User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 20 Mar 2004, 06:13   #1
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts
[spoilers] Dawn of the Dead

well, I just got in from seeing it....and if you expect the original, you'll be disappointed.

There was atleast as much blood, guts and, gore...but it just wasn't as cool.

The gun shop isn't in the mall this time, it's across the road...which makes for some good humour. The owner of the gun shop sits up on the roof and picks off zombies refered to as Jay Leno, Burt Reynolds and Rosie O'Donell. Oh, and the zombie baby makes you giggle for a second before the blow it's head off (shades of Dead Alive).

The zombies are alot faster in this one too...they actually keep up with vehicles, which makes it a bit more exciting...and based on the ending, I think they may be toying with the idea of re-doing Day of the Dead as well, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Anyway, anyone else see it yet (ya ya, I know...it just opened today in North America so it prolly won't be in the UK for a few more weeks).

Thoughts?
Unread 20 Mar 2004, 09:13   #2
Muha
The Port Royale

Muha will become famous soon enoughMuha will become famous soon enough
Re: [spoilers] Dawn of the Dead

Too bad we in New Zealand have to wait to see it

Ive already booked my tickets too see it, and im sure i wont be dissapointed

Besides, no-one really ever expects a sequal/remake to live up the the original
[16:45] <Ur_Quan> brains?? am i missing something??
(13:17:44) (+PyRo`) Muha is a genius <3
(02:51:02) • +Siv|Risk bows before the overwhelming knowledge of Muha
Muha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2004, 12:13   #3
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I have had reliable reports that it's absolutely terrible.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2004, 14:48   #4
JBOY
Retired

JBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilly_D

Anyway, anyone else see it yet (ya ya, I know...it just opened today in North America so it prolly won't be in the UK for a few more weeks).

Thoughts?
http://www.odeon.co.uk/pls/Odeon/Ode...MA=dunfermline

its been showing since wednesday.

it dissapointed me :O(
Unread 20 Mar 2004, 15:33   #5
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
I have had reliable reports that it's absolutely terrible.
well, I wouldn't say it's absolutely terrible....but it isn't as good as I expected. But, as far as zombie flicks go, it's descent. There's lots of fantastic gore, it was worth it just to see that
Unread 20 Mar 2004, 15:33   #6
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Almost all zombie films are terrible, though.
Unread 20 Mar 2004, 15:36   #7
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Quote:
perhaps in your opinion
Unread 21 Mar 2004, 00:45   #8
JBOY
Retired

JBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to all

Quote:

it depends really.

if you view all films by the same standards, and look for the same thing, then rarelly will you sit and actually enjoy a film.

if you go in expecting certain things from a certain genre, and actually enjoy that genre, then it makes a great film.

for instance, freddy vs jason. i expected a young girl to get her tits out in the first 10 minutes, gory deaths, and the familiar jason soundaffect cha cha cha, chi chi chi, before jason appears. i expected freddy to be corny and cheesy, and for the clean cut girl to be so incredibly stereotypical it was laughable, trip up whilst running away, cry lots, etc, only for her to make a valiant speech at the end and defeat the evil villians. As such Freddy Vs Jason, was utterly fantastically good. It did, for me, and lots of other people what it was supposed to do, entertain.

nowadays films are so into being original, getting so many minutes of bullet time and fancy CGI effects they often fail to entertain.

It's all about perspective really, and of course, the always varying personal opinion.
Unread 21 Mar 2004, 01:24   #9
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

That's strength within a genre, not relative strength of genre.
Unread 21 Mar 2004, 02:40   #10
JBOY
Retired

Quote:
That's strength within a genre, not relative strength of genre.

true.

but, as i said.

it's about personal opinion, and entertainment......