User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support

Unread 21 Dec 2002, 01:22   #1
Androme

WinXP Problem

Well on my sis's laptop (running home edition I think), I opened up her Films dir. It had Beautilful mind in 2 parts - first one called somein like: A.Beautiful.Mind.SCREENER.DVDivX-Qix.avi (although it's mpv2 encoding apparently)

I tried to open it with RealOne and the quality was dodgy so I tried to copy it to my sis's cd-rw. The odd thing is that it froze.

So I restarted the laptop, and now the laptop runs a bit slow - ie: open My Computer comes up with the 'folder & the lightbulb thing' (when a shortcut's target has moved, it appears) and it's quite slow until it appears as it normal should (with all the drives etc.)

Now also suddenly, if you run a movie and then try opening My Computer - it appears only everything is really slow and nothing seems to be appearing - an explorer.exe problem says "End Now" if you shutdown after the above so ... ?

Lastly, the Beautiful Mind file seems to be stuck on the tempoarily cd-r files. When I try "Delete tempoary files" it says the movie is in use by another prog. But that's impossible! I did try to earlier rename it while it was tempoary file on the cd-r but it froze again heh...

Thanks
Unread 21 Dec 2002, 17:49   #2
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Windows has obviously got confused about the state of the CDRW.
Bring up the drive's properties, disable CD burning, and restart. This should hopefully force windows to flush the tempoary folder where it stores files waiting to burn to CD.
If all goes well, re-enable it and hope it's fixed.

Unread 21 Dec 2002, 20:09   #3
Androme

I owe you something. Catch me next christmas

Ta again