User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 13 Mar 2005, 09:23   #1
The General8
NOT a yuppie....yet

The General8 is infamous around these partsThe General8 is infamous around these parts
Networking 98 and XP

I used to have a shared inetnet connection over my crossover cable from my windows 98 machine to my XP one

after reinstalling both O/Ses cos they fked up, i cant get it to work, the windows 98 machine can somtimes see the XP machine in network neighborhood and sometimes not, but can always acesses it anyway using //computername, however the XP machine cannot see the 98 machine or acess its shared files useing //computername, this is all very strange it worked like a charm last time and i could see and acess both pcs on both network neighborhood's i need to get it working again because inernet sharing does not want to work with this "connected but not" network

afaik all protacals and services are installed proplerly
any sujjestions

Quote:
Originally posted by an anon neg-repper

all your posts are shit. it's like a more accurate turbonegro song
i post on a internet forum!
The General8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2005, 14:29   #2
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Networking 98 and XP

check firewalls arent being annoying, the XP one in particular
Unread 13 Mar 2005, 18:21   #3
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Which one has the internet connection?
Unread 13 Mar 2005, 21:21   #4
The General8
NOT a yuppie....yet

The General8 is infamous around these partsThe General8 is infamous around these parts

the XP machine, broadband

Quote:

Unread 13 Mar 2005, 21:24   #5
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Have you tried using the home networking wizard on the XP machine?
It'll make you a nice little disk that you take to the 98 machine and it should sort everything out.
Unread 14 Mar 2005, 08:46   #6
The General8
NOT a yuppie....yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by meglamaniac
Have you tried using the home networking wizard on the XP machine?
It'll make you a nice little disk that you take to the 98 machine and it should sort everything out.
ya i did on the XP machine, i gotta hunt down a working floppy drive then

Quote:

Unread 15 Mar 2005, 14:55   #7
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, check to make sure nothing is being firewalled, and that both machines are using the same protocol. Also, it's \\computername not //