User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 7 Jun 2005, 16:12   #1
The General8
NOT a yuppie....yet

The General8 is infamous around these partsThe General8 is infamous around these parts
The General8 returns with more aussie questions

Once again, google has failed me.

I need to know if my UK Gamecube will work on aussie TVs, from what i have read Australia uses PAL as the UK does but a uses a Different kind of PAL format (Aus PAL B/G and the UK PAL 1)

help....

help me oh GD fountain of eternal knowlage!

there is a forum for people emigrating to aussie from other countires but i cant remeber the url

Quote:
Originally posted by an anon neg-repper

all your posts are shit. it's like a more accurate turbonegro song
i post on a internet forum!
The General8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2005, 16:14   #2
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: The General8 returns with more aussie questions

work on aussie tvs? surely your gamecube can work on any kind of tv......? it all depends on the type of format you game is which determines whether u can play it or not isnt it?
Unread 7 Jun 2005, 16:16   #3
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend

I agree. Is it not a case of just plug it into the back via scart?
Unread 7 Jun 2005, 16:17   #4
The General8
NOT a yuppie....yet

The General8 is infamous around these partsThe General8 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki
work on aussie tvs? surely your gamecube can work on any kind of tv......? it all depends on the type of format you game is which determines whether u can play it or not isnt it?
I dont think so, im sure it says PAL gamecube someware on it, like my N64 did (and my snes, oh they were the days, i remeber starwing *rant*) i may be wrong tho

Quote:

Last edited by The General8; 7 Jun 2005 at 16:18. Reason: Spelling
Unread 7 Jun 2005, 16:30   #5
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madina
I agree. Is it not a case of just plug it into the back via scart?
One problem, we don't use scart here.

Some of the more fancy or expensive TVs have scart connectors, but it's not a commonly found item.

Instead we use component AV leads. Consisting usually of a video (yellow), left audio (white), right audio (red). Example

Alternatively you could try to buy an adapter. You also need to take the powercord into consideration, either by buying an adapter, or an aussie powercord.
djbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2005, 16:38   #6
The General8
NOT a yuppie....yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbass
One problem, we don't use scart here.

Some of the more fancy or expensive TVs have scart connectors, but it's not a commonly found item.

Instead we use component AV leads. Consisting usually of a video (yellow), left audio (white), right audio (red). Example

Alternatively you could try to buy an adapter. You also need to take the powercord into consideration, either by buying an adapter, or an aussie powercord.
Ah yes it came with an AV cable need to get one of those plugs tho. thanks

Quote:

Unread 7 Jun 2005, 16:39   #7
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbass
It'll work then. I plug my Gamecube into my TV via the video/audio AV leads.
Unread 7 Jun 2005, 17:21   #8
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

it should work, aussie is PAL aswell, and you have the AV cables :/
Unread 7 Jun 2005, 20:58   #9
JamMak
Cynical Optimist

JamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud of

Yeah, think it's a slightly different PAL standard as such, but not something that'll cause any problems between one PAL input/output and another.
Happy gaming!
JamMak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2005, 21:34   #10
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

It'll never work.

You're ****ed.

Have fun living in convict land.

Oh wai...
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote