User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Recruitment

Unread 30 Oct 2006, 19:07   #1
AdmV0rl0n

AdmV0rl0n is an unknown quantity at this point
Zikunion Recruiting

Zikunion has little previous in PA. Its basically new, and fits in with people who don't really class as vets in the game.

It does'nt have fancy in-channel bots, it does'nt have a homepage or server outside the game, it does not have a huge number of members.

What does it offer you?
Its a simple alliance. We welcome new players. Our aims are to enjoy the game, and to assist people while they learn.

Ad
AdmV0rl0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2006, 20:37   #2
Devlin

Devlin has a spectacular aura aboutDevlin has a spectacular aura aboutDevlin has a spectacular aura about
Re: Zikunion Recruiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmV0rl0n
It does'nt have fancy in-channel bots, it does'nt have a homepage or server outside the game, it does not have a huge number of members.

Maybe try putting emphasis on the things you DO have rather than so much on the things you DON'T. That would probably be better to attract potential members. Anyways good luck.
Devlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2006, 21:01   #3
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You really need to put more effort in than this. You haven't mentioned any IRC channel for your players to join, nor how new players might contact you to join your alliance.

There are plenty of good alliances recruiting new players - and while I almost never hesitate to welcome new alliances with open arms, I can't say that I'm particularly inspired by this thread. You may find reading this thread useful.
Unread 30 Oct 2006, 21:33   #4
AdmV0rl0n

We don't mention IRC because the channels are not public and will not be public.

Players can join in the normal way, via the alliance screen, select alliance, make application.

Ad
Unread 30 Oct 2006, 22:45   #5
^Miksu^

^Miksu^ has a spectacular aura about^Miksu^ has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
That doesn't make any sense for a new alliance - why don't you want to make yourselves as easy to join as possible?
I bet they don't even have any IRC channels. No offence AdmV0rl0n but this really sounds like one of those "black hole" alliances (as wakey would say it).
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 06:55   #6
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

It's an alliance that only allows Zik players.

This should not be allowed.

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 09:01   #7
AdmV0rl0n

Not true.

All players are welcome. But if it were true, why should it not be allowed?

Ad
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 10:24   #8
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I see no reason why we shouldn't allow race-specific alliances - despite the problems that they will face in defending against certain ship classes.

However - why the name Zikunion?
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 15:09   #9
MEX

MEX will become famous soon enoughMEX will become famous soon enough
Question Re: Zikunion Recruiting

Quote:
...However - why the name Zikunion?
I woundererd about this too.
Especially as i play a Zik myself.

MfG, MEX
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 18:41   #10
AdmV0rl0n

Because we are somewhat focused on a particular plan in terms of play. That focus is not so much about roids, but other assets.

Ad
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 19:28   #11
MEX

For me 1 of 2 reasons to choose Zik as my race was that the best race for playing with a free unpaid account is Zik.

Do you mind telling me about your "particular plan" ?

MfG, MEX

PS: As i am still interested in close cooperation with your alliance,
we should meet in IRC to talk about such issues.
Please send me a mail in PA with deatils about WHEN and WHERE.
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 23:37   #12
Buly

Buly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
However - why the name Zikunion?

All ex-Reunion people that played as ziks ?
Unread 1 Nov 2006, 09:39   #13
furball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buly
All ex-Reunion people that played as ziks ?
Nope....the Reunion guys are probably all now in VisioN.
Unread 1 Nov 2006, 15:44   #14
AdmV0rl0n

Well, its wandered off topic somewhat.

So to get back to the core issue, if you want an alliance, feel free to link up with Zikunion. We welcome ziks in particular, but others are welcome.

Ad
Unread 1 Nov 2006, 17:18   #15
Mighteh
Your typical Troll

Mighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these parts

Quote:
We don't mention IRC because the channels are not public and will not be public.

Players can join in the normal way, via the alliance screen, select alliance, make application.

Ad
thatas not the normal way.
In any normal alliance, you have to go to IRC, speak to someone, get vouches, proove yourself, and only then u go to alliance page and get accepted "in tag".

Without said process, any normal alliance automatically denies any application. (for security reasons). If just one spy would be accepted in tag, he can easely track ever tagged member of the alliance just by sending def to every planet and looking if ETA changes by -1.

What you propose here is one of the biggest security flaws that could possibly ever be thought of.

But what do i know, i am just a peon.

All in all, tho, good luck. Starting and maintaining viable alliance is alot of work. Making a coherent post with benefits of joining alliance if a miniscule step to the first stage of getting started. I am not trying to bash your post of flame you personally, however, i do think u should look over some posts prior to mine and read what people said. Also it might be good for you to look over other alliance's recruitign posts to have an approximate idea about how it should be done. I am not trying to take away from your creativity, the more the better, yet, its just not a well done recruiting post. If I, personally, would be a person looking to join an alliance, i would not look twice your way after reading that. Henec you either lack the effort needed to create and maintain an alliance or lack the information to do so. Both can be corrected, it just take a lil bit of your time and comprehension of what is required of you as a leader (an officer at least) of this alliance.

again, i am just trying to help. after all, your alliance offers assistance for new players in learning the ways of PA. U should learn as much as u can about the subject before trying to teach someone how to do so. I welcome the motion aswell, i, myself, try to help anyone who asks me anyhting about PA, sharing my knowledge, strategies and tactics with anyone who asks my oppinion.

cheers,
And an illustrated book about birds
See alot up there
But dont be scared
who needs action, when you got words....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbg
reading this line is explicit acceptance of my superiority over you
Mighteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2006, 17:42   #16
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighteh
thatas not the normal way.
In any normal alliance, you have to go to IRC, speak to someone, get vouches, proove yourself, and only then u go to alliance page and get accepted "in tag".

Without said process, any normal alliance automatically denies any application. (for security reasons). If just one spy would be accepted in tag, he can easely track ever tagged member of the alliance just by sending def to every planet and looking if ETA changes by -1.

What you propose here is one of the biggest security flaws that could possibly ever be thought of.
While he doesnt give enough info to draw any firm conclusions it may not be as bad as it seems. At F-Crew we get a fair few people who apply in game without being interviewed first, we dont instantly reject these people instead we ask them to come on IRC. These people can actually be easier to deal with as you have their application waiting so the pace is in your hands and you arent left waiting for them to be able to apply after the interviews been done

So as long as at some point before being accepted the usual interview and other background checks are done I don't think it matters too much if they get you to apply first and wait for details or interview first and apply when accepted
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2006, 22:30   #17
AdmV0rl0n

I appreciate the comments.

Its not that we merely ignore the comments. In basic terms, while we are reagrded as small and pointless, if someone really wants to waste their time in 'spying' - fine. Its not a big issue.

Are we as organised as most alliances? Not at all. But then yes, we pretty much take anyone, we don't have the lofty ideas some think we should have. If we have 60 small players, learning, so be it. They deserve having a home as much as anyone else.

All the critique is VALID and accepted.

So getting back to the core issue. Should you want to join an alliance, you can join the zikunion, just use the alliance option and pick us, send your application. Its that simple.

Ad
Unread 2 Nov 2006, 08:43   #18
MEX

Talking Re: Zikunion Recruiting

Quote:
..., if someone really wants to waste their time in 'spying' - fine. Its not a big issue.
I share your opinion about this, at least for small alliances like ours.

In fact sabotage from HC from merged alliances is a possibility i fear much more, as my current alliance mostly gains new members by merging with other small alliances with 1-3 players.

I wish you good luck with your alliance.

MfG, MEX
Unread 2 Nov 2006, 14:03   #19
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
I appreciate the comments.

Its not that we merely ignore the comments. In basic terms, while we are reagrded as small and pointless, if someone really wants to waste their time in 'spying' - fine. Its not a big issue.
While at your current level spies may not seem a major consideration its always better to start getting the processes in place from the start for when it might become an issue. If you get the right procedures in place now and honed then it’s going to make things easier in the future.

Additionally even if you don’t think spies are an issue, an interview is still vital for a number of reasons.

The first reason is simply, does this person add something to my alliance. There’s this belief from a lot of people (MEX seems to be the perfect example here) that getting the numbers is more important than anything else, but that’s not the case. Simply going down the numbers route leads you down a road full of potholes. Unless you get very lucky increasing your member base without any ‘quality control’ will cause you more problems than it solves. You need the interview to answer questions like
  • What’s the person’s activity level/times like?
    If they are only for an hour a day and/or their peak time for your alliances online times and/or outside the peak game defence window then they will probably not add much to your alliance and if anything will be a defence drain. While you may still want to give them a chance to prove their worth (as leopards can change their spots in the world of PA) it at least tells you that this is a person you have to keep an eye on their contribution and hence react to any problems quicker. It also allows you to have a rough idea of where your weak spots are and change your recruitment focus to deal with it

• Does the person have a free account and what are their intentions when it comes to payment?
    While it tells you ingame if a planets paid or not it doesn’t tell you if they intend to pay for the account. Free players simply aren’t that useful for an alliance, they can’t really provide defence and that will often drive your paid players away. If they don’t intend to pay and you can’t arrange for them to be paid for then it may very well be better for you and this person to go elsewhere

• What’s the person like?
    [i]While a person can obviously put on a façade in an interview and you’re never weed out all the ‘bad seeds’ you can weed out some. For example we had one person recently who in the interview clearly had a bad attitude, he had quit his alliance after a disagreement with his HC and clearly gave a ‘I know better than anyone’ vibe off. He also seemed to demand he was made a BC and given control of our best members to form his own Battlegroup in the alliance. Now if we hadn’t interviewed him we wouldn’t have seen this till after accepting him and it may have then been too late to prevent him being a problem

• Whats the person’s background?
    [i]Its useful for a number of reasons to know peoples backgrounds. Do they have any skills you can use, what kind of level of help you are going to have to give them and most importantly what are their past alliances. The past alliance part allows you to go and check up on them and see what they are like and if they have any past history of causing a scene that you need to know about.

It basically just allows you to get the right mix of members and be better prepared for issues that could arise in the future and significantly increase the chances of your alliance being successful
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2006, 14:40   #20
AdmV0rl0n

Dear Wakey,

Thanks again for the feedback.

