User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 16 May 2008, 21:03   #1
zebra
h3ll's angels

zebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to behold
Prehavoc

Many people like to change their race for havoc, but currently the only avenue for this is the ingame reset option (24 ticks + all fleets must be home). It's pretty annoying for us players having to wait for this during havoc ticks, but also pretty annoying for PAteam to go in and change peoples' races manually (which they don't do anyways). There are a few fixes a 5 minute brainstorm came up with, with various levels of complexity:

1. Remove the 24 tick wait time.
2. Add ticks between the round end and havoc start, but have protection mode on (or not). Those not resetting would get another day's worth of income and constructions, and those resetting wouldn't miss any actual action but would be at a slight disadvantage.

Important to keep in mind that havoc is about fun (just like the real round!), and that while some people try harder in havoc and their rank matters more to them than in the real round, this is not the norm and shouldn't be a reason against this idea. The biggest problem is that resetting during havoc doesn't give you the bonus again (I think (probably an anti-abuse measure)).
[18:04] * h3ll has quit IRC (Ping timeout)
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2008, 04:54   #2
s7n
7ish

s7n is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Prehavoc

I honestly don't really care how it's done, but I still think a player should be able to pick the race of their choice for havoc, as played 1.2k ticks with the same race does drag on so a little change in atmosphere for the "fun" part of the round would do nothing but be beneficial for everyone.
Unread 17 May 2008, 08:11   #3
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

I refuse to "play" havoc till they make the ticks smaller.
5 minutes or something

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2008, 14:05   #4
Alezzar
Bibliophile

Alezzar is infamous around these parts

Havoc with 15 mins tick is booring..
r24-r26 Vengeance
r27-r29 - Ascendancy
r30 - r35 - New Dawn
r36 -r37 - Euphoria
r43 - r46 - New Dawn
r47 - r51 - Ultores
r67 - - New Dawn
Alezzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2008, 16:39   #5
zebra
h3ll's angels

zebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to behold

Eh well reset gives basically the same bonus so this isn't all that necessary anymore (except 72 ticks of protection is quite unfortunate still). Have a nice day
[18:04] * h3ll has quit IRC (Ping timeout)
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2008, 06:42   #6
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem!
I refuse to "play" havoc till they make the ticks smaller.
5 minutes or something
I believe this is what the speed game is for? Havoc ticks have always been 15 minutes, and some of us enjoy it.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2008, 07:43   #7
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroe
I believe this is what the speed game is for? Havoc ticks have always been 15 minutes, and some of us enjoy it.
Havoc ticks haven't always been 15 minutes.
From round 10.5 till 15-16 (when I started playing) havoc ticks were either 1 minute or 5 minutes depending on the round.
I believe they first changed it from 1 minute to 5 minutes because the ticker couldn't handle it.

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2008, 22:53   #8
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
From round 10.5 till 15-16 (when I started playing) havoc ticks were either 1 minute or 5 minutes depending on the round.
I believe they first changed it from 1 minute to 5 minutes because the ticker couldn't handle it.
That's not my recollection, I thought they were always 15 minutes. Perhaps it's the speedgame where ticks changed?
Unread 19 May 2008, 23:11   #9
Cincinnatus
PA Team

Cincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud of

Quote:
I'm pretty sure havoc haven't been running with 1-5min ticks, just the ticktime alone suggests that would be hard, we're ticking at less than 1 min in havoc atm, but that's with minimum amount of combat, and with the ticker code being faster now and having less planets to tick, it's doubtful they could run that fast ticks.

Also, there's the info available on the portal that suggests the ticks in no way were that fast:
R11 havoc: 15min ticks
R12 havoc: 20min ticks
R14/R15/R16/R17 havoc: 15min ticks

The tick speed is taken from the announcements, though they don't go further back than r11, i doubt r10-10.5 had much faster ticks.
MultiHunter Team -#multihunters
Cincinnatus is offline   Reply With Quote