User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 25 Aug 2003, 22:32   #1
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute
Where'd the Journal go?

Was it only me who used it?

-Jonas-

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 22:36   #2
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough
I used it plenty, and on a daily basis...fs
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 22:36   #3
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by dabult
I used it plenty, and on a daily basis...fs
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 22:48   #4
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I used it to type out the coordinates of whom I was supposed to attack when getting up at 5AM. Obviously at that point I needed FOURTY-THREE:FOURTEEN:FIVE rather than 43:14:5

Oh well, Notepad ahoy
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 22:51   #5
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute
with scheduled launches you wont need it for that anymore.

However, its sad, as I used it foir load sof scans and other information :/

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 23:38   #6
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
I know I used it to keep scans of my targets and the fleet makeups I would use on them...hope it's not too late to put it back in.

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2003, 00:05   #7
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Scans stay stored on the server for a certain period of time...so that point is moot.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2003, 00:56   #8
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Quote:
Originally posted by Cochese
Scans stay stored on the server for a certain period of time...so that point is moot.
How long? Any number of scans? Will it be a listing on the news page or something like that?

Regardless, I'd still like the journal back.

Unread 26 Aug 2003, 00:59   #9
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
I don't recall the duration they stay, but I'd guess between 12-24 ticks(?)

Number didn't seem to matter--I had about a dozen at one time, but I wasn't doing much scanning.

You'll find them listed on the 'Waves' page.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2003, 01:47   #10
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Spinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant future
Whenever you perform a scan, it is stored on the server for 24 ticks.
These scans are listed at the bottom of your waves page, and the url to the scan it self can be given to anyone so they can look directly at the scan.

If your ingame alliance has an attack scheduled or planned, and anyone in the alliance scans one of the targets, the link to the scan will attach itself to the target. Any new scan on the same target will overwrite the older one. Each target can of course have 1 scan of each type attached.
Unread 26 Aug 2003, 16:29   #11
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
It would still be nice to have the jornal back spinner. It was always useful for storing communications with galaxy members and other such titbits of information for later reference. Ok this can all be done in notepad but its no where near as handy as having it in the game
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2003, 17:22   #12
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about
Heh you can store that info on another way too ingame: just message it to yourself Problem solved..
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2003, 17:44   #13
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by General Martok
Heh you can store that info on another way too ingame: just message it to yourself Problem solved..
But often the stuff you wish to keep are things like messages. These can be of use later on but if left as a message they remove themselves after a certain period of time
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 26 Aug 2003, 17:57   #14
DarkAngel
Nothing Is Forever.

DarkAngel is an unknown quantity at this point
how hard is it to bring journal back really ?
Unread 26 Aug 2003, 18:10   #15
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
I always used the journal a lot and if I were playing I'd probably be unhappy with it being removed. But I've always used notepad far more than my journal, so there's no harm in using another one of them in place of the journal.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2003, 18:45   #16
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by wakey
But often the stuff you wish to keep are things like messages. These can be of use later on but if left as a message they remove themselves after a certain period of time
Journals were deleted after the same amouth of time as messages did if I recall correctly. Though I agree it would be only a minor adjustment to reintegrate the journal in PA.
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2003, 18:45   #17
Goatsemaster
Just like science!

Goatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally posted by Spinner
If your ingame alliance has an attack scheduled or planned, and anyone in the alliance scans one of the targets, the link to the scan will attach itself to the target. Any new scan on the same target will overwrite the older one. Each target can of course have 1 scan of each type attached.
Is it possible to scan a whole gal with one click?
Unread 26 Aug 2003, 18:51   #18
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Spinner
Whenever you perform a scan, it is stored on the server for 24 ticks.
These scans are listed at the bottom of your waves page, and the url to the scan it self can be given to anyone so they can look directly at the scan.

Thanks for integrating this into the game, although I will note the gradual replacement of Pilkara
Unread 26 Aug 2003, 21:19   #19
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Journals were deleted after the same amouth of time as messages did if I recall correctly. Though I agree it would be only a minor adjustment to reintegrate the journal in PA.
I know it used to be in early rounds but I thought they changed it. I certainly didnt notice any of my entries going missing (although could be that they did but they were entries that in the end i didnt need so didnt notice)
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 26 Aug 2003, 21:30   #20
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Quote:
Journal entries stayed the entire round if I'm not mistaken. Messages stayed maybe a week.

Unread 26 Aug 2003, 21:57   #21
Furry
Ruler of all things furry

Furry is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah i used it all the time, very useful for keeping co-ords of people to kill, and old friends, as well as messages and scans.
r4-x.18.x
r5-10.4.9--paradise
r6-24.x.x -[verTIGO]-HC [RHGC] [IPC]
r7-7.2.3 [verTIGO]-HC [IPC]
r8-56.1.9 [verTIGO]-HC [IPC]
r9-2.2.1 [verTIGO]-HC [IPC]
r10beta-207:5:x [IPC]
r10-18.10.1 [verTIGO]-HC [IPC]
r11-retired, well you could call me a holiday temp
Furry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 08:51   #22
Eventh
Retired?

Eventh is an unknown quantity at this point
I used the journal aloth, to store intell on galmates and more, and to keep a list over who had attacked me and more....

i would like to have it back..
Eventh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 09:27   #23
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Scoot951
Journal entries stayed the entire round if I'm not mistaken. Messages stayed maybe a week.

Correct.

And it has also always been the perfect place to have your 'where to get def'-list.
Could somebody please explain why the hell you removed it?
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 12:45   #24
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Leshy
I used it to type out the coordinates of whom I was supposed to attack when getting up at 5AM. Obviously at that point I needed FOURTY-THREE:FOURTEEN:FIVE rather than 43:14:5

Oh well, Notepad ahoy
I did that in r9... To make sure my gal-mates had my fleet compositions, launchtimes and coords incase I overslept

And I used it to keep track of coords of various alliances.

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 13:27   #25
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Scorpio
I did that in r9... To make sure my gal-mates had my fleet compositions, launchtimes and coords incase I overslept
that's illegal!
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 13:50   #26
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point
It's not illegal for them to have that. As long as they don't have the login + password which are required to log into his account...
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 15:00   #27
MegaNova
m33p

MegaNova is a jewel in the roughMegaNova is a jewel in the roughMegaNova is a jewel in the roughMegaNova is a jewel in the rough
For the attacks you can also send a mail to yourself.
I dont know how long it is stored, but the mails are stored for atleast 72 ticks i believe.
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 18:36   #28
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Quote:
Originally posted by Gerbie
It's not illegal for them to have that. As long as they don't have the login + password which are required to log into his account...
If they were in his journal, they'd kind of need that info.

Unread 27 Aug 2003, 18:53   #29
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point
ehm right. I wasn't paying attention. soz
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 19:15   #30
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
I used the journal to store URLs to battle calculators, tools sites, alliance sites, alternative IRC logins, auto join scripts. Basically anything I'd need to play if I was unable to get to my computer or IRC. Also I used it to store information about clusters/parallels and how many asteroids my galaxy took each night and from where.

Probably one of the most used pages for me, quite unhappy it's been taken away as now I'll have to carry a memory key with all that stuff on.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote