User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 20 Feb 2004, 00:52   #1
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice
Battlestar Galactica remake

Anyone seen it? 'Tis rather spiffy.

The combat is lovely (aside from too much stock footage, and they can't make their minds up whether or not there should be any sound in space) and the CGI is beautifully done.

They've taken a lot of liberties with story, design, and characters (Zak already dead, Starbuck is female etc) but after seeing part 1 I was reasonably impressed with this 'reimagining' of the series.

Also they managed to sneak in the original opening theme as ceremonial music. That was a nice touch
Unread 20 Feb 2004, 00:54   #2
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Battlestar Galactica remake

****, **** and double ****.

I missed it.
Unread 20 Feb 2004, 00:55   #3
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice

So did I.

Good old tintarmaweb
Unread 20 Feb 2004, 01:01   #4
insane_in_da_membrane
Blowdried

insane_in_da_membrane is an unknown quantity at this point

I havent got sky movies so I missed it
insane_in_da_membrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2004, 01:31   #5
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had this recorded on my computer, then I want and deleted it by accident before watching it after the president gets blown up:(((((((((((((
Intrepid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2004, 03:25   #6
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough

having grown up on the old one, I had a very hard time getting over starbuck being a cute redhead instead of a cigar-smoking, womanizing smart ass....

Other than that, it was fairly brutal in a few of the scenes and wasn't too shabby.
Unread 20 Feb 2004, 09:34   #7
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

So, is this intraweb, any idea where it would be possible for somebody of a not-so law abiding persuation to obtain the new stuff?

Not for me, just seeing how clued up you are etc.
Unread 20 Feb 2004, 12:51   #8
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of

suprnova
Unread 20 Feb 2004, 14:20   #9
Deathjam|wee
Weeeeee

Deathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura about

uk ppl

sky movies 2 sunday night 8pm for the full length showing

and yes it was rather good

One load of gollums is enough for anyone.Ta
DM.
Deathjam|wee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2004, 18:26   #10
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

just downloaded it. i really hope this wont be a disappointment. i really loved the old movies / series
Unread 23 Feb 2004, 16:32   #11
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

im a bit disappointed. i dont know what it was, but something was missing. i didnt like it. i even liked firefly more.
(and sandsnake: whats cute about starbucks?)
Unread 23 Feb 2004, 16:43   #12
sayonara
Shai Halud

It's greenlighted for another 12 episodes, so I'm hoping it won't go into syndication values hell.

I want to know if red dress cylon is going to defect, if Baltar actually is crazy, and if there's an uber-cylon Emperor thing with a big head like in the originals. Everyone else is expendable