User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 22 Dec 2007, 13:52   #1
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of
a political summary of r24

Well, just popped onto the forums and realised that a thread about an alliance which has been dead since r13 was dominating the landscape. Pretty pathetic So thought I'd enlighten you all and, hopefully, shine some more light up jupp's arsehole (read: this is 'slightly' biassed in eXcessum's favour - also note that I wasn't allowed to do any politics after some pre-round stuff, so I am a bit clueless).

pre-round:

eXcessum/angels/Urwins shared some bps (had members which needed help, so we combined resources) - a week later, out of the blue, Urwins (logbat especially) assumed we were napped and forming a block to take down CT, who were the big bad enemy. Myself and Wishmaster (doing politics back then!) were aghast at this, and made it clear we would not nap. Of course, angels and Urwins still napped each other. From what I gather, Urwins went on to nap CT pre-round (I still find this change in behaviour odd) - or at least before t72, whom were also napped orbit-tof at about that time. No idea what the other alliances were doing at this time.

The key message to take out of this paragraph: Urwins are morally corrupt and are pretty shit in general, but more about this later.

Mid-round part I:

CT had a very strong lead in the universe over Urwins - probably about t500? or so, and night after night nothing was happening. It was around now that we learnt of the urwins/ct nap - once the shock and amazement at urwins hc being so shite had settled down, jupp and mitre took it upon themselves to make the round fun. This entailed going round to alliances seeing who was up for planet targetting CT (this took like nearly a week to organise...!). From what I recall, ND/ROCK/XVX/VGN were interested. So we attacked CT for a few nights, they had huge roidloss, the gap at the top was decreasing between themselves and Urwins, when xVx dropped out (I think rock did too? maybe vgn as well - I know they 'backstabbed' us one night) - and generally motivation dropped. So the war was over. This was detrimental to eXcessum, since a fair few big members got pissed off at this and simply stopped 'playing'. CT also planet targetted exc one of those nigths and we suffered huge roid losses.

CT offered excessum a nap (of sorts - no planet targetting at least) and the war was officially over...

key message there: the war effort on CT was completely down to the hard work of jupp and mitre!

Mid round part II:

After 1 or 2 days of no war, jupp was starting to miss the adrenaline rush of playing God, so we agreed the next/only option to make the round fun was to turn our attention to Urwins. The idea being: planet target them until they dropped the nap with CT, who by now had regained all their roids and a substantial lead at the top again. So we did it one night - I think with ND/ROCK/angels? not sure - it was a pretty dismal attack compared to the ones on CT earlier that week anyway. Credit has to go to angels though (if I'm right about them being involved) - I'm assuming they dropped the nap with urwins for it? Maybe I'm completely wrong there Thankfully, Urwins still suffered some roid losses and the next day said they would drop the nap with CT with 48hrs notice. No doubt Urwins will claim that they dropped the nap because of member-pressure (and a fair few members were crying for war, certainly helped them make the decision to drop the nap) - but no, if you believe that you're living in cloud cuckoo land.

so the war was back on....

key message: jupp is ace.

Mid round part III:

It was a monday of some week that the war restarted. I think angels now joined the war, and it was urwins/eXcessum/angels/ND/VGN attacking. By now, I think, jupp was a bit burnt out having spent 3weeks or so doing politics (its insane how much work it takes to make a round fun when alliances are dominantly run by SHIT people). So Urwins mostly ran the war effort at that time, and we p-targetted ct for about a week. Think it took 6days before they lost the #1 spot!

Throughout both wars eXcessum target assigned (probably about 7-10 nights in total?) which was key to us doing well - had 60 attack fleets on those nights. Not to brag, but the first war especially, it was mostly us doing the damage on CT... or at least we had the huuge roid gains when CT had huge roid losses.

So by now our motivation for the round was over really. Jupp had successfully turned a one-horse ride into the grand national with 3 alliances (urwins/CT/ND) in a position to win. Though that said ND were still a fair bit behind. As for eXcessum, we calmed down. By now jupp and mitre were doing EVERYTHING (politics/intel/DCing/BCing/etc) - and not surprisingly the war machine that is eXcessum was taken out of 5th gear and plonked into, almost, reverse. By this I mean we continued the nap with ND, had one with ROCK as well - think we stayed friendly with urwins till the end? But 3 naps aren't that bad at ~tick800 considering what went on before

It was also this time that a big eXcessum dude - Cheek - asked me who the **** CT were after seeing them mentioned in a channel. Was ammusing.

The end:

I don't know much about this really. I know VGN were very shit at some point (validating my thread earlier in the round <3) and judging by their roids at tick 1010, they're either the best alliance ever or they did a hell of a lot of napping. Also, throughout the 2nd war, they were a constant problem - safe to say their heart really wasn't into it.

Strangely, despite all the hard work taking down CT, what eventually lost them the round was ministry leaving the tag... kinda cool. A big shout out has to go to Bluearmy & co there.

I assume that during this period ND did a lot of good stuff to win the round? Like taking down urwins first, then keeping CT down (a bit) - think excessum also helped them do this in the final parts of the round, though not particularly actively.

Summary:

the alliances playing r24 were shite, with the possible exceptions of CT and ND (I'm calling urwins shite cos to this day I'll never understand how they did not win the round.......). To think eXcessum finished with the 2nd? 3rd? highest average score.. and honestly, we were pretty shit awesome when fleet assigning, shit the rest of the time.

====

So how was that? Bet I've missed out a lot of key factors that I'm just simply not aware of
newt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2007, 15:33   #2
Sjimmy
dutch tard

Sjimmy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: a political summary of r24

I didnt do any kind of politics so i might be wrong on some of this :

We had no NAP's pre round we also didnt do any bping, as VGN wasnt really active, wich didnt change much during the entire round. We had a lot of incommings the first 2 weeks of the round, and it worked demotivating on an already semi active alliance.

So we as HC decided to do a max of 2 NAP's(believe it or not)first NAP was with ROCK then 2nd a little while later was with Urwins(a lot of ex VGN in their)to halven our incommings at least. Surprisingly it worked pretty well and later on worked way better then we anticipated, CT//URWINS//ND we're so busy targetting each other with the help of all their "friends" people just ignored us completely, only ones that targetted us were CT(most hostile) and ND. Plus Excessum targetted us a night or so and then some random incommings from other allies.

We worked closely together with Urwins after they dropped their NAP with CT(we would only work with them if they dropped that NAP)and we kept doing so the remainder of the round.

I dont really know what you mean with the backstabbing part. As i know most HC in vgn, with prolly the exception of our political guy, are unaware of what you mean.
Unread 22 Dec 2007, 16:45   #3
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

You're close enough there Sjimmy.

We went into the round with no naps and the only ones we arranged were with ROCK and Urwins.

I understand that we had an "unofficial" agreement to co-operate with other alliances to take down CT. Newt may have misinterpreted that as some form of nap and that might explain his "backstabbing" comment.

The only reason I'm bothering to post this is to point out that Vengeance does not break its agreements. We place honour above all other considerations. (Anyone remember us hammering Caj out of top place a few rounds back after he betrayed us - even though it cost us two ally ranks?)

So please, no more talk of backstabbing.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2007, 17:37   #4
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

Who cares. ND won at their 24th time of trying. That makes it even more special. ahem

still lolling at jer missing his chance to ham it up at eorc.
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2007, 18:01   #5
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

for the record i have blanked 3-4 eorc's before this due to winning gals; the only one i turned up for was the r19 one.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2007, 19:14   #6
mens
Sheep

mens is an unknown quantity at this point

can someone post a top 100 list?
mens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2007, 21:50   #7
Gerbie2
Alive and kicking

Gerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newt
I'm calling urwins shite cos to this day I'll never understand how they did not win the round
That might have something to do with HCs/officers deciding to fight each other rather than the enemy. One of them took the website and bots down. That means: no defence calls relayed.

Several times when we had target assignement, the BC was nowhere to be found when it was time to assign the targets.

Urwins will not be playing next round.
Gerbie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2007, 22:42   #8
Recluse

Recluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to all

Actually from what I have heard, Urwins will be playing, but there is a big shakeup set for the BC's/HC's, which IMO is a very good thing. Also going to kick a load of members who weren't really playing much.

tbh, if newts assesment of the political situation is accurate, than ND really has no claim to their victory, as it was all orchestrated for them and they merely were there to take the win. Right place, right time kinda thing.

Saver of Sad

Supreme Commander of The Spider Colony
Recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2007, 23:29   #9
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Yes, I do know that some people wont really care, but TGV napped ND early, but did not do any co-operating with them till we saw that ND had a real shot at winning. I guess that was around when CT lost their lead. We were approached by Urwins at one point, but as I really didn't get convinced that Urwins looked like going to be staying and the fact that the contact was mainly superficial without any real probing we really didn't care. By our standards this was a pretty good round.
Unread 23 Dec 2007, 00:56   #10
Elevator
Crackhead

Elevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
key message: jupp is ace.

----

Strangely, despite all the hard work taking down CT, what eventually lost them the round was ministry leaving the tag... kinda cool. A big shout out has to go to Bluearmy & co there.
Just leave it at that and the summary is ace
(Though you forgot Tesla)
Unread 23 Dec 2007, 06:59   #11
Turtle

Turtle has a spectacular aura aboutTurtle has a spectacular aura aboutTurtle has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbie2
That might have something to do with HCs/officers deciding to fight each other rather than the enemy. One of them took the website and bots down. That means: no defence calls relayed.

Several times when we had target assignement, the BC was nowhere to be found when it was time to assign the targets.

Urwins will not be playing next round.
That was Dreamz, one of our HC and Gabber, our techie having a fight 2 days from end of the round. By which stage Urwins was out of the race to win. A few hours later it was all resolved and the site was back up, the bots were up and it was back to normal

And yes urwins is playing next round. Maybe you should talk to a HC before you post on a forums.
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Dec 2007, 07:31   #12
Recluse

Recluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to all

lol like any of us do that Turtle

I post of my own free will

Saver of Sad

Supreme Commander of The Spider Colony
Recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Dec 2007, 08:42   #13
Turtle

Turtle has a spectacular aura aboutTurtle has a spectacular aura aboutTurtle has a spectacular aura about

I was referring to Gerbie saying we're not playing next round.

Feel free to post as much as you want
Unread 23 Dec 2007, 12:26   #14
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

Newt's report is not accurate on a few points concerning the timeline or who actually took part in it but all in all it's good enough i guess and i really dont want to start and correct him now.

Only thing i want to add about this round is that it was one of the better rounds i've seen. What annoyed me mostly was that the smaller alliances like Angels,xVx, ROCK or eXcessum had to play motivator to push the big boys into action. From time to time that was really hard work to even get in contact with their HCs before 22 pm to sort things out.

Afterall things like that decided a lot who i wanted to work with. In the beginning it worked very well with ND but after the first strike at CT our relation to them went a bit silent and we moved along to work with Urwins who i still think had the most active command/bc team in overall activity (atleast to the outside). When Urwins got kicked off #1 spot ND woke up again and reapproached us again on a daily basis which made cooperation with them possible and fruitful again.

We always had an open mind on who to work with all round: , we napped CT for a short time when nobody else wanted to hit them for a couple of days, we attacked formerly friendly Urwins to push them vs CT and so on ....

Only alliances we never really had contact to were F-Crew and TGV and the relations to CT were always very short at best. From my feelings their acted arrogant, superior and sometimes even rude or unfriendly towards us which did not really open any doors on our side.

At this point i'd like to than BA from NewDawn and Adam & Yogibear from Urwins for their friendly and openminded cooperation. I never had feelings of doubt or misinformation from your side ... - unlike VGN who were either clueless at some points, thought i was an idiot or tried to trick me

Merry Christmas everyone and all the best for next round (year) jupp^afk

(what happened to the xmas smiley? :crymeariver

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

jupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Dec 2007, 16:39   #15
Biggie
King BiGGeh

Biggie can only hope to improve

Quote:
(I'm calling urwins shite cos to this day I'll never understand how they did not win the round.......).
====

We were p targetted by 4-6 alliances for atleast 2-3 weeks in a row. We held tight at first but as expected with the constant incominng activity decreased. A HUGE shout out has to go to Yogi as he was really the only active HC at launch times for 95% of the round

This round boiled down to a great politcal play by ND Well done
R3 :: 49:4:17 (GvE/KBz/ViruS)
R4 :: 80:14:6 (ViruS)
R5 :: 9:21:1 (ViruS/T&P) #urwins
R6 :: 2:21:10 (ViruS/T&P) #urwins
R7 :: 7:13 (ViruS) #urwins
R24 :: (Urwins) #urwins
Biggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Dec 2007, 21:04   #16
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

No hope for that top 100 nicks and alliances list?
Unread 23 Dec 2007, 22:58   #17
zebra
h3ll's angels

zebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggie
====

We were p targetted by 4-6 alliances for atleast 2-3 weeks in a row. We held tight at first but as expected with the constant incominng activity decreased. A HUGE shout out has to go to Yogi as he was really the only active HC at launch times for 95% of the round
The research after stargate is hypergate, not hyperbole.
[18:04] * h3ll has quit IRC (Ping timeout)
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Dec 2007, 23:20   #18
Mitre
Xanadu...

Mitre is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
====

4-6 alliances ? Only alliance who recived incs like that was CT the first night.
Urwins recived the same amount of incs for 2-3 weeks as CT had in 3 days.
Afik you had mostly 2 alliances who ptarget you and the rest hit Urwin heavy gals.
Unread 24 Dec 2007, 00:06   #19
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

rofl @ 4-6 alliances coment biggie

looking at dc page ct received 3331 reported calls.. so about 70 calls a day since def didnt really start till 2 weeks in.. + the fact we had **** all inc till mid round anyway when we had a huge roid lead etc. Id agree with mitre.. ct are the ones that got the big inc
Munkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Dec 2007, 07:08   #20
Turtle

CT had big incs no doubt.
But urwins hardly had small incs.
Once we hit #1, we had CT, ROCK, TGV, ND hitting us, either working together or just by chance. We were about 200 roids larger in size on average than any other alliance at this stage, so some of our incs were probably more due to this, but theres no doubt that the 4 allys above were targetting us, which is exactly what was expected.
We just couldn't take the heat, activity decreased as roid counts decreased. Unfortunatly this was about 10 days before the round ended and there wasn't time to recover.
Unread 24 Dec 2007, 09:09   #21
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of

Quote:
Aye, they did - sadly urwins didn't and I'm suspecting organising attacks on the alliance that was trying to cruise into a #2 spot by napping the #1 alliance all round wasn't too hard to achieve!

Yogibear is awesome though <3 kind of guy you'd just wanna hug to death, or at least to the brink of it.
Unread 24 Dec 2007, 13:47   #22
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Of course, angels and Urwins still napped each other.
No we didn't. CT was our only nap for most of the round. We didn't expect to do as well as we did (Roughly one week before the round started we weren't even sure we would play due to a lack of members) so had no problem napping with CT as they weren't thought of as being our main rivals.

Quote:
No doubt Urwins will claim that they dropped the nap because of member-pressure (and a fair few members were crying for war, certainly helped them make the decision to drop the nap) - but no, if you believe that you're living in cloud cuckoo land.
Actually member pressure and you lot p targetting us had nothing to do with it. We wanted to win and breaking the nap was the only way to do it. We had been planning it for a while before you hit us and had spoken to other alliances about working together.

Quote:
Aye, they did - sadly urwins didn't and I'm suspecting organising attacks on the alliance that was trying to cruise into a #2 spot by napping the #1 alliance all round wasn't too hard to achieve!

Yogibear is awesome though <3 kind of guy you'd just wanna hug to death, or at least to the brink of it.
We were never hoping to cruise to #2. For most of us this was always going to be our only round playing and therefore were happy to die going for #1 than settle for second. As soon as we saw how well we were doing we were making plans to win.
Unread 24 Dec 2007, 15:51   #23
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

sorry guys i cease to see how nd deserve credit on the political front. CT faced so much shit in the round (internally as well as the incs) and to finish with only 20k avg score difference (amounting to under 2mill overall score) against an ally that claimed in eorc that they didnt lose any activity shows how appauling nd play this game. If they got their politics as right as people are making out, with the activity suggested.. this should surely have been a walk over?

nubdawn statement is correct on so many levels
Unread 24 Dec 2007, 15:55   #24
newt
Banned

and they still beat you (for whatever reason, doesn't matter, they beat you) - so what the **** does that make your shite alliance munkee?

So this will boil down to "omg lol all alliances in pa are shit lol fs NUBS!" type stuff. Hurrah.
Unread 24 Dec 2007, 16:37   #25
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

considering CT got twice if not thrice, the amount of incs any other alliance had AND lost at least 10 members from tag mid way AND received said incs, and still came so close says enough about the current state of alliances, yes. especially when you put in to the fact that CT were god awful, activity wise in defence and offense. sure, ND won and all the good to them for it but let's face it; it was a pretty poor win. but it would've been a poor win regardless of what alliance of the three contendors ending up winning though.
Unread 24 Dec 2007, 16:51   #26
newt
Banned

the fact CT got so much inc is partly down to shit politics on your HCs' behalf? They certainly tried to make the round very easy for themselves (eg handing out pnaps left right n centre) - so they completely and utterly failed. According to jupp (and I can fully believe it) your HCs were cocky n arrogant twats - failure again?

All a risk CT took though - in most rounds (ie, rounds where jupp isnt a hc being pestered by all the other hcs to get wars going) - ct would have won the round at a canter.

People left CT - politics again? (since it was all but effectively a bg that left you) - another complete and utter failure on your HCs' part? whether or not it be being able to control them, or recruiting in the first place.

Also, its a well known fact that on average the quality of member in ND is not as high as in CT and even urwins. You and munkee seem to be saying that that cheapens their victory??? Surely it makes it all the much more impressive...

elitism is a big problem in pa (read: ascendancy is a big problem in pa)
Unread 24 Dec 2007, 17:11   #27
berten
respect, unity, order

berten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the rough

I've been reading this shit and it amazes me how bad CT takes this loss.

Sure, ND only won by 2 millio score. When u take into account that ct/urwins had a major lead over 3rd alliance when they broke up their nap, this still means we did overtook the both of you after you broke that nap.

The sole reason why CT came so close to ND is the fact they had their res piled from before the breakup with Urwins, after this happened CT got smashed to pieces. If it hadn't been for the 5.4 stronghold in fact you wouldn't have ended above Vengeance. (yes that was an exagerration).

You took a wild gamble by choosing not to fight the war, but rather try'n get the win by keep saving the resources u allready had, and u failed miserably.

You might have had every alliance attacking you, i even hope they did. U played your tactics/politics so badly you got every alliance armed vs you. ND was leading and we still managed (i dno who organised) to coordinate attacks on the only alliance that was at that point able to overtake us. If this is not well played politics, I must *sigh at what's left of HC'ing capability in the top alliances.

And if u can not admit that, admit that ND atleast tried to fight a war, a war that u avoided by res hiding. U could've secured your win, as there wouldn't have been any way we cld have stood up against your value when we started realising we could overtake you. Bad bad decision.

All i can really say is: We grabbed the opportunity, we got our members involved, got them attacking/defending where we could, and we won. This is where we achieved our goal and you miserably failed CT.

[ND]Berten
Unread 24 Dec 2007, 17:21   #28
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by berten
I've been reading this shit and it amazes me how bad CT takes this loss.
Your post is awful. Infact, I'd say that you're a worse winner than CT is a loser.

I don't really have a clue as to what went on this round, but at the end of the day, I'm personally going to blame our loss down to BlueArmy and the rest of the spies getting kicked. While you might look at this as our HC's fault in taking known twats into the alliance, consider the lack of players. Its becoming increasingly hard to fill a 70-man alliance.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Dec 2007, 17:45   #29
berten
respect, unity, order

berten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the rough

cld be i'm a worse winner.

Been reading this thread since saturday tough, and just seems strange to me that all that comes out is: "ND didn't deserve this win". Well, the ones that were able to do anything about it choose not to, kinda what i'm trying to say there. Rather u blame it on that, even with the ministry gang leaving CT they still could've taken the win easily.
Unread 24 Dec 2007, 17:48   #30
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

You might like to read some threads regarding previous round winners if you can be bothered to look, then.

Apparently, since PaX, nobody other than r11 1up and eXilition have deserved their win.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Dec 2007, 18:22   #31
jerome

Quote:
the fact CT got so much inc is partly down to shit politics on your HCs' behalf? They certainly tried to make the round very easy for themselves (eg handing out pnaps left right n centre) - so they completely and utterly failed. According to jupp (and I can fully believe it) your HCs were cocky n arrogant twats - failure again?

All a risk CT took though - in most rounds (ie, rounds where jupp isnt a hc being pestered by all the other hcs to get wars going) - ct would have won the round at a canter.

People left CT - politics again? (since it was all but effectively a bg that left you) - another complete and utter failure on your HCs' part? whether or not it be being able to control them, or recruiting in the first place.

Also, its a well known fact that on average the quality of member in ND is not as high as in CT and even urwins. You and munkee seem to be saying that that cheapens their victory??? Surely it makes it all the much more impressive...

elitism is a big problem in pa (read: ascendancy is a big problem in pa)
i'm not sure how you completely missed the point of my post and talked about completely different things but congratulations man...

simply said:
ND won because CT gave away it's win. (due to their own incompetence.)

i've got zero gripes with ND winning, if CT or Urwins had won (two truly woeful rounds played by both these alliances) it'd basically have signalled the death of PA as a competition. so it's really a good thing (sort of) that ND won. there's just no need for you newt, getting on a high horse about anything at all really.

edit: it's easy to misunderstand me here because i'm wording things like an alki or a stoom, i do not mean that ND didn't deserve to win - they deserved to more than any other alliance this round simply due to having the most score. but what the REAL important point is: CT/Urwins definitely did NOT deserve to win. and they didn't "luckily" so fair enough there.
Unread 24 Dec 2007, 19:03   #32
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It's the long time I've been happy about a win in planetarion. No rocks to chuck at them; ND just got on with it and came up top.

There are plenty of people who work hard for NewDawn and do very well in spite of the rocks people like to chuck at the alliance for things that were ultimately never their fault.

So well done ND.
Unread 24 Dec 2007, 19:09   #33
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Congratulations to excessum, or just jupp if he did everything. You made this round as interesting as it could be made.
Unread 24 Dec 2007, 19:20   #34
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The verb "to deserve" is overused.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Dec 2007, 23:04   #35
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

See, I think CT have gotten one thing wrong generally. They seem to think that they're a copy of 1up and ergo can do whatever they want and get away with it, taking the win aswell. I think some CT hc's should look within themselves and perhaps try to "mend" a few open wounds that MANY alliances have after being screwed over by CT far to many times.

As for TGV, we picked NewDawn because we KNOW that they are to be trusted, and that they have never screwed us over in the past. And after 10 rounds hc'ing in pax, I dont know of any alliance I can say the same about except Hidden Agenda and Howling Rain.

If you got the community against you, and think that this is a wargame and not a game that has some politics, then you are doomed to lose unless your name is eXilition.
Unread 25 Dec 2007, 00:06   #36
Munkee
Dictator

just curious in what way does ct copy 1up or whatever u put?
Unread 25 Dec 2007, 01:04   #37
Duo

Duo has a spectacular aura aboutDuo has a spectacular aura about

I dont understand all the bad vibes going around.

From my point of view CT had a difficult round with alot of inc all the time. We never tried to copy anybody or have less respect for any other alliance, which tbh should be easily shown by the leakage from our priv channel. The fact that we lost is just fine, CT core believes we deserved the win because we had the hardest round of all playing, nonetheless that doesnt mean ND doesnt deserve the win. They made better calls politics wise and werent stuck with the fags from ministry.

Infact most of us gave up going for the win after we got beaten badly, we didnt expect to come within 2M of ND anyway, most of us just felt we rather have ND win then Urwins. Thus well done ND.
Unread 25 Dec 2007, 01:36   #38
BlueArmy
EMO HC OF ASCENDANCY

BlueArmy will become famous soon enoughBlueArmy will become famous soon enough

congrats to ND for winning this round.. its nice to be mentioned cause i cant recall a single round i've played in any game i've done less the last half of a round, ever...

ct should have just kept more backup planets to hide people leaving etc.. having 15ish wasnt enough sadly :/

i'm glad it's nd winning and not urwins or ct..
and quit trying to blame ministry as a group for something individuals did, not our fault that veil05's is a dirty spy!
and the ministry in subh/xvx/angels/urwins etc doesnt seem to have caused huge annoying trouble, could it be a problem with CT?

Ministry for life.
BlueArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Dec 2007, 01:41   #39
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
(read: ascendancy is a big problem in pa)
I'm so glad you acknowledge our superiority.
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Dec 2007, 01:45   #40
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

While it might be that spies havent done much damage to any alliances, it is rather sad that some think that this is something that should be used, I am not coming from a moral point of view, more like from a survival point of view.

If this game has gotten down to having to plant spies in alliances then run off a couple of chans to relay from the alliances private channels for having fun, maybe the game itself have gotten so boring that somebody should find another game to play.
Unread 25 Dec 2007, 01:52   #41
BlueArmy
EMO HC OF ASCENDANCY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
If this game has gotten down to having to plant spies in alliances then run off a couple of chans to relay from the alliances private channels for having fun, maybe the game itself have gotten so boring that somebody should find another game to play.
have you read the log from when raketman killed angels?

relays often produce a lot of giggles, it's not really a useful tool since people by now know to not say coords in chans etc.. relay from a dc chan, prolly useful, but the priv chans are for innocent giggles..

Ministry for life.
Unread 25 Dec 2007, 02:03   #42
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueArmy
have you read the log from when raketman killed angels?

relays often produce a lot of giggles, it's not really a useful tool since people by now know to not say coords in chans etc.. relay from a dc chan, prolly useful, but the priv chans are for innocent giggles..
Uhm, and that was provided by members in their own alliance, not spies. But hey, why am I not suprised that you support having spies.
Unread 25 Dec 2007, 02:24   #43
jerome

Quote:
Uhm, and that was provided by members in their own alliance, not spies. But hey, why am I not suprised that you support having spies.
considering we were watching that in REAL TIME LIVE ACTION! i beg to differ

spies suck, but tv rules
Unread 25 Dec 2007, 02:26   #44
Elevator
Crackhead

Elevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
What's the difference of spies leacking info and players in ally leaking info? Both are spies imo. And the angels log was leaked by a member; true. But that certain member was a bad apple in ministry... It all comes down to loyalty and trust. Where is the players loyalty? BGs tend to keep together dispite different alliances (Gosu etc) and loyalty is with your close friends, not the ally you went to for one round.

Alltogether though;
You cant get extreme amounts of intel from a relay chan unless you have a total overview and you are looking for specifics. I think all in all we had a lot of giggles over conversations, raketman killing angels was the best!

Main thing is; you don't slap the hand that feeds you. But CT never feed me, so I was quite fine with slapping them.
Unread 25 Dec 2007, 02:47   #45
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

And then slapping them again. And again. And again. And then slapping CT got a little boring, so we started slapping another alliance. And another. And another...
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Dec 2007, 02:50   #46
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elevator
. It all comes down to loyalty and trust. Where is the players loyalty? BGs tend to keep together dispite different alliances (Gosu etc) and loyalty is with your close friends, not the ally you went to for one round.
What you are saying here holds plenty of truth. And it also holds what I think is 100% wrong with this game, or maybe the mentality of today's players. While earlier you wouldn't dream of giving up your alliance (well most of the people wouldn't at least) most of the players now have their loyalty elsewhere and it is killing this game.

Or maybe that is what the problem is, the true Planetarion players have left, and all we're left with is the ones that didn't have the sense to leave before the quality of the players turned to poo. Who am I to guess, after all, I'm still playing.

I would love to see a round where people actually tried to put their alliance first to get a REAL alliance round where the battle between the alliances were significantly more pointed than it is now. Now its just a thin soup because of all the mixed relations with people's loyalties going in all directions instead of focusing on just one thing.
Unread 25 Dec 2007, 02:57   #47
Elevator
Crackhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
And then slapping them again. And again. And again. And then slapping CT got a little boring, so we started slapping another alliance. And another. And another...

mz = the true master of PA
Unread 25 Dec 2007, 03:01   #48
Elevator
Crackhead

Quote:
Or maybe that is what the problem is, the true Planetarion players have left, and all we're left with is the ones that didn't have the sense to leave before the quality of the players turned to poo. Who am I to guess, after all, I'm still playing.
Quite true. Most left now either has no life, or uses PA to escape RL. And most oldtimers have attempted to leave the game several times.

Quote:
I would love to see a round where people actually tried to put their alliance first to get a REAL alliance round where the battle between the alliances were significantly more pointed than it is now. Now its just a thin soup because of all the mixed relations with people's loyalties going in all directions instead of focusing on just one thing.
Would be fun, but I think the alliance limit would have to be lowered to about 30-40 in order to make things somewhat equal. (ofc that does not stop alliances from CT to have 20ish players outside of tag like usual)
Unread 25 Dec 2007, 03:11   #49
BlueArmy
EMO HC OF ASCENDANCY

Quote:
so, owning up to Captain Clueless position? That log was provided by myself, not an angels member, but the tv we had. OH WELL!
And i've never been a spy nor am i ever going to be..

oh and the other parts u're saying, i've always played for my alliance, be it fury, ministry, eclipse or fang. even this round i joined ct attacks on a daily basis and tried to help out as much as possible..
and i would love to see a round where people play for their alliance, but 70 member alliances, face it they dont exist. the alliance/friends/community groups are around 30-40 but to stand a chance in the race for top tag they need to take in 30+ people that arent really a part of the group.. and being outsiders in group where core gets favorised will always cause problems.. u'll also always get some bad apples..

Drop down tag size and u'll have 10ish alliances fighting for top tag and not 1-2.. Min/Asc/Exc/Etc are just a few of those groups that could actually play for a win and not just being there as pain in the ass due to lacking numbers..

Ministry for life.
Unread 25 Dec 2007, 13:33   #50
ElAlan
Muppet

ElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueArmy
i'm glad it's nd winning and not urwins or ct..
and quit trying to blame ministry as a group for something individuals did, not our fault that veil05's is a dirty spy!
and the ministry in subh/xvx/angels/urwins etc doesnt seem to have caused huge annoying trouble, could it be a problem with CT?
It is indeed all Veil05's fault if we are being honest, all the rest of us, inluding myself are comletely blameless ofc

Problem with CT...nahhhhhh (sarcasm)

Retired.
ElAlan is offline   Reply With Quote