User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 11 Mar 2011, 18:01   #1
Demort
Anarchy Shadow

Demort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really nice
Universe Ranking Screen

Basically its a simple add depending what your alliance puts down for planets alliance this screen will vary.

To put it bluntly after the score of a planet on top 100 be nice to know the planets ally so when an alliance starts to war another you can see more clearly who to hit rather then having to click on name go to gal screen etc etc, this is more for players who don't have a lot of time to play and want to find targets who help there alliance faster.

Feel free to express thoughts just been thinking about this and other ideas for rounds but never bother saying anything and thought ill trial saying something.

EX

Legion, Fury, Xanadu, Wolfpack, NoS, TSU, LKSAB, Vgn, F-Crew, CT, Insomnia, Angels, VsN, Gross, Osiris, ROCK, XvX, Faceless, Unsullied, Haven, Carisan, RaGe, Carnage, Kittenz and EC

Currently

In ODDR Command
Demort is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2011, 18:27   #2
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Universe Ranking Screen

This goes back to an old suggestion to have a player's Alliance tag appear automatically next to their name on the galaxy screen.

I think this is a bad idea simply because 'intel' is a huge part of the metagame. Having to 'find' intel is something else we can do that gives us a sense of accomplishment (I don't know how many people have 'mapped' out an alliance before, but it's pretty satisfying to be able to identify all planets within an alliance without having it spelled out).

I don't think it's designed to help the people you're talking about either. It's like you want something from the game, so are attaching a nobel cause of 'best fit'. I.e. something that looks on the surface like it's relevant but upon closer inspection actually is not. People who "don't have a lot of time to play" aren't likely to be hitting into the top 100 at the best of times.

Overall I'd say that this feature wouldn't add anything beneficial to the game. What it does is save people from having to put the work in to find information. If there's one thing this game doesn't need, it's to be made easier.
Unread 11 Mar 2011, 19:18   #3
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
I think this is a bad idea simply because 'intel' is a huge part of the metagame. Having to 'find' intel is something else we can do that gives us a sense of accomplishment (I don't know how many people have 'mapped' out an alliance before, but it's pretty satisfying to be able to identify all planets within an alliance without having it spelled out).
I think demort means adding whatever intel your alliance has added to the ingame alliance intel database. if so i support this, allthough not many alliances use the ingame alliance database.

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2011, 19:49   #4
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

Ah well I take that part of my comment back.
Unread 11 Mar 2011, 23:25   #5
Demort
Anarchy Shadow

Demort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really nice

What influence said is correct if you read the first paragraph I said it will vary depending on what your ally puts down for the planets ally and I honestly think its beneficial.

Additional reason some alliances know they won't win and go for most players in top 100 by this your members can see how we doing so they will know who to strive to hit to meet there alliances goal.

EX

Legion, Fury, Xanadu, Wolfpack, NoS, TSU, LKSAB, Vgn, F-Crew, CT, Insomnia, Angels, VsN, Gross, Osiris, ROCK, XvX, Faceless, Unsullied, Haven, Carisan, RaGe, Carnage, Kittenz and EC

Currently

In ODDR Command
Demort is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2011, 14:53   #6
SantaCruz
I've been around

SantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to behold

Would be nice yes. Also be nice to have your own guys show up when memberlist is visible to your group within the alliance.

Gal status = alliance def page would be amazing also. For everyone that actually dc's in gal incoming, a simple "covered" drop down would save us from editing a irc topic every 5 min. < See 5 other requests for it >

Good gals are going to cover either way but, it will be less confusing for all.

Remove PL/Queue if these things seem to make pa to easy... :-P
Unread 13 Mar 2011, 10:34   #7
Plaguuu

Plaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nice

Lets keep this on topic
I support the suggestion about seeing gathered ally intel on the universe screen.
Plaguuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2011, 23:36   #8
Rhubarb

Rhubarb will become famous soon enoughRhubarb will become famous soon enough

Why not add their nick while were adding intel to uni page...everyone talks about who came 1st, 2nd and 3rd by nick and it would be nice to have tracked them for half the round (assuming u get intel half way through the round)
Rhubarb is offline   Reply With Quote