User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 10 Oct 2011, 11:20   #1
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold
Suggestion for Havoc

auto-report for free planets. it is highly annoying to have to report manually to an alliance when alliances are disabled.

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2011, 11:21   #2
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

ManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really nice
Re: Suggestion for Havoc

make it possible to set up cluster alliance ... also have a threat aabout 'what do you want for havok' prior to havok ... half these random boriing havok fails could be prevented.
ManiacMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2011, 12:23   #3
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

eh.. try to succeed without gangbanging at least in havoc.. i know its hard in real rounds but meh.. try it at least..
Unread 12 Oct 2011, 04:43   #4
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Scrap havoc and have a mini speed round (similar to that Christmas round we had).
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Oct 2011, 07:02   #5
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Isn't that basically what havoc is?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Oct 2011, 07:37   #6
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Xmas round > Havoc
Unread 12 Oct 2011, 10:41   #7
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Or a speedgame!

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Oct 2011, 11:05   #8
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Infact what i would like to see havoc being used for is to try out / beta test some ideas that you see on Planetarion Discussion/suggestions

As part of doing Research and developement aka seeking out ways to improve PA

Last edited by Paisley; 12 Oct 2011 at 11:18. Reason: edit - added suggestions after discussions
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Oct 2011, 11:22   #9
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

That's a good idea, though I wouldn't use havoc for figuring out how to balance new or old features, because speedgames and havoc don't accurately represent actual rounds (ship stat makers have often fallen into this trap). Stick to the more fundamental "do people like this/think this could work" type of things.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Oct 2011, 12:25   #10
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
That's a good idea, though I wouldn't use havoc for figuring out how to balance new or old features, because speedgames and havoc don't accurately represent actual rounds (ship stat makers have often fallen into this trap). Stick to the more fundamental "do people like this/think this could work" type of things.
Aye ... I see what you mean
Unread 12 Oct 2011, 14:10   #11
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
Infact what i would like to see havoc being used for is to try out / beta test some ideas that you see on Planetarion Discussion/suggestions

Unfortunately I'm not optimistic that PA will get any development for a long time (if at all). Even if apoc has asked the community about the use of structures to reduce roid cap.

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Oct 2011, 14:58   #12
Markb
PA Team

Markb is a jewel in the roughMarkb is a jewel in the roughMarkb is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

Congratulations, you've just described the beta server

NetGamers Senior CSC Administrator
Markb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Oct 2011, 15:22   #13
Zeyi
Tides of Fire

Zeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markb View Post
No he hasn't. He described what a beta server is meant to be used for. The PA beta server is rarely used like this.
Unread 12 Oct 2011, 16:42   #14
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
Unfortunately I'm not optimistic that PA will get any development for a long time (if at all). Even if apoc has asked the community about the use of structures to reduce roid cap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeyi View Post
No he hasn't. He described what a beta server is meant to be used for. The PA beta server is rarely used like this.
I guess you 2 can see what I can see ... however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markb View Post
Are you having a laugh here?
because I am not amused.

It took a good bit of pressure for the PA team to impliment a "Galaxy adaptation of the ally def page" and guess what that was done through the xmas round not the usual beta test (consists of trying out new stats for the round)

More stuff like that needs to happen to develope the game.
So do me a favour and either the PA team does more research and developement or even make a R&B team (ask the community for volunteers etc) There is no shame in asking for the PA community to help out in this field.

But if you think you are doing a grand job in this field then you need to consider stepping down.

*Note to MOD(s) ... I am not looking to flame/troll/take the michael out of Markb however I did find his comment breathe taking to say the least*
Unread 12 Oct 2011, 19:40   #15
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

Quote:
... or even make a R&B team.
I'm not sure that music will solve PA's problem, however...

Development needs funds from Jagex to get started, but I see Jagex taking over the development.

The current PA Team are just the caretakers.

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Oct 2011, 07:42   #16
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
I'm not sure that music will solve PA's problem, however...

Development needs funds from Jagex to get started, but I see Jagex taking over the development.

The current PA Team are just the caretakers.
I'm not doubting what you are saying, but could you point me in the direction how you have come to this please?

(If there is an announcement on jagex website or some other source)

Last edited by Paisley; 14 Oct 2011 at 09:30. Reason: -edit I've seen that I mistyped R&b instead of R&D lol
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Oct 2011, 18:01   #17
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

as at best 150 ppl out of 1100 play havoc beyond building a ton ships and crashing them into a mate could we not instead just scrap havoc and have a 2 week turn around instead of the current 3 weeks?
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2011, 14:22   #18
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Ive always thought that at the end of the round, there should be a fun/novelty speed round with a different twist each time. Weither it be small priv gals only, random gals only, no alliances, no races (or 5 races but all same stats to save coding), everyone has scans from start, start with much more resources, cloaked only with no inc scan, etc.

Just something different to keep players entertained.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote