User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 2 Jan 2003, 01:26   #1
SnaarffiE

SnaarffiE is an unknown quantity at this point
internet

please help me. i duno wots going on with my conection but when i am idle but still conected to the net the conection comes alive and sents and recieves lots and lots and lots of informaion and i duno wots up. i have been told that this is the signs of a hacker and having no prior experiance myself of hackers i duno wot to believe. any help would be apricieted. ps it a frese install of win98 se
Unread 2 Jan 2003, 02:15   #2
SnaarffiE

SnaarffiE is an unknown quantity at this point
its stopped now how strange.
n e way im gona download a firewall now
Unread 2 Jan 2003, 02:33   #3
sh@dow

sh@dow is an unknown quantity at this point
well its POSSIBLE that its a hacker, maybe using your computer for something like a distribued denial of service attack though I wouldnt says its very likely. If you want peice of mind then get a trojan scanner. You should also get a firewall like you said and block all unused ports and also a virus scanner. This sort of stuff is pretty important esp if you have broadband - a perfect target for h@X0rz. Run the scanners about once a month to be safe. Ofcourse it might just be nothing, maybe a program updating in the background but who knows, better safe than sorry eh

- Q
sh@dow is offline   Reply With Quote