User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Closed Thread

Unread 2 Jan 2004, 13:52   #1
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Speedgame (and round 11) meeting Tuesday 1900 GMT

As was discussed in this thread by Aryn i have been asked to run a meeting about up coming speed rounds in her absence.

Tuesday 6th January at 1900 GMT (same as in game time) appears to be the best time for the meeting. The channel will be #coldplay so i would like anyone who is interested in playing speedgames to gather there for the meeting. This will hopefully mean a lot of people will be present at the meeting and so to enable the meeting to run smoothly withouth everyone just shouting at me i have proprosed the following plan.
  • Prior to the start of the meeting each alliance and BG selects one representative. It doesnt matter what rank this rep holds within the alliance/BG.
  • This rep will tag [rep|name_of_alliance] (eg, [Rep|hirr] ).
  • I will give each rep voice in the channel and have it +m to start with
  • Each rep will have made a channel somewhere, either on a private alliance server or on Netgamers, where all their members who want to be involved in the meeting can gather. In this channels all the members will discuss points about the speedgames with their rep who will then summarise the ideas in #coldplay for myself and everyone else to see and discuss.
  • I will bring up topics to be discussed, then give the reps a small amount of time to discuss them in their private channels with their members.
  • The reps will them report back to the channel with a brief summary and i will dicuss the possibilities with them.
  • The channel will then be opened to everyone (-m) so that anyone present can bring up points that may have been missed by the reps or points i may not have been clear on.
  • I will them moderate the channel again and move onto the next topic to be dicussed, and the whole process will be repeated.

I realise this may well slow down the meeting, but it will hopefully allow everyone to be involved in the meeting without it overflowing into one mass argument with no control over it.

Those people who do not have an alliance or BG for the speed rounds will also be accomodated for. Simply tag [NA] (for no alliance) and therealmig (or another PA team representative) will PM you with a channel to join in addition to #coldplay. This channel will then act as your discussion channel and will contain a PA team member who will act as your rep.

The topics to be discussed are to concern speed rounds only. So far i have a short list of things i wish to cover, but please feel free to add to the list in this thread, or to bring them up at the meeting:
  • Cost
  • Stats
  • Speed of ticks
  • Setup of the weekend - 24 hours straight or two 10 hour sessions with a gap to sleep in or something else...?
  • Alliances or every galaxy for themselves?
  • Private or random gals
  • Any novel speed round ideas?

I hope i have made that clear enough for everyone to understand.

Last edited by JC; 5 Jan 2004 at 16:55.
Unread 2 Jan 2004, 14:28   #2
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough
Re: Speedgame meeting Tusday 1900 GMT

The first question that comes to mind, and that im sure im not alone with. (might aswell clear this one right away)

Are we only talking PAX here, or will it be possible to set up old rounds?
Unread 2 Jan 2004, 15:06   #3
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabult
The first question that comes to mind, and that im sure im not alone with. (might aswell clear this one right away)

Are we only talking PAX here, or will it be possible to set up old rounds?
Thats a question i have asked Karm/Mit and i am currently waiting for an answer. I will have an announcement about it ready for the meeting hopefully. If we have a choice between r9 and r10 stats then obviously we will have a discussion about which people would prefer, or maybe 2 speed rounds, 1 with old stats and 1 with new stats.
Unread 2 Jan 2004, 16:41   #4
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Lord_Thunderball is on a distinguished road

R6B will be present!
Unread 3 Jan 2004, 03:42   #5
Rudmer
Former Eclipse HC

Rudmer is an unknown quantity at this point

Erm, too bad I can't attend at the meeting, I am somewhere in australia atm.
only question I have:
plz do it in a weekend somewhere after january, so I can join in! I don't wanna miss a speedround..

r4 n00b r5 still a n00b (APC-Silver)
r6 PINK[BULL] (Silver-Elysium)
r7 BLACK[BULL] (Elysium)
r8 [Adelante] -> [Fury]
r9 [Eclipse] Officer
Speedgames --> |R6B| says enough...
r9.5 and r10 [Eclipse] HC
r10.5 [MISTU]
Unread 3 Jan 2004, 12:29   #6
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

#coldplay was my galaxy channel for this round ...

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Unread 5 Jan 2004, 16:57   #7
JC
lolly roffle

Right, it seems this is going to turn into a meeting about r11 as well due to some recent changes i have only just been informed off.

I seem to have been thrown in at the deep end with Aryn going away before really having chance to fill me in on everything, so i am hurridly rushing around gathering all the info i can. I will have several announcements for you on Tuesday, and hopefully we will have some stuff to talk about if you can make it.
Unread 6 Jan 2004, 07:54   #8
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Would have been good if this stuff was on the portal, more people that will attend

Another thing, speedround and R11 is complete different material. It's ok to have 1 big meeting, but really DO keep those things seperate! Oh, i'm graduating atm, friday is my end day, and made time free so I can attend this meeting. Plz start with speedround stuff, otherwise i'm another student who fails college due Planetarion

K, thx, bye bye
Unread 6 Jan 2004, 14:04   #9
JC
lolly roffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Thunderball
Would have been good if this stuff was on the portal, more people that will attend

Another thing, speedround and R11 is complete different material. It's ok to have 1 big meeting, but really DO keep those things seperate! Oh, i'm graduating atm, friday is my end day, and made time free so I can attend this meeting. Plz start with speedround stuff, otherwise i'm another student who fails college due Planetarion

K, thx, bye bye
This is on the portal .

I was intending for this just to be a speedround meeting, as mixing 2 separate meetings together does confuse things a little. However, its out of my hands and i have been asked to make this a meeting for r11 as well as the speedrounds to speed things up.

I will cover the speedround stuff first dont worry about that. Think of it as 2 separate meetings. 1 about the speedround, then a second which will follow straight on about r11.

Hopefully it wont run on too long, as i do want some sleep tonight .
Unread 6 Jan 2004, 14:42   #10
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

I think I got about 24 points for discussion. Let's say 5 minutes for each point if we got some people attending. So that's 120 minutes aka 2 hours. Then ofcourse your own points, other people's point and an evaluation of all the stuff. So let's say 3,5 hours. Then R11 discussion, hmmm I think about 7 hours in total. Meeting starts at 19:00 so you should be done at 2:00
Unread 6 Jan 2004, 15:13   #11
JC
lolly roffle

lol, we'll have to speed that up.

I'll be making certain announcements which i'm sure will cover a lot of the points. We'll see what happens.
Unread 6 Jan 2004, 19:00   #12
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Hmm.... really?
Unread 6 Jan 2004, 20:43   #13
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about

Omg, this was by far the most shittiest online meeting I've ever seen....
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
Unread 6 Jan 2004, 21:31   #14
JC
lolly roffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Martok
Omg, this was by far the most shittiest online meeting I've ever seen....
I should get an award .

Thread over on PD to discuss things if you want. If anyone bothers to mention r9 code i'll just deletd your post.
Unread 6 Jan 2004, 20:46   #15
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough

Funny how many times it was needed to say that NO old codes can be used for the speedround(s).
Funny how so many people cant shut the fk up about r11 when we were supposed to talk about the speedround(s) only.

or not..:/
Closed Thread