User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 10 Apr 2003, 15:01   #1
General Geiger

General Geiger is infamous around these partsGeneral Geiger is infamous around these parts

That's the number of Coalition soldiers killed in the Second Gulf war. It was more than twice as long as the last one, yet had only slightly more than the same number of human losses for "our" side.

What I find interesting is the fact that the majority of these deaths went unreported on television. I have been counting - in my typically morbid way - and I have noted about forty reported Coalition fatalities, though I knew there must be more. Then just an hour or so ago I counted the Coalition war dead in the Sunday Times supplement T2 - there were 91 American dead, 31 British. 122 Coalition fatalities, overall. Yet less than a third of them were reported on TV.

Not sure there's anything else I can usefully say about this, or any clever note I can end it on. I just found it interesting. Any views?

*morg has never heard of GD
<@morg> sounds like an std to me

<.KraKto5is8> "you can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friends nose"
General Geiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Apr 2003, 15:04   #2
The General8
NOT a yuppie....yet

The General8 is infamous around these partsThe General8 is infamous around these parts
mebbe cos it would be demoralizing

Quote:
Originally posted by an anon neg-repper

all your posts are shit. it's like a more accurate turbonegro song
i post on a internet forum!
The General8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Apr 2003, 15:05   #3
MrMighty
Chimping

MrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the rough
Why should every single death be reported on television?

If you've just got this information now, you obviously don't read the Independent like smart kids do.
MrMighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Apr 2003, 15:16   #4
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
if they reported all the Iraqi deaths.......

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Apr 2003, 15:21   #5
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future
What the f*cking are you lot talking about?

All of the coalition soldiers have been destroyed with only a single Iraqi peasant killed in the process.

Everyone knows that.

The Information Minister said so, ffs.

Now shut up.
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Apr 2003, 15:21   #6
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Quote:
Originally posted by Radical Edward
if they reported all the Iraqi deaths.......
True, so true. (If i got your meaning, that is!)

Anyways, i would not count on this war to be over, at all. If I had been Saddam, i would do exactly as he has done now, and then, when they dont expect any major resistance, do something extreme.
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Apr 2003, 15:24   #7
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
possibly... gassing the new government would go down nicely I bet. still we'll see.. it all depends on what those around him think, assuming he is still alive.

I wonder what the US will do if they don't find him.. heh.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Apr 2003, 15:32   #8
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Radical Edward
possibly... gassing the new government would go down nicely I bet. still we'll see.. it all depends on what those around him think, assuming he is still alive.

I wonder what the US will do if they don't find him.. heh.

From what I hear, the CIA believes we nailed him in that resturant.

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Apr 2003, 15:35   #9
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Snurx
If I had been Saddam, i would do exactly as he has done now, and then, when they dont expect any major resistance, do something extreme.
Yeah, like a double frontside ollie 180 combo with a backside 50-50 on transition.

KICKIN RAD D00D !!!

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Apr 2003, 17:05   #10
Akallabeth
Insomniac

Akallabeth is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 122.

Quote:
Originally posted by General Geiger
That's the number of Coalition soldiers killed in the Second Gulf war. It was more than twice as long as the last one, yet had only slightly more than the same number of human losses for "our" side.

What I find interesting is the fact that the majority of these deaths went unreported on television. I have been counting - in my typically morbid way - and I have noted about forty reported Coalition fatalities, though I knew there must be more. Then just an hour or so ago I counted the Coalition war dead in the Sunday Times supplement T2 - there were 91 American dead, 31 British. 122 Coalition fatalities, overall. Yet less than a third of them were reported on TV.

Not sure there's anything else I can usefully say about this, or any clever note I can end it on. I just found it interesting. Any views?
any bet the 'coalition deathtoll' is at approx 350-400 minimum

but ofc we wont be told that till a few decades later