User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 13 May 2004, 00:08   #1
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
So , Phone Scamming

Im sure someones heard of this one (particularly my learned colleagues here in the Phones business).

"Hello there Mr (insert householder name). Your number has been chosen to receive a free T-Mobile handset and will be entered into our prize draw for a digital camera worth £99. We are currently offering you a package for £13.99 a month which will allow you to send 50 free texts a month and have 750 minutes of offpeak calltime to UK landlines per month If you are agreeable to this (No prizes for guessing where my mystery caller is phoning me from ... yep, its a call centre in India) , you will be contacted shortly by my colleague who will send you all the necessary paperwork"

Now im pretty sure cold calling like this is legal, but exceptionally annoying (yesterday the same company , different person phoned. I took the call and told them the owner of the house was on holiday and couldnt take their call, thanks for calling, but today my moronic brother took the call, and was baffled by the poorly spoken sales pitch of our Indian Friends), but is this a regular occurrence in the industry, and more impotantly, why this household?

I know the IOM has a very high earning ratio per household, but for chrissakes , the guy was selling a phone on a network WHICH WONT EVEN WORK ON THIS ISLAND, but his script was telling him it could.

Im waiting on call number three tomorrow , same bat time , same bat channel. Someone got an interesting conversation i can strike up with him to take him off his game? Im tempted to say this time that i dont have a phone, and phones are a tool of the devil, and my lord and saviour Jesus Christ didnt have no damned mobile phone.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 May 2004, 00:13   #2
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: So , Phone Scamming

I think these calls come in bursts.

There was a time i got cold called every day for a fortnight.

At the moment tho im blissfully cold call free \o/
Unread 13 May 2004, 00:13   #3
JBOY
Retired

JBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to all

McD's tech support, is a company called fujitsu.
when things get really really bad.
we go higher up.
all the way to india.
Unread 13 May 2004, 12:17   #4
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

First off, this isnt the network themselves. No network stoops that low to get customers. Its greedy ****ing dealers, who will sell you a shit price plan, with a shit phone, just to get the commission from the networks.

There are a few things you can do, drag it out, seem that you are extremely interested, ask the most retarded questions, over, and over, and over again. Keep the **** on the phone for as long as is humanly possible, waste his time. When it comes to giving your personal details, give fake ones.

Get right up to the point where he says about signing a 12 month contract, and tell him you aint signing no contract foo!

Bonus points go for getting his name, and number, and the company he works for, and pranking the **** out of them for revenge.
Unread 13 May 2004, 12:18   #5
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBOY
McD's tech support, is a company called fujitsu.
when things get really really bad.
we go higher up.
all the way to india.
Same at Vodafone!

Except, when things get really bad. We're ****ed.
Unread 13 May 2004, 12:34   #6
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Since we're in a student house which has no landline this is not an issue...

BUT

My parents were getting fed up of this sort of thing around 2 years ago, and apparently there is some sort of opt-out list you can get on which ALL telemarketing services targetting the UK, be it internally or from abroad, are supposed to adhear to.
I've no idea what it's called unfortunately but a bit of googling should help you, and it's worked like a charm for them (about 2 junk calls in the last 2 years vs. about 1 a week before they were on it)
Unread 13 May 2004, 12:56   #7
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Telemarketers make my day.

Just pronounce that you don't believe in whatever they're selling. If they ask why, tell them to stop oppressing you. Then hang up.
Unread 13 May 2004, 19:19   #8
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

One of my old school teachers kept getting pestered for double glazing. One day he told them he was interested in a conservatory so could they come around to measure up. The only problem was he lived in a block of flats
Unread 13 May 2004, 19:33   #9
insane_in_da_membrane
Blowdried

insane_in_da_membrane is an unknown quantity at this point

megla, I think it's called the telephone preference service.
insane_in_da_membrane is offline   Reply With Quote