User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 2 Jan 2003, 19:26   #1
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of
Creators supporting Powerblocking ?

With the new poll on the portal, it seems to me, that our beloved Creators have not thought on the impact that gal size will have on powerblocking in r9.

As I see it, the bigger the gals, the more alliances will have to block in order to get enough "friendly" planets in a gal.

With 10 planets in a gal alliances, will not need more than 1 possibly 2 allies to fill gals.

With 15 planets instead the number will be between 2 and 4.

Why not keep gals to size 10, and then limit random gals to 15 members a gal ?

This is just my first reaction to this, but please discuss.

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2003, 19:32   #2
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
I guarantee you they don't support powerblocks, as I've had a lengthy discussion with Spinner about it yesterday.

They are probably just trying to give they players what they want, and most (so far) seem to want bigger galaxies.

Blame the people who voted for 15, not the creators for giving us the options.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2003, 20:46   #3
RooKie
Boy without a toy

RooKie is an unknown quantity at this point
totally agreed Desse.

WC 2 Winners "TiG's Terrific Tribe" 3:21

Quicknet Webdesign & Neteffects Søkemotoroptimalisering
RooKie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2003, 20:51   #4
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of
10 > 15, at least then if u dont have 15 mates like me, u can be with 2 mates, only put up with 8 others
Unread 2 Jan 2003, 20:52   #5
DPeh

Again have to agree with you Desse.

Do i ever disagree with you? hmmm probably never...
Unread 2 Jan 2003, 20:52   #6
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Cochese
I guarantee you they don't support powerblocks, as I've had a lengthy discussion with Spinner about it yesterday.

They are probably just trying to give they players what they want, and most (so far) seem to want bigger galaxies.

The creators shouldn't trust the voters to make decisions for them though.

Jester
Unread 2 Jan 2003, 20:54   #7
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Jester667
The creators shouldn't trust the voters to make decisions for them though.

Jester
Who says they are? Could just be "research".

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 2 Jan 2003, 20:54   #8
das_experiment

das_experiment is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah

i gotta agree powerblocking will b much more frequent with 15 man gals compared to 10 man gals.

and keep random 15/20
das_experiment is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2003, 20:57   #9
Fleet_Multiplex
Hell

Fleet_Multiplex is an unknown quantity at this point
totally agree, why the hell are these ideots still in control. They dont have a clue ffs.

Gals of 10, Random gals of 15. Anything else and we will be back to r7 style powerblocking, we will see coordination between 4-5 alliances in blocks instead of merely a couple of alliances cooperating for mutual success.
http://www.seraphimhq.net/Uploads/VipsLogo1.jpg
ViruS Round 3-9, Executive Round 5-9

I shall not go quitely into the night without a fight, for I am an angel of war, bringer of a thousand deaths. Chain me. Beat me. Seduce me. It will gain you nothing but a smile of death. Dare to mock me, and you will burn in my blood.
Fleet_Multiplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2003, 21:04   #10
DPeh

Viper. They are in control because they do a reasonable job considering.

Besides they will probably change if enough of the PA community say so.
Unread 2 Jan 2003, 22:11   #11
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
For me the problem is one of context. I believe the best formula was the 25 man gals PA used to have. However without an influx of new players from the game being free power-blocking is almost completely inevitable. You will simply have too many players with alliance contacts in too small a universe with an extremely high capacity to, if not dominate the game through pure skill, at least stagnate the game by sheer weight of numbers. Private gals will make it harder to effectively control the game, but they are by no means a serious limit to anyone with the intentions of doing so and the ability to match. The only way to keep the balance while using the pay-to-play structure is to basically keep your member-base guessing and make it unable to develop a set pattern of play, which of course is far more difficult than making it a free universe.

Personally I don't see the point of asking only the people here right now. Surely if they intend to expand their player base they need to aim it not just at the relatively experienced players here at the moment, rather at as many people as possible. Seeing as they cannot do this the wisdom of asking such a select group, in comparison to what they're hoping to achieve, is dubious at best. Make private gals half the size of random gals if you want a fair chance given to all. It'll scare off all but the best players who will have a rather tough time of it, as it will be clear from the start that only the best will join these galaxies. Give your top-class players a challenge and make it easier to get by for everyone else. Re-introduce a bit of excitement hopefully.
Unread 2 Jan 2003, 22:35   #12
Eol
The Subtle/Profound

Eol is an unknown quantity at this point
Decisions by alliance HCs will be made to best serve the alliances in whatever form the universe through rules and stats takes. Larger galaxies will create larger blocks, because you need more allies to make fully allied galaxies while not overstretching yourself. They should NOT follow the poll (at the moment 15 is in a slight lead) but instead ask alliance HCs' opinions and follow that. Ask the 'senate' if they like. Fact is, politics are determined by that number, and if you want to tweak that number you should consult those who do politics, not all players.
Unread 2 Jan 2003, 22:48   #13
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Eol
Decisions by alliance HCs will be made to best serve the alliances in whatever form the universe through rules and stats takes. Larger galaxies will create larger blocks, because you need more allies to make fully allied galaxies while not overstretching yourself. They should NOT follow the poll (at the moment 15 is in a slight lead) but instead ask alliance HCs' opinions and follow that. Ask the 'senate' if they like. Fact is, politics are determined by that number, and if you want to tweak that number you should consult those who do politics, not all players.

Unfortunately asking current alliance HCs to decide will result in them exploiting the situation as best they can so as their alliance will win, or at worst nobody else will win. This could easily stagnate the universe quite quickly. Perhaps asking ex-HCs would be a better, and obviously more neutral, option.
Unread 2 Jan 2003, 22:52   #14
Cochese
Retired

Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyBGood
Unfortunately asking current alliance HCs to decide will result in them exploiting the situation as best they can so as their alliance will win, or at worst nobody else will win. This could easily stagnate the universe quite quickly. Perhaps asking ex-HCs would be a better, and obviously more neutral, option.
The alliance HC's assembled in the senate are from many diverse alliances...alliances that will no doubt be on different 'sides' during round 9.

I doubt they would reach a biased conclusion, as they're only there to help, not harm.

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 2 Jan 2003, 23:01   #15
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
The alliance HC's assembled in the senate are from many diverse alliances...alliances that will no doubt be on different 'sides' during round 9.

I doubt they would reach a biased conclusion, as they're only there to help, not harm.

My question wouldn't be whether they're on opposite sides but whether they're playing at different levels or not. I doubt there's a way for me to answer that satisfactorily without knowing who is actually involved in the senate itself. It's not that they'd wilfully give a biased conclusion, merely that they don't have a sufficient diversity of viewpoints, ie the most likely areas of participation for the new players I'm sure PA is hoping to attract again. I'm aware that there are less medium to small alliances around now but regardless I would be concerned as to their voice in matters. Is the senate a discussion group, do you actually vote on matters and then send on your recommendation, do you send forward all reasonable and rational ideas proposed? Once again my lack of knowledge on the senate prevents me from going further, perhaps you could "show me the way".
Unread 2 Jan 2003, 23:14   #16
Cochese
Retired

Pure discussion at this point, and doubtful it will advance beyond that. However, the parties involved are from various 'levels' of alliance size, and represent a diverse aspect of the remaining player base.

It will be, or should be, entirely obsolete next round however.

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 3 Jan 2003, 00:06   #17
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place
Is it just me who thinks making random galaxies obviously different from their private counterparts is a bad idea?
I think it was apparent in r6 (i think...) that being part of a 25-person gal was more of a hinderence than a help. 10 person gals for all, with some other "advantage" for paying-randoms is the way to go imo.
Unread 3 Jan 2003, 00:17   #18
Stress
Resurected

Stress can only hope to improve
Re: Creators supporting Powerblocking ?

Quote:
Originally posted by Desse
With the new poll on the portal, it seems to me, that our beloved Creators have not thought on the impact that gal size will have on powerblocking in r9.

