User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 9 Jan 2004, 14:33   #1
JBOY
Retired

JBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to all
Has sunday actually been trying to help GD?

Note Evergreens thread title's as of late.

Chose the power animal for the poster above you

chose a poster's user title

Which mods do you miss and why?

etc etc

Once upon a time, these threads would probably have gotten somewhere in the 5-6 pages ranks, full of witty and intersting banter, on topic comments, and a fair few insults.

Note that the majority of these threads have gone largely off topic, and mostly due to Jakiri posting utter shite all over the place and going off topic.

Such threads without the off topic ness might well have survived and brought back the frenzied and amusing posting of old.

Now, either sunday is actually trying to help the forums, or he has a more darkmotive, such massive threads used to also occaisionally go off topic in massive flame fests full of trolling and insults. Is sunday trying to actually help make the forums a brighter and better place again, or simply to find more places to flame and troll like the good ol' days??????????

Last edited by JBOY; 9 Jan 2004 at 14:47.
Unread 9 Jan 2004, 14:34   #2
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: How Sunday's actually been trying to help the forums...

You could almost say he is trying to make the forums "evergreen".

LOL!
Unread 9 Jan 2004, 14:38   #3
Hostile
The Milky Bar Kid

Hostile is an unknown quantity at this point

Hes trying to fill a nodrog shaped hole
Unread 9 Jan 2004, 14:47   #4
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hostile
Hes trying to fill a nodrog shaped hole

Are the best i've ever had
Unread 9 Jan 2004, 14:48   #5
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBOY
Note that the majority of these threads have gone largely off topic, and mostly due to Jakiri posting utter shite all over the place and going off topic.
Just fpck off you cpnt. If those threads have gone off topic, it's been because of people like JetLinus and Sayonara (spot the dog), or Kura and Leshy (discussing me of all things), or the like, NOT ME. I've forcibly made on-topic posts in the middle of a derailment for gods sake.

The only thread on the front page that I've got off topic is the 'Lets ban MrL for getting things off topic lol he sucks!' one, and you wonder why I did.

Sunday says the same things, and in one of his threads it went more off topic when he started to complain that I was going off topic than I ever did in my (one, up until then) off topic post.
Unread 9 Jan 2004, 15:02   #6
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

Jboy puts things in a selective context and tries and frame's up someone's style shocker :P

In my defence I give you the following threads.

Haircuts.

Shattered is a fraud.

The new Williams Formula 1 car.

Let's also not ignore that I contribute on some, not all threads, where and when I can appropriately contribute based on experience/knowledge.

Just to prove I'm not a one trick dan, my only darkmotive is to make people say they like me again.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Unread 9 Jan 2004, 15:07   #7
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm not sure if anyone said they didn't like you because you didn't start any decent threads. It's mainly because your posting style is often pointlessly agressive with stuff like "This is a crap thread I hope it dies" or "That's a crap post, what did it contribute to this thread". It's that kind of thing which eventually got Yahweh banned and why no one minded when he did.

Because you're sometimes agressive in this fashion people then go out of their way to do it back to you, which ocassionally messes up threads. Witness people pointing out silly grammatical errors in your posts (when they do happen) not because it matters, but they want to annoy you back. I make tonnes of mistakes, but people rarely correct me. It's either because they don't read my crap, or because I don't bother correcting (usually) their minor typos and stuff.

Chill out, or something. I don't want to see anyone banned (except crap flooders) so why can't we just all have a time.
Unread 9 Jan 2004, 15:09   #8
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

*wonders where dante is coming from*

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit

Unread 9 Jan 2004, 15:13   #9
Evergreen
the merciless

Anywhere near Hounslow?

Unread 9 Jan 2004, 15:17   #10
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen
*wonders where dante is coming from*
No where near Hounslow.

But anyway, I was just trying to explain some of the hating, but I'm sure you're fully aware of the phenomenon. I just meant we should probably be trying to strike a balance.

You don't want it to be too easy going, people should have to ocassionally defend something they've said, or not be too lax when it comes to quoting, or referencing, or whatever. But at the same time, I don't like the idea that people are basically afraid of posting because someone will come down on them like a tonne of bricks. This would especially stifle new users from posting.
Unread 9 Jan 2004, 15:17   #11
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Ban sunday. He took the thread off topic.
Unread 9 Jan 2004, 15:20   #12
Evergreen
the merciless

T&F did.

I am seeing a pattern to mark's posting though.

