User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 21 Oct 2004, 17:36   #1
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Resident Evil: Apocalypse (again)

Seen the film last night. I thought it was better than the disappointing Re1 although I think they made a mistake somewhere in the second film.

It's not that bad Sunday.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Oct 2004, 23:12   #2
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice
Re: Resident Evil: Apocalypse (again)

Saw it last night. It was OK.

Better than the first one by about this much <--- --->
Unread 21 Oct 2004, 23:14   #3
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Kumnaa is infamous around these parts

I prefered the first but did not like either that much
Unread 21 Oct 2004, 23:15   #4
Horus

Horus is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't think it was THAT bad.. afterall.. it's made very like the games.. but I could allways have wished for something better
Horus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Oct 2004, 23:31   #5
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

I liked the action almost bar the shitty storyline and the Matrix inspired moments towards end of it, as it got confusing and how everything switched + the cheesy inspired moments such as down the building etc.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2004, 03:59   #6
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

I still preferred the first one... sorry guys but it just had more scares.

This one was cheesey action which would of won out if it wasn't for the abysmally bad ending.

p.s. Have you watched the first one again now that you have seen this one?
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2004, 11:45   #7
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Yes. Both films in my opinion makes me jump and Michelle Rodriguez is hot in the first film. But for some reason, I still so much prefer the second one. Jill Valentine (whoever played her) looks great.

For those of you who haven't seen it, this may come to you as a spoiler.

Do you remember how the first film ended? What was that figure that walked pasted Alice when she was banging on the window of the lab from the inside? My guess was Nemesis. But in the second film, it showed that he didn't get up just yet. Or have I lost the plot somewhere?
Unread 22 Oct 2004, 12:22   #8
Sunday8pm
Banned

Spoiler

I have it on DVD, the first film ended with her waking up in hospital and walking out into a ruined Racoon City, pretty much how she starts in the second movie.

I don't remember any figure walking past the window (mainly cause the ending is a good gratiutious beaver shot of milla) but I'll watch it again if you watch it again first and still have confusion.

p.s. the second movie didn't make me jump, the action I muchos enjoyed but I still can't forgive the ending, your opinions on the ending blasto? I don't think it leads into a third movie very well at all :/
Unread 22 Oct 2004, 12:29   #9
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday8pm
I don't remember any figure walking past the window (mainly cause the ending is a good gratiutious beaver shot of milla) but I'll watch it again if you watch it again first and still have confusion.
Yes, there is a figure who passes behind the two-way mirror. My guess is it was Mr I'm In Charge and Real Bad.

[potential spoilage]

Quote:
p.s. the second movie didn't make me jump, the action I muchos enjoyed but I still can't forgive the ending, your opinions on the ending blasto? I don't think it leads into a third movie very well at all :/
Conceivably, the Hive was designed to withstand that kind of blasto, and the next wave of escapees will have twenty legs and nine noses.
Unread 22 Oct 2004, 12:46   #10
Sunday8pm
Banned

[spoiler]

hmmm in the version of RE 2 I watched in north american cinema's the ending involved Alice regaining her memory inside some Umbrella lab, flipping out ninja stylee, walking out and making the security guy brain haemorrage by looking at the security camera and then hopping into a big black vehicle with the good guys who thought they successfully bullshitted their way in, all the while the evil scientist in the back was muttering about how this was all planned.

I MEAN WHAT THE ****. not only did it totally detract from them nuking toronto... I mean Racoon city, but it was just bullshit.... I don't like this potential heel turn with psychic ability bullshit, getting too fairy on me there.
Unread 22 Oct 2004, 15:18   #11
Blastoderm
________

Spoiler

Quote:
I have it on DVD, the first film ended with her waking up in hospital and walking out into a ruined Racoon City, pretty much how she starts in the second movie.
I knew that one as I've got the DVD myself.

Quote:
Do so as Sayonara remembers it.

Quote:
The second movie made me jump purely because the bloody speakers at the local cinema is too ****ing loud.
Quote:
hmmm in the version of RE 2 I watched in north american cinema's the ending involved Alice regaining her memory inside some Umbrella lab, flipping out ninja stylee, walking out and making the security guy brain haemorrage by looking at the security camera and then hopping into a big black vehicle with the good guys who thought they successfully bullshitted their way in, all the while the evil scientist in the back was muttering about how this was all planned.
The same ending over here. It was just plain stupid. I actually thought she killed the scientist but he's still alive and told the security to let them go as if he knows it's a set up. Is he on their side or Umbrella's side? I somewhat find it baffling and my guess is that there won't be Re3. If there is, **** knows how's that going to be.
Unread 22 Oct 2004, 15:32   #12
Sunday8pm
Banned

And that's why I still rate RE1 > RE2 cause the ending doesn't spoil everything that had taken place before it.

It would be like reading a really really good murder mystery and then finding out on the very last page who the murderer was and that it was something totally irrational with no explanation.
Unread 23 Oct 2004, 01:24   #13
olle
Newdawn ftw \o/

olle is infamous around these partsolle is infamous around these parts

lol, sleept thro RE1 and lookign forward to RE2 just short on money to see it now

anyway, looking at the RE2 trailer it looks like good entertainment
olle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Oct 2004, 10:56   #14
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

Quote:
getting too fairy on me there.
Well it is a zombie film

but agreed
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Oct 2004, 00:49   #15
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

They should have left RE2 with the helicopter shot with them saying "No other bodies found" - then we'd have some kind of speculation, or be able to get some kind of guesswork as to what happened to the other people in the helicopter.

This ending was pants. And what was with the cheeky-grin-resulting-in-major-nose-bleed-from-security-guard-man ?

Also, Jill Valentine is ****ing hot. Whoever plays her, I mean.
Unread 26 Oct 2004, 03:25   #16
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

indeed, the nosebleeding is annoying and so is the 'project alice initiated' thingy

however i still enjoyed the movie and i wank over milla