User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 23 Jan 2003, 10:25   #1
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Former creators, now... ?

We were used to the terms "creators" and even sometimes "5S" as a reference to the original creators group. Now that this group went to sevral changes it seems strange to still speak of the creators. I already saw several people on these forums trying to avoid that old term by using PA HQ or PA team (which is kind of close to the 'PA crew' name).

So what phrase should we use to describe our newly formed team in charge of PA and it's development.

Do we still call them creators, or should we use a new term and if so what should it be.

hAl
Unread 23 Jan 2003, 10:47   #2
Ap0k
Spritely:

Ap0k is an unknown quantity at this point
jolt = hosters
whoever bought the damn game = owners
spinner etc = coders (altho, by definition, creators can still be applied, just the fact they are minus 1 member)

dont really think its gonna matter much.
Unread 23 Jan 2003, 10:50   #3
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point
They are creating a new pa.
ParraCida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jan 2003, 12:54   #4
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society
The Creators = Spinner, Fudge, Kloopy, Prince (Official)

PA-Team = The people in charge of forums, portal, irc (basically, the people who volunteer to delegate the jobs that need doing to non-pa-team volunteers) (Official)

PA-Crew = Something which hasn't existed since round 4/5 (it became PA-team when some substantial changes were made to it not just in personnel, but in their responsibilities and jobs - when it changed I don't know for sure but it did) and is thus an obsolete term. (Official)

Hope that clears it up
Unread 23 Jan 2003, 13:23   #5
Eternity
DarK_AnGeL^

Eternity is an unknown quantity at this point
who is Prince ??

and where did he randomly appear from to be able to call himself a creator ???
VtS, CpV, RAH, ND, Jenova, xVx, Ascendancy, Rainbows, Kittenz, Faceless, Ironborn and RED.

Played in rounds :
20, 22, 23, 24, 27, 30, 31
71 - 85.
Eternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jan 2003, 13:30   #6
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
Originally posted by Eternity
who is Prince ??

and where did he randomly appear from to be able to call himself a creator ???
He has been a member of PA team for a long time, he idles in a lot of channels, I am surprised you haven't seen him. He doesn't speak much though.
Unread 23 Jan 2003, 13:50   #7
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Bashar
He has been a member of PA team for a long time, he idles in a lot of channels, I am surprised you haven't seen him. He doesn't speak much though.
i knew Prince had been around for ages but i thought he was just PAteam not one of the 'creator' types... i thought there were no more than 5 of them (Spinner, Fudge, Vish, Zeus and Oreo...) of which only Spinner and Fudge remain...
Unread 23 Jan 2003, 13:54   #8
Stress
Resurected

Stress can only hope to improve
Prnce speaks a lot, atleast he used to bebore he became an ofishiall 'chreator'

Come back to life m8
Stress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jan 2003, 15:06   #9
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
Originally posted by Neferti
i knew Prince had been around for ages but i thought he was just PAteam not one of the 'creator' types... i thought there were no more than 5 of them (Spinner, Fudge, Vish, Zeus and Oreo...) of which only Spinner and Fudge remain...
Of the original creators, yes, only Fudge and Spinner remain as creators, however, Prince and Kloopy were both made creators when Jolt took over. The original creators had been intending to hire another coder as soon as finances permitted for some time, and with Jolt buying PA, this became possible - hence Kloopy. As for Prince, I suspect Zeus decided he wasn't continuing long ago, or at least that if he was continuing, it would be in a reduced capacity, and that is why Prince became a creator.

You are right about him being a PA team person too, that is what he (and Kloopy for that matter) were before they became creators. It is a recent change, so it is possible to have missed it.
Unread 23 Jan 2003, 16:13   #10
Shakky
Divine

Shakky is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Stress
Prnce speaks a lot, atleast he used to bebore he became an ofishiall 'chreator'

Come back to life m8
wtf stress :eek: i shud buy a dictionary :/

Nosferatu
Silver
Elysium
RaH
Eclipse
Shakky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2003, 17:55   #11
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Shakky
wtf stress :eek: i shud buy a dictionary :/
When you do, look up 'irony'
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2003, 18:09   #12
Dr_Zaius

Dr_Zaius has a spectacular aura aboutDr_Zaius has a spectacular aura about
Question A name for the PA-team...

Maybe we should call them Gods?

Dr_Zaius - Planetarion Support Team Member
Dr_Zaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2003, 23:01   #13
Teh_Necro
Daddy.

Teh_Necro has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Creators = ppl who "Created" the game.

So why do u list Kloopy and Prince? heh.

-Necro
Unread 24 Jan 2003, 23:13   #14
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
Originally posted by Teh_Necro
Creators = ppl who "Created" the game.

So why do u list Kloopy and Prince? heh.

-Necro
Actually - it would be people who created and create the game, as seen as it is permanently in development it is permanently being created, and Kloopy and Prince are now responsible for doing that as much as Spinner and Fudge are. They may not be the original creators, but they are creators. Both contribute ideas, and help with decision making, and play some part in the actual development of the game.
Unread 24 Jan 2003, 23:15   #15
Scaggydo
Necro's Minion

Scaggydo is an unknown quantity at this point
Spinner + Fudge = Creators,
Kloopy + Prince = creators.

clearly.

ex-NFU, ex-Silver HC
R1-nfi, R2-C4, R3-12:8:4, R4-140:15:1, R5-29:12:17, R6-27:13:2, R7-RL, R8-RL, R9-36:5:1, R9.5-Asleep
Scaggydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jan 2003, 00:37   #16
Shakky
Divine

Shakky is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by ComradeRob
When you do, look up 'irony'
will do

Nosferatu
Silver
Elysium
RaH
Eclipse
Shakky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jan 2003, 00:37   #17
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Of the original creators, yes, only Fudge and Spinner remain as creators, however, Prince and Kloopy were both made creators when Jolt took over. The original creators had been intending to hire another coder as soon as finances permitted for some time, and with Jolt buying PA, this became possible - hence Kloopy. As for Prince, I suspect Zeus decided he wasn't continuing long ago, or at least that if he was continuing, it would be in a reduced capacity, and that is why Prince became a creator.

You are right about him being a PA team person too, that is what he (and Kloopy for that matter) were before they became creators. It is a recent change, so it is possible to have missed it.
thanks for clearing that up i had suspected something when they started to do CH
Unread 25 Jan 2003, 00:48   #18
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
Originally posted by Neferti
thanks for clearing that up i had suspected something when they started to do CH
No probs
Unread 28 Jan 2003, 09:49   #19
Merlin
Wizard

Merlin is on a distinguished road
Quote:

He doesn't speak and he doesn't post and supposedly he's our PA community director.

Kloopy speaks to us and posts regulary as do some others.

But Prince is no one till he starts showing his face.

just my opinion....but I'm sure many feel that way...

and he'll never be considered a creator in my books.
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 09:35   #20
Prince
Free!

Prince is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by merlin1955
he'll never be considered a creator in my books.

anyway All of Bashars above points are 100% true and Stress your not drunk again are you?
Prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 11:21   #21
woze

woze is an unknown quantity at this point
!!

this just hit me like 5 seconds ago.. and i had to post it..

lets call em.. pa-Vteam

could stand for lots of things:

Pa- Veterans Team
Pa- Virtual Team

would be simple and unique..

similar to:

pa-crew
but not exactly " creators "

more like " team " which is really what tey are.. and since as far as i know.. they are all vets in Pa or Pa likeness.. we can call hem the Pa-Vteam

or soon as i get a different idea ill post it ^^
woze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 11:24   #22
Salomo
Commodore

Salomo is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Former creators, now... ?

Quote:
Originally posted by hAl

So what phrase should we use to describe our newly formed team in charge of PA and it's development.

Do we still call them creators, or should we use a new term and if so what should it be.
We should call them executors. They have lost the freedom of creators due to financial problems long ago i assume, so i assume a lot they do is basically executing Jolt's/the owner's plans with PA.

Developers might be a possibility too, but i prefer executors.

r1: n00b
r2: 7:11 - T7C HC, WaC(Jr), Sedition HC
r3: 31:25 - Sedition, Century, SL HC
r4: 95:21 - BlueTubas'
r5: 30:5 - BlueTubas, VtS
r6: 33:24:1 - Deus Ex Machina HC, politically retired
r7: 38:22 -> 26:11 - RaH peon
r8: 12:3:4 - Defended by 1:1
Salomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 11:26   #23
Salomo
Commodore

Quote:
Originally posted by woze
!!

this just hit me like 5 seconds ago.. and i had to post it..

lets call em.. pa-Vteam

could stand for lots of things:

Pa- Veterans Team
Pa- Virtual Team

would be simple and unique..

similar to:

pa-crew
but not exactly " creators "

more like " team " which is really what tey are.. and since as far as i know.. they are all vets in Pa or Pa likeness.. we can call hem the Pa-Vteam

or soon as i get a different idea ill post it ^^
I'm a PA veteran too, played at least a bit in every round since round 1 so far. Does that qualify me for your Vteam too?

