User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 15 May 2010, 20:51   #1
Firebird

Bcalcs

Sorry about punctuation it really is not my forteit so i apologise and i hope i can get this idea across clearly enough for all to understand. Also this is my 1st thread. Many night's i have spent Dcing and i tend to find my biggest problem when doing this against mass waves is that i need to go over and over to check i have all planets in my calcs what i propose is that when u get an au scan or incoming scan and you add them to calcs the coordinates of that scan are added to a box also so u can confirm you have that planet there. I hope this is understood by all that read it i have no idea how this would be fixed to bcalcs and scans my it knowledge is pretty slim.
Unread 15 May 2010, 21:35   #2
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Bcalcs

Reasonable. An option to actually remove individual fleets as well would be helpful too as opposed to a generic remove fleet button.
Unread 15 May 2010, 23:49   #3
Membrivio
Leader of the Membrivians
Curveball Champion, Sober Santa 2 Champion

Membrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
Reasonable. An option to actually remove individual fleets as well would be helpful too as opposed to a generic remove fleet button.
I approve!
R35/36: p3nguins
R37: Evolution
R48: ODDR
R49: CT
[KB] [Mercenaries] [p0ny]

The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything. (J.W. Goethe)
Membrivio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2010, 03:08   #4
Firebird

Yea i agree with that also jbg.
Unread 18 May 2010, 15:33   #5
Will
Planetarion Support Team Member

Will is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
what i propose is that when u get an au scan or incoming scan and you add them to calcs the coordinates of that scan are added to a box also so u can confirm you have that planet there.
+1 (assuming you mean there's a separate box for each fleet, visible all the time the fleet is in the calc)
Hopefully the measly 20-character limit on the comment box doesn't indicate how unlikely this is to get added...

Quote:
An option to actually remove individual fleets as well would be helpful too as opposed to a generic remove fleet button.
I believe the (E) link next to each Fleet heading does that, this indicates the functionality that's already there needs to be better presented.
Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2010, 17:32   #6
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will View Post

I believe the (E) link next to each Fleet heading does that, this indicates the functionality that's already there needs to be better presented.
No, it doesn't. That just empties the whole column, and you often have more than 1 fleet in each column so this feature is utterly useless. Like when you have 40 fleets incoming, the bcalc can't even hold that and it's unreadable when you add more than 10 fleets anyway. It's often you don't have time/room to add every single fleet as neatly as the bcalc wants you to, so you either end up adding all in one column or using 1 column per race.

What they are asking for is the bcalc to remember which co-ords sent a specific fleet, and then take these ships out on request. It would be a fantastic thing for dc's, but I doubt the bcalc is capable of handling such a request, unless what firebird suggested in the first place is already done.
Anyway, I guess it's a small part of PA that would need this function, unless we're going back to having all ships in the same column like the old calcs. Would be nice to have the option at least.

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2010, 17:43   #7
ellonweb

ellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant future

It'd be nice maybe to not have separate columns for different fleets, but some other mechanic that lists fleets involved (vertical list!), which could give a small summary on the fleet/planet and the option to remove it from the calc. This would mean the calc is keeping aware of fleets in the background but presenting it all as one.
ellonweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2010, 00:26   #8
JDD
aka Duncan

JDD is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

There is(at least with FireFox) a way to remove certain type of ships classes from a particular collum. Just right click on the "fleet x" collum name you wish to ajust and it will bring a java box up to preform the necessary action. You can also decrease the number of ships by a 1/2 or a 1/3. in that collum.

But I do like the idea of having a way to keep track of which collum belongs to which scan/planet.
[h3lls angels] round 20
[NewDawn] round 25,26,27,29
[Conspiracy] round 40
[NewDawn] round 70 - 73
[DLR] Round 30,31,33 - 39,41 - 46,49,50,74,75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
He's a hick. In charge of an alliance. It's like giving the Dukes of Hazzard a tank division to control.

Last edited by JDD; 19 May 2010 at 00:33.
JDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2010, 09:32   #9
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Good idea