User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 7 Apr 2003, 18:35   #101
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
this BS still going?
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 19:33   #102
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Offical [TeamPies] Announcement

Quote:
Originally posted by Remberasha
Or --

3: they are actually trying to play an honest game this time...

I have had killmark in my gal, he cheated. Not only did he cheat, he got deleted, and behaved like a complete retard too.'

Why should we belive that Killmark, and some people who is know to be ****e players, suddenly have is good enough to be the #1 galaxy?
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 20:09   #103
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future
I think it is always the same with top galaxies. Until Newsscans arent aviable, they do all farm. And when newsies are out they stop it...and than there is nuttin you can proof...

-Lupin

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 20:11   #104
WipeOut
Playboy

WipeOut is an unknown quantity at this point
I was trying to avoid posting in this thread, but as usual... I seem unable to.

Necro, I really do not understand why you even bother to keep replying, you knew people would reply to this post the way they did. And I think I know you good enough to know that you normally would not give much about other people's opinions. So stop replying for God's sake.

Your galaxy has proven to consist of quality players, dedicated to the game. You, Klendau and Veil05 are outstanding NoS members, and that is all mattering to me.

I personally think highly of your decision to have KM in your galaxy, it proves you value friendship over public opinion. You likely anticipated the possible negative impact this could have on your galaxy, yet still you guys decided to risk this to play with a friend. My respect, unlike other morons, you see beyond this game, and value friendship above roids and reputation.

newsflash: KM has cheated (in online games, but that does not necessarily result in him being an impleasant individual. Hell, I cheated on my girlfriend... does that mean I should be crucified?!

The only thing bothering me, is Klendau, Veil05 and you not telling me about KM, even when confronted about it. I knew right from the start you had him there, but hoped you would be honest
and eventually tell me, a shame really.

As for your galaxy cheating, I know more about your galaxy than you probably assume, and certainly more than 99.9% of the people reading this. Your galaxy has not cheated more than any other average private top 250 galaxy. And you personally never cheated (I only know about this round). But do yourself a favour and delete this thread, by your continueing replying here, you imply you are defending yourself, and that looks like you have to defend yourself for having done something wrong, which you have not.
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 20:35   #105
Sad
TeamPies

Sad will become famous soon enoughSad will become famous soon enough
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Offical [TeamPies] Announcement

Quote:
Originally posted by G.K Zhukov
I have had killmark in my gal, he cheated. Not only did he cheat, he got deleted, and behaved like a complete retard too.'

Why should we belive that Killmark, and some people who is know to be ****e players, suddenly have is good enough to be the #1 galaxy?

each and every member of 48:4 is a better player than u are
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 21:05   #106
§pa¢e¢ook¦e
Teh Legion. Urwinism

§pa¢e¢ook¦e can only hope to improve
i wonder how many cheaters posted here
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 21:06   #107
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Offical [TeamPies] Announcement

Quote:
Originally posted by Sad
each and every member of 48:4 is a better player than u are
Sorry, but I dont use farm galaxies, bots etc.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 21:10   #108
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
Originally posted by WipeOut
newsflash: KM has cheated (in online games, but that does not necessarily result in him being an impleasant individual. Hell, I cheated on my girlfriend... does that mean I should be crucified?!
Killmark has cheated in PA, round after round. He has also been cought cheating in other other online games.

Dont let yourself get clouded just becouse some of that galaxies members are also members of NoS.
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 21:25   #109
WipeOut
Playboy

Quote:
Killmark has cheated in PA, round after round. He has also been cought cheating in other other online games.

Dont let yourself get clouded just becouse some of that galaxies members are also members of NoS.
You should know me better than that. I hope my post did not imply that I even remotely like KM. He was not admitted to NoS when he applied, for good reason.

I am just saying that people are not 'bad' for the sole reason of having cheated in a few online games. As for cheating, it is a natural factor of the game, and happens in practically every gal. Denying that would be extremely naive.

Necro's gal did certainly 'cheat' less than other current top 20 galaxies.

p.s. Nothing except testosseron clouds my mind.
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 21:30   #110
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
Quote:

depends if she is cute...
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 21:31   #111
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future
Quote:

As for your galaxy cheating, I know more about your galaxy than you probably assume, and certainly more than 99.9% of the people reading this. Your galaxy has not cheated more than any other average private top 250 galaxy. And you personally never cheated (I only know about this round). But do yourself a favour and delete this thread, by your continueing replying here, you imply you are defending yourself, and that looks like you have to defend yourself for having done something wrong, which you have not.
hit the nail on the head (although i dont know Necro really..)

-Lupin

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 21:33   #112
WipeOut
Playboy

Quote:
Originally posted by cyphie
depends if she is cute...
They all are.

Depends if the other was cute enough...
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 22:26   #113
Fladnag
The Worlds Greatest

Fladnag is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Teh_Necro

If r10 is private, and kill ask's me to join his gal, i damn well will. As to be quite frank, he's far better company than ne of u lot.

-Necro
Round IV 132:25:9 Gandalf The Gray Of Middle Earth III
Round V 17:5:25 King Phillips Of Kingdom FTM
Round VI 33:9:14 Ladonna Of Black Robes
Round VII 24:14:15 Padme Amidilla Of Naboo
Round VIII 1:1:2 Spinner Of The Universe

"Born Of Heresy"
Allfather is my GOD
Fladnag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 23:16   #114
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
You should know me better than that. I hope my post did not imply that I even remotely like KM. He was not admitted to NoS when he applied, for good reason.

I am just saying that people are not 'bad' for the sole reason of having cheated in a few online games. As for cheating, it is a natural factor of the game, and happens in practically every gal. Denying that would be extremely naive.

p.s. Nothing except testosseron clouds my mind.
hehe, "having cheated in a few online games". We all know you must cheat alot in pa, to be cought and deleted. Our beloved KM has been deleted round after round. He have also been deleted in SS and DOM.
Its not like he has account-shared once exactly.

And Wipey, we all have somwhat problems focusing when pretty girls are present
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 23:23   #115
grkn
Shadow of the past

grkn is an unknown quantity at this point
You lot are sad and amusing at the same time.

One OS to rule them all, One Passport to find them,
One OS to bring them all, And with the EULA bind them.
In the land of Redmond where the windows lie.

"...to leave the Elysium the dead had to drink from and travel beyond the River of Oblivion, Lethe, to once again return to the mortal realm..."
grkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 00:15   #116
Kileman
Commander

Kileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to behold
Quote:

Newbie alliance theory that all gals that do well cheat.

pld

Your definetly a good judge of talent, and have an understanding of how gals get to the top.

________
Trichomes pictures

Last edited by Kileman; 24 Feb 2011 at 21:51.
Kileman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 03:00   #117
Kill
Banned

Kill is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally posted by Razorback
Killmark was deleted every round he played for a long list of cheating actions all illegal at the point of time he made those activities and him fully aware to this case.
Ahhh the misinformed,

Been deleted twice and in one of those deletions I got a new account and still managed t50 as a fury member.

Go back and crawl under your stone you stupid twat.

Killmark

Omen Incorporated CEO

Heresy CEO [=H=]
"Born of Heresy"

<milkey> its four am ..
<milkey> youre freaking crazy
<Killmark> 4.20
<Killmark>
<milkey> dont matter
<Killmark> i need roidies!
Kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 03:03   #118
Kill
Banned

Kill is infamous around these parts

Quote:

Zhukov try haveing a look at round 4's final bot file my account is the second largest ingalaxy (after Poppa) what a fking surprise.

I don't know where you come up with your Bull**** but its easy enough to prove your talking our of your arse.

Killmark

Omen Incorporated CEO

Heresy CEO [=H=]
"Born of Heresy"

<milkey> its four am ..
<milkey> youre freaking crazy
<Killmark> 4.20
<Killmark>
<milkey> dont matter
<Killmark> i need roidies!
Kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 03:23   #119
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally posted by Kill
Ahhh the misinformed,

Been deleted twice and in one of those deletions I got a new account and still managed t50 as a fury member.

Killmark
You refer to that nick you joined Wrath under. Unfortunately I didn't detect you in time and quite simply made a mistake in accepting you (and others) at that time.

You were "upgraded" but I don't think your upgrade lasted long. All in all, it was never Fury - just me you fooled.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 04:38   #120
BOB_LOST
Banned

BOB_LOST is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Offical [TeamPies] Announcement

Quote:
Originally posted by Zh|l
You refer to that nick you joined Wrath under. Unfortunately I didn't detect you in time and quite simply made a mistake in accepting you (and others) at that time.

You were "upgraded" but I don't think your upgrade lasted long. All in all, it was never Fury - just me you fooled.
so your a fool than hu zhil
BOB_LOST is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 07:43   #121
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 07:47   #122
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Offical [TeamPies] Announcement

Quote:
Originally posted by BOB_LOST
so your a fool than hu zhil
No, I was fooled. He didnt last long within Fury and wasnt in Wrath for long. He held no way to possibly hurt Wrath (unless we perhaps include his bots heh)

If you want to make it personal, I can just retort with mentioning Iliad y'know.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 09:52   #123
WipeOut
Playboy

Quote:
Originally posted by Kileman
Newbie alliance theory that all gals that do well cheat.

pld

Your definetly a good judge of talent, and have an understanding of how gals get to the top.

You are just terribly naive. The latter at least account shares, which to my knowledge is cheating as well.

I was not talking about farming/multiing.
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 10:04   #124
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

furssie can only hope to improve
Quote:

an understanding of how gals get to the top.

Been mentioning similar lines for the past 2 rounds now.

The circle you belong to is definitely like a heaven and hell distance against all other r3 starters. Gosh, last update i get this is still PA.
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 10:11   #125
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

furssie can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally posted by Veil05
Quoting what one said, without any inputs and initiative consisting of your own creativity.

Will you just agree and follow everything that KM will say and do?

I mean, judging by how you adored him the past rounds, he's like a second coming in your eyes.
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 11:07   #126
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Zhukov try haveing a look at round 4's final bot file my account is the second largest ingalaxy (after Poppa) what a fking surprise.

I don't know where you come up with your Bull**** but its easy enough to prove your talking our of your arse.

Killmark
http://www.killmark.com/

:: Dark Lord of The Obsidian Order ::

Planetarion Legend

or

Planetarion God (according to some)

^^^
who exactley thinks that
anyone i know in PA thinks your nothing but a cheat or have you gotten your bot army to stroke your ego now

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 11:20   #127
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Id say that it is impossible to judge what killmarks actual ability at this game is. His history is so clouded by cheating and his odd ability to manipulate people. But he gave up any rights he had to claim ability through cheating the way he did.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 13:10   #128
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Ahhh the misinformed,

Killmark
Beeing deleted twice doesnt mean cheated only twice eh ?

And beeing insulted by you seems like a compliment.

On your note about fury, i wasnt in command back then and apparently you only made it into wrath and never were a full member. Tho i guess it was clear when they found out who the planetowner was, your membership was removed.

I dont doubt you have some playing skills burried under all those cheating stuff, its just ppl dont want to be affiliated and seen with you. Noone is happy to be seen with Hitler or Saddam Hussein these days
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 13:15   #129
Kileman
Commander

Kileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
You are just terribly naive. The latter at least account shares, which to my knowledge is cheating as well.

I was not talking about farming/multiing.
Farming/multiing is far worse than account sharing. So in saying that 48:4 is "far worse than the other top 20 gals" is an inaccurate statement.

Farming/multi'ing effects many others, and personal rank.

Account sharing effects the personal life of an individual, and does not have an impact on the game.

I mean does it really make a difference to the universe if I skip lectures, sleep, sociability *just so I can recall/launch that fleet*. Whereas having a gal mate do it makes no significant difference to anyone else, it can make a huge difference to the person thats being shared.

Farming/multi'ing seriously distorts the rankings and removes its representation of 'skill'. As ever since R6, the farming 'skill' was removed from the game

<disclaimer> while I am an advocate of account sharing being legalised I did not give access to my account in previous rounds, this was a result of having no life and 24/7 activity/availability. </disclaimer>

@_@
________
Toyota Glanza V

Unread 8 Apr 2003, 13:18   #130
Kileman
Commander

Quote:
Noone is happy to be seen with Hitler or Saddam Hussein these days
you'll always be my Fuhrer Fochty
________
Mexicocity Hotel

Unread 8 Apr 2003, 14:07   #131
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Account sharing should not be legal. It takes out one of the main points of competition in the game, activity. Swapping is the innocent of the bunch.

Multiing and Sharing are two of the worst cheats as far as throwing off the competitive playing field.
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 14:46   #132
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:

ROFL

Last edited by G.K Zhukov; 8 Apr 2003 at 14:52.
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 20:40   #133
Teh_Necro
Daddy.

Teh_Necro has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
I dont doubt you have some playing skills burried under all those cheating stuff, its just ppl dont want to be affiliated and seen with you. Noone is happy to be seen with Hitler or Saddam Hussein these days
/me signs up to the repubublican guard.

-Necro
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 21:58   #134
Stylez1877
Honour above pr0n

Stylez1877 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Offical [TeamPies] Announcement

Quote:
Originally posted by Psi_K
It's not that hard a decision.

for some ODD reason I think you havn't been put in this situation..

I didnt think it'd be that hard either.
But when the time came, I didnt want to leave the galm8s I loved, or the alliance I loved.

Sorry that you dont hold any loyalty to your gal or alliance, and would leave either in an instant...but thats your own problem.
Round 5:The End of Tim3 9:23:9 (NRK)
Round 6: Sekigahari of Malakhi 13:15:6 (Guild)
Round 7: =- Arutha -= The Prince of Krondor 29:17:13 (NoS)
Round 8: Forget..(Adelante/Fang)
Round 9: 5:5:7 1010100101101010 of 101101010110 (NoS)
Stylez1877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 22:00   #135
Stylez1877
Honour above pr0n

Re: Re: Offical [TeamPies] Announcement

Quote:
Either you lied to us all time, (you said 500 times Killmark was not in your gal) or you accountswapped which is cheating :/
Would you willingly tell everyone who was in your gal?

common sense says not to..
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 22:10   #136
Stylez1877
Honour above pr0n

Quote:
Had we farmed that would of been an excellent course of action.

-Necro
More than likely most the people calling you farmers are actually farmers themselves..
they would never admit it though, and they dont have any feelings against farming, as they do it themselves, they just want to fit in with the 'bash teh necro' crowd.

Killmark has farmed before, has cheated before, so I understand not giving him a chance..but that is your decision, no one elses.

but then again..
Fury(eclipse) has backstabbed before, has made OH so lame excuses to backstab before (as this seems to be) anything for a free gal full of roids. Yet..People are willing to forgive fury, and alli them the next round, and give them the chance to be honourable again, though they dont do it. So I dont see whats wrong about giving killmark another chance.

I dont think I can think of a round where fury didnt turn around and backstab when they had the chance...
Dont worry, sooner or later the zhil will think of some more excuses to roid allies, and eventually disband weet, go to war, and win by crushing their opponents before the war even begins.
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 22:53   #137
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of
Re: Offical [TeamPies] Announcement

Quote:

-MrPinky
Quote:
Originally posted by Stylez1877
Would you willingly tell everyone who was in your gal?

common sense says not to..
Incidentally MrPinky is the #planetarion channel bot. If it's playing PA as well then snazbaz coded it better than I've given him credit for

Is the rest of the gal list as reliable as this entry?
Unread 9 Apr 2003, 00:56   #138
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Account sharing effects the personal life of an individual, and does not have an impact on the game.
Actually Kile, it does effect the game. A lot of people would say account sharing is much worse than farming or multying.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2003, 04:38   #139
Kileman
Commander

Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
Actually Kile, it does effect the game. A lot of people would say account sharing is much worse than farming or multying.
Care to provide an analogy?

Whats the difference between someone sending my fleet out for defence/attack, or someone ringing me up in the middle of the night to get me to do it myself? As far as the universe is concered, there is none, but between the two people there is one.

This assumes that every player *has* 24/7 access to the net, and assumes they are willing to login 24/7. For those that genuienly do, account sharing for them makes no difference at all.

Although between 2 players that dont have a possible 24/ 7 activity, the advantages are far more significant, giving the players an artificially boosted score.
________
K1

Last edited by Kileman; 24 Feb 2011 at 21:52.
Unread 9 Apr 2003, 04:48   #140
BOB_LOST
Banned

BOB_LOST is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Whats the difference between someone sending my fleet out for defence/attack, or someone ringing me up in the middle of the night to get me to do it myself? As far as the universe is concered, there is none, but between the two people there is one.

This assumes that every player *has* 24/7 access to the net, and assumes they are willing to login 24/7. For those that genuienly do, account sharing for them makes no difference at all.

Although between 2 players that dont have a possible 24/ 7 activity, the advantages are far more significant, giving the players an artificially boosted score.
omfg i agree with kile some one please shoot me oh **** this i need more drugs if i am gonna get past this night
BOB_LOST is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2003, 04:55   #141
K-W
Bored

Quote:

You answer your own question. Very few players can be on PA 24/7 7 days a week for a whole round. Actually im sure that no player can be on every tick for an entire round.

I find it odd that you dont see why people should have to do their own work. What would be the point of this game if it werent competition between people. We might as well just pit bot armies against each other if we are ready to throw that away.

Account sharing allows planets to be more active than the players who play them. It destroys the very basic principle of this game.
Unread 9 Apr 2003, 05:07   #142
Kileman
Commander

... or to some extent it places more emphasise on politics/fleet composition/target selection, and less on 'activity' which cant be *that* bad for the game... can it?

(and throughout R7 I was 'available' for every tick of the round, I had pc access @ work, home and uni... I was never more than 5 minutes away from a pc with a net connection all someone needed to do was sms )
________
Vapor genie review

Last edited by Kileman; 24 Feb 2011 at 21:53.
Unread 9 Apr 2003, 05:23   #143
K-W
Bored

Quote:
... or to some extent it places more emphasise on politics/fleet composition/target selection, and less on 'activity' which cant be *that* bad for the game... can it?

(and throughout R7 I was 'available' for every tick of the round, I had pc access @ work, home and uni... I was never more than 5 minutes away from a pc with a net connection all someone needed to do was sms )
Well if thats how you think the game should be played then why not just play it with bot armies? Players cease to matter.
Unread 9 Apr 2003, 05:34   #144
AlbinoSquirrel
power of evil

AlbinoSquirrel is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
Well if thats how you think the game should be played then why not just play it with bot armies? Players cease to matter.
He didn't say that's how he thinks it should be played, he said that's how he played it in R7.

/me taps Germ's head to hear the hollow sounds

&Omega;
AlbinoSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2003, 05:47   #145
Kileman
Commander

Quote:
Originally posted by AlbinoSquirrel
He didn't say that's how he thinks it should be played, he said that's how he played it in R7.
I actually said neither

But bot armies would consist of multi'ing and most likely farming. Thats not how pa should be played As both are very annoying ;p To either extent, the odd account share here and there shouldnt even be comparable to a whole round of farming/multi'ing.
________
Lamborghini Estoque Specifications

Unread 9 Apr 2003, 06:13   #146
Axis_WLF

Axis_WLF is an unknown quantity at this point
Kileman is really killmark clearly.

:e_bunny: I hate this thing.
r2 9:23:1 Axis_WLF of Kadan : Blluetuba/Legion
r3 6:24:1 Axis_WLF of kadan : Legion/WolfPack
r4 201:15:1 Octavian of Ostia : Wolfpack
r5 13:6:2 Sun Tzu of Art of War : Legion Command
r6 33:13:?? : Legion Command
r7 15:19:12 Unknown soldier run over by a wagon : Legion Command
R8: 28:8:9 Niccolo Machiavelli of Revera Legatus : TITAN COMMAND BC
R12 ??:??:?? 1up Military Officer
Axis_WLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2003, 06:25   #147
K-W
Bored

Quote:
Originally posted by AlbinoSquirrel

/me taps Germ's head to hear the hollow sounds
"... or to some extent it places more emphasise on politics/fleet composition/target selection, and less on 'activity' which cant be *that* bad for the game... can it? "

He suggests that emphisis off activity and more onto politics and tactics would be good for the game.

so
Unread 9 Apr 2003, 06:28   #148
K-W
Bored

Quote:
I actually said neither

But bot armies would consist of multi'ing and most likely farming. Thats not how pa should be played As both are very annoying ;p To either extent, the odd account share here and there shouldnt even be comparable to a whole round of farming/multi'ing.
No, but massive organized account sharing shouldnt even be comparable to small farming/multying. There are matters of degrees. Having a fleet launched/pulled every now and again is one thing. Having a gal or more poeple who freely access each others accounts is just as non-competitive as multing to a degree and more so than farming really.
Unread 9 Apr 2003, 06:29   #149
Kileman
Commander

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W

He suggests that emphisis off activity and more onto politics and tactics would be good for the game.

so
coz who can really be fked playing 24/7 for a bs space simulated game.... at least 2 rounds in a row anyways....
________
HEALTHY RELATIONSHIP ADVICE FORUMS

Unread 9 Apr 2003, 06:36   #150
Obfuscator
Antediluvian

Obfuscator is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
I actually really disagree with you here. A shift in emphasis in PA from activity to tactics and politics would make the game hugely more interesting. In answer to your question, you can't really have politics of any real legitimacy with bot armies. I'm sure we could code a game that would have "politics" with bot armies, to be sure, but it would be terrifically uninteresting. The appeal of political games is seeing how HUMANS react, and attempting to manipulate them. Perhaps I'm missing the point though.
Reduco ad Honore [RaH] r8
Obfuscator is offline   Reply With Quote