As I see it, the bigger the gals, the more alliances will have to block in order to get enough "friendly" planets in a gal.

With 10 planets in a gal alliances, will not need more than 1 possibly 2 allies to fill gals.

With 15 planets instead the number will be between 2 and 4.

Why not keep gals to size 10, and then limit random gals to 15 members a gal ?

This is just my first reaction to this, but please discuss.
how come this has to be PRO a larget block?
the less allied members in that galaxy as long as controlled by say Alliance A. the better for the alliance. less defence calls to go out to that galaxy, yet still the firepower..

second. there is no mass allianses being made to oppose say fury, Legion etc this round. There is atleast where i have intell a lot more fredom of whom to be in a galaxy with.

Onwards, have it ever occured to anny of u, that even the alliance commanders of the larger alliances WANT this to be a fresh and clean slate? with no large alliances and just good ol political and military fun ? Consider the fact that this time, there is no imminent threat of alliance A+B+C gangun up un alliance D+E in the first week. Even though there are alliances that are being formed, and one could say newer really died, a lot of old blood is allso gone.

Perhaps, just perhaps some of command staff miss the times where alliances wherent all pre made and set in stone. Where one could find room for political manouvres innside the round. where one could feel the puls of the universe before rushing innto a mayor coalition.

However when there are private galaxies, the alliance say alliance A, needs still to gain firepower threw its member's galaxies. u nkow that your members will be in active gals. so they are inntresting as attack forces. only as a single gal, or in a mixture with another one. Basically in those galaxies. there will be alliance members, and others. now. Those "others" become a relly inntresting factor at this stage. IF they do not all run and join the "new" alliances ( most of u know what im saying here) and the old alliances not only the ones that now stike the commuety as large, can gain member base experiance and so on threw these wildcards.

Perhaps, we might se some large scale powerblock when the round starts, but that will not be due to the number of members innside the galaxy. It will be due only becasue of 2 reasons. Command not havinf Faith in their alliance to begin with. ( thus adding to the numbers) or Command not trusting that their members will be true to the alliance, and needing to secure the galaxy before hand.

Its simple really. we start a new round "without" the usuall alliances that will need to make blocks. Yes they are there, but not in the presise same form as they have previously been. Naturally as the game progresses dominating factors will be seen. Again then it is up to the communety to stop this. THIS can ONLY happen if ALLIANCES have FAITH in the members they have, and do not run to secure themseves before there even is a "front" ...

it is really simple. You loose the gal, members get moved to battle groups. U gain the gal, u gain a battle group. If u have loyal memebrs they will do what they can to gain the gal. If lost, they will still work for the alliance.

Alliances not willing to risk this, cant win the round. As they newer dared/could stand on their own.

So Desse, make your alliance trust you. And trust in your alliance. be willing not only to gain free roids for an entire round. but to struggle for them. Hope the the "new" alliances. do not dwell uppon old history. and that the old ones. do not keep the habit they have kept up with/ been forced innto.
Or be a coward.
Its your choice

Stress
Stress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2003, 00:33   #19
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
25-planet gals were always more fun. 10-planet gals might make a difference to the alliance situation, but it ruins the 'community' aspect of galaxies imo. 15 should be a minimum.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2003, 00:48   #20
DeLoS
Milan-fan

DeLoS is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Veil05
10 > 15, at least then if u dont have 15 mates like me, u can be with 2 mates, only put up with 8 others
1+2+8 = ??

:smiley1:

Titans, 1up
Former Ascendant
DeLoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2003, 00:49   #21
Kileman
Commander

Kileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to behold
Uhm why would the galaxy size have anything to do with 'powerblocking' or alliance politics. "Blocks" form to ensure a better position over other alliances (and or blocks), this is in no way reliant on the actual number of players in a galaxy.

R8 could have had just as large blocks as R7 and I dont think the galaxy size for R9 will have anything to do with who is allied with who.
________
Honda l700 specifications

Last edited by Kileman; 24 Feb 2011 at 21:25.
Kileman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2003, 00:50   #22
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of
Re: Re: Creators supporting Powerblocking ?

Quote:
Originally posted by Stress

A lot of words

Stress
You have absolutely no idea, of what I am talking about, have you ?

Unread 3 Jan 2003, 00:53   #23
Stress
Resurected

Re: Re: Re: Creators supporting Powerblocking ?

Quote:
You have absolutely no idea, of what I am talking about, have you ?
ahh but i do. i just think your mind is clouded with OLD perseptions
Unread 3 Jan 2003, 01:24   #24
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
A galaxy of 15 requires 3 competent alliances to defend adequately.

I've seen it done with two, but it was very very strained - the defence burden would be large.

10 to me would seem too small though in terms of community.

To be honest, powerblocking arises as a result of HC actions, not galaxy size. Alliance members per galaxy is merely a result of it. I don't see the problem with blocks of 2 to 3 alliances anyway, as long as their size isn't too substantial and they don't stifle gameplay.

With the amount of small alliances springing up, it can't be as serious as Fury/Legion/Virus/Titans type situation.
Unread 3 Jan 2003, 01:29   #25
Stress
Resurected

Quote:
Originally posted by lokken

With the amount of small alliances springing up, it can't be as serious as Fury/Legion/Virus/Titans type situation.
I ask u this though, change the apperanse. Keep the body. )and or head ) and what is the result ?

(edited in)

Last edited by Stress; 3 Jan 2003 at 01:42.
Unread 3 Jan 2003, 01:31   #26
Patrician
Sultan of Swing

Patrician is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Stress
I ask u this though, change the apperanse. Keep the body. and what is the result ?
Extensive facial scarring I would imagine.

Powerblocks are down to HC cowardice, fk galaxy size.

BlueTuba
Patrician is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2003, 01:35   #27
WebAngel
Honour & Loyalty

WebAngel is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Creators supporting Powerblocking ?

Wow I didn't know that some players were so out of the loop. It's incredible! /me bows down to such a guru, Stress :-)
We are not leaving in the past, there are not 25 ppl per gals anymore. You pretend that the old alliances are no more while it is not really true (actually, it's just an illusion). And concerning the battle groups and trusted people, don't worry about it, Desse knows about everything by heart
Unread 3 Jan 2003, 01:42   #28
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Anything greater than 15 would be a problem to fill for most people. Either people don't have that many friends still playing who they trust enough, or all the friends they do have are all in 1 alliance, and are forced to not fill one with so many members.

If it was my decision I'd have 10 again for round 9. Then make round 10 random with 15 or 20 people per gal.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2003, 05:16   #29
SPGer

hmm

25 people in a gal..

If you discount the bots and multi planets does that mean we can all fit into cluster 1?

seriously though

25 people in a gal makes it harder to cover every planet when you attack them, so that should give the newer people more protection overall until someone mounts a serious attack against them..

And a reminder to all that not all alliances play "to win at all costs!!" hirr is one example that comes to mind here and if they are playing again I hope they continue with their positive influence on PA!!

I am going to play random cause I have always enjoyed helping newer people play this game.. I say this as a message, if you are against private gals so much, then do not join one!! It is as simple as that. 10 or 15 it doesn't matter, it only alters the numbers that each alliance places in there.

I personally thought that private gals did not encourage powerblocking that much, more likely it encourages fence sitting and the gal that won generally did the best job of playing all the sides.
Unread 3 Jan 2003, 06:32   #30
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Who says they are? Could just be "research".
You do
Quote:

Jester
Unread 3 Jan 2003, 08:52   #31
Not_RIT

Not_RIT is an unknown quantity at this point
I want 10 planet gals, I dont have enough friends for a 15 planet gal
Not_RIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2003, 09:18   #32
[GAP]Obiwan

[GAP]Obiwan is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
With the new poll on the portal, it seems to me, that our 'beloved' Creators have not thought on the impact that gal size will have on powerblocking in r9.
?????

what have you been smoking desse, or is this sarcasm

Obiwan
[ICE]DC
[Deus]
[Tok'ra]
[Ostraka]
www.tit.aresexy.com
[GAP]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2003, 13:46   #33
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
clearly sarcasm. I want 10 man gals, because I couldnt fill any more than that, everyone else has quit, 15 and we're ****ed.
Unread 3 Jan 2003, 14:33   #34
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by The_Fish
clearly sarcasm. I want 10 man gals, because I couldnt fill any more than that, everyone else has quit, 15 and we're ****ed.
lo fisheh boy, hows it hanging?
P.S, dont count on me for your new gal
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2003, 15:50   #35
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
hehe

To me it is pretty clear that powerblockwise 15 man gals leads to more blocking.

if u have 10 man gals u can easily fill it with 2 alliances.
Thus only 2 alliances needs to ally.

if u have 15 man gals u will need atleast 3 alliances in one gal, thus leading to atleast 3 allies in each 'block'.

There is no way im being in gal with 6-7 others from my alliance in one gal, as this is pretty much uncoverable if one get big incs.

So to me id have to asy that my mind is pretty darn clear that it should b 10 man private gals!.

IX
Unread 3 Jan 2003, 16:08   #36
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Smaller galaxies is a beautiful idea.
The universe will seem bigger and there will be more targets.
Many of the big alliances complain about small player base and that there are no targets, but the true reason why they have no targets is that they make powerblocks and ally up with half the universe.
Perhaps if one get smaller galaxies the alliances don't have to ally up with another alliance before the round starts to fill private galaxies. I have no problems with alliances loosing the war suddenly teaming up but when 3 big alliances team up before the round starts it pretty much locks the game.

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2003, 17:26   #37
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
People are assuming that a gal will belong to a single block. It wouldnt surprise me to see many gals with a few Virus (example) with a Vision member or an Ely member etc in there.

lo Zhukov, ofc I wasnt counting on you, I want some activity I remember you coming on irc one day and about 45 minutes later saying '**** i was attacked'
Unread 3 Jan 2003, 18:26   #38
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough
Making private and random gals have different size is utter crap.
(just have a constant urge to point that out)

Last edited by dabult; 3 Jan 2003 at 19:45.
dabult is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2003, 19:42   #39
TehVader
NewDawn pe0n

TehVader is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
People are assuming that a gal will belong to a single block. It wouldnt surprise me to see many gals with a few Virus (example) with a Vision member or an Ely member etc in there.

lo Zhukov, ofc I wasnt counting on you, I want some activity I remember you coming on irc one day and about 45 minutes later saying '**** i was attacked'
He's always been like that
Unread 3 Jan 2003, 20:16   #40
Maddix
Imposter?

Maddix is an unknown quantity at this point
imo 15 is a good size for a galaxy, also bear in mind that to throw a group of 25 randoms together increases the chances for that group that they may have a spy (or multi) willing to give out their gal stats and thus make the round even harder for them than it already is

R2: XXV
R3: Æternals
R4: Fx9/Wolfpack
R5: Legion
R6: Legion BC
R7: Legion BC
R8: RaH BC
R9: RaH HC
Maddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2003, 20:22   #41
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by TehVader
He's always been like that
*hush* says something about how seriously Ive played last rounds
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2003, 07:48   #42
RooKie
Boy without a toy

RooKie is an unknown quantity at this point
15 people gals WILL mean larger blocks.

WC 2 Winners "TiG's Terrific Tribe" 3:21

Quicknet Webdesign & Neteffects Søkemotoroptimalisering
RooKie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2003, 09:15   #43
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
idd

Quote:
Originally posted by RooKie
15 people gals WILL mean larger blocks.
Unread 4 Jan 2003, 13:32   #44
Desse
Pr0nstar

Quote:

Fencesitting ? Ah, yes..

You were trained by Jurgen.