Unread 29 Jan 2003, 11:37   #24
Salomo
Commodore

Quote:
He doesn't speak and he doesn't post and supposedly he's our PA community director.

Kloopy speaks to us and posts regulary as do some others.

Both Kloopy and Prince will never be Creators in my books, Creators in my books only are Spinner, Fudge and Vish. Zeus perhaps as honorary creator cause he was with them for so long and seemed to run things at the end.

I'm not sure whether you might be judging Prince wrong. I know neither Prince nor Kloopy (Just as i didn't know the original creators) but the one time this year when i joined #Planetarion in the hope of getting a quick answer, the only usefull answer came from him in PM, so at least he watches #planetarion.

I'd also like to remind you of Fudge and Vish. They hardly ever posted on the boards but at times, whenever Spinner and Zeus presented bad news, they were the most prominent of the Creators.

Unread 29 Jan 2003, 15:42   #25
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Salomo
Both Kloopy and Prince will never be Creators in my books, Creators in my books only are Spinner, Fudge and Vish. Zeus perhaps as honorary creator cause he was with them for so long and seemed to run things at the end.

I'm not sure whether you might be judging Prince wrong. I know neither Prince nor Kloopy (Just as i didn't know the original creators).

I'd also like to remind you of Fudge and Vish. They hardly ever posted on the boards but at times, whenever Spinner and Zeus presented bad news, they were the most prominent of the Creators.
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 00:09   #26
Prince
Free!

Prince is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Salomo
I'm not sure whether you might be judging Prince wrong. I know neither Prince nor Kloopy (Just as i didn't know the original creators) but the one time this year when i joined #Planetarion in the hope of getting a quick answer, the only usefull answer came from him in PM, so at least he watches #planetarion.
Thank you
its nice to have positive feedback,
I do also read the forums daily, just don't often reply
Prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 01:17   #27
Kileman
Commander

Kileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Prince
just don't often reply
then maybe you should :>
________
Ss-100-x

Last edited by Kileman; 24 Feb 2011 at 21:34.
Kileman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 02:11   #28
Silva baby
sexy honky chic

Silva baby is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Thank you
its nice to have positive feedback,
u never reply to me either

Prince talks his a nice guy i despise this negative comment just because he helps with this game and hasn't done it well so far, give the guy a chance far out wat are u in a 5 star restuarant with a little waiter to wipe ur diaper for u?
gees Prince is tryin u just can't see just lyke u can't see ur mum wash ur clothin for u when u were small

ok bad analogy but still u get my point

Ex-Silver BC
Forever in Elysium

i have [FAITH] in myself, [FAITH] in my galaxy, and [FAITH] in my alliance
do you?

[FAITH][SILVER]
Silva baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 08:27   #29
Merlin
Wizard

Merlin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Thank you
There in lies the problem for someone doing community liason.

I've seen you post twice. Both times in this thread.

The community seems to expect much, much, more from you. :eek:

Imagine that
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 20:52   #30
KoRnNut
Friendly Hitman

KoRnNut is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Prince rawks. Used to PM me from time to time asking about NoS issues. Weird...he was the smallest NoS member heh, like 100 roids all the time. Perhaps he farms for Kloopy!

Treat Prince fairly or I'll sit on your head.

What can I say that you can't say better?
KoRnNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 21:54   #31
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
Originally posted by KoRnNut
Prince rawks. Used to PM me from time to time asking about NoS issues. Weird...he was the smallest NoS member heh, like 100 roids all the time. Perhaps he farms for Kloopy!

Treat Prince fairly or I'll sit on your head.

I may be weird but i actually find 'expecting him to do more than two posts a year on the forums' kinda fair..

and wasn't prince the guy who was appointed mod on the 'Programming and Discussion' forum and never did anything there?