User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Administration > Planetarion Help Desk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 3 Jul 2004, 22:16   #1
TheRat
Retired

TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of
Return bug

I would really like you to look into the return bug, causing fleets to randomly return 1 tick before they should. Its very fun spending an evening planning a fleetcatch when a TT3 guy suddenly gets ETA8 return time.

-TheRat

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
TheRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2004, 22:17   #2
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of
Re: Return bug

Are you sure he didn't just launch a fake attack, and therefore set off home 1 tick before you'd been planning for?
Unread 3 Jul 2004, 22:20   #3
TheRat
Retired

TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of

Considering the amout of roids he stole from a few friends - Im quite sure.

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
Unread 3 Jul 2004, 22:25   #4
Jackal2112

Jackal2112 is infamous around these partsJackal2112 is infamous around these parts

He had 2 fleets going for 2 different targets, both ETA 9 (as he had space travel 3 research and his fleets consisted of FI only). Amazingly he seemed to 'steal' a tick of travel as he landed and TATA surprisingly he managed to miss our fleet catch. More amazing is that every single launch I have done this round has had exactly the same eta to and back from the planets I have sent to, so this occurence seems 'random'.

Thanks Spinner, for creating a bug which defeats part of the game's tactics and fun.
Unread 3 Jul 2004, 22:34   #5
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

It is a bug that has been there for a couple of rounds, and generally seems to affect at most 3 battles all round for some reason that's not very obvious as none of the battles have anything in common. When I last asked the solution would involve a complete recode of the ticker which there wasn't time for between the last round and this one.

I'll bring it up again for you.
Unread 3 Jul 2004, 22:42   #6
TheRat
Retired

What would be great was if you could (sine it is a bug and shouldnt happen) change the ETA of the fleets so everything goes ahead as if the bug wasnt there

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
Unread 5 Jul 2004, 05:57   #7
Kileman
Commander

Kileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to behold

It happens a lot to me - I think it is to do with the combat/fleet movement tick being before the attacking planet tick.... this works nearly every attack for me because I signed up late and thus tick at about 3 minutes past.
________
Braising

Last edited by Kileman; 24 Feb 2011 at 22:16.
Kileman is offline   Reply With Quote