Unread 9 Jan 2004, 15:22   #13
Dante Hicks
Clerk

This kind of sniping is what I'm talking about. Not only is it not really condusive to discussion, it's also frightening uninteresting unless you're involved in the soap opera itself.

edit : Since the topic of this thread is going off-topic (sort of) it's kind of hard to actually go off topic. But I have faith.

edit2 : Going off topic isn't a bad thing, necessarily. Crap posting is though, irrespective of topic.
Unread 9 Jan 2004, 15:23   #14
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute

mark.. you have a history and a reputation of taking threads off topic :P

and i was thinking the same as jboy.. but paul.. i don't think that you can ever bring the 'old' forums back :\
though i like the attempt at making the current ones better
Unread 9 Jan 2004, 15:23   #15
Evergreen
the merciless

I agree and for once I'm stunned mark has been this well crap over the last two days posting, I literally have been wanting to wring his neck for what he has been doing to threads and even forcing certain people to actively moderate them.

Isn't this topic in itself though a rather subtle snipe?

Unread 9 Jan 2004, 15:24   #16
Evergreen
the merciless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryn

and i was thinking the same as jboy.. but paul.. i don't think that you can ever bring the 'old' forums back :\
though i like the attempt at making the current ones better
Did you see my userrolename suggestion for yah?

Unread 9 Jan 2004, 15:28   #17
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute

no! i shall go look for it
Unread 9 Jan 2004, 15:35   #18
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
I agree and for once I'm stunned mark has been this well crap over the last two days posting, I literally have been wanting to wring his neck for what he has been doing to threads and even forcing certain people to actively moderate them.
Oh fpck off, you can do better than this. As I said to W, if you exclude the 'Lets ban mrl he's shit lol' thread, most of posting has been about the morality of the rules/morality of the right to life or death/global warming, and the like.
Unread 9 Jan 2004, 15:36   #19
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
And paul has a history and reputation of being a stupid troll who gets banned very quickly.
Unread 9 Jan 2004, 15:37   #20
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Did you see my userrolename suggestion for yah?
lol going off topic lol take it to pm lol
Unread 9 Jan 2004, 15:38   #21
Aryn
Happy

wow feel the love in this thread
<3
Unread 9 Jan 2004, 15:38   #22
Evergreen
the merciless

Seeing as mark is getting more and more heated and he is not likely to stop posting I'm going to take a little break from this arena and entertain the delightful gf a bit.

Hopefully when I return Mark will have found his dummy and stopped throwing a tantrum and we can resume entertaining general discussion.

Unread 9 Jan 2004, 15:44   #23
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Seeing as mark is getting more and more heated and he is not likely to stop posting I'm going to take a little break from this arena and entertain the delightful gf a bit.

Hopefully when I return Mark will have found his dummy and stopped throwing a tantrum and we can resume entertaining general discussion.
We all bow to your wisdom great master of the internet.
Unread 9 Jan 2004, 15:56   #24
Aryn
Happy

this is entertaining. i vote neither of them gets banned.
we haven't had two people who hate each other like this on the boards for a while
Unread 9 Jan 2004, 16:33   #25
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Yeah, not since YahweII and everyone else on the planet.
Unread 9 Jan 2004, 17:10   #26
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Just fpck off you cpnt. If those threads have gone off topic, it's been because of people like JetLinus and Sayonara (spot the dog)
OI!

I make up for my O/T posts by shutting the hell up for 4-month periods.

Anyway, Spot only came up because someone asked me about it. Would you rather I was rude and ignored another user?

Bloody hippy.

[edit] I was going to make a post to the "hey let's ban Mark OMG lollyroflllorr" thread, but it was closed before I could. So here it is:
Quote:
GD in "let's amputate another personality" shocker.
Unread 9 Jan 2004, 17:11   #27
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

I don't oppose off topic posting you ninny, just me being blamed for derailing threads that were Potters Barred a long time before.
Unread 9 Jan 2004, 17:16   #28
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

This is fun fun fun fun fun!
Unread 9 Jan 2004, 17:17   #29
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice

Quote:
I don't oppose off topic posting you ninny, just me being blamed for derailing threads that were Potters Barred a long time before.
I'm sure you could have found other examples without dragging me into it

ps - see edit.
Unread 9 Jan 2004, 17:21   #30
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

I prefer the term 'Posterectomy'
Unread 9 Jan 2004, 17:23   #31
Evergreen
the merciless

You are generally to blame for off-topic'ness, likewise you were notorious yesterday for dragging one freaking thread you made a dingbats over into EVERYONE ELSE'S TOPIC so you could hold the attention of everyone you wanted to argue with which was just beyond the line in toleration of your pedantic posting.

Unread 9 Jan 2004, 17:23   #32
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
You are generally to blame for off-topic'ness, likewise you were notorious yesterday for dragging one freaking thread you made a dingbats over into EVERYONE ELSE'S TOPIC so you could hold the attention of everyone you wanted to argue with which was just beyond the line in toleration of your pedantic posting.
I don't it for attention you ****ing idiot.
Unread 9 Jan 2004, 17:24   #33
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
**** you Dante.

why **** him? he's right you know
Unread 9 Jan 2004, 17:26   #34
Evergreen
the merciless

You did it to get the attention of everyone you were arguing with in that thread.

Literally berating anyone who had a disagreement with you and was busy having 'general discussions' elsewhere.

Hence why I told you not to start that shit in such and such a thread cause you were.

Admit it you were ill, upset and had a bit too much time and not enough sense on your hands yesterday.

Unread 9 Jan 2004, 17:28   #35
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
You did it to get the attention of everyone you were arguing with in that thread.

Literally berating anyone who had a disagreement with you and was busy having 'general discussions' elsewhere.
I may have been ill, but it doesn't mean I did it to get attention.

And I don't know what the hell you're on about with the 2nd line.
Unread 9 Jan 2004, 17:29   #36
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
why **** him? he's right you know
Some sort of reward scheme possibly.
Unread 9 Jan 2004, 17:31   #37
sayonara
Shai Halud

The content of this thread so far might make for some good evidence once it finally gets back on topic.
Unread 9 Jan 2004, 17:32   #38
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayonara
The content of this thread so far might make for some good evidence once it finally gets back on topic.
[edit]

oic
Unread 9 Jan 2004, 17:34   #39
Evergreen
the merciless

Mark you were out of line admit it

Please please tell me what and why the hell did you feel the need to start page 2 with that post there. You were being extremely petty yesterday and this goes to prove it.

Now rest your laurels and go cry somewhere else.

p.s. your incessent use of the letter p to censor evade a certain word goes to another extreme to show how small-minded you have gotten in the space of 48 hours. You have went from ADHD to Obsessive Neurotic Compulsive....

Unread 9 Jan 2004, 17:35   #40
Aryn
Happy

Re: Has sunday actually been trying to help GD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBOY
Now, either sunday is actually trying to help the forums, or he has a more darkmotive, such massive threads used to also occaisionally go off topic in massive flame fests full of trolling and insults. Is sunday trying to actually help make the forums a brighter and better place again, or simply to find more places to flame and troll like the good ol' days??????????

well.. after watching sunday troll mrl.. hmm...
Unread 9 Jan 2004, 17:35   #41
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Mark you were out of line admit it

Please please tell me what and why the hell did you feel the need to start page 2 with that post there. You were being extremely petty yesterday and this goes to prove it.
I posted that because it was a reply to someone else's post, with perfectly applicable content.

That's what, you know, discussion boards are FOR duder.
Unread 9 Jan 2004, 17:37   #42
Evergreen
the merciless

Quote:
I posted that because it was a reply to someone else's post, with perfectly applicable content.

That's what, you know, discussion boards are FOR duder.
The first 5 words were relevant.

The rest wasn't.

You could of left your reply at the first 5 words and it'd of been fine. I can see that, I'm sure everyone else can see that if asked.

Now grow the hell up as DM put it.

Unread 9 Jan 2004, 17:38   #43
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
The first 5 words were relevant.

The rest wasn't.

I can see that, I'm sure everyone else can see that.

Now grow the hell up as DM put it.
What's the best way to put this... I think 'go fpck yourself' fits nicely.
Unread 9 Jan 2004, 17:39   #44
Evergreen
the merciless

Quote:
well.. after watching sunday troll mrl.. hmm...
Now be fair you know this thread just needed moderated, Mark got the ball rolling (hating to be one that says he started it...) and he can stop it anytime. I have already laid down the peace pipe and he kicked it away like a little baby.

I can't see how you can paint me as the bad guy here.

Unread 9 Jan 2004, 17:40   #45
Aryn
Happy

shutup both of you or i'll be forced to moderate you!!
Unread 9 Jan 2004, 17:40   #46
Evergreen
the merciless

Quote:
What's the best way to put this... I think 'go **** yourself' fits nicely.
Quote:

p.s. your incessent use of the letter p to censor evade a certain word goes to another extreme to show how small-minded you have gotten in the space of 48 hours. You have went from ADHD to Obsessive Neurotic Compulsive....
Grow up mark, and not literally your already tall as it is.

Unread 9 Jan 2004, 17:41   #47
Aryn
Happy

i dunno which is worse.. trolling or being trolled.
Unread 9 Jan 2004, 17:41   #48
sayonara
Shai Halud

Suggesting someone might not necessarily wish to reply is not the same as laying down the peace pipe.
Unread 9 Jan 2004, 17:41   #49
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Now be fair you know this thread just needed moderated, Mark got the ball rolling (hating to be one that says he started it...) and he can stop it anytime. I have already laid down the peace pipe and he kicked it away like a little baby.

I can't see how you can paint me as the bad guy here.
Really? I would have throught JBOY got the ball rolling, what with him having the first post (on this topic) and all.

Furthermore, I didn't have a problem with anything until you decided to rant and rave all over the boards, in an ironic display of off topicness.
Unread 9 Jan 2004, 17:43   #50
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Grow up mark, and not literally your already tall as it is.
I preferred to think of the 'fpck' thing as an ironic reference to the simultaneous success and failure of the system of censorship we have on this forum.
Closed Thread