User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 28 Jun 2005, 21:04   #1
flikman
Idiot

flikman can only hope to improve
Display Warning for multiing implications

Please can I suggest that a warning is displayed upon signup if someone else on your IP has registered a PA account?

Thus when I sign up, I could know that other ppl on my uni network had registered, and there may be problems.

This might also be useful ingame - to show some text if other ppl have played on your IP.

I don't see that this will disclose any important information, and will merely aid the legitimate players with fixed shared IP problems.
Unread 28 Jun 2005, 21:07   #2
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Display Warning for multiing implications

Already done. 10-20 people probably said "oh, I got this message, can you check and see who's playing" or "a friend signed up on my PC, he's not going to play from here again" etc
Unread 28 Jun 2005, 21:18   #3
flikman
Idiot

Well surely still useful for those who don't let others use their PC.

Just a discrete line of text somewhere, or say... a red exclamation mark next to your coords u can click on ?
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 04:55   #4
Prawn
:o\

Prawn is on a distinguished road

In one way this would be nice - on the other hand, it could also have a bad side:

"We've just noticed you've created a multi planet, so now you can not play it before you get your account deleted"

I like the idea that the first thing a wannabe cheat knows when the MHs are onto them is that their account is suspended. The benefits would probably outweigh the disadvantages though.
Prawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 19:55   #5
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

But it's very easy to play from the same IP without cheating or even knowing about it, Prawn. Especially for students.
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 22:56   #6
barney
Ex-Visionary

barney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the rough

true i have an alliance named after my unitversity (from what i understand), yet i am not aware of another player from my uni?

would this mean i am not allowed to play from, university or that i am suspected of cheating ???
r11 NoS (16:9:10)
r12 VsN (22:2:1)
r13 VsN BC (10:10:10) - R.I.P.
r14 xVx Head BC (2:8:3)
barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 23:26   #7
flikman
Idiot

This would take about as much time to implement as admins would need to discuss it here. Cmon guys !
Unread 30 Jun 2005, 09:37   #8
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

as appoco said the message is allready there... you get told "somoene else has signe dup on the same IP as you check out the faq"

or something

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2005, 12:04   #9
Prawn
:o\

Prawn is on a distinguished road

But it's very easy to play from the same IP without cheating or even knowing about it, Prawn. Especially for students.

I wasn't disagreeing, that's why I said the benefits would outweigh disadvantages - apologies for any ambiguity in my original post.
Prawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2005, 14:22   #10
kamikaze69
[F-crew] member

kamikaze69 is an unknown quantity at this point

Kal, is this message only found on the FAQ???

Would it not be a smart idea to have a script for it to show up on the Overview message where the PA team types it's messages??? Try to drive home the point rather than let it continue.

I want what is rightfully MINE . I have much, but need MUCH MORE !!!

R13 - [F-CREW]
R14 - [F-CREW]
kamikaze69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2005, 18:12   #11
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

I always get a someone else has signed up on your IP thing would be nice to know who seeing as only 4 ppl out of 600 have internet in my barracks and me being 1 of them knows the other 3 dont play PA

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 08:50   #12
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah02
I always get a someone else has signed up on your IP thing would be nice to know who seeing as only 4 ppl out of 600 have internet in my barracks and me being 1 of them knows the other 3 dont play PA
Perhaps your barracks is linked up with others, and an individual from another area but within your military (or indeed, maybe a civilian who works in the same base) may also play.

So instead of 4 out of 600, there might be 120 out of 6000 or something (without knowing more about your military, this is obviously just a guess).
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 11:15   #13
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
Perhaps your barracks is linked up with others, and an individual from another area but within your military (or indeed, maybe a civilian who works in the same base) may also play.

So instead of 4 out of 600, there might be 120 out of 6000 or something (without knowing more about your military, this is obviously just a guess).
Well wouldnt know about the sgts mess or officers mess tbh but the time limitations they have i doubt it but then again I could be wrong thats why it would be nice to know who actually does play in this ip aswell.

Unread 1 Jul 2005, 18:34   #14
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Why should multi-ers be given a warning, its like telling them you've reached the limits of cheating, dont go over it.

Your av sucks btw
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 19:57   #15
kamikaze69
[F-crew] member

kamikaze69 is an unknown quantity at this point

dude...where is your av then???

I want what is rightfully MINE . I have much, but need MUCH MORE !!!

R13 - [F-CREW]
R14 - [F-CREW]
kamikaze69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 20:34   #16
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikaze69
dude...where is your av then???
He doesn't have one, you have to be here for 12 months to be allowed to have one I think.
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 21:05   #17
flikman
Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniborp
Why should multi-ers be given a warning, its like telling them you've reached the limits of cheating, dont go over it.

Your av sucks btw
You missed the point.

It's to warn people who ARENT multiing that others are playing on their IP, and that they are at risk.

I got closed last round and had no idea anyone else was playing, especially as it was less than 2 weeks from the end.
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 22:01   #18
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Fair enough
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 23:19   #19
xontas

xontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the rough

thats why we made a new exeption system that hardcodes the limits between same ip accounts
and you get a warning if you are the seconds, third (and so one) account on 1 ip
xontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 11:17   #20
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xontas
thats why we made a new exeption system that hardcodes the limits between same ip accounts
and you get a warning if you are the seconds, third (and so one) account on 1 ip
but under the new system if the COMPUTER aint satisfied then instant deletion with no comebacks no closure just one second your there next your not *magic*