User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Recruitment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 23 Sep 2004, 01:22   #1
-=Zyth=-
Paranoid Android

-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about
SiN in round 12.

Well, now that Round 12 is almost upon us, I thought I would update all those people who hunger for information on the Safety in Numbers alliance [SiN].

First let me fill you in on how things have gone in Round 11.

I first posted about my intention to set up SiN about halfway through the round after I left 1up looking for more of a challenge. The challenge was simple, to educate new players about how to play PA without having the incovenience of trying to win, or pandering to the ego's of self-important nobodies. I did this on my own, with the only weapons at my disposal was my meager knowledge of having played every round (except 7) and done just about every position there was to do in an alliance (except tech). I had started the ball rolling.

At first not much happened, then Mastro approached me and suggested a merge with Tides, this was not a problem at all as we had very similar goals in mind. Tides had been set up as a trainee alliance to feed to ToF. Tides tho was not beholden to ToF, so the merger was amicable. At this point we promoted Tearz to our little HC team, and so the rolling ball had started to gather momentum.

Several small alliances joined up with us and so boosted our member base. However for all alliances that joined up with us, there were 3 simple rules: your members have P nicks; you members are active; everybody fights, otherwise: Your members dont join; your members get kicked out; likewise. These are not odious rules, simple to understand and easy to keep up with. The ball was moving very fast now.

For our members we offered many things, an attack everynight, defence when we could help and advice on how to attack properly, defend properly, how to act on irc, and advice on just about anything PA related. Oh and a private channel (hello swarm!)

We enjoyed several wars, with ARS and notably with SU, these were the alliances who were directly above us in the alliance rankings, this is a policy we shall be continuing into r12, so we will be perpetually at war, this is a wargame and thats how we play it, at war. All the wars we participated ended with a successful resolution i.e. we overtook them in the rankings, and being the very nice people that we are, there were no ill feelings. The damn ball aint gathering no moss now you know.

At the arse end of the round we turned the charm offensive on SU, an alliance which had been set up by Amnesia and had great success as far as a non-IRC alliance could have, several of their players did however use IRC and it was these guys whom we wanted to join up with SiN for r12. Eventually our persistance payed off and Amnesia joined our HC team and brought over those irc active guys in SU who wished to come. SU still exist, they didnt merge or fold with this movement of players, those that stayed didnt want to play the game using irc as the main channel of communication and so would stick with the 'old way'

OK so there is a brief account of where we started and where we got to in the 5 or 6 weeks that we played r11.

Since then we have been working on our tech and MO (Millitary Officers). we now have around 10 MO's all of whom are being trained up or were already trained up, half of all our members are from US/AUS, this is reflected in our MO team, so we always have somebody awake and chatting or ready to help out. Our tech is secret and leet (bleh) ok forums and an ace bot, that does everything from defence and attacks to ship stats and relaying info (just like all the big alliances have)

Our aims are still the same as when we started up, 'If you are a newbie, If you are active, If you want to use IRC, If you want to learn, If you want to fight, then talk to us...'

I will add an emphasis here, we are all about defence, we will be running a point system for those members who defend most, those members who ask for a lot of defence and offering none are not welcome in SiN.

I mean by emphasis, that they will be labeled def whores.

Those members who defend loads, and always offer defence will always be favoured by our Mo's when it comes to defence and attacks. So its a win win situation if you are a team player...

We also have the sexiest alliance abrieviation: [SiN]

And we dont use the annoying fire smiley in our recruitment threads.

Our HC team are:

Mastro
Tearz
Amycus
Amnesia
and me.

You must use irc if you want to be a part of SiN

I urge you to read this page : http://passport.planetarion.com/misc.php?ID=15

When you have connected to irc join #sin this is our public room and if you have any problems an op (these are the people with an @ before their name). We look forward to talking to you!

Those people who know us, know that SiN is in very safe hands, even if Amycus wants to....smile.gif hehe best not.

We are currently talking to some large alliances with regards to gal sharing in r12, and if (as is expected tho by no means a certainty) the gals are 5 private and 5 random, we shall be recruiting the active random new guys from our gals to join up with us. So it would be in the interests of anybody who wants a piece of our action to get in quick, while they can. Remember an alliance has a limit of 100 players.

Our inactivity policy is this: If you are inactive without telling us why, we will kick you out.

Why? Simple answer, we look after those members that look after us, an inactive player is looking after nobody.

The same goes for Def leaches, who would not only get kicked, but would experience 'Scorched Earch' at a close and personal level.

With this being said, our members know that this is not a joke alliance like some, its deadly serious...

We are not just recruiting 'New' players, we would also like to offer the chance to some 'old hands', experienced players who would like to help out with advice and more practical help. One thing tho, we only need 10, and SiN must be your 1 and only alliance.

Sumary:

IRC Channel = #sin
Our aim = Kick Arse
Your duties = Kick Arse

OK lets kick arse!

[SiN]
Safety in Numbers

NEVER AGAIN! Retired
-=Zyth=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2004, 21:05   #2
CeeRo
[SiN]

CeeRo is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: SiN in round 12.

Do join us in the arsekicking, or we set you up the bomb!
Unread 25 Sep 2004, 16:19   #3
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

glad to see you guys got your heads screwed on right

good luck in R12

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2004, 17:36   #4
god113
Ex-Player

god113 has a spectacular aura aboutgod113 has a spectacular aura about

best of luck
god113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Sep 2004, 00:17   #5
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

I cant wait, infact I'm nearly wetting myself for a good ol' battle
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2004, 18:50   #6
jleedham

jleedham is on a distinguished road

well after meeting these guys they seem like a nice bunch and pretty organised to so who knows mayB they can do well GL guys see ya in chan if u ever need a hand just ask

Have You Growled At The Badger Recently?
jleedham is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2004, 13:07   #7
Amnesia
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Amnesia is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice to have you around in our public jsar
Unread 30 Sep 2004, 14:48   #8
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Gl SiN!!!!
I met one of your HC and he is cool!!!

GL in ROund 12. And Good job Zyth.
Unread 5 Oct 2004, 20:20   #9
Mastro
#SiN

Mastro is an unknown quantity at this point

Still a week before the rounds starts ticking. Talk to any of the ops about possible recruitment in #sin. Still have time to organize gals for the upcoming round.
Unread 7 Oct 2004, 09:13   #10
Exode
W00f w00f w00f

Exode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really nice

Best of luck to SiN. Hope you will surprise me

Exode
Exode is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2004, 23:26   #11
-=Zyth=-
Paranoid Android

-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about

I doubt that exode, but then you know me already

[SiN]
Safety in Numbers

NEVER AGAIN! Retired
Unread 8 Oct 2004, 03:56   #12
Dchater101
DC

Dchater101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Gl Sin...yall kno and i will be sure to idle in ur channel

R11 - 23:6:10 - rank 2097 - Insomnia
Dchater101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Oct 2004, 05:36   #13
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I rarely post here, except when I can make some witty flame but in this case I'll make an exception.

Good luck SiN, I wish you the best of luck. On a personal and not alliance level, if you need any help or just a chat then just holler. You know where I am

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 09:38   #14
Tearz
Peter Pwn

Tearz will become famous soon enoughTearz will become famous soon enough

And Ticks have Begun!

Old and brand new players alike, it's not too late to join us for what should be an exciting round for SiN!

There's still also the possibility of being placed into a private galaxy, but best be quick!

As per previous posts, feel free to pop along to #sin and chat to an OP about recruitment.
Tearz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 09:49   #15
Jay-Em
#dragons

Jay-Em is an unknown quantity at this point

good luck

PA r3-r10.5, EA, Corvus, BD, VGN, Ðragons
r12 : Vengeance r13: eXilition r15: eXilition r16: VGN
r27: Denial r30: Omen r31: SPOOOOOON r32: Apprime / inactive latestarter..r33: CT / latestarter
r34 p3n r35 p3n r36 p3n r65 allianceless latestarter/VGN (I am not back..)
Jay-Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 09:55   #16
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

goodluck with the round guys

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2004, 20:17   #17
Amnesia
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

In the past few days we've had more and more people applying in-game, some with really good motivations to join us. This while not having visited our irc channel and talking to an HC there. Unfortunatelly there is no way we can reach those people, thus we hope they are reading here

I would like to remind everyone that we only accept people after having spoken with them on IRC

So get to #sin if that is you
Unread 17 Oct 2004, 21:43   #18
Ferretus
ARS HQ

Ferretus has a little shameless behaviour in the past

"We also have the sexiest alliance abrieviation: [SiN]"

Nah, ARS is better.

Glad to have you guys above us this time. We're hoping for a quiet round :-)

Please bear in mind that much of what I say is intended to cause discussion. It may not reflect my personal favouritism or even have any involvement with my situation. In short bitching at me is pointless, so discuss the idea :-)
Ferretus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2004, 17:24   #19
Mastro
#SiN

Mastro is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferretus

Nah, ARS is better.

Why would you want a quiet round. We know you liked it
Unread 22 Oct 2004, 18:11   #20
-=Zyth=-
Paranoid Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferretus

Nah, ARS is better.

We got your co-ords as well

[SiN]
Safety in Numbers

NEVER AGAIN! Retired
Unread 22 Oct 2004, 19:23   #21
stevie vee

stevie vee is an unknown quantity at this point

Alright Guys.

Me and my galaxy are considering which allliance we fancy.

How many members have you got at the moment etc?
stevie vee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2004, 20:15   #22
Amnesia
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie vee
Alright Guys.

Me and my galaxy are considering which allliance we fancy.

How many members have you got at the moment etc?
For the current membercount and ranking you can best take a look at universe > alliances. You'd see that we currently have around 70 members. That's not the most important though, it would be best if you visited our irc channel along with any other interested galmates. That is where you can see what we're about

Hope to see you around in #sin on irc.netgamers.org then
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 15:15   #23
Amnesia
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Just a small update on this thread to keep everyone up to date about our current recruitment situation. We are still accepting people in two ways at the moment:

1) by Vouch or Invite
2) via a Trial period

The trial period takes place in our recruit channel. People enrolling in the trial are asked to be around in that recruit channel to show their activity, while performing attacks and defending eachother where possible. The alliance will support the recruits where needed. After being on trial somewhere between a couple of days and a week the active recruits will be invited to join SiN

This ensures an active community while still making it possible for new players to join SiN. Interested in joining SiN and willing to show you're active enough? Request the trial period!

You can ask more information about the trial and how to enroll in it to any HC in #sin
Unread 17 Nov 2004, 20:26   #24
higginz
||Dude||

higginz will become famous soon enoughhigginz will become famous soon enough

SiN rocks ppl, im HC of another Alliance (ull never guess, im sure its under my name on the right ) and i was so impressed by SiN and the way they helped us too that i gotta offer them thanks and good luck

We rock too, jus new aimin to be the next alliance to impress everyone next round like Sin did this round

Well done guys
Unread 25 Jan 2005, 19:38   #25
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

an update for r13?
Unread 25 Jan 2005, 20:24   #26
hells
Ex F-Crew HC

hells is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by higginz
SiN rocks ppl, im HC of another Alliance (ull never guess, im sure its under my name on the right )

names on the left boyo and yes, APA are a v gd ally these days in my opinion and as are sin, now give us an R13 update!

rd 12 [F-Crew] P30n
rd 13 part 1 [F-Crew] DC
rd 13 part 2 LCH DC
rd 13 part 3 [F-Crew] HC
rd 14 [F-Crew] HC
rd 15 [F-Crew] HC
rd 16 [F-Crew] P30n!
hells is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 02:18   #27
Gumbie
SiN HC

Gumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the rough

ummm... I r0X0r?

Should have them coming in droves...

<toot> of course at a cow
<toot> what do you think
<Tearz> I mean... like theres anythign else to do with a bazooka
Gumbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 03:26   #28
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

i had a lot of SiN inc's because of my Coven gal-mates GRrrrRRRrrrR! they didnt like Coven too much i think.. good thing i was covered in most of those inc's

good alliance!

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 03:48   #29
Gumbie
SiN HC

Gumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the rough

Indifferent either way. Depends if they were fat or not. In any case, we digress from my awesomeness.

<toot> what do you think
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 04:18   #30
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

just seemed that way because we had mass inc's from SiN around at least over 10 times (gal 22:4 sound familiar? lol!) - i guess we were roid fat - but, though unofficially, some rumors of an anti-Coven sentiment around SiN hq inclined us to think so

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 04:22   #31
exblade
that one dude

exblade has a spectacular aura aboutexblade has a spectacular aura aboutexblade has a spectacular aura about

yeah we had a small war with SiN
ROCK - DC [ROCK]
The Galactic Vikings - DC [TGV]
Vengeance - DC [VGN]
CareBears - DC [CB]

Rounds 9.5,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,19,26,27,28,38
exblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 04:37   #32
Gumbie
SiN HC

Rock did, but as I'm part of that SiN HQ, I can't say I saw any anti coven talk :/

<toot> what do you think
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 04:38   #33
exblade
that one dude

exblade has a spectacular aura aboutexblade has a spectacular aura aboutexblade has a spectacular aura about

anti coven talk? ill kill em!
ROCK - DC [ROCK]
The Galactic Vikings - DC [TGV]
Vengeance - DC [VGN]
CareBears - DC [CB]

Rounds 9.5,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,19,26,27,28,38
exblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 10:40   #34
Tearz
Peter Pwn

Tearz will become famous soon enoughTearz will become famous soon enough

22:4 rings a bell for some reason, however, us hitting it 10 times I find unlikely

The only alliance we specifically targetted was ROCK at the appropriate time. I did have a look over the coven planets but they seemed a little low on the value + roid area, hence not really worth bothering with :P

In regards to round 13 - expect a new post within the next few days.
Tearz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 12:35   #35
Orion Treet
Forever Noob

Orion Treet has a spectacular aura aboutOrion Treet has a spectacular aura about

I had a SiN member in my gal last round, seemed like he always had nice targets to pick from and got good def most of the time. Good post, much better than most on this part of the forum GL to you guys in r13.
<Zhil> I am HC
<Zhil> I gave myself permission
<[MO]Forest> i meant a proper hc, not a hc who would suicide into his MO's fleet

Played r4-9.5 r12-14 Now retired.
Proud to have been Cosmic Frostbite (r12 - 22:5 - #1 gal)
Forever [4D] - LCH, ND, Absolute, TFD, DLR
Might and greed will never outweigh honor and loyalty!
Orion Treet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 19:12   #36
Gumbie
SiN HC

Hansa r0x0r your b0x0r

<toot> what do you think
Unread 5 Feb 2005, 13:06   #37
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

no point in worrying bout round 13 yet till we actually get a date for when it starts tbh.
And with spinner (-: taking some sick leave might be a while yet

Yo gumbie

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote