User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 23 Jan 2013, 23:18   #1
Baddars
FAnG Battle Commander

Baddars is just really niceBaddars is just really niceBaddars is just really niceBaddars is just really nice
If You Could Chane One Thing About PA....

So, i was having a chat with Appocomaster about random stuff and this discussion came up.

You all play the game, and more than likely all have brilliant ideas as to what you would love to change.

So i put it to you all, if appoco gave you the opportunity to change just 1 thing about PA, what would it be and why?

p.s please do not use this as a place to flame eachothers ideas, each of us has our own loves and hates within the game, so lets keep it clean and you never know perhaps Appoco might be convinced to action some of these changes
===================================================
Baddars is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2013, 00:15   #2
Papadoc

Papadoc is a jewel in the roughPapadoc is a jewel in the roughPapadoc is a jewel in the roughPapadoc is a jewel in the rough
Re: If You Could Chane One Thing About PA....

Add about 300k planets and a lot of the things that are discouraging would go away.

This game is about the politics not the mechanics. That's how it was explained to me when I left Starcraft for it in 2001. Power blocks for the win.
Unread 24 Jan 2013, 00:38   #3
AndyMan

AndyMan is an unknown quantity at this point

Fix XP for defense. You get a lot more for attacking than defending favoring the 3 fleeters who are aided by their ally. Just my 2 cents
AndyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2013, 00:55   #4
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Remove alliance limits, alliances should see the benefits of recruiting and trying to learn up newer players.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2013, 01:24   #5
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

scans for everyone
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2013, 01:25   #6
Papadoc

Papadoc is a jewel in the roughPapadoc is a jewel in the roughPapadoc is a jewel in the roughPapadoc is a jewel in the rough

If this was Facebook I would like this comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMan View Post
Fix XP for defense. You get a lot more for attacking than defending favoring the 3 fleeters who are aided by their ally. Just my 2 cents
Unread 24 Jan 2013, 03:40   #7
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

GUI update
Unread 24 Jan 2013, 05:17   #8
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Allow a second planet for each player. Score based on the average of the 2.
I fear when it will be authorized it will be too late. Now is the time.
Unread 24 Jan 2013, 09:48   #9
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Change landing scans:
- Show some or all of the following: size of fleet, eta, origin, fleet name.
- Make it useable at a higher eta (max 4).
- Make them blockable by dists.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2013, 12:20   #10
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold

Facebook-it / Make an app for it

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2013, 14:33   #11
baggy
king of carrot flowers

baggy has a spectacular aura aboutbaggy has a spectacular aura aboutbaggy has a spectacular aura about

a d v e r t i s e - i t

m a r k e t - i t

r e c r u i t - m o r e - p e o p l e
Unread 25 Jan 2013, 02:21   #12
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

ManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really nice

Make it so that only incoming scans are blocked by distorters ....

Fix the MHs ...

Who cares we suggest stuff all the time ... people have been asking for multiple planets for ages now. The only thing about PA that will change is how fast they drive it into the ground.
ManiacMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jan 2013, 02:22   #13
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

ManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really nice

hell we even made suggestions of stuff we would pay MORE for
ManiacMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2013, 21:34   #14
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMagic View Post
hell we even made suggestions of stuff we would pay MORE for
This was only if we saw major investment from Jagex
Unread 2 Feb 2013, 04:04   #15
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

If Jagex have made no investment still after how many years then we won't be seeing any kind of investment.

Sad but true.

The game would need refreshing from the ground up into social media such as facebook (and Twitter incorporated somehow)

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Feb 2013, 00:34   #16
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggy View Post
a d v e r t i s e - i t

m a r k e t - i t

r e c r u i t - m o r e - p e o p l e
All three of these things need money. Something which PA does not have.

To add to its woes, the game itself is rather ancient now by internet standards and I doubt it has any appeal to new players. It's hard to get in to.

So there is no way to advertise it (no money and what do you advertise). there is nothing to market as the game hasn't really changed and nothing will retain new players.

As I said earlier, it needs a redesign which is where the recruit more people would help to code it, but again, no money to do this.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Feb 2013, 23:57   #17
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by idimmu View Post
id bring me back
the forum wouldn't be safe.
in all seriousness, I think that was like, 2 owners ago, so no one is going to object now. ;P
Unread 5 Feb 2013, 15:46   #18
RaUlZiToS

RaUlZiToS is an unknown quantity at this point

Implement a cap that also takes into consideration the amount of ships attacking the same target. With more ships the cap gets smaller

Implement a preview fleets outgoing the alliance of all planets, maybe just for HCs
RaUlZiToS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2013, 03:29   #19
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

restrict galaxies sizes to 1/5 of max alliance size... this round its very hard for a 60 man alliance to land on an reasonably active 15 man gal...

60 vs 12 would be a much more even fight
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2013, 05:56   #20
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

For the life of me I can't imagine what the reasoning was behind increasing BP size this round.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2013, 12:52   #21
DarkHeart

DarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really nice

Something (anything) game related to do between the ticks. Its too easy to put PA to one side and forget about it at the moment. I've got no idea what that something should be and don't care to suggest anything to be open for discussion, appoco should just do as he has been doing of late with sizing issues. Introduce something without the communities 'mob intellect' and run it for a round. Judge for yourself if it was a positive or a negative.
DarkHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2013, 19:37   #22
tokath
semi-retired

tokath is an unknown quantity at this point

get rid of xp or make it something useful e.g. give out rewards (roids/resources/cons, maybe ships) when you hit a certain about of xp (at 5k, 10k, 20k, etc kinda thing).
tokath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2013, 19:39   #23
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
For the life of me I can't imagine what the reasoning was behind increasing BP size this round.
it did seem like the exact opposite of what was needed.
[19:10] <coffee-> dont worry about Reincarnate he is an angry man

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2013, 06:33   #24
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaUlZiToS View Post
Implement a preview fleets outgoing the alliance of all planets, maybe just for HCs
I would very much like to see this implemented, visable by all.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2013, 01:29   #25
baggy
king of carrot flowers

baggy has a spectacular aura aboutbaggy has a spectacular aura aboutbaggy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l View Post
All three of these things need money. Something which PA does not have.

To add to its woes, the game itself is rather ancient now by internet standards and I doubt it has any appeal to new players. It's hard to get in to.

So there is no way to advertise it (no money and what do you advertise). there is nothing to market as the game hasn't really changed and nothing will retain new players.

As I said earlier, it needs a redesign which is where the recruit more people would help to code it, but again, no money to do this.
Didn't the great Bon Jovi say it best.. 'Livin' on a prayer'...
Unread 11 Feb 2013, 01:32   #26
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
I would very much like to see this implemented, visable by all.
Its a very very good suggestion indeed, after all they allready implented incomming fleets with a sucsess

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2013, 20:35   #27
Greg
Addicted since R17

Greg has a spectacular aura aboutGreg has a spectacular aura about

Turn the game pro and get some tv contracts..reality shows are rampant and twats that watch em would surly find it amusing watching us getting woke up at random hours.
If for some unusual reason channel 4 or skysports wont buy in just get rid of damn run and hide button.
Regular member of fleet crashing club
“A man's errors are his portals of discovery.”
James Joyce
Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Feb 2013, 21:26   #28
Intruder
Jolt took my jap girl :(

Intruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant future

A Graphic Interface that allows you to watch ship traffic and combat. You can sort fleets, move it, upgrade improvements and researchs via drag or click, see a graphic planet, see every ship and fleets. Would be available as IOS,Android and exe. You can still play oldschool via browser, would still work exactly same way

|| Absolute || eXilition || FAnG || Insomnia || Seraphim || Silver || Vengeance ||

Channels:

#brasil #Counter-Strike #ChillSpot #cro #dawnofthedead #dragonslair #elurstaheht #Exilition #fang #fnp #g33k #HoneyBunny #insomnia #kon #Mirage #nebula #OuZo #planetarion #pta #rpg #Silver #the_witches #vgn

Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote