User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 4 Apr 2012, 11:53   #1
Intruder
Jolt took my jap girl :(

Intruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant future
Exclamation Another Facebook thread, but different i hope

Hi, I used the search feature and read the topics about Facebook...

I am a retired player for a few years, I have been playing other stuff around, and I have seen how much Facebook has been successful to launch a few games.

I read people commenting 'Pa Sux, need to fix first' but you see a lot of bad games played by thousands all the time in FB. And still, there is people who still like to play PA, and I bet there is much more out there unaware of the game that would find the game cool.

I saw a PA clone in my country implement some FB features a month ago, and they are already seeing some results, so I am suggesting here stuff they implemented plus some I think would help brand awareness:

- Login integration: you can login into your planet with your Facebook account. Helps with multis too, I hope. Also forum integration.
- Able to share battle reports (coords removed automatically) in ur Wall. You can share complete researchs, your final rank, and stuff.
- Able to like may situations inside the game so it goes to your Wall
- Facebook app, allowing you to play from FB
- mobile apps, as they told before.

All of those would help to raise game awareness on FB. I read a lot of people saying 'I would never share stuff, or link my account', but you all know PA Community is elitist and grumpy. But thing is world is full of different cultures, behaviours and points of view. I know a girl who have an account with over 4000 friends she uses just to play Mafia Wars. Many people will like to share their gaming experiences, and stupid is who thinks thats stupid, while Zynga is making Zillions.

|| Absolute || eXilition || FAnG || Insomnia || Seraphim || Silver || Vengeance ||

Channels:

#brasil #Counter-Strike #ChillSpot #cro #dawnofthedead #dragonslair #elurstaheht #Exilition #fang #fnp #g33k #HoneyBunny #insomnia #kon #Mirage #nebula #OuZo #planetarion #pta #rpg #Silver #the_witches #vgn

Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Apr 2012, 12:02   #2
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Another Facebook thread, but different i hope

good and bad sides here imo.. from the marketing point of view, its definately a good thing..

however what the game really needs is a person with time, vision and determination.. what has changed in the last 20 rounds?

games and ppl that play the games are different nowadays.. they want graphic, smoother things than just a colored spreadsheet.. theres lots of ideas for planetarion over the years, of which almoust nothing has been implemented, which in the end, shows where the problem is.

ps: one could try to get more players via facny fb links or whatever (btw, im one of those ppl that would NEVER share any pa related things in my wall; or would ever send spam to my mates to help me gather any asteroids or the shit that other games always do), BUT im not sure that we need 4k new players, of who 3,8k are on 12 roids and inactive
Unread 4 Apr 2012, 12:13   #3
Intruder
Jolt took my jap girl :(

Intruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant future

Remember, you can posts and people you dont want. I am very active on FB, I use as my blog, not hard I have 30+ comments on my posts, I know a lot more people who never comment but mentions me in person they read my stuff.. I see FB behaviour changes with countries, so you cant not do something just because u dont see a lot of your friends doing..
Same as me, there will be a lot of people who might get interested seeing stuff shared, and a lot of people who would just hide me, as i know a lot of my friends did.
I also separate stuff I share by groups, avoiding family seeing what I do in weekends, everyone can do that in FB. You have a lot of control of what you see and what you show in FB, respecting other people is no excuse.

|| Absolute || eXilition || FAnG || Insomnia || Seraphim || Silver || Vengeance ||

Channels:

#brasil #Counter-Strike #ChillSpot #cro #dawnofthedead #dragonslair #elurstaheht #Exilition #fang #fnp #g33k #HoneyBunny #insomnia #kon #Mirage #nebula #OuZo #planetarion #pta #rpg #Silver #the_witches #vgn

Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Apr 2012, 12:21   #4
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Ignoring for a moment whether this is a good idea or not, the current owners of PA have yet to demonstrate that they're willing to do anything to improve PA at all, other than them continually telling Appoco something is really, really happening soon, promise! and then not keeping their word. I see no reason why asking them for Facebook integration would fare any better than asking for a better game has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neroon View Post
im not sure that we need 4k new players, of who 3,8k are on 12 roids and inactive
Woah, let's not be overly dismissive here. You can cap 3 roids off a planet with 12 roids! Think of the farming opportunities!

(Slightly more seriously: PA could do with more newbies; the higher the ratio of veterans to newbies, the less each newbie gets attacked.)
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Apr 2012, 13:55   #5
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Korsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the rough

Planetarion is dying. Get used to it. And yes, it sucks to always play the same shit over and over again.

The devs have shown NO INTEREST in any suggestion being made so far. There are also some great artworks and skins made from players which never made it into the game.
Now you talk about FB integration. As easy as it sounds - Facebook integration would solve a lot of problems. PA would get a player boost and the game would automatically get more entertaining. There are no funds needed for expensive advertising, just Facebook and a dev to realise that which we lack.
Even if 99% here think that FB games are bad, even Farmville by times was more entertaining than some of the rounds we saw in pa. And besides, Farmville can be played both over facebook and directly from its own Website. This is what PA needs. An increasing player number also means increased income for the owners and hopefully bigger interest from their side to improve PA.

But that's all dreams...

The only one who ever openly spoke about Facebook integration was zPeti, and Jagex has shown themselves much more incapable than zPeti which is so hard but - CONGRATULATIONS - you done it!

And...

Relation Change Ascendancy and the Horde are now at war with each other.
Korsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Apr 2012, 06:37   #6
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korsan View Post
Planetarion is dying. Get used to it. And yes, it sucks to always play the same shit over and over again.

The devs have shown NO INTEREST in any suggestion being made so far. There are also some great artworks and skins made from players which never made it into the game.
Now you talk about FB integration. As easy as it sounds - Facebook integration would solve a lot of problems. PA would get a player boost and the game would automatically get more entertaining. There are no funds needed for expensive advertising, just Facebook and a dev to realise that which we lack.
Even if 99% here think that FB games are bad, even Farmville by times was more entertaining than some of the rounds we saw in pa. And besides, Farmville can be played both over facebook and directly from its own Website. This is what PA needs. An increasing player number also means increased income for the owners and hopefully bigger interest from their side to improve PA.

But that's all dreams...

The only one who ever openly spoke about Facebook integration was zPeti, and Jagex has shown themselves much more incapable than zPeti which is so hard but - CONGRATULATIONS - you done it!
If only there was a like button, i wouldn't have to write that i like what you have just posted
Unread 27 Sep 2012, 07:43   #7
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Traditionally we've been wary about Facebook integration due to their security policies.
I am not sure if a speed game or a normal game would work better on Facebook.

Also, unfortunately, Facebook "boxes" for apps are too narrow for our screens so we're faced with scrolling or recoding our interface (which contains a lot of logic and validation in it, unfortunately) to get it to work.