User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 8 Aug 2013, 03:00   #101
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future
Re: Round 53 stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papadoc View Post
Swap thief target to fi-de plz. Its outrageous not to
As someone likely playing Etd, I'm screaming "YES PLEASE!" - but I'm not sure whether that change is needed.

Though seeing the universe's racial distribution at the moment... and I do hate Xan dominated rounds...
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2013, 03:06   #102
Papadoc

Papadoc is a jewel in the roughPapadoc is a jewel in the roughPapadoc is a jewel in the roughPapadoc is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrikc View Post
As someone likely playing Etd, I'm screaming "YES PLEASE!" - but I'm not sure whether that change is needed.

Though seeing the universe's racial distribution at the moment... and I do hate Xan dominated rounds...

Its needed and etd is the only other option in these stats. Everyone knows xan is countered with xan so it will be HEAVY xan. Even then etd has to go CR to gain any sort of advantage

Thief is a steal ship that gets obliterated by xan and it wont change anything to switch them other than making etd a slighty less free roid target. If the thief was EMP i could see this being more of a problem

Unread 8 Aug 2013, 03:18   #103
Tiamat101

Tiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the rough

Swapped Targeting on theif, increased cost(dmg/armor adjusted as well) D/c& A/c made a little worse to counter the fact that it now t1's fi in order to make fi not awful
Unread 8 Aug 2013, 10:15   #104
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Rediculous to give xan the best anti xan fi ship imo.
Unread 13 Aug 2013, 21:38   #105
TheoDD
Othello Champion, Solitaire Champion, Anime BlackJack Champion

TheoDD has a spectacular aura aboutTheoDD has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat101 View Post
Ter:
Phoenix d/c increased so it is atleast 100% vs xan fi after they fire

STATS ARE FINAL !!!!!! The only changes that will be made now will be by Appocomaster and are out of my hands.

I hope we can enjoy a round of some nice roidswaps and unforgetabble defwhores
Quote:
Swapped Targeting on theif, increased cost(dmg/armor adjusted as well) D/c& A/c made a little worse to counter the fact that it now t1's fi in order to make fi not awful
not final i guess
TheoDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2013, 23:19   #106
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoDD View Post
not final i guess
Well the round was delayed for 3 weeks so i guess he had more fiddling time
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2013, 23:44   #107
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I have barely had time to look at stats in those 3 weeks. I've mainly left as is, apart from:

Wyvern and Leviathan emp resistance 91->90
Guardian guns 13->14
Thief Armour 19->21
Tycoon Armour 90->96.

Mostly minor!
Unread 3 Sep 2013, 13:20   #108
bass
#starcraft2

bass can only hope to improve

Terrible stats. Seriously terrible. Nice to see people are working hard at that final blow.
Unread 4 Sep 2013, 22:41   #109
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

I havent seen anyone who likes these stats yet... except Tia. So why are we using them? They have been up for 4 weeks and no one has had a positive word to say...
Unread 6 Sep 2013, 01:26   #110
Tiamat101

Tiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the rough

Kaiba no one has had a reason for why they don't like the stats other than just to flame nonsensically.
Unread 6 Sep 2013, 04:09   #111
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society
Unhappy Re: Round 53 stats

Quote:
Kaiba no one has had a reason for why they don't like the stats other than just to flame nonsensically.
Actually, I disagree. I don't like them and it's not for that reason. They are quite simply too formulaic. It's just like last round; every race has obvious weaknesses and obvious strengths to the point that each race's targets are pre-defined. There is no room for finesse, you can look at the stats and know EXACTLY who can/can't hit what regardless of any factors other than race. For me, that is why they are shit, there is no space for the player to build a fleet, everything is pre-defined by race.

Sad
Unread 6 Sep 2013, 05:07   #112
Tiamat101

Well seems like only 2 people have expressed that same opinion. And seeing how most of this community wants limited MT stats and or prefers ST stats to ensure attack based rounds its quite close to that. If you make it too easy for one or two races to "cover" all viable attack classes with a few "synergistic" ships then that strat wins. At least set of stats ALLOWS for multiple winning ideas and will come more down to politics and strategy by the top alliances. And less about who has the most active force.
Unread 6 Sep 2013, 08:23   #113
on99

on99 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well seems like only 2 people have expressed that same opinion. And seeing how most of this community wants limited MT stats and or prefers ST stats to ensure attack based rounds its quite close to that. If you make it too easy for one or two races to "cover" all viable attack classes with a few "synergistic" ships then that strat wins. At least set of stats ALLOWS for multiple winning ideas and will come more down to politics and strategy by the top alliances. And less about who has the most active force.
lets wait and see. although politics made this game so utterly boring the last few rounds, i rather see stats so people can land fleets. i think that is was most players like and what keeps people playing this game. i already see so many loopholes i can't understand. the fact that there is only a small % of the universe playing etd doesnt make any sense.... is it?

but lets just see what is ahead of us. i really hope attacks aren't covered by one or two def fleets every single day...
on99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2013, 11:23   #114
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

I think if you are playing cr or bs your screwed
Unread 6 Sep 2013, 20:49   #115
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

Given that only 49 people have chosen etd at tick starts.... this looks like it will be a rather unbalanced round...

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2013, 21:32   #116
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The stats are fine. You're all just jealous.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2013, 09:32   #117
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroe View Post
Given that only 49 people have chosen etd at tick starts.... this looks like it will be a rather unbalanced round...
It's not really as bad as it looks. There are currently 40 etd's in the active universe and 10 in c200. For terran the total number is 204, but 87 in c200, so really only about 120 active. Granted, that's still 3x more than etd which will certainly have an impact

CR is probably weaker because of so few etd's, which will force most zik's to go for FR (most probably were anyway) to team with xan, the by far the most popular race choice. BS combo is still looking good, as is xan FI on anything that isn't xan. DE and CO both look like weak attack fleets and I don't expect them to be very popular.

Xan can roid every race solo with either fr or fi, which goes a long way to explaining why so many went for it. Ironically the best anti xan race is probably an etd going for DE + thief

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2013, 11:14   #118
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

BS combo is looking good? what planet are you on? BS cant land on FR and terran gets pwned by FI, good luck with that
Unread 9 Sep 2013, 12:23   #119
Zotnam
Over the moon

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

Why on earth wouldn't BS be able to land on FR? It's by far the two best anti FR ships.

FI are in the same situation as last round vs rangers, except that you have about twice as many people making Ghosts. So GL landing FI in galaxies with xans

Planets.
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),

Those damn emp races..

Last edited by Zotnam; 9 Sep 2013 at 12:35.
Unread 9 Sep 2013, 15:33   #120
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotnam View Post
Why on earth wouldn't BS be able to land on FR? It's by far the two best anti FR ships.

FI are in the same situation as last round vs rangers, except that you have about twice as many people making Ghosts. So GL landing FI in galaxies with xans
Because a 50/50 split xan fr fleet with 120% value of its bs attackers comes out better than BS in a calc.

When you add that it only take 1 xan fake to make this happen in most cases and that Terran BS or De cannot land on Zik Fr then lands dry up pretty fast Terran whilst they still get pummelled all over the park by Fi/Co
Unread 10 Sep 2013, 11:50   #121
Zotnam
Over the moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
Because a 50/50 split xan fr fleet with 120% value of its bs attackers comes out better than BS in a calc.

When you add that it only take 1 xan fake to make this happen in most cases and that Terran BS or De cannot land on Zik Fr then lands dry up pretty fast Terran whilst they still get pummelled all over the park by Fi/Co
Yeah man, everything looks much better with a def fleet or two. I personally wouldn't do pure xan fr vs ter BS, since that's going to hurt quite a lot in the long run.

Ter BS can land on some buccs, they are only 40% efficiency vs ter BS and wyvern fire back with twice the damage. Besides, I wasn't talking about solo'ing, but cat/ter teaming up being very strong and definitely able to hit FR planets. Obviously FR will be the main thing hitting other FR planets, but BS can hit every race combo quite easily, hence me saying "BS combo is still looking good".

Planets.

Those damn emp races..
Unread 11 Sep 2013, 17:37   #122
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashar View Post
Actually, I disagree. I don't like them and it's not for that reason. They are quite simply too formulaic. It's just like last round; every race has obvious weaknesses and obvious strengths to the point that each race's targets are pre-defined. There is no room for finesse, you can look at the stats and know EXACTLY who can/can't hit what regardless of any factors other than race. For me, that is why they are shit, there is no space for the player to build a fleet, everything is pre-defined by race.

Sad
i agree with this.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote