User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 6 Jan 2003, 18:19   #1
Calibretto

Good Idea from a m8

In one of the existing threads someone came up with this new Idea. Let the Round start as Free game and after like 3-4 weeks make it P2P. Players that are sure from the beginning that they want to play the whole round can pay in the time of those first 4 weeks. This would also have the positive effect that the Creators wouldnt have to manage all payments at once but in the first 4 weeks the game is goin. Newbs would sniff in and would maybe like the game or not, but some would deffinatly stay or play next rounds first 4 weeks again and then decide to pay. Even old players would play the first 4 weeks and maybe decide to give it another try. Or they would come back cuz they see that PA finally got more Players again.

I know whats coming now again:
Oh no, the farming will be terrible.
The newbs wont like the game cuz they get smashed too fast.
People will just play the first 4 weeks and then be happy and not pay and wait for the next 4 weeks in the new round.
Jolt wants to have money right away............
etc.

I believe that all this wont matter. I started playing in r4 and there was tons of farming goin on, my gal got ****ed all of the time, I didnt know the game at all and learned everthing with the help of some more experienced Players. I am addicted just becuz I played one round for free and it was fun although I got crushed all the time.
Jolt should be smart enough to wait 4 weeks and then get 20k players pay instead of 5k old Players pay right away.

And now I dont want to hear that **** again:
That wont work......u cant.......nobody wants to..........and so on.
Reply if u have a better Idea or shut up.
Unread 6 Jan 2003, 18:55   #2
SantaClaws04

SantaClaws04 is an unknown quantity at this point
4 weeks is a tad much in my eyes - other than that it sounds allright to me. 2-3 weeks maybe..
and what will happen with the planets that dont pay? will they be deleted right away? frozen till they pay? or how? and what about the gals where maybe alot of people quit after the free time? they will be left alone. another reshuffle perhaps?
r4 - no know
r5 - no know
r6 - no know
r7 - no know
r8 - no
r9 - no
r9.5 - wont reveal while im playing - wont remember when im not...
SantaClaws04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2003, 19:09   #3
Calibretto

Should be deleted or frozen and reshuffle of random gals should work. I mean in Privgals everyone will know if they will pay or not. And noone will seriously create a privgal if he knows that some of his players wont pay. Frozen Planets should be put in like Frozen Gals and if someone decides to pay the will be put into a random Gal.

Randaom 25
Priv 15
Unread 7 Jan 2003, 10:31   #4
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Re: Good Idea from a m8

Quote:
Originally posted by Calibretto
Reply if u have a better Idea or shut up.
Yes I do, it's called p2p. Either R10 will be a product worth paying for and players will come and pay or PA will end shortly afterwards. They are the ONLY possible outcomes of the next 6 months, anything else is just piss and wind.
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2003, 10:44   #5
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
Re: Good Idea from a m8

Quote:
Originally posted by Calibretto
In one of the existing threads someone came up with this new Idea. Let the Round start as Free game and after like 3-4 weeks make it P2P.
That was me. I've posted it on the PA Team forums and spoken to Prince about it too. Most ppl I've spoken to about it are keen... but whether PA actually implements it is another thing!

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2003, 10:50   #6
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by SantaClaws04
4 weeks is a tad much in my eyes - other than that it sounds allright to me. 2-3 weeks maybe..
and what will happen with the planets that dont pay? will they be deleted right away? frozen till they pay? or how? and what about the gals where maybe alot of people quit after the free time? they will be left alone. another reshuffle perhaps?
I think 2 weeks is too little, so either 3 or 4. 4 makes more sense (it's memorable, as a month)

They shouldn't be deleted or frozen! They should just act as free accounts in P2P have always worked - i.e. restrictions on score etc. Oh, and you should be able to upgrade to paid-for no matter if you're random or private.

Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle28uk
Yes I do, it's called p2p. Either R10 will be a product worth paying for and players will come and pay or PA will end shortly afterwards. They are the ONLY possible outcomes of the next 6 months, anything else is just piss and wind.
But dear, the next round is Rd9. So what we're after is ideas to make it more playable, and also appealing to new players - and retain old ones. PA has to compete with Star5phere*, and atm SS seems better.

Rd10 will see many improvements and changes. It will be substancially different to what we know as PA now (although obviously the same in fundamental ways!) It's in Rd10 and Rd11 (especially) that Jolt plan to really promote the game heavily. Wait and see

M.

* If you don't know, Star5phere is a direct copy of PA, running code very similar to the rd5 code. It's developed in a slightly different way since then of course.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2003, 11:06   #7
Kileman
Commander

Kileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to behold
The outcome of a round is usually decided within 4 weeks.... the first 4 weeks are also the most common time to farm.
________
NO2 VAPORIZER

Last edited by Kileman; 24 Feb 2011 at 21:27.
Kileman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2003, 11:14   #8
Radium-^
Professional Troll

Radium-^ is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Kileman
.... the first 4 weeks are also the most common time to farm.
The expert speaks
On the Internet, a troll is a person who posts messages that create controversy or an angry response without adding content to the discussion, often intentionally. Though technically different from flaming which is an unmistakable direct personal attack, trolls often resort to innuendo or misdirection in the pursuit of their objective, which is to create controversy for its own sake, discredit those with whom they disagree, or sabotage discussion by creating an intimidating atmosphere.
Radium-^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2003, 11:25   #9
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Mong
But dear, the next round is Rd9. So what we're after is ideas to make it more playable, and also appealing to new players
I was under the impression that dragging a load of new players (a small number maybe, not masses though) into R9 was considered a Bad Thing(tm).
Quote:
- and retain old ones.
Reading PD I get more and more convinced my idea is better. **** them all, no PA till R10 and a fresh start. Let them go bitch about some other game.
Quote:
PA has to compete with Star5phere*, and atm SS seems better.
RR is welcome to most of them. You can stay though
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2003, 13:27   #10
Neo
Pony

Neo is an unknown quantity at this point
I think it would be a better idea to let people pay to play the first 3 weeks, then... let people play for free the rest. This way the ones that pays gets to own the non-payers. (Which you don't if you do the oposite version)...
Unread 7 Jan 2003, 13:33   #11
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough
No need to think about things like this if the owners/creators have already decided that it's p2p all the way.

We can't change that, even if we wanted.

So I think there is no need to keep repeating the same thing over and over.
Some ppl will play, others will not.
Let's just wait till they tell us what they will charge for a account before anything else.

(I think a lot of the ppl that say they will not play will play if round starts )
#multihunters
----------------------------
Former HC - Conspiracy Theory -
- Proud to have served as -
- High Commander and CEO -
[]LCH[] ...lets change history
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2003, 00:51   #12
Kileman
Commander

Kileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Radium-^
The expert speaks
The n00b troll replys
________
Volcano digital review

Last edited by Kileman; 24 Feb 2011 at 21:27.
Kileman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2003, 01:18   #13
Troll
DLR HC

Troll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
PA has to compete with Star5phere*, and atm SS seems better.
You must be joking? I am playing SS in a top gal and in a top alliance. The game is borring and extremely bland compared to PA. The energy concept is nice but I rather have the 3 roid system in pa. Oh and the stats in SS are horible (OK Xan stats last round were as bad) but the races in r7 etc make for a much more entertaining game.

Hands down PA > SS

EDIT: The only thing SS has is that it's Free which for the poor people and the cheap freaks is a big bonus I guess. /me shrugs
Guess it's nice to be rich and not a kid
Troll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2003, 15:07   #14
Scaggydo
Necro's Minion

Scaggydo is an unknown quantity at this point
also SS = up and Pa = Down :\

ex-NFU, ex-Silver HC
R1-nfi, R2-C4, R3-12:8:4, R4-140:15:1, R5-29:12:17, R6-27:13:2, R7-RL, R8-RL, R9-36:5:1, R9.5-Asleep
Scaggydo is offline   Reply With Quote