The idea of having a lightweight alliance, one that basically offered a place to new players in particular seemed attractive in the beginning.

Our operation while so small was in essence, a simple one.
Each day a raid would be laid out and the members could join if they wished. Each raid was selected from weak galaxies that showed evidence of poor leadership, or lousy defending.

The aim of this, being that almost all the members were small and pointless, not to mention potless, was to get them on the road while they learned. Attacking in single raids has less chance of success for such players.

So usually, members were advised of the target on the day, and told to aim for a 1AM launch time. With others attacking at the same time, they go in with cover. Its been simple enough and it works. When you have les members than a typical galaxy, its pointless to attempt to portray a level of sophistication that does'nt exist.

There was no planned focus on defending, because the membership was small, and losses were less important that running raids.

Anyway, the point was, to offer a starting basis, from there we would aim to provide the full range of operations normal alliances provide, including defense.

Many of the suggestions made by others in thread are totally correct.

Anyway, I'm still laughing at one of our (now Ex) members, who complained that he never got Defense. He complained bitterly in his leaving mail he was not getting defense, yet, far as I could see, he had never made it to IRC, not even once, he never communicated with the alliance about raids, and he seemed to think we should scan to see his incoming and send defense.

I suspect even the large alliances might find the idea of scanning their own members to guage their incoming, so they send defense as ludicrous, but what do I know.

In the meantime, Zikunion isnt going anywhere at any great speed, Its maintained its 29th place for a while, its lost a couple of members, its gaind a couple more. Its not going to change much before end of round, but it is a place as Mex has done, where even the most loony noobs can come and join. Are there better alliances? Sure. Would they take these guys? Not unless they are crazy, no

Ad
Unread 19 Nov 2006, 20:20   #21
AdmV0rl0n

Zikunion continue to make progress. Top 25 from nowhere, and we aim to be higher before end of round.

Given the background, the lowly aim of ending up top20 would be a worthy achievement for us.

Anyone can apply to join, everyone, even new players will be treated fairly.

Ad
Unread 27 Nov 2006, 01:18   #22
AdmV0rl0n

Quote:
Zikunion continue to make progress. Top 25 from nowhere, and we aim to be higher before end of round.

Given the background, the lowly aim of ending up top20 would be a worthy achievement for us.

Anyone can apply to join, everyone, even new players will be treated fairly.

Ad
------------------------

ZU has got itself in a creditable position from a late standing start. While obviously not threatening larger or more organised units, I want to credit my guys for their work. Many were new players, and people who could not allocate the normal time required to play, now, we work to try and secure that 22nd place in the alliance table.

If we succeed, then well done guys. We will have beaten all the other 'little' alliances.

Drac, Thanks mate You're a top geezer.
ORBIT: Keep rocking guys

Ad
Unread 30 Nov 2006, 19:30   #23
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Nope....the Reunion guys are probably all now in VisioN.
Reunion didnt have much to do with VsN.....tho of course we had a few former members but by now nearly everyone was in most of the "top" alliances.

Reunion had nothing to do with VsN...
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2006, 19:34   #24
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
why should it not be allowed?
Racism.
_Kila_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2006, 17:49   #25
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

AdmV0rl0n, you need to organise yourself better and your alliance like has been pointed out by the likes of Wakey, the reason you got yourself into a position where you did not like being in our galaxy was because of the way you acted and you must realise that you needed to re-learn the game, for example when ships came eta 7 when you said how it was worthless reporting because no ships could come eta 7, you need to read the manual yourself and also you dont send the correct def, you think all def in numbers will simple scare the attackers away which is not how the game works these days, so i suggest listening to HCs from other alliances, learn the game, read the manual, get irc channels set up as well a website possibly. and get some contacts that you could joint raid with or something, just to help you get started,
i wish you and Zikunion the best of luck for future rounds,
CBA

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2006, 18:52   #26
AdmV0rl0n

CBA said""
"AdmV0rl0n, you need to organise yourself better and your alliance like has been pointed out by the likes of Wakey, the reason you got yourself into a position where you did not like being in our galaxy was because of the way you acted and you must realise that you needed to re-learn the game, for example when ships came eta 7 when you said how it was worthless reporting because no ships could come eta 7, you need to read the manual yourself and also you dont send the correct def, you think all def in numbers will simple scare the attackers away which is not how the game works these days, so i suggest listening to HCs from other alliances, learn the game, read the manual, get irc channels set up as well a website possibly. and get some contacts that you could joint raid with or something, just to help you get started,
i wish you and Zikunion the best of luck for future rounds,
CBA"

I'm sure you do. I did like the little tirade. Have a nice round CBA.
Unread 7 Dec 2006, 18:48   #27
AdmV0rl0n

Zikunion has started its final offensives - We aim to unseat Heroic if we can.

Doing so will be a creditable and acceptable result from this round for ZU.

AdmV0rl0n
Unread 8 Dec 2006, 10:48   #28
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Zikunion has started its final offensives - We aim to unseat Heroic if we can.

Doing so will be a creditable and acceptable result from this round for ZU.

AdmV0rl0n

Best of Luck

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote