User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 26 Jun 2003, 17:34   #1
The General8
NOT a yuppie....yet

The General8 is infamous around these partsThe General8 is infamous around these parts
Exclamation Whummmmmmp!

That is the sound of 18 years of hopes and dreams coming crashing down.

just found out that i have not achived the grade i needed to get on to the next collage course meaning i will not be able to go to uni thus destroying my life, how was your day?

any ideas on what i should do now?

Quote:
Originally posted by an anon neg-repper

all your posts are shit. it's like a more accurate turbonegro song
i post on a internet forum!
The General8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 17:39   #2
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point
you havent destroyed your life ffs. There is much more to life than going to college or uni.

Get a job, you never know, you might end up happy. I just got a job in a companies Tech support dept setting up new machines for £7.00 an hour. With no qualifications at all.
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Pyr0 MK III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 17:40   #3
The General8
NOT a yuppie....yet

The General8 is infamous around these partsThe General8 is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyr0 MK III
you havent destroyed your life ffs. There is much more to life than going to college or uni.

Get a job, you never know, you might end up happy. I just got a job in a companies Tech support dept setting up new machines for £7.00 an hour. With no qualifications at all.
:eek:
nice! mebbe there is hope

Quote:

Unread 26 Jun 2003, 17:44   #4
Chojin
Muslim Jr.

Chojin is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by The General8

Not dwell on it.

I dropped out of school six months before my final exams and entry into college. I was in the top classes, averaging A grades among the different subjects.

And I managed to bollocks it all up.

But opportunities are rife. You'll soon see.
Chojin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 17:44   #5
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Can't you just redo the year or something?
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 17:46   #6
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
I'd say around 90% of the people who come out of uni over here come out unprepared for any type of job at all. I just graduated from uni, and almost no one I know has gotten a job yet (from my class). Nurses, who graduated with a useful skill (in high demand right now), being the exception.

for most uni just costs around 100K and takes 4-5 years of your life. if you worked for 30K a year for those years, then after four years you'll be up 220K. It's unlikely that the uni people will ever catch up (especially if you count interest).

Tech schools etc. are far more useful.
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 18:00   #7
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about
can you not just redo the year?
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 18:01   #8
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
im thinking of running away from britain im in so much debt. Kinda like a reverse economic migrant. But anyways take a year out and redo the damned exam, at the same time get a parttime job and save up to go to university or whatever.
Nusselt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 18:03   #9
The General8
NOT a yuppie....yet

Quote:
Originally posted by Bloomers III
can you not just redo the year?
i WAS redoing it from last year and i still dint get the grade

Quote:

Unread 26 Jun 2003, 18:03   #10
The General8
NOT a yuppie....yet

I know i can do this stuff i just cant motivate myself

Quote:

Unread 26 Jun 2003, 18:07   #11
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
dont worry man, you will get in through clearing

(assuming you are in the UK)

Just ring the course tutor at the uni you intend to go to, and tell him/her the situation
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 18:12   #12
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by acropolis
I'd say around 90% of the people who come out of uni over here come out unprepared for any type of job at all. I just graduated from uni, and almost no one I know has gotten a job yet (from my class). Nurses, who graduated with a useful skill (in high demand right now), being the exception.
Yeah, but that's American unis. Their undergraduate degrees are pretty worthless arent they, on account of being really really broad? I was under the impression you needed to do a year or so of postgrad work just to bring it up to the standard of a normal UK honours degree.

The General8: Cant you just get a job while redoing A-Levels part time at a college, possibly a night school, then reapply next year?
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 18:12   #13
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
I know i can do this stuff i just cant motivate myself
I dont mean to sound harsh here, but if thats your attitude you shouldnt bother going to uni as you will only end up dropping out. 2 of my mates have done that and its a waste of a year or 2 in your life as well as a hell of a lot of money.
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 18:16   #14
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
if you have no motivation then uni isnt for you..

youll survive the first year but the 2nd and 3rd are all about you doing it for yourself

noone pushes you and there is no pressure.

if you do it you do it and pass
if you dont then you fail and waste several thousand pounds.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 18:22   #15
the dying puppy
Banned

the dying puppy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Whummmmmmp!

Quote:

just found out that i have not achived the grade i needed to get on to the next collage course meaning i will not be able to go to uni thus destroying my life, how was your day?

Ohh dude! See, I keep telling you people, and you just don't want to listen me, don't ya?
I guess you are one of those with a bad luck as well, huh?
I said it ones and I'll say it again, there is absolutely nothing you can do to improve your luck.
You see, Al luck is one of those ineffable astral fluids we know through direct observation. It exists, but which like, wealth and sexappeal - is utterly beyond our mortal ken. You've either got it or you wish you had it. What's more, bad luck like yours has an unfortunate tendancy to rub off. And that is why I think I gonna stay away from you thread and suggest to everyone to do the same.
the dying puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 19:38   #16
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
if you failed the same course 2 years in a row, its obviously not the right course for you

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 21:07   #17
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
Motivation and commitment is essential. Thinking your life is over just because you didn't complete something like that is pathetic. The best advice is ultimately "there's more out there than what you know" so grab your sack and scratch until you become motivated to do something else.

Or play Planetarion, whatever floats your boat.
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 21:13   #18
Muslim
Banned

Muslim is an unknown quantity at this point
check the japanese embassy for scholaship there
im doing it and im going there
its free and they pay the whole course
otherwise
enroll to french foreign legion
its nice
Muslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 21:36   #19
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
Originally posted by Dark_Mage
100k? you sure about that.
i'm talking dollars. my undergraduate tuition was $65000-70000, but I got a scholarship to cover all that (most people don't). this is at a public institution, private ones are much more expensive (about twice as much).

add in living expenses (dorms + food plan = $3000 a semester, 8 semesters = $24000). you are now around 95K.

but note that I went to a cheap school, and i got out in four years, which is quicker than most.

Quote:
Originally posted by Nodrog
Yeah, but that's American unis. Their undergraduate degrees are pretty worthless arent they, on account of being really really broad? I was under the impression you needed to do a year or so of postgrad work just to bring it up to the standard of a normal UK honours degree.
it depends on major (obviously i can't compare to UK).

after four years of engineering, you could easily get a job (until summer 2001).

but if you go with something like psychology, who's gonna hire you? and a huge chunk take either psych, history, poli sci, communications, etc, and whether or not they get a strong education in that area, the question is "who wants to hire someone that just graduated with x degree?

but yes, they are broad; and in my opinion they aren't that great educations (i know more PS than PS, more econ than the econs, more history than the historys, which is sad). what's the curriculum for a normal honors degree like?
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 21:45   #20
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by ItotheDtotheI
And UK unis.

My housemate just graduated with a first. Hes been looking for a job for 2 weeks now, its not case of not being accepted.. its a case of their arent any.
Yeah, but what course? If its comp sci or something thats not really surprising
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 21:47   #21
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Yeah, but that's American unis. Their undergraduate degrees are pretty worthless arent they
When I did Politics at University, we had quite a few American students (doing a term or a year in the UK, the rest of the course in America) - I think we had some sort of exchange program I think.

One of the things they noted was that the workload on UK courses was much, much lower. Less lectures, less assignments, less classes in general. However, they also noted that the expected level of reading (and knowledge I suppose) was higher in a UK politics course than in the US.

I'd probably consider the UK model superior for myself, but I can see why some would benefit from the US. This obviously only applies to Political Science though, not proper degrees like medicene, engineering, etc.

And you can do well with or without a degree in the UK. You've just got to be lucky to an extent, or rely on ability/hard-work.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 21:49   #22
Nodrog

Political "Science"
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 21:50   #23
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Political "Science"
That's what they called it. My degree is a Batchelor of Arts in plain vanilla Politics tho.
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 21:52   #24
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Kumnaa is infamous around these parts

Quote:

Get a job you lazy ****. Work experience is the best thing you can take to an interview.
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 21:53   #25
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Re: Re: Whummmmmmp!

Quote:
Originally posted by Kumnaa
Get a job you lazy ****. Work experience is the best thing you can take to an interview.
No, lies are the best thing you can take into an interview.
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 21:56   #26
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Quote:

The General8: Cant you just get a job while redoing A-Levels part time at a college, possibly a night school, then reapply next year?
Degrees in general arent as important as big brother makes out. I know people with degrees that couldnt get a job and just went back to uni cause nobody wanted them *cough*idi*cough* and I also know people that had setup their own company by the time they had finished their A-levels and are currently nicely rich without a degree *cough*http://www.areti.co.uk*cough*.
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 22:11   #27
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I'm reminded in this thread of the piece in TCS (if memory serves; it is more likely to be Varsity though) about someone saying all this 'Employers like people with Cambridge degrees' stuff was rubbish.

It turned out he had been looking for a job for two weeks.

And was an english student.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 22:13   #28
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
still tho

english student >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Media studies

ps ta for the answers
Nusselt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 22:15   #29
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Cambridge doesn't 'do' media studies.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 22:16   #30
Nodrog

Quote:
Degrees in general arent as important as big brother makes out. I know people with degrees that couldnt get a job and just went back to uni cause nobody wanted them *cough*idi*cough* and I also know people that had setup their own company by the time they had finished their A-levels and are currently nicely rich without a degree *cough*http://www.areti.co.uk*cough*.
Sample size.

Type of employment.

Reasons for going to university other than "to get a job"

etc
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 22:19   #31
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Quote:
Sample size.

Type of employment.

Reasons for going to university other than "to get a job"

etc
I am simply pointing out to the poor chap that you don't need a degree to do anything better than work in Mcdonalds.
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 22:22   #32
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
of course you can get a job without a degree, but if you can get a GOOD job, with PROSPECTS without a degree, i will be impressed.

currently, i am looking at a distance learning degree simply because it is the only way i can get beyond about £16k around here
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 22:24   #33
Nodrog

Quote:
I am simply pointing out to the poor chap that you don't need a degree to do anything better than work in Mcdonalds.
Depends what you mean by "better". A degree certainly isnt a prerequisite for earning lots of money, but most of the fields that I'd consider worth working in are far easier to get into with a degree than without one. If your only goal is "earning lots" then you can probably do just as well without one, assuming that youre bright enough and work hard, although I dont have the necessary knowledge to claim that for a fact.
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 22:28   #34
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

The only field I was interested in was computing and most emplyees would prefer one of those bizarre certificates you get from short courses rather than a Computer Science degree than any chimp can get. I know nothing about other fields.
Unread 27 Jun 2003, 09:13   #35
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
If your only goal is "earning lots" then you can probably do just as well without one, assuming that youre bright enough and work hard, although I dont have the necessary knowledge to claim that for a fact.
If you're a certain type of person then you can probably make a lot of money in sales without any qualifications. You do need to have lost your soul though.
Unread 27 Jun 2003, 09:24   #36
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
i know people who work in sales, they all had their souls surgically removed as part of the pre job trianing, that and their teeth whitened
Unread 27 Jun 2003, 09:43   #37
BarbieKen

Quote:

"Complain to the help desk. They'll upgrade you for a small fee".*

*May contain inprobable suggestions
Unread 27 Jun 2003, 10:26   #38
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
SAVE THE PLANET AND KILL YOURSELF NOW TAKE THAT TOWEL AND HANGYOURSELF

SUICIDE REALLY IS THE ANSWER FOR YOU
Unread 27 Jun 2003, 11:06   #39
Toop
Banned

Toop is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by acropolis
i'm talking dollars. my undergraduate tuition was $65000-70000, but I got a scholarship to cover all that (most people don't). this is at a public institution, private ones are much more expensive (about twice as much).

add in living expenses (dorms + food plan = $3000 a semester, 8 semesters = $24000). you are now around 95K.

but note that I went to a cheap school, and i got out in four years, which is quicker than most.
lol! I pay about 3000 € tuition + 1000/2000€ for b00ks . Dutch unis r00l
Toop is offline   Reply With Quote