User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 29 Feb 2004, 10:30   #1
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
for serious

if god is almighty, can god create a stone that is to heavy for it to lift?
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 10:38   #2
The General8
NOT a yuppie....yet

The General8 is infamous around these partsThe General8 is infamous around these parts
Re: for serious

semi old

Quote:
Originally posted by an anon neg-repper

all your posts are shit. it's like a more accurate turbonegro song
i post on a internet forum!
The General8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 10:39   #3
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

semi old? The question is older then old itself, it makes Dead_Meat look young. But, i've still to get a real answer to it
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 12:04   #4
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The only counter-argument I've heard is that the question is just word play and God can transcend our pathetic level of understanding.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 17:55   #5
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Baron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud of

These bloody creationists.
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 17:56   #6
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

Qdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these parts

i suppose that he could make a pebble to heavy for it to lift if he wanted to..

Are you sh*tting me? You mean my negrep is SOO LOW my opinion is worthless?

Last edited by Qdeathstar; 29 Feb 2004 at 18:01.
Qdeathstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 17:57   #7
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

Qdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these parts

it depends on what he wants to be able to do.

Unread 29 Feb 2004, 17:58   #8
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Ahahahahahaha
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 18:01   #9
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Yes...

If he really wanted to he could make a stone that he can't lift...
If he really wants to lift if after he created it, he could...

It's all about will... if he wants to, he can... if he wants something else contradicting his previous will, he can do that too...

I am teh win!!! I beat the evolutionists!!!

I don't believe really in a god BTW.
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 18:03   #10
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

Quote:
No :-/

Because here we are assuming that a god really did create a rock.

not that that actually happened.

Unread 29 Feb 2004, 18:05   #11
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Structural Integrity
If he really wants to lift if after he created it, he could....
It's fairly easy to word the question so it's something like "Could he create a rock so heavy that he could never ever ever lift it?" (if he then lifted it, is earlier challenge has failed and he isn't omnipotent).
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 18:06   #12
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qdeathstar
No :-/

Because here we are assuming that a god really did create a rock.

not that that actually happened.
So... he created this rock... and he can't lift if because he wanted it to be too heavy for him...
Then tomorrow, he feels like lifting the rock he couldn't lift yesterday, and he just lifts it, because he can do anything he wants.

I don't get your point.
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 18:07   #13
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

my answere still would have been, it depends on what he wanted to do. And an important not. It doesnt say he lifted it, but that it lifted it. Just incase its something screwwy.

Unread 29 Feb 2004, 18:09   #14
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

There's nothing like watching people who both don't understand the problem argue.
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 18:10   #15
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
It's fairly easy to word the question so it's something like "Could he create a rock so heavy that he could never ever ever lift it?" (if he then lifted it, is earlier challenge has failed and he isn't omnipotent).
You damn evolutionist!!
I'm sure the creationists can come up with something that makes the "never ever" part not apply to god. I can't think of it right now.
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 18:10   #16
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

Quote:
So... he created this rock... and he can't lift if because he wanted it to be too heavy for him...
Then tomorrow, he feels like lifting the rock he couldn't lift yesterday, and he just lifts it, because he can do anything he wants.
exactly.

That post was in regards to creationists winning. I was saying no.. not really, because for use to ask the question, we must have already agreed that god can create rocks.

But being that i dont think a god can create rocks, or whatever.. this conversation has no bearing on whether creationist or evolutionists win or loose because its taken soley from a creationist perspective.

BTW, on a side note. We already proved evolution. so i dont know what the creationists are going on about.

Unread 29 Feb 2004, 18:12   #17
Dante Hicks
Clerk

What the hell has this got to do with evolution or creationism?
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 18:13   #18
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
What the hell has this got to do with evolution or creationism?
I don't know... I like words with lots of letters in them.
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 18:14   #19
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

IF he wants to create a rock that he can never ever lift, then he can do it. If he doesnt want to, then he wont. God would not want to change is mind.

But here is the problem i have. If god is omnipotent, how in the hell did he let satan almost take him over. He must be a very-very arrogent being to wait until the last minute to smite. I do not approve of that sort of behavior. And then, on top of that, he's letting his children get corrupted by evil. Sure children have free will, but arnt you supposed to protect them? Try being charged with neglect of a five year old, and then saying, it was their free will. How well will that work.

Unread 29 Feb 2004, 18:15   #20
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

Quote:
Yes...

If he really wants to lift if after he created it, he could...

It's all about will... if he wants to, he can... if he wants something else contradicting his previous will, he can do that too...

I don't believe really in a god BTW.
whether he is serious are not, thats what it has to do with it

Unread 29 Feb 2004, 18:24   #21
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
If god is omnipotent, how in the hell did he let satan almost take him over.
Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Lucifer lose the war in heaven pretty decisively?

Quote:
And then, on top of that, he's letting his children get corrupted by evil. Sure children have free will, but arnt you supposed to protect them?
sums up my reaction to this line, pretty much.

Quote:
Try being charged with neglect of a five year old, and then saying, it was their free will. How well will that work.
So what your saying is that god should be legally required by the state to keep everyone 'good'?
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 18:27   #22
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

Quote:
Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Lucifer lose the war in heaven pretty decisively?
what your saying is that god should be legally required by the state to keep everyone 'good'
Not at first, according to Paradice Lost... a work of fiction, but still a damn good peice.

Yes, if god is going to claim that he is Omnipotent and of pure good.

Unread 29 Feb 2004, 18:33   #23
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Not at first, according to Paradice Lost... a work of fiction, but still a damn good peice.
Milton was a college man, and it's best not to rely on epic poetry, you know. Especially when quite a lot of it was 'made up' (as it were) by Milton.

Quote:
Yes, if god is going to claim that he is Omnipotent and of pure good.
Where did god claim that?
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 18:36   #24
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Not at first, according to Paradice Lost
I am going to be rollyloffling all night now

Damn you
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 18:36   #25
Billy No Mates
Banned

Billy No Mates is an unknown quantity at this point

At what point does a stone become a rock?
Billy No Mates is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 18:37   #26
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Are paradice some form of D20?
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 18:37   #27
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

when god says so.

Unread 29 Feb 2004, 18:38   #28
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

paradise :-/ Fine

I

Unread 29 Feb 2004, 18:38   #29
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
when god says so.
Book? Chapter? Verse?
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 18:39   #30
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

and he claimed that in the bible. not to menchion the fact that it is generally accepted as being true. STFU (as in shut the F@#$ up)

Unread 29 Feb 2004, 18:39   #31
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

errr, i was answering "when does a stone become a rock"

Unread 29 Feb 2004, 18:41   #32
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Ok, then.

Quote:
and he claimed that in the bible. not to menchion the fact that it is generally accepted as being true. STFU (as in shut the F@#$ up)
Book? Chapter? Verse?

'Hey, someone's arguing with me! Rather than actually make any statements that are based on fact, I'll just swear at him and hope he goes away!'
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 18:46   #33
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

Quote:
'Hey, someone's arguing with me! Rather than actually make any statements that are based on fact, I'll just swear at him and hope he goes away!'
indeed

Ofcourse, i could just pick at his spelling.. like you do, right m8?

here you go for the rest of that

The Bible, John chapter 21 verse 17b, NLT

Unread 29 Feb 2004, 18:49   #34
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

or

http://www.request.org.uk/main/basics/god/God04.htm

Unread 29 Feb 2004, 18:50   #35
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

(King James, that is)

How does that help?
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 18:51   #36
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
I don't see anything there that helps either. All it said that's vaguely relevent is that god loves and god forgives. The latter is kind of impossible if you stop people doing anything wrong.
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 18:55   #37
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

it also says::

Where it says Omnicence
"I can never escape from your Spirit! I can never get away from your presence!"
"Lord, you know everything."
"With God everything is possible."
"God alone has all wisdom and power."

Where it says goodness

"O Lord, you are so good, so ready to forgive, so full of unfailing love for all who ask your aid."
"Anyone who does not love does not know God, for God is love."
"You are a God of forgiveness, gracious and merciful, slow to become angry and full of unfailing love and mercy."

Unread 29 Feb 2004, 19:11   #38
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

I'm not arguing about the omnipotence. I'm arguing with the 'god is pure good'. Which the quotes don't support. Just that he loves all, and has an infinite capacity to forgive.
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 19:13   #39
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

"O Lord, you are so good,"

Unread 29 Feb 2004, 19:17   #40
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
"O Lord, you are so good,"
Which is equal to pure good, how?
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 19:18   #41
Snurx
Dirte

The answers to my question, the ones that i found in this thread, was very lacking.

If it (God, that is), creates a stone that is so heavy that it can't lift it, then how can it lift it later? Then, its original "omnipotence" is gone, beacause it could lift the stone, rite?
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 19:19   #42
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

if you are saying it is god. But it could be another creature

Unread 29 Feb 2004, 19:37   #43
Snurx
Dirte

In this question, it is god.
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 19:42   #44
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
if you are saying it is god. But it could be another creature
That's like replying 'Don't worry, tomcats can't get pregnant' to someone saying 'I'm worried that my bitch may get impregnated'
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 20:41   #45
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

its nothing like that

Unread 29 Feb 2004, 20:42   #46
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

its like saying Im worried that it is pregnat

or dont worry, it cant get impregnated

Unread 1 Mar 2004, 13:59   #47
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

i dont even care anymore....

Unread 1 Mar 2004, 14:00   #48
Billy No Mates
Banned

Billy No Mates is an unknown quantity at this point

You mean at some point you did?? :eek:
Billy No Mates is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 14:00   #49
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
i dont even care anymore....
Damn youth of today.
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 14:05   #50
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

Not about this thread particulary. But i thought it was interesting. Now its not. This thread has managed, SINGLE HANDIDLY to take all fun in the forums and piss it down a 1/2 inch 3ft long pipe. And im sitting downpipe of it GETTING PISSED ON by the very thread that is SO RUINING my life.

/me goes hide.