confirm it, that it is true? if it is i am quite curious about who is leader etc...

or

am i just a n00b with p-l-i (pseude-leet-intel)?

please let it not be true let the ****ing allince stay gone
BDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2003, 23:32   #3
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
I doubt this is true, I think you are confusing this for a battlegroup consisting of alot of ex-Legion.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2003, 23:36   #4
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
There is no Legion in PA! It's a lie! They were burned in the fires of Allah befo...

/me slinks away.
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2003, 00:00   #5
mcnally
Tzu-Rider

mcnally is an unknown quantity at this point
whats the difference between an alliance of 80+ ppl and a bg of 80+ ppl
mcnally is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2003, 00:20   #6
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by Zh|l
I doubt this is true, I think you are confusing this for a battlegroup consisting of alot of ex-Legion.
is it possible that you go a bit more in detail?

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2003, 00:39   #7
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by Lupin
is it possible that you go a bit more in detail?
It would be the most rediculous thing in the world for Legion to return in full force.

Suffice it to say, members of the Legion "group" ('clan' isn't accurate) still play Planetarion. But Legion has no official affiliation with Planetarion anymore.
Unread 14 Jun 2003, 00:49   #8
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I believe grendel, rampage and biggdogg have all said at various times that legion will never return. However I am interested as to what precisely sparked these rumours.....
Unread 14 Jun 2003, 01:19   #9
N0VA
Your Nemesis and Beerg0d

N0VA is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by mcnally
Everyone in the bg has an outside alliance :P

<Peacemaker1> you are projecting images that happen real. like if you were to get shot in a dream, you would wake up with a bullet hole through you
<Nova> that would suck
<RIT> yeh but It would rawk if you dreamt about lesbian orgies
<Peacemaker1> waking up in a pool of lubercant, and with dildo bruses all over. sure would
N0VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2003, 01:22   #10
Maddix
Imposter?

Maddix is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Pretty much the same as what makes Plush or Dragons a Battle Group and not an Alliance.

R2: XXV
R3: Æternals
R4: Fx9/Wolfpack
R5: Legion
R6: Legion BC
R7: Legion BC
R8: RaH BC
R9: RaH HC
Maddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2003, 01:42   #11
Carpeia
a norteh -[LoCo]-

Carpeia has a spectacular aura aboutCarpeia has a spectacular aura about
We get roids at least.
------------------------------------------------
Carpeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2003, 02:32   #12
Axis_WLF

Axis_WLF is an unknown quantity at this point
blah
r2 9:23:1 Axis_WLF of Kadan : Blluetuba/Legion
r3 6:24:1 Axis_WLF of kadan : Legion/WolfPack
r4 201:15:1 Octavian of Ostia : Wolfpack
r5 13:6:2 Sun Tzu of Art of War : Legion Command
r6 33:13:?? : Legion Command
r7 15:19:12 Unknown soldier run over by a wagon : Legion Command
R8: 28:8:9 Niccolo Machiavelli of Revera Legatus : TITAN COMMAND BC
R12 ??:??:?? 1up Military Officer
Axis_WLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2003, 04:05   #13
Unf_Slasher
FAnG

Unf_Slasher can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyBGood
I believe grendel, rampage and biggdogg have all said at various times that legion will never return. However I am interested as to what precisely sparked these rumours.....
probably the rather big bg called Legion and friends
[00:58] <Squirrel> YES **** ME **** ME
[00:59] <Squirrel> **** ME NOW OH YES AliasX **** THE **** OUT OF ME
[00:59] <AliasX> wtf

FAnG
Unf_Slasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2003, 04:32   #14
Teddy_Bear
The Original Teddy

Teddy_Bear will become famous soon enoughTeddy_Bear will become famous soon enough
Quote:
bg dont have as strick rules as alliances, which every one likes, and ppl just attack and get def else where
Unread 14 Jun 2003, 07:02   #15
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Teddy_Bear
bg dont have as strick rules as alliances, which every one likes, and ppl just attack and get def else where
I think the question was more from the perspective of the rest of the universe than from the perspective of a BG member. To the rest of the universe, a large BG behaves very much like an alliance.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2003, 07:50   #16
Obfuscator
Antediluvian

Obfuscator is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by ComradeRob
I think the question was more from the perspective of the rest of the universe than from the perspective of a BG member. To the rest of the universe, a large BG behaves very much like an alliance.
I'm not exactly a BG expert, since I was only ever in 2, and didn't really use either of them much...but in my experience, the difference to the outside observer should be pretty obvious. If you swamp an alliance of 80 people with attacks, you can expect to get through on a lot of them. If you swamp a BG of 80 people with attacks, they will have a much easier time defending, since they will have diverse alliances from which to leech defense.
Reduco ad Honore [RaH] r8
Obfuscator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2003, 09:50   #17
mcnally
Tzu-Rider

well hope the alliances those ppl are in, do appreciate it then because if they are attacking with the bg dont they defend there first also? so what good are they for their alliance (not the bg, even thoe its the same in my eyes)
Unread 14 Jun 2003, 10:53   #18
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future
every rd somoene says that legion are returning but i cant see it happenning

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2003, 11:32   #19
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
<insert cheap dig>
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2003, 12:00   #20
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by ComradeRob
int he early rounds the meaning of BG was closer to what it actually does then now. Back then a BG simply was an attackgroup, doin coordinated raids, attacks and fleetcatching etc.
Nowadays you see most BG's supplying defence to their members aswell (some more others less).

I believe the difference with the alliance here is that alliances are defence based organisations and BG's are offensive based.

rgds Kj

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2003, 12:05   #21
HK
Agnus Dei

HK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud of
As an alliance Legion will never come back to PA. (Grendel said ' no ' remember ) Those people, legionaires, who are playing planetarion do it in a group with certain close friends and that group can not be defined as an alliance.
Unread 14 Jun 2003, 14:07   #22
Klendau II
Governor

Klendau II is an unknown quantity at this point
What everyone else said.

Legion and Friends [LaF] is the only real reminder of the Legion, other than ofc the community. A few LaF galaxies have been using old Legion gal pics/names of late, so that may have sparked the rumour mill into motion.

But to the best of my knowledge, Legion will never play the role of an alliance in PA again.

I'll bum 'em all.

<Sad> when ur cyb0ring klen it is
<Sad> he gives u soo much pleasure
<Foxman> and always bring animals into the cyb0r
<Sad> he does yes
Klendau II is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2003, 14:45   #23
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Kjeldoran
int he early rounds the meaning of BG was closer to what it actually does then now. Back then a BG simply was an attackgroup, doin coordinated raids, attacks and fleetcatching etc.
Nowadays you see most BG's supplying defence to their members aswell (some more others less).

I believe the difference with the alliance here is that alliances are defence based organisations and BG's are offensive based.

rgds Kj
Pluis battlegroups can get round those pesky problems about not being able to hit planets in your own alliance, all you have to do is swap targets with a battlegroup member

Vaio
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2003, 15:22   #24
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold
Im sacred to attack these gals with Legion banners just incase Legion has reformed secretly.

Just like the old days ah ....
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2003, 15:25   #25
Rampage
over 9000

Rampage is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes, there is a battlegroup on our network (jedi.legionhq.org) wich contains (ex) legion members and their friends. However many of the battlegroup participants are in an alliance of their own aswell, be it rah, eclipse, fang, sh, etcetera.

Legion as an alliance will never come back to PA, infact isn't even able to as I said before, most of the legionairs playing planetarion are in an alliance of their own.

The days of VtS/Fury/Xanadu are over.

-Rampage

Last edited by Rampage; 14 Jun 2003 at 15:39.
Rampage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2003, 15:40   #26
Teddy_Bear
The Original Teddy

Teddy_Bear will become famous soon enoughTeddy_Bear will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Kjeldoran
this has started to happen because battlegroups are a more likly to be m8s and friends...
Unread 14 Jun 2003, 15:55   #27
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Vaio
Pluis battlegroups can get round those pesky problems about not being able to hit planets in your own alliance, all you have to do is swap targets with a battlegroup member

Vaio
exactly

rgds Kj

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2003, 21:10   #28
Salomo
Commodore

Salomo is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Maddix
Pretty much the same as what makes Plush or Dragons a Battle Group and not an Alliance.
the fact that they call themselves BG and alliances tolerate their members being in them?

r1: n00b
r2: 7:11 - T7C HC, WaC(Jr), Sedition HC
r3: 31:25 - Sedition, Century, SL HC
r4: 95:21 - BlueTubas'
r5: 30:5 - BlueTubas, VtS
r6: 33:24:1 - Deus Ex Machina HC, politically retired
r7: 38:22 -> 26:11 - RaH peon
r8: 12:3:4 - Defended by 1:1
Salomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2003, 23:13   #29
Fist
in your ass

Fist is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Salomo
the fact that they call themselves BG and alliances tolerate their members being in them?
Some HCs allow it and some dont as Ive experienced.
Sakera didnt like it I know, he wouldnt acknowledge me being in entity and a bg at once in round 8.
I was very open towards entity about me having a bg, and I had a great time both places.

Round 2 - 4:18 [C4E] #9
Round 3 - idle, played a few weeks
Round 4 - semi-idle somewhere in p19 [TGS] + [p19a]/[R0CK]
Round 5 - idle, played a few weeks
Round 6 - 15:12 [Iliad] then no allie
Round 7 - 12:16 [Blackice]for a few weeks + [VtS] #46
Round 8 - 15:5 [Adelante] + [DTA] + [ETY]
Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jun 2003, 00:05   #30
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
not many HC's have the balls to stop there members, as tbh these days 1 alliance is as good as another, so there arent many truely loyal members who would stand for having there primary attack routines made forbidden.
Unread 15 Jun 2003, 03:17   #31
Salomo
Commodore

Salomo is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Morden
not many HC's have the balls to stop there members, as tbh these days 1 alliance is as good as another, so there arent many truely loyal members who would stand for having there primary attack routines made forbidden.
if they had the balls they might change one alliance being as good as the other.

I don't intend to say that any old (or new) alliance would be great just cause they don't allow BG's, but some of the better alliances could lift themselves off from the masses of alliances by taking their firepower into their own hands again and showing their members how nice it can be to truly fight together as an alliance and bring back some of the loyalty from the old days that way.

By allowing split loyalties they aren't going to be better than the next alliance.

r1: n00b
r2: 7:11 - T7C HC, WaC(Jr), Sedition HC
r3: 31:25 - Sedition, Century, SL HC
r4: 95:21 - BlueTubas'
r5: 30:5 - BlueTubas, VtS
r6: 33:24:1 - Deus Ex Machina HC, politically retired
r7: 38:22 -> 26:11 - RaH peon
r8: 12:3:4 - Defended by 1:1
Salomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jun 2003, 17:33   #32
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
if they had the balls they might change one alliance being as good as the other.

I don't intend to say that any old (or new) alliance would be great just cause they don't allow BG's, but some of the better alliances could lift themselves off from the masses of alliances by taking their firepower into their own hands again and showing their members how nice it can be to truly fight together as an alliance and bring back some of the loyalty from the old days that way.

By allowing split loyalties they aren't going to be better than the next alliance.
Lets wait for Sid to create a new alliance for r10.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 15 Jun 2003, 19:48   #33
sigrid
hated dead or alive

sigrid is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
lets not
sigrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jun 2003, 19:53   #34
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I know you can come up with something abit more original than that Zhil.

After all, your love story with sid is already known.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jun 2003, 21:23   #35
Dworschi
MööööH r0x0r0r

Dworschi is an unknown quantity at this point
Unread 15 Jun 2003, 21:59   #36
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold
Quote:

95% of Oly members attack from Oly BGs run by Oly command.

just fyi

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
MAdnRisKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 02:42   #37
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Originally posted by G.K Zhukov
I know you can come up with something abit more original than that Zhil.

After all, your love story with sid is already known.
Original to what? I wanted to make some joke for humour, it was humourous to me (which is all that mattered).

Please do tell me the love story since it's not known to me. It could possibly be why you liked to impersonate him, trying to get some quick cyber eh? A powerful person in a powerful position eh?

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 04:37   #38
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
I used to impersonate Sid.

I haev teh logs adn pr00f!@#$
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 06:28   #39
N0VA
Your Nemesis and Beerg0d

N0VA is an unknown quantity at this point
It seems like yet another thread has degenerated into a debate over the merits of battlegroups ... but if ya can't beat 'em:

I really do not see how battlegroups pose a threat to alliances. For example, I am in a battlegroup, but I have a personal rule where at at least one of my fleets per day gets put wherever an alliance bc/dc tells me it needs to be. Apart from that, I run all targets through each alliance arbiter - and unless the target has been hostile, if I hear of even one alliance member in the gal I'll go to the next one. So I'll start out with a list of maybe 10 potential targets, and end up with only 2 or 3 that are safe to attack - then it puts no added burden on any member alliance - plus it strengthens them by essentially hitting everyone who is not us.

The problem is not with battle groups, but instead with selfish players. They are the ones who will find out which planets are in their alliance and just make sure that they personally don't launch on it. They also prioritize defense to their battle group, and only treat their alliance as a backup source for targets and a primary source for defense.

What you all forget to realize though is that these problems existed before there were battle groups. These players would commonly launch on 2-3 attacks per day, always make sure their galaxy first was covered with defense, and then alliance after that, etc.

The way to curb the "problem that is the battle group" is not to ban them, but to instead give DC's and BC's more authority in the decision to keep/boot members. Any time a DC or BC orders a fleet movement for a member in a given day, make a note of it. Any day that a member does not get such a note counts as a strike against them etc. You'll rapidly find out which people actively support your alliance, and which are only leaches. Also, if it turns out that top members or even highly active ones are the leaches, then cut them loose. Even if they are flying your alliance's tag, they aren't actually helping you out, but in fact are holding you back.

<Peacemaker1> you are projecting images that happen real. like if you were to get shot in a dream, you would wake up with a bullet hole through you
<Nova> that would suck
<RIT> yeh but It would rawk if you dreamt about lesbian orgies
<Peacemaker1> waking up in a pool of lubercant, and with dildo bruses all over. sure would
N0VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 08:24   #40
mcnally
Tzu-Rider

Quote:

attempt to be funny?
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 18:09   #41
HobbieRogue4
etc.

Quote:
attempt to be funny?
I smirked. I'm getting a bigger kick out of how you're unable to smile too.
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 21:53   #42
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
attempt to be funny?
If anyone could create an alliance heralding back to the old days, it would be Sid. Sid was able to be ruthless, yet fair. Not to mention he could inspire and harbour loyalties. Many people were loyal to Sid, not Fury itself. (Luckily, this actually turned out to be loyalty to Fury)

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 22:00   #43
Supernova9
m u p p e t

Supernova9 is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by N0VA
The problem is not with battle groups, but instead with selfish players. They are the ones who will find out which planets are in their alliance and just make sure that they personally don't launch on it. They also prioritize defense to their battle group, and only treat their alliance as a backup source for targets and a primary source for defense.
The major problems occur when selfish players run battlegroups. Prime example being Dragons. Jurgen uses them for his own political motives, whilst having them leach defence from major alliances, e.g. for the most part Wolfpack.
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 15:01   #44
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
Originally posted by Supernova9
The major problems occur when selfish players run battlegroups. Prime example being Dragons. Jurgen uses them for his own political motives, whilst having them leach defence from major alliances, e.g. for the most part Wolfpack.
Wolfpack's problem. Thih.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 17:02   #45
God
of War

God can only hope to improve
Quote:
the name...

"[Zeus to Ares:] 'To me you are the most hateful of all the gods who hold Olympos. Forever quarrelling is dear to your heart, wars and battles." - Homer, Iliad 5.699
God is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 17:31   #46
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Supernova9
or you get your members to lead bg's to use them for your motives, while you let other alliances flak the retals
Unread 19 Jun 2003, 00:45   #47
CamelToe
You Know I'm Right

CamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Maddix
Plz don't compare Plush to Dragons. I find it offensive.

Don't act like you weren't thinking the same thing...

you should stop posting on these forums as you're CRAP
CamelToe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jun 2003, 00:50   #48
Sn0w

Sn0w is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by MAdnRisKy
95% of Oly members attack from Oly BGs run by Oly command.

just fyi
not all are command

#aus
Sn0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jun 2003, 00:52   #49
Sn0w

Sn0w is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by CamelToe
Plz don't compare Plush to Dragons. I find it offensive.
wb cameltoe

#aus
Sn0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jun 2003, 01:46   #50
Prophey
Sexceh Plush Toy

Prophey is an unknown quantity at this point
*drool* CamelToe...
Prophey is offline   Reply